#1 TheRisingShadow

TheRisingShadow

wut

• Code-X Member
  • 7,247 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:58 PM

PSN Outage Discusison Thread
Discuss all the latest happenings regarding the Playstation Network outage here.

#2 Zcrux

Zcrux

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:51 PM

This is why you shouldn't have sold your Xbox :P

#3 H K

H K

Code X Join Date: Jul 7, 2004

• Code-X Legend
  • 9,209 posts
  • Gallery:View

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:29 PM

Good.

I hope the entire thing is destroyed forever. That'll teach Sony to give their online away for free. Put some money down on that shit, gets you better protection.

#4 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:43 PM

Still frustrated with PSN service being down? According to the Playstation RLS twitter, it looks like the problem is in Japan, and engineers are trying their best to identify and fixed the problem. Hopefully PSN service will be up soon, and won't last as long as the previous outage.
Source

Anon has said they won't attack the PSN services, so the rumors that it's hackers I would believe to be false.

#5 H K

H K

• Code-X Legend
  • 9,209 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:46 PM

View PostDday141, on 21 April 2011 - 04:43 PM, said:

Still frustrated with PSN service being down? According to the Playstation RLS twitter, it looks like the problem is in Japan, and engineers are trying their best to identify and fixed the problem. Hopefully PSN service will be up soon, and won't last as long as the previous outage.
Source

Anon has said they won't attack the PSN services, so the rumors that it's hackers I would believe to be false.

Posted Image

Because this is a face you can trust.

#6 Solid Snake

Solid Snake

I'm not a hero. Never have been, never will be.

• Code-X Member
  • 3,696 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:33 PM

Yeah, this has been a very boring night without any Black Ops...Btw TRS you need to re-add me

#7 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:09 AM

Dont think its Anon, Anon have said that they would not be attacking the Playstation network again because they don't want to affect the Customers.

Ive read a few different articles about the outage and each one has said something different, Maybe over the weekend more solid info would be released to the actual reasons why the network is down.

#8 Trademark

Trademark

Unashamed

• Code-X Member
  • 2,971 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:29 AM

It's still down today, so something is up, now when you try to login it says "Playstation Network is currently undergoing maintenance."

#9 Trademark

Trademark

Unashamed

• Code-X Member
  • 2,971 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:35 AM

Also sorry for the double post, but it was apparently Anonymous after all
http://tech2.in.com/...-on-sony/211062

#10 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:56 AM

Wow, I'm surprised Anon would go back on their word after they said they would not target the PSN as it hurts the customers and players as well. I also heard they are planning an attack as soon as the PSN service is back up and running as stated here. Anon member even states that they would not target the PSN. Very conflicting.

#11 Solid Snake

Solid Snake

I'm not a hero. Never have been, never will be.

• Code-X Member
  • 3,696 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 22 April 2011 - 01:12 PM

This is getting annoying. Unlike everyone else whose trying to login, I'm getting "You've been logged out of Playstation Network" (Said if the internet disconnects). I wish Anon would just quit, it's getting old with their actions.

Edited by The Annoying Orange, 22 April 2011 - 01:13 PM.

#12 TheRisingShadow

TheRisingShadow

wut

• Code-X Member
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 03:40 PM

View PostMr. J, on 21 April 2011 - 04:29 PM, said:

Good.

I hope the entire thing is destroyed forever. That'll teach Sony to give their online away for free. Put some money down on that shit, gets you better protection.
They can hack Xbox if they want to anyway. They've hacked AT&T and YouTube before. The reason this all started was because Sony said that the PS3 was unhackable, then they got mad when he released a jailbreak. So now Sony is getting some payback.

View PostThe Annoying Orange, on 21 April 2011 - 10:33 PM, said:

Yeah, this has been a very boring night without any Black Ops...Btw TRS you need to re-add me
Alright, add TrickShottinq <--- The G is a Q at the end. I only play MW2 for the sake of Trickshotting and quickscoping because it's fun, and I don't really like Black Ops.

I also heard that Anonymous is trying to find out a way to mess with Sony without putting down PSN. Am I the only one who thinks this is badass? Lol. If they can keep PSN up and still mess with Sony, it'll be an interesting thing to watch.

Also, here is the message they sent to Sony.

Posted Image

#13 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:30 PM

Dude you just posted all the news that was already posted in other posts. And it's not badass it's pretty sad. Why do they want to hack a PS3 so badly? To me it'll just ruin everything. I'd rather have the 360 as the hacked console and just leave the fair fun players to the PS3.

