Smackdown vs Raw 2008 DELAYED as of today.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

#1 KarmaRocketX

KarmaRocketX

Makes examples by not becoming one.

• Code-X Member
  • 699 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:04 AM

Yes..... Sadly....

Smackdown vs Raw 2008 has just been delayed. For 42 days.

Don't believe me? Check out the smackdownvsraw.com site and prepare to be extremely disappointed. The release date has jumped forward CONSIDERABLY.

Quite frankly? I'm literally upset.

In a a VERY recent interview, they claim they now had a finalized, 100% finished retail copy ready for stores. And now they turn around an pull this.

Why? Seems like there's no reason for it at all. I have this game on reserve as do MANY people. Only to find out that they wasted their time to list a pre-order.

And please don't tell me this "you can wait" or "Is it going to kill you?". 42 days is a VERY. VERY long time. That is well over an entire month's time. Also December is a very difficult time to even be getting out to stores, with the holiday rush and all.

Especially becuase they claimed there was a FINISHED COPY ready. So, it seems to me as if there is absolutely no excuse for this other than they are doing it to punish all of the whines and THQ bashers. Fine, except for one thing. ....people like me defended this game and we get punished, too?

That better not be why they did it. Frankly, the reason seems incomprehensible to me. KarmaRocketX demands an official (and very very very good) explanation from THQ for this bullshit.

42 days? December?! Announced at the last minute?! Right in the middle of the busiest shopping time of the year when people are already short on money?! When there's a finished copy ready to go, already apparently?! WTF.

I call bullshit on this. I know I don't say this often, but... Screw you, THQ. Screw you to hell for this. There is no excuse for waiting and delaying the game on Novmeber 1st once it's actually finished, like this. None. Zero. Zilch.

If this is true, my enthusiasm has gone down quite a bit for this. I actually feel like i'm not "ancitipating" it anymore like I was. Now I just have the urge to say "Whenever the damn thing comes out I might look for it."

Way to turn even your biggest supporters (like me) off, THQ.

Edited by KarmaRocketX, 01 November 2007 - 08:13 AM.

#2 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:13 AM

Man this is horrible news....but for me.....ITS GREAT NEWS, hell I cant afford the game yet. I need to purchase the PS3 and the game so this is the best thing that has happened.

F.Y.I: Kinda my fault because I prayed for like a whole week to God asking if he could push the date back, haha this is sweet :lol:

#3 KarmaRocketX

KarmaRocketX

• Code-X Member
  • 699 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:16 AM

View PostDday141, on Nov 1 2007, 07:13 AM, said:

Man this is horrible news....but for me.....ITS GREAT NEWS, hell I cant afford the game yet. I need to purchase the PS3 and the game so this is the best thing that has happened.

F.Y.I: Kinda my fault because I prayed for like a whole week to God asking if he could push the date back, haha this is sweet :lol:

But even if you couldn't afford the game, you still could have gotten it when you were able to, even if it was out already by that time, right? The worst thing that would have happened is that other people would have gotten it before you.

I hope you don't mean to say that you just wanted everyone else to suffer the wait just becuase you couldn't afford it. :(

Edited by KarmaRocketX, 01 November 2007 - 08:17 AM.

#4 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:19 AM

:lol: No its not that, for the past like 4 years Ive always gotten it on time, hell its a tradition, Once a year I go to manhattan, go to toysrus, get the game and some other games, like a shopping spree, then me and my mom go to a restaurant. Hell that day is better than my birthday and christmas because I never get what I want, last christmas I got socks, underwear, a memory card, and 20 dollars, like wtf? I save up for the whole year, this year I kinda slipped up, but now Im using this time to make up for it big time.

#5 Mercurius

Mercurius

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 108 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:33 AM

I'm hearing that the SvR Website had a BUG in the system, and they're trying to fix the glitch, ASAP.

But do not freak out like Elijah Burke did last night, the release date HAS NOT been bumped, as many gaming websites would tell ya.

The Cause of that would be either that or "Halloween Hackers" that did the countdown glitch, moving it a FULL MONTH!

Edited by Mercurius, 01 November 2007 - 08:34 AM.

#6 Spleenishly-Green

Spleenishly-Green

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 346 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:51 AM

View PostKarmaRocketX, on Nov 1 2007, 08:04 AM, said:

Yes..... Sadly....

