110 replies to this topic

#76 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

Hargy Noob Count: 24

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:56 PM

Big deal, I read to quick. My bad there. Tag Team midcard. When he was there, those were still big deals in the WWE. And he was even worse back then.

Only person I can see that is worse than Jeff, is Khali. But people don't make Khali out to be a good wrestler, now do they?

The fans "eat him up" Because of his high spots. This is just going in circles here. And never said fans eat him up. As for Evans, the difference, is he isn't billed as a good wrestler. And he is RIGHTLY billed as a highflyer. And he is entertaining, unlike Jeff.

#77 PLA ICON

PLA ICON

PHOENIX'S BITTER BITTER RIVAL!

• Code-X Member
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:44 PM

Jeff is billed as a good wrestler?? By who!??! Marks? I don't remember anyone in the WWE EVER saying he is a good wrestler...He is a basic wrestler who does exciting spots

#78 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:47 PM

Marks, some Smarks, etc. Not only is he a bad wrestler, he is just plain bad in teh wrestling industry. WWE bills EVERYONE to be good for the record though. Don't see why they would bill someone as horrible though, lat.

#79 PLA ICON

PLA ICON

• Code-X Member
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:56 PM

WWE bills EVERYONE as good? Really? I don't think so...I don't see them saying "OMG KHALI IS SUCH A GOOD WRESTLER OR OMG BIG SHOW IS SUCH A TECHNICAL WIZARD"

WWE uses them of course and they'd be stupid to point out the fact that these guys suck cuz that would just look bad on the company...

#80 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:59 PM

Not as good mat wizards. But they build them up to be good or indestructable and what not. Make them seem to have super human strength. They make everyone seem good at somethings.

They bill Jeff as a highflyer, since he doesn't really have anything else.

#81 PLA ICON

PLA ICON

• Code-X Member
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:02 PM

But you just said they Bill jeff as a GOOD WRESTLER...which one is it? Highflyer or Wrestler? You're getting confusing here Phoenix

#82 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:13 PM

They bill him to be good in Wrestling. They have said he is a good wrestler on numerous occasions. But it isn't what they majorly bill him as.

#83 Jeff Sparx

Jeff Sparx

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,031 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:00 PM

ok i thought i had to step in.
Pheonix i have known you for a while now and yes i know when you hate people.and i know when you love to debate yo sh*t.

Jeff Being billed as a Highflier was back in the old school stuff.Since his return he has carried over his gimmick but he had not done much with the newly oriented WWE.

Jeff Hardy is a entertainer.just that ENTERTAINER.they get billed as whatever WWE whants them to be.superhuman and what not.Cena is superhuman.HHH is made superhuman.hell if Evans came to WWE hes superhuman.

But thats just it do u hate what the bill everyone at.no don't answer that.

aww dangit i forgot my point.

now tell me something phnx.when the debut happened Hardys were flyers.do u hate matt cuase he cant use his legdrop no more.

phnx i think this debate is pretty good so far.

Jeff does flips but they arent that good.

Now Pheonix tell me what are all the reason you hate Hardy?

#84 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:07 PM

Why did you space that out so much?

Jeff Being billed as a Highflier was back in the old school stuff.Since his return he has carried over his gimmick but he had not done much with the newly oriented WWE.

What's that have to do with anything? They still bill him to be the best highflyer in the world, which is a load of crap.

Jeff Hardy is a entertainer.just that ENTERTAINER.they get billed as whatever WWE whants them to be.superhuman and what not.Cena is superhuman.HHH is made superhuman.hell if Evans came to WWE hes superhuman.

No idea what you said there.

But thats just it do u hate what the bill everyone at

This thread isn't my "I hate everyone" thread now is it?

now tell me something phnx.when the debut happened Hardys were flyers

No. No they weren't. Jeff was the exact same as he is now, only worse even. And he weighed down his brother back then as well.

u hate matt cuase he cant use his legdrop no more.

What are you talking about? He uses the leg drop all the time. And unlike his brother, Matt Hardy can wrestle. Matt Hardy can use the mic. Matt Hardy can work a crowd. Matt Hardy can have a good angle that he doesn't have to be carried through.

Jeff does flips but they arent that good.

No, Jeff does A flip.

Now Pheonix tell me what are all the reason you hate Hardy?

Far FAR Too many to name. Which is why I'm just letting people bring up a point, and I will debate it.

#85 PLA ICON

PLA ICON

• Code-X Member
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:28 PM

"They still bill him to be the best highflyer in the world, which is a load of crap."

When have they ever claimed him to be the best in the world? I've never heard them say such a thing...I think your making some of this up TBH Phoenix...

#86 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:29 PM

Listen to Michael Cole dude.

#87 PLA ICON

PLA ICON

• Code-X Member
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:30 PM

Provide proof Dude!

#88 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:32 PM

I'm not going to go through every match he's had just to hear him say this.

He says it a lot. "The best highflyer in the WWE today." "One of the best high flyers of all time." "One of the best highflyers in the world today"

Etc. I'm sure Cole has gone beyond saying things like that too.

#89 PLA ICON

PLA ICON

• Code-X Member
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:22 PM

"ONE OF" not THE BEST...

Besides Bourne now he IS the best highflyer in WWE...

As for in the world...Obviously no but you're hating on a guy because a company wants to make him seem bigger and better than he really is?? Seriously??