#14 H K

H K

• Code-X Legend
  • 9,209 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:51 PM

I do believe I get to say I told you so.

#15 DaAfroMan

DaAfroMan

Is can not be configures!

• Code-X Legend
  • 3,415 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:18 AM

Actually, that's a image sent a while ago reused to make up BS. You read on their chat irc, top line and you'll see it says:

[#Opsony is over. Mission accomplished. #OpSony is not responsible for the current downtime of PSN. Whatever problems Sony have, they are nothing whatsoever to do with us. kthxbai. | DON'T ASK US IF THE PSN IS UP, WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT!]

In any case, it's possible that there is a rebel 'fan group' hacking the service, rather than anonymous themselves. In fact, highly likely. As far as I am concerned, PSN can stay down. Never liked PS3 games anywho. My PS3 just sits there collecting dust since I got my Xbox.

#16 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:44 AM

View PostDday141, on 22 April 2011 - 05:30 PM, said:

I'd rather have the 360 as the hacked console and just leave the fair fun players to the PS3.
Well that was very ignorant.

#17 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:46 AM

Sony getting what has been coming to them for ages.

Edited by Socom, 23 April 2011 - 06:51 AM.

#18 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:53 AM

Yay! I unpurposely started a console flaming war. *checks it off To-Do List*

And this.

#19 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:56 AM

So up to know, how long as the PSN been down for?

#20 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 07:05 AM

The articles listed are pretty old and from the first time they attacked PSN, Anon wouldnt go back on their word, As Fro said it could be another group doing this. But Anon is getting the blame due to their previous attack.

digging the console war posts, like their really needed.

#21 Trademark

Trademark

Unashamed

• Code-X Member
  • 2,971 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:21 PM

PlayStation Network Downtime Continues
Credit: theepochtimes.com

The PlayStation Network has been down since April 20 and it is unknown when the network will be available to gamers worldwide.

“While we are investigating the cause of the Network outage, we wanted to alert you that it may be a full day or two before we’re able to get the service completely back up and running,” Sony posted on the PlayStation blog yesterday.

Since Wednesday, PlayStation owners have received an error code “80551021”when they tried to access PSN. Normally, users can download games and movies, stream TV shows and socialize with other gamers through PSN.

The outage occurred right after the release of many games such Portal 2, Mortal Combat, SOCOM 4, and inFAMOUS 2 Beta. Many of these games have multiplayer components that rely on PSN. Some players have not even been able to access the games before the PSN outage.

In addition to not being able to access the newest games and multiplayer services, users can also expect problems with streaming from Netflix and switching languages in games purchased from the Japanese PlayStation Store, according to GamePro.com.

Although Sony has not given any details about the reason for the outage, many speculate that the outage was a result of a cyber attack, possibly by a group called Anonymous, which had taken down several Sony websites before. The group has denied the attack, according to CNET.

“If the reported network problems are indeed caused by such acts, we would like to once again thank our customers who have borne the brunt of the attack through interrupted service“ said James Gallagher, PlayStation blog manager, according to Metro.com.

Sony has another problem in addition to dealing with a potential cyber hacker group. PlayStation Plus members pay a subscription fee for PSN each month, although PSN is free for most users, the downtime means that PlayStation Plus members will suffer a direct loss.

"I think that Sony can give all of them a free month, and it won’t cost that much," analyst Michael Pachter told GamePro.com. Sony has not given further comment on the incident.

#22 TheRisingShadow

TheRisingShadow

wut

• Code-X Member
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:37 PM

View PostSocom, on 23 April 2011 - 06:56 AM, said:

Since Wednesday night. <_<

I hope it comes back tomorrow... that would be the best Easter present. :P

#23 TheRisingShadow

TheRisingShadow

wut

• Code-X Member
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:40 PM

So I guess it was brought by Anonymous fanboys? I'm so bored right now. I'm on Spring Break and I thought I was finally going to get to play some PS3. :(

#24 H K

H K

• Code-X Legend
  • 9,209 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 07:01 PM

View PostTheRisingShadow, on 23 April 2011 - 03:37 PM, said:

View PostSocom, on 23 April 2011 - 06:56 AM, said:

Since Wednesday night. <_<

I hope it comes back tomorrow... that would be the best Easter present. :P

If I was a religious person, I'd be offended. The best easter present would be jesus coming back, but yeah, the PSN coming back online, thats a close second.

#25 TheRisingShadow

TheRisingShadow

wut

• Code-X Member
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:30 PM

It was a joke, hence the :P , but no, you just have to be a douchebag about EVERYTHING about religion.