• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 KaBuKi

KaBuKi

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:54 AM

Are there any? I haven't seen any but surely there must be some.....

Here's a few of my favorite J-Rock artists:

alice nine.
Posted Image

An Cafe
Posted Image

Dir en grey
Posted Image

hide (RIP)
Posted Image

LM.C
Posted Image

Miyavi
Posted Image

Moi dix Mois
Posted Image

The Candy Spooky Theater
Posted Image

the GazettE
Posted Image

X Japan
Posted Image

Edited by KaBuKi, 01 October 2008 - 04:44 PM.

#2 Hargy

Hargy

H F X 0 1 0

• Code-X Member
  • 9,603 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Gallery:View
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:50 PM

We have one, her names Uki's Ruke or something like that are these people like metal artists.

#3 The Rob

The Rob

The People's Heel

• Code-X Member
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:56 PM

J-Rock bands scare me. I seen quite a few and I usually end up thinking "Hey, that's a hot chick." Only to later find out that it's just a dude who looks like a woman. I don't know how they do it but Japanese guys can look like a woman without any tell tale signs of being a man. One J-Rock band I saw looked like a bunch of hot Japanese chicks, but guess what, all of them were men. Damn them! Now I worry about calling another Japanese woman hot because with my luck they'll just be a guy dressed up as a woman.

#4 Lenox

Lenox

Turn it up loud and feel the ambiance.

• Code-X Member
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:56 PM

Hey KaBuKi, I'm sorry but they look funny as hell. I hate Dir En Gray and if any of the others are like them then nope, don't like them. I'm usually not into the whole girl lead singer (Or guys who look/sound like girls).

The name of the first band (Alice Nine) made me want to listen to Alice in Chains though. So thanks for that.

*Goes off to listen to Alice in Chains*

Edited by Reap, 01 October 2008 - 02:59 PM.

#5 KaBuKi

KaBuKi

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:51 PM

View PostHARGY, on Oct 1 2008, 08:50 PM, said:

We have one, her names Uki's Ruke or something like that are these people like metal artists.

Oh that was me, I changed my name, it's "his" btw :cool:

View PostThe Rob, on Oct 1 2008, 09:56 PM, said:

J-Rock bands scare me. I seen quite a few and I usually end up thinking "Hey, that's a hot chick." Only to later find out that it's just a dude who looks like a woman. I don't know how they do it but Japanese guys can look like a woman without any tell tale signs of being a man. One J-Rock band I saw looked like a bunch of hot Japanese chicks, but guess what, all of them were men. Damn them! Now I worry about calling another Japanese woman hot because with my luck they'll just be a guy dressed up as a woman.

When I first got into J-Rock there was only one guy who I thought was female;

Hiroto (alice nine.)
Posted Image

Since then 've just been able to tell.....

View PostReap, on Oct 1 2008, 09:56 PM, said:

Hey KaBuKi, I'm sorry but they look funny as hell. I hate Dir En Gray and if any of the others are like them then nope, don't like them. I'm usually not into the whole girl lead singer (Or guys who look/sound like girls).

The name of the first band (Alice Nine) made me want to listen to Alice in Chains though. So thanks for that.

*Goes off to listen to Alice in Chains*

No, none of the others sound like Dir, they all have a different sound to them.....

btw did the videos work?

#6 TeryoLaw

TeryoLaw

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 336 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 04:49 PM

LOL. The Candy Spooky Theater sound pretty interesting. They look cool as hell. But, the music is very experimental. Thats all I have to say for now.

#7 King¦Mickey

King¦Mickey

i dunno lol

• Code-X Member
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 04:58 PM

Not all J-Rock bands dress like that. That's simply the Visual Kei genre. IF you gave bands like UVERworld or Maximum the Hormone a chance you might find them quite good. Anyway, my favorites:

UVERworld
Maximum the Hormone
Nightmare
Orange Range
Kurikinton Fox (Solo Guitar artist)
L'Arc~en~Ciel

Anyway, it's ignorant to hate a band because of how they dress. You don't have to look at them to listen to them. I think metal bands dress like idiots, but I still like metal.
Oh and by the way Dir en Grey have cleaned themselves up quite a bit lately now that they've gained popularity overseas.

#8 TeryoLaw

TeryoLaw

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 336 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:13 PM

Visual Kei looks hot. But I could never be bothered to fancy myself up that much.