#1 MC Coemgen

MC Coemgen

The Official Un-Official Code-X Legend

• Code-X Member
  • 14,431 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:04 AM

Come share some of your favorite albums here. Post some of your favorite songs off the album so we can preview it.

For me, the first one would be Copper Gone by Sage Francis.

Posted Image

Some of my favorite tracks:
Make Em Purr

Grace

Dead Man's Float

The only other album that jumps out right now is Ultraviolet by Sadistik
Posted Image
Standout tracks:
Chemical Burns (feat. Eyedea)

Sidenote: If it wasn't for this song I wouldn't have checked out the rest of the album. Eyedea is my personal favorite rapper of all time. He died back in 2010 so when I saw there was a new song with Eyedea I had to listen.

Blue Sunshine:

Still awake:

#2 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:04 PM

Fuck, I was going to post Ultraviolet! I'd say that's easily been my favorite this year.

Although, I can't say I've really been checking out many new releases lately. Mostly just been discovering old stuff.

#3 MC Coemgen

MC Coemgen

The Official Un-Official Code-X Legend

• Code-X Member
  • 14,431 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:54 AM

It's a great album, I know you told me years ago to check out Sadistik, but I never really did. But then after listening to Chemical Burns like 100 times I felt like I needed to check out the album. I've also listened to his "Flowers For My Father" album too, but (while still being good) I feel like it's nothing compared to Ultraviolet. I can just listen to that album over and over again.

#4 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 07:47 PM

Yea, I hear you, man. I definitely like Flowers, but I would rank it number 3 at best. I would put The Balancing Act at the top, followed by Ultraviolet, although it's really hard to compare the two because they're so different. You can't really jam to The Balancing Act (too emotional, can be a bit of a downer) like you can to Ultraviolet.

But since you like Ultraviolet and Flowers, might I suggest checking out the single, Virginia Woolf?