• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Alan93

Alan93

Cole World

• Code-X Member
  • 4,374 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:30 AM

Think this is the first time I've actually submitted a GFX here but I've tryed to do Brian justice here. Looking for some feedback and suggestions.

Posted Image

#2 Showtime

Showtime

the show goes on

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,622 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Administrator
  • Gallery:View
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:59 PM

Negatives: Messy, poor quality in some areas, no sense of flow and movement epressed with the effects added, and lighting could be worked better to give a feel for space in the piece. Your positive and negative space mesh a bit too much. Also, as a word of advice, borders are almost always not needed, but in some cases they do add to the piece. Here it doesn't do your piece any justice. Also your tag... usually want to put it in a corner, and make it as unnoticeable as possible while still clearly legible.

Positives: Epic look on his face, background could use work but isn't terrible, it's nice and perfectly rectangular... uhhhmmm, can't think of much else. :(

Just work on your precision and quality especially when cutting images, adding effects, and lighting. Just be more conscious of the overall composition and place things strategically to achieve an effect that looks good.

#3 Alan93

Alan93

Cole World

• Code-X Member
  • 4,374 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:28 AM

Alright, thanks for the advice dude. Been a while since i've been into photoshop but doing sigs is a first for me so i'll need to work at them lol.

#4 Simon

Simon

Only 4 stars due to not being Misawa

• Code-X Member
  • 3,933 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:04 PM

I'll say that this sig is a good concept, but the aesthetic quality is a little low and the execution is just lacking a little. The background has a cartoony-feel to it, which now that I've realised as typing this that it's a bigger version of the render, could be an OK thing. Problem is that it's also very choppy in the big version, and with the main one, with the main being emphasized due to it not blending with the rest of the sig, which contrasts greatly with how the other one blends well into it. Also, the dot stream over the face looks out of place, overlapping the render makes the render look odd.

I will disagree with Showtime by saying I like the unconventional placing of the tag, but personally if I'm gonna go for something other than the corner, I'd put it nearer the middle rather than the bottom.

But the fact that the complaints are merely of the execution should be a good thing, as it means that with a little makeover making it less sharp and jagged, it could be a good sig.

#5 Jake.

Jake.

Pokemon Professor

• Code-X Member
  • 2,468 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Gallery:View
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:10 PM

I think you've made a great start into GFX. I like the brushing you did to make him look like he's giving off a shine. You should take a gander at some tutorials on blending and how to create a background. Also here's one of the best tips a beginner could get; You don't always necessarily need text on a sig saying something, slip up on the text and it could cost you the sig totally. ;)

#6 Alan93

Alan93

Cole World

• Code-X Member
  • 4,374 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:46 PM

Awesome, thanks guys. I'll keep all the comments in mind when working on other pics and going back over this one :)