• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 teddyboy09

teddyboy09

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:06 AM

okay, so I've done some exploring with the game disc, and I notice Torrie Wilson's theme music is still in. :blink:

I don't know if her entrance movie is in too; I'll check later, but were they planning on including her in the game before she got fired or quit or whatever happened? If so, can we find out how far she was in (like was her model included etc). Or did they just forget that they had her music on there?

Anyhoo, is there any chance that, if/when you guys find a music code, we can assign Torrie's music to someone?

Also, regarding music: I notice Jericho has two themes, one with the code sound effect and one without. Which is why I did the exploring with the game disc. I found that there are 2 sets of music, one for the menu music and one, I guess for you to be able to select the music for your wrestlers. So far I can't give the Jericho-with-code-sfx music. Just a note, so that when you guys get to find out the codes, when you notice a duplicate of the original songs like P.O.D.'s, Y2J's longer theme may not be too far behind. Not that I'm telling you guys to do your job, it's just, you know, anything I can do to help. :D

(Oh, I also found like so many copies of almost everyone's full version of their theme. like 3 cryme tyme, 3 jesse/festus etc. maybe if you discover the codes, there are duplicates and can you just list them? just curious.)

Hopefully you guys don't see this as an "im rushing you" kind of post; i myself hate to see those posts. it's just, well, like in my other post, i was just wondering. Thanks!

#2 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

Hargy Noob Count: 24

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:18 AM

Cryme Tyme and Jesse and Festus have three, since there are three to choose from in game. One as a tag team, and one as each individual. Not sure why they have that, but they do.

#3 Celeste

Celeste

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:55 AM

I've looked through the disc aswell, That will give you space for your own themes. For codes, when the music modifiers are found u can use the Jericho with SFX... or you can just replace another theme with it on the disc right now.

#4 Suzumebachi

Suzumebachi

Jinteki Shakusetsu...

• Code-X Member
  • 756 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:34 PM

View PostCeleste, on Nov 26 2008, 04:55 PM, said:

I've looked through the disc aswell, That will give you space for your own themes. For codes, when the music modifiers are found u can use the Jericho with SFX... or you can just replace another theme with it on the disc right now.

You know that's illegal, right? :blink:
Just giving you a heads up. :ermm:

#5 Celeste

Celeste

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:47 PM

View PostBlake Phoenix™, on Nov 24 2008, 05:34 PM, said:

View PostCeleste, on Nov 26 2008, 04:55 PM, said:

You know that's illegal, right? :blink:
Just giving you a heads up. :ermm:

Well, yeah, I was just giving him an idea since I thought he tried to modify the disc for the Y2J with SFX theme. I also tried to close the browser to cancel the post anyway but I was too late.

#6 teddyboy09

teddyboy09

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:25 PM

Naw that's not what I meant, lol. What I meant was, if and when the music modifiers are found, they can also make it so we can use the menu music, because when I checked the disc I noticed the menu music is located in a different file. Like, music2 for menu music and music1 has everything else. So songs like POD's Addicted, Burn Halo's Save Me could have two codes too since they have a different spot for menu music.

#7 warrior10

warrior10

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:15 PM

Just out of curiousity, what is illegal about using the music they already have included on their disk? If the XBox actually allows you to import your own music, it seems almost like a discriminatory move. What actual law is being broken?

#8 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 01:09 AM

View Postwarrior10, on Nov 26 2008, 10:15 PM, said:

Just out of curiousity, what is illegal about using the music they already have included on their disk? If the XBox actually allows you to import your own music, it seems almost like a discriminatory move. What actual law is being broken?
The 360 allows you to use your own music, but it's not illegal. It is assumed that you BUY your music and then upload it to your 360 or stream it to your 360 from your PC. Can you download music for free? Yes. Is it illegal? Yes. Now, I know most of us do it anyway, but it's illegal to discuss here when it's in context on how to get free music, or how to alter copyrighted material such as a video game disc. The 360 allows you to play music from your HDD, not from showing you how to edit the disc.

