What would you like to see return in MW3?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Kason

Kason

Just kidding. But seriously.

• Code-X Legend
  • 7,424 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:20 PM

As the topic says.

I personally would love to see the G18 in Multiplayer return. I absolutely love this gun, never need another pistol when I have the G18. If automatic guns were legal in the U.S. i'd have me a Glock 18.

#2 Zcrux

Zcrux

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:38 PM

Trickshotting and Quickscoping, and not having Stopping Power. I like being able to snipe with a perk other than stopping power, like in Black Ops. I feel classes could be more unique with stopping power not being needed.

#3 EndZone

EndZone

Insert something witty or clever here.

• Code-X Member
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:28 PM

No Stopping Power.
At least Machine Pistols being back as secondary weapons. Shotguns would be cool, too, but I can understand if people thought having those would be over-powered as secondaries.
If you leave a game before you even pick a class, it shouldn't count as a loss. Period. Why would I wanna join a game when I look at the scoreboard and it's 6600-2300 and I'd be on the losing team? And if I choose to leave before I even pick a class, why should that count as a loss?

That's all I can think of at the moment.

#4 Kason

Kason

• Code-X Legend
  • 7,424 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:54 PM

View PostEndZone, on 10 August 2011 - 04:28 PM, said:

At least Machine Pistols being back as secondary weapons. Shotguns would be cool, too, but I can understand if people thought having those would be over-powered as secondaries.

If you leave a game before you even pick a class, it shouldn't count as a loss. Period. Why would I wanna join a game when I look at the scoreboard and it's 6600-2300 and I'd be on the losing team? And if I choose to leave before I even pick a class, why should that count as a loss?

I hate having shotguns as a primary weapon. I would like to see atleast shotguns made back in a secondary weapon. Having said that, I'd like to see the Spas-12 pump-action and Model 1887s returned.

I agree with you on joining a match on the losing side with practically no hope of a comeback and leaving. I'd say its a toss-up on leaving a match thats about to start, because sometimes you have to quit playing and do something, but staying in the game leads you to getting kicked.

#5 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:46 AM

To be more like Call of Duty 4 with a few exceptions.

No Stopping Power, (Confirmed already) All guns will have more base damage to keep to the fast pace that MW brings.
No Last Stand, (Confirmed already) But it will be in Survival Mode.
Shotgun Primary's, I hated the fact that in MW2 shotguns acted as a Primary weapon, But in the secondary slot.
No Commando (Confirmed already) The pro variation of the Perk is useful, But Commando Teleporting is ridiculous.
No One Man Army (Confirmed already) The Perk as a whole was a decent perk but the Community used it completely wrong when it was mixed with Danger Close.
No Danger Close (Confirmed already) Maybe have a perk that increases the damage for explosives bit it needs a counter to it like Flack Jacket.
CoD: 4 style sniping this is for all the QS and TS guys, MW2 sniping was OP with the inclusion of Slight of Hand Pro.
No Game Ending Killstreak (Confirmed already)
More rewards for doing objective play, For example capturing a objective and those points count towards the next killstreak.

Thats all I can think of at the moment, There may be more or not.

#6 TheRisingShadow

TheRisingShadow

wut

• Code-X Member
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:43 AM

View PostCorporal Hicks, on 11 August 2011 - 05:46 AM, said:

To be more like Call of Duty 4 with a few exceptions.

No Stopping Power, (Confirmed already) All guns will have more base damage to keep to the fast pace that MW brings.
No Last Stand, (Confirmed already) But it will be in Survival Mode.
Shotgun Primary's, I hated the fact that in MW2 shotguns acted as a Primary weapon, But in the secondary slot.
No Commando (Confirmed already) The pro variation of the Perk is useful, But Commando Teleporting is ridiculous.
No One Man Army (Confirmed already) The Perk as a whole was a decent perk but the Community used it completely wrong when it was mixed with Danger Close.
No Danger Close (Confirmed already) Maybe have a perk that increases the damage for explosives bit it needs a counter to it like Flack Jacket.
CoD: 4 style sniping this is for all the QS and TS guys, MW2 sniping was OP with the inclusion of Slight of Hand Pro.
No Game Ending Killstreak (Confirmed already)
More rewards for doing objective play, For example capturing a objective and those points count towards the next killstreak.

Thats all I can think of at the moment, There may be more or not.
This whole list right here pretty much.

And yeah CoD4 sniping is more fun and balanced in my opinion and I would sure love to see it come back but I have a feeling there is going to be Sleight of Hand for snipers...