Smackdown vs Raw 2008 has just been delayed. For 42 days.

Don't believe me? Check out the smackdownvsraw.com site and prepare to be extremely disappointed. The release date has jumped forward CONSIDERABLY.

Quite frankly? I'm literally upset.

In a a VERY recent interview, they claim they now had a finalized, 100% finished retail copy ready for stores. And now they turn around an pull this.

Why? Seems like there's no reason for it at all. I have this game on reserve as do MANY people. Only to find out that they wasted their time to list a pre-order.

And please don't tell me this "you can wait" or "Is it going to kill you?". 42 days is a VERY. VERY long time. That is well over an entire month's time. Also December is a very difficult time to even be getting out to stores, with the holiday rush and all.

Especially becuase they claimed there was a FINISHED COPY ready. So, it seems to me as if there is absolutely no excuse for this other than they are doing it to punish all of the whines and THQ bashers. Fine, except for one thing. ....people like me defended this game and we get punished, too?

That better not be why they did it. Frankly, the reason seems incomprehensible to me. KarmaRocketX demands an official (and very very very good) explanation from THQ for this bullshit.

42 days? December?! Announced at the last minute?! Right in the middle of the busiest shopping time of the year when people are already short on money?! When there's a finished copy ready to go, already apparently?! WTF.

I call bullshit on this. I know I don't say this often, but... Screw you, THQ. Screw you to hell for this. There is no excuse for waiting and delaying the game on Novmeber 1st once it's actually finished, like this. None. Zero. Zilch.

If this is true, my enthusiasm has gone down quite a bit for this. I actually feel like i'm not "ancitipating" it anymore like I was. Now I just have the urge to say "Whenever the damn thing comes out I might look for it."

Way to turn even your biggest supporters (like me) off, THQ.

To punish it's "BIGGEST COMPLAINERS"? To punish it's "BIGGEST COMPLAINERS"? What are they? Santa? And, what are you? One of Santa's Helpers? Honestly, Karma? I've got a complex. And, well. For good reason. I, personally wouldn't care as I didn't care enough to pre-order. And I sure as hell won't care enough to pick it up. You mention supporting them as if it is "REALLY" going to make them a difference. For every person that will complain about this video game being moved back for release, there are "THOUSANDS" upon "THOUSANDS" who have the patience and can "APPRECIATE" what THQ/Yukes has done for them. Besides, if you were/are supportive to them as you claim, you'd be ready for anything to happen. Pushing back the date of the game is the "LEAST" of your worries. You should be thankful you're getting another game, this year. "SHEESH!!!!" The audacity of such ungrateful fans.

#7 KarmaRocketX

KarmaRocketX

• Code-X Member
  • 699 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:59 AM

View PostMercurius, on Nov 1 2007, 07:33 AM, said:

I'm hearing that the SvR Website had a BUG in the system, and they're trying to fix the glitch, ASAP.But do not freak out like Elijah Burke did last night, the release date HAS NOT been bumped, as many gaming websites would tell ya.The Cause of that would be either that or "Halloween Hackers" that did the countdown glitch, moving it a FULL MONTH!
I seriously hope you're right.

I really. Really do.

But Elijah bugged out? Really? haha. I guess even if he went nuts with this news, that kinda makes me feel slightly more humorous about it.Like even Superstars like Elijah Burke that wrestle for a living and is always on the road 24/7, are dead serious about this as well. lol

View PostSpleenishly-Green, on Nov 1 2007, 07:51 AM, said:

"SHEESH!!!!" The audacity of such ungrateful fans.
Shush. I find your reply to me ridiculous.

To delay a game for no real reason, two weeks before release, when they've said to have a finished copy already, there is no excuse for. None. I will be broke in December as will a lot of people. ANd moreover. WTF, the game is FINISHED. Ready to sell. You have no grounds to call me ungrateful. Especially since you don't even care abotu the game. So, really what you say is laughable to me.

Delaying a game to finish it is one thing. To push it back for no conceivable reason than just to make people angry is another thing entirely.I'm completly justified in saying why it's unacceptable, and I like how you pretty much breezed right over that.I think you were looking for an excuse to try and "own" me on something and you failed at it, pretty miserably.