It doesn't matter if you own the game. Editing it is still illegal. Owning a product does not give you rights to the material. If you edit the disc in the privacy of your own home, it's still illegal, but you're not going to be fined or jailed because no one knows.

#9 .яatєÐ Hardy

.яatєÐ Hardy

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 358 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 02:08 AM

<_<
Well how about this ?
http://caws.ws/svr20....php?cat=5&id=8
http://caws.ws/forum...howtopic=278099

#10 human619

human619

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 240 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 02:13 AM

Thats definately illegal. Hopefully it'll be removed?

#11 .яatєÐ Hardy

.яatєÐ Hardy

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 358 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:44 AM

^^^

I know. I always wanted to change Jericho's Theme

#12 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:55 PM

Although caws.ws claims to hold no responsibility, they are still responsible as they are hosting known illegal material. You can't shoot someone and claim to not be responsible just because you say you're not.

To my knowledge, in order for that save to properly work, you would need to burn a new copy of the game otherwise, how can your unmodified game disc allow you to play "new" themes?

#13 scott4wrestling

scott4wrestling

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 05:51 PM

looks kinda wong but at the same time i want to see tests on it

#14 caspez30

caspez30

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 216 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:16 AM

torrie wilson's theme will most likely not work, i dint find any cheer and boo themes(needed), only a preview/clean version

#15 warrior10

warrior10

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 160 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 08:19 AM

View PostVøi¢ës, on Nov 27 2008, 03:08 AM, said:

They leave it up because is it bs. There is no music other than the themes from the normal game. The only crime committed were the caws. They are terrible. No big differences in any entrances and still has a lot of things not even unlocked.

I still don't see the difference in changing the music around on the game if it is music that is already on the disk and coming up with codes that will remove the crotch blur in caw mode. Both are changing the design of the game so why would one be a sin and not the other?

#16 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 10:15 PM

Code devices are legal and so is making codes. Editing a disc is illegal, and so is adding copyrighted material to it and then distributing it. We can't fight facts with opinions.

#17 warrior10

warrior10

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 160 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 12:19 PM

View PostSergio, on Nov 28 2008, 11:15 PM, said:

Code devices are legal and so is making codes. Editing a disc is illegal, and so is adding copyrighted material to it and then distributing it. We can't fight facts with opinions.

I wasn't trying to argue, just understand. I'm fine with it either way. Personally if I buy a disk and want to change it for my own personal benefit and enjoyment, I don't see where anyone has the right to say otherwise. Now to distribute it afterwards, I totally see that being an issue. I appreciate the info.

#18 TheBadGuy

TheBadGuy

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 236 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:52 AM

View Postwarrior10, on Nov 27 2008, 06:19 AM, said:

I wasn't trying to argue, just understand. I'm fine with it either way. Personally if I buy a disk and want to change it for my own personal benefit and enjoyment, I don't see where anyone has the right to say otherwise. Now to distribute it afterwards, I totally see that being an issue. I appreciate the info.

There is a perfectly legal way to do what everyone is talking about. It is costly and likely not worth the effort. And also, it is against the forum rules for me to post it here.

But distributing it in any way is still illegal. Even putting video footage onto sights like YouTube is risky.

Edited by TheBadGuy, 11 December 2008 - 08:54 AM.

#19 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 12:59 PM

View Postwarrior10, on Nov 29 2008, 12:19 PM, said:

Maybe I misunderstood you, but I agree. If you edit the game for your personal enjoyment at home, it is still illegal, but who's going to tell on you? No one. You'd get away with it and no one is really going to judge you, but the distribution of it is where they'll crack skulls lol.

#20 stonecold

stonecold

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 02:47 PM

I've seen on ebay that you can get hard drives for the old style ps2 not the slim version my question is if i upload music to the hard drive will i be able to use it with the game like 360 users can with theirs

#21 ॐﮢ ҜĢ¤ וּלقۗ*

ॐﮢ ҜĢ¤ וּלقۗ*

♦ The Prince ♦

• Code-X Legend
  • 14,938 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Legend
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 11 December 2008 - 03:48 PM

No, this is not the way. You must edit the game itself.