#90 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 04:58 AM

Best highflyer in the WWE. How is that possible when he's not even a high flyer.

Again, these aren't the only reasons I hate him.

#91 PLA ICON

PLA ICON

• Code-X Member
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 01:44 PM

But you said HE IS a highflyer since thats what WWE and other companies have billed him as(roh, tna) Dude your not doing yourself any favors now...

I asked you before is he a highflyer or wrestler and you said highflyer...he is a high flyer because all his major spots come from the top rope and usually when someone offense relies on jumping off the top rope or over the ropes they are a high flyer..

#92 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 01:46 PM

When did you ask me that? Post number please.

Randy Savage was a highflyer? By your logic he must be since his big spot was from the top rope.

#93 PLA ICON

PLA ICON

• Code-X Member
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 03:36 PM

I said SPOTS he had ONE SINGLE MOVE whereas Jeff's major offense is whisper in the wind, swanton, plancha, cross body from top rope...

one move from the top rope does not make someone a high flyer. now your just being condescending..

Look at posts 81 and 82..You said they bill him as a high flyer since he doesn't have anything else now your saying he IS NOT a high flyer...

So they just SAY he is a high flyer but he really isn't?? If Jeff Hardy is NOT a highflyer then what is YOUR definition of a high flyer?

heres a list of Jeff's main moveset...I will put a star next to every HIGH FLYING move listed...

Finishing moves
450° splash - Late 1990s**
Reverse of Fate[3] (Inverted facelock neckbreaker slam)
Swanton Bomb[2] (High-angle senton bomb)**
Twist of Fate[2] (Front facelock dropped into a cutter - WWE or into a stunner - TNA)

Signature moves
Compactor Clutch (Russian legsweep floated over into a double leg roll-up pin)
Diving clothesline from off of a barricade**
Diving leg drop**
Double knee facebreaker - 2002-2003
Double leg drop to the groin or midsection[3]
Double leg roll-up pin
Leapfrog Leg Drop (Positioned at the top rope or on another ladder, Hardy performs a diving leg drop after leapfrogging over a ladder)**
Horizontal baseball slide
Leg-feed spinning mule kick
Rope aided corner dropkick**
Release sitout inverted suplex slam
Sitout jawbreaker[3]
Slingshot crossbody**
Snap reverse STO - TNA
Spine Line[3] (Armlock cloverleaf) - OMEGA/TNA
Whisper in the Wind[2] (Turnbuckle climb into a rebounded corkscrew senton)**

The majority of his moves are HIGH FLYING moves hence Jeff Hardy IS A HIGHFLYER...

Edited by Real American ICON!, 04 September 2008 - 03:40 PM.

#94 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 03:42 PM

SPOTS you say. Let's see for spots, Savage had the Elbow Drop, and not too many others. Wow, looks like the bajority of his spots are from the top rope too.

Is Undertaker a highflyer? I mean he jumps over the top rope, does a leg drop, and diving clothesline, and walks on the top rope. He must be a highflyer.

He has nothing else at all. He isn't really a highflyer, what I meant is that "highflying" is the closest thing to a wrestling skill he has.

Correct they do just say he is a highflyer. Since it's the only thing they could remotely push from him.

My definition. Let's see. Someone with great speed. Someone who can pull off athletic moves. Someone who can do something that makes your jaw drop in awe. Someone with a wide variety of highflying moves they can use from almost all angles.

Jeff doesn't really have any of that.

EDIT: Oh boy wikipedia quotes <_<

Those are from the 90s, disregarded.

A crossbody is hardly highflying. A leg drop is hardly highflying. He doesn't do the 450, and he would always land on his knees. Swanton isn't highflying. Clothesline diving isn't highflying. And the rope aided kick is like Jericho's? So that gives him about two moves. And he only really has six, so, even then not the majority.

#95 TheRisingShadow

TheRisingShadow

wut

• Code-X Member
  • 7,247 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:07 PM

I used to like Jeff Hardy when he was in WWF(Which is why my sig used to have him doing a swanton in the WWF) but now he's getting kinda boring or not "extreme".

For example in the Elimination Chamber when he did a Swanton Bomb off the top instead of jumping off like he used to do in WWF he just fell over into a front flip. The only extreme move I've seen from him so far was when he did the Whisper in the Wind in the steel cage match against Umaga.

#96 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:23 PM

Even back then, he wasn't "extreme" I still found him to be quite boring back then.

#97 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 02:43 PM

Come on guys. Any more arguements?

#98 PLA ICON

PLA ICON

• Code-X Member
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 04:17 PM

No not from me...I still stand by my argument that he is a high flyer...I didn't say he was good but he definitely is a high flyer...just that he's a poor example of one

#99 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 04:18 PM

Just doing a flip or two as a finisher doesn't make him a high flyer. I mean, Necro does a frankensteiner as his finisher, but he isn't a highflyer. Vader did a moonsault as his, and he isn't a highflyer.

#100 PLA ICON

PLA ICON

• Code-X Member
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 05:32 PM

Jeff does more than one flip dude...whisper in the wind, swanton, Slingshot crossbody, not to mention all of his spots are, YOU GUESSED IT, flying high in the air...

we can go at this all day but your too stubborn too just admit that Jeff, by definition of the style, is a high flyer...

so just drop it cuz nobody else seems to wanna "debate" anymore