#2 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts
  • Gallery:View
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:04 AM

I have a free mixtape from last year of his from a website that has loads of unsigned artists on it trying to get their music out (you probably know it, I'm just having a brain spasm) it was very originally called "Free- New Music" lol.

Any way it was really good, it had a remix of "I need a dollar" on it as well as a "Junior College" his answer to Asher Roth's "I love College" and few other stand out remixes and I was really impressed. It's cool that he's Asian as well because you honestly don't hear/see that many in hip hop and rap for whatever reason, at least not in the mainstream or even amongst the well known underground artists. Maybe I'm missing something but that dude from Linkin Park, Apl.D.Ap from BEP, Jin and Chan are the only other dudes I could think about who rap and I can count them on one hand, so there aren't many in my experience. I know race doesn't matter but I actually think it is a good thing that hip hop is becoming even more culturally diverse.

Any way, this video is a nice find as I've been meaning to follow up my interest in Dumbfounded's music, he has a nice easy listening flow and some pretty tight lyrics that appeal to me so what more can you ask for?

#3 MC Coemgen

MC Coemgen

The Official Un-Official Code-X Legend

• Code-X Member
  • 14,431 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:39 AM

Was the mixtape apart of Grindtime? Because thats the first place I heard of Dumbfounded. He's a pretty dope battle rapper, he had a battle against Tantrum, another Asian dude, it was just one of the funniest battles I've seen.

#4 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts
  • Gallery:View
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:59 AM

It was bandcamp - I'm not sure why it took me a day to figure that out, lol. For some reason some of his music ends up on there particular his remixes and ft.'s that are available for free elsewhere. He has an account on bandcamp as well he goes by the name dumbfoundead on there and he's got his own custom url so it's just simply http://www.dumbfoundead.com - his EP's on there are on the right hand side.

He's really tight though, I didn't know he did battles - that's something I'll have to look at, that second video is really good.