#7 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:43 AM

CoD: 4 sniping is great, Every couple of matches depending on the map I switch to the M40 get a few kills because its a lot more fun than MW2.

If the perk is going to be the same as it has been Fast reload and fast ADS, IW/Sledgehammer can go down the route of Black Ops, Where you don't get Fast ADS with snipers but all other guns have fast ADS.

#8 Zcrux

Zcrux

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:20 AM

Exclusitivity for the map packs on Xbox so I can laught at people on PS3.

#9 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:31 AM

Activision and Microsoft have a deal when it comes to Call of Duty DLC, MW3 and the next Treyarch game will be covered under the deal, So 360 players will get it all first no matter what.

Edit: One more thing, Spawn Protection, Some may like it others may not, This would help prevent spawn trapping if your team is in a spawn trap, this will give you a valuable couple of seconds to escape it and continue the game.

#10 Kason

Kason

• Code-X Legend
  • 7,424 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:00 PM

View PostCorporal Hicks, on 12 August 2011 - 05:31 AM, said:

Activision and Microsoft have a deal when it comes to Call of Duty DLC, MW3 and the next Treyarch game will be covered under the deal, So 360 players will get it all first no matter what.

Edit: One more thing, Spawn Protection, Some may like it others may not, This would help prevent spawn trapping if your team is in a spawn trap, this will give you a valuable couple of seconds to escape it and continue the game.

Agreed, nothings more frustrating than spawning under fire from a chopper gunner and dieing, only to respawn a few feet from where you died, and dieing within 5 seconds of respawning.

#11 Zcrux

Zcrux

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:38 PM

I disagree, I like spawn traps cause I'm a montage maker. Screw everyone else but me. Lol I'm sorry but I don't usually get spawn trapped so I don't feel the pain.

#12 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:22 PM

Why do you need spawn traps to be a montage maker? Idgi...

#13 Zcrux

Zcrux

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:37 AM

View PostJB, on 12 August 2011 - 09:22 PM, said:

You don't need to. But sometimes it's easier to find large groups of people near their spawn rather than on the other side of the map from where they spawned.

#14 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:26 AM

It doesn't happen to me that often, But it is very annoying when it does, My play style is a slayer/objective I can get out of the traps but more than often most of the team cant, Its very annoying to spawn back into the trap after going on a tear.

As I said its something that everyone is not going to like, its just on my own personal wishlist.

#15 TheRisingShadow

TheRisingShadow

wut

• Code-X Member
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:30 PM

View PostSwamp, on 12 August 2011 - 05:20 AM, said:

Doesn't matter because I'm already laughing at the Xbox's inferior specs compared to the PS3. :o

But yeah Microsoft and Activision have an agreement...

View PostSwamp, on 12 August 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

I disagree, I like spawn traps cause I'm a montage maker. Screw everyone else but me. Lol I'm sorry but I don't usually get spawn trapped so I don't feel the pain.
I agree.

View PostJB, on 12 August 2011 - 09:22 PM, said:

Ugh... CoD n00bs. :P

View PostCorporal Hicks, on 13 August 2011 - 06:26 AM, said:

It doesn't happen to me that often, But it is very annoying when it does, My play style is a slayer/objective I can get out of the traps but more than often most of the team cant, Its very annoying to spawn back into the trap after going on a tear.

As I said its something that everyone is not going to like, its just on my own personal wishlist.
Well usually if you play with a party you'll be fine. :)

#16 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:14 AM

I like going in with a party sometimes, Most of the time I go lone wolf I have more fun most of the time, Its just when you get paired with shit players and the guys who fail at Quickscoping that's when Spawn Traps happen a lot.

View PostTheRisingShadow, on 13 August 2011 - 06:30 PM, said:

View PostSwamp, on 12 August 2011 - 05:20 AM, said:

Doesn't matter because I'm already laughing at the Xbox's inferior specs compared to the PS3. :o

Could easily go down the route of PC right here, And say that it looks a lot better and plays better and finally it isn't capped at 60FPS more like 120+

#17 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:45 PM

View PostCorporal Hicks, on 12 August 2011 - 05:31 AM, said:

You want something like a spawn shield (for example GTA4), player spawns but can't be hit for like 10 seconds.

#18 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:14 AM

Yea kinda similar but only lasting a couple of seconds, Just enough time to get out of a trap without worrying about dying, Some servers on Counter Strike have it nailed with Spawn protection as there can be upto 60+ players per server, Once you leave that protection zone your on your own.