If for no other reason than you completly skipped over the part why it's a bunch of crap.

1. The game is DONE. It's not being worked on, it's ready to be pressed. They said so, themselves.

2. Waiting until the LAST MINUTE. That's just being done to aggravate people, obviously.

3. It might even be a website error, now that I think of it.

That is.. if this IS true, and not just a website glitch. Which it still damn well better be.You call me ungreatful, yet I've defended the game itself (Not this supposed delay but the game itself.).

And you bash the game entirely. And you have the nerve to call ME ungreatful? Seriously?

Honestly.. i'm not even annoyed by what you say, this time. :P It's so dumb and unthreating, I just laugh at it.

My first reaction is one to just snort in your general direction with an amused look on my face. Because your lame attempt to fire back at me really failed, big time. Again... it's as if you can't read replies. You must hate reading the important details of a thread.

IF it's true... (Which it still might not be at this point), when you delay a game.... dangle it over their heads, or reach it in front of their outstretched hands and yank it away, that's just totally uncalled for.

In the future, you should remember that I always back up everything I say with a reason. You can debate that reason if you want. But you always just ignore it and pretend I never had one.

That's why so many of your arguments against me fail, to be honest. :P You breeze over my explanations and points. If you ever seriously addressed them instead of raving against me, I might take you more serious. As of now, I just don't.

Edited by KarmaRocketX, 01 November 2007 - 09:09 AM.

#8 Spleenishly-Green

Spleenishly-Green

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 346 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 09:09 AM

View PostKarmaRocketX, on Nov 1 2007, 08:59 AM, said:

View PostMercurius, on Nov 1 2007, 07:33 AM, said:

I'm hearing that the SvR Website had a BUG in the system, and they're trying to fix the glitch, ASAP.But do not freak out like Elijah Burke did last night, the release date HAS NOT been bumped, as many gaming websites would tell ya.The Cause of that would be either that or "Halloween Hackers" that did the countdown glitch, moving it a FULL MONTH!
I seriously hope you're right.

I really. Really do.

But Elijah bugged out? Really? haha. I guess even if he went nuts with this news, that kinda makes me feel slightly more humorous about it.Like even Superstars like Elijah Burke that wrestle for a living and is always on the road 24/7, are dead serious about this as well. lol

View PostSpleenishly-Green, on Nov 1 2007, 07:51 AM, said:

"SHEESH!!!!" The audacity of such ungrateful fans.
Shush. I find your reply to me ridiculous.

To delay a game for no real reason, two weeks before release, when they've said to have a finished copy already, there is no excuse for. None.I will be broke in December as will a lot of people.

Delaying a game to finish it is one thing. To push it back for no conceiavble reason than just to make people angry is another thing entirely.I'm completly justified in saying why it's unacceptable, and I like how you pretty much breezed right over that.I think you were looking for an excuse to try and "own" me on something and you failed it it.

If for no other reason than you completly skipped over the part why it's a bunch of crap.1. The game is DONE. It's not being worked on, it's ready to be pressed. They said so, themselves.2. Waiting until the LAST MINUTE. That's just being done to aggrivate people, obviously.That is.. if this IS true, and not just a website glitch. WHich it still damn well better be.You call me ungreatful, yet I've defended the game itself (Not this supposed delay but the game itself.).

And you bash the game entirely. And you have the nerve to call ME ungreatful? Seriously?

Honestly.. i'm not even annoyed by what you say, this time. :P

My first reaction is one to just snort in your general direction with an amused look on my face. Because your lame attempt to fire back at me really failed, big time.

IF it's true... (Which it still might not be at this point), when you delay a game.... dangle it over their heads, or reach it in front of their outstretched hands and yank it away, that's just totally uncalled for.

I don't bash the game, "ENTIRELY". I just have 20/20 vision and can see everything that anyone.......well, anyone with fully-functioning optics. I'm not a blinded fanatic. This game, as I said, is not the worse. There is obviously worse. But, there are also "TONS" better. And well, I am turned toward that direction. Good luck with this game and enjoying WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2006 v3.0: Reloaded. I'm just saying......

Edit: And I don't just skim through everything you say. I have clearly responded to your many points. For example, if you read the thread, two notches below this one, then you'll see what I'm talking about within quite a few posts.

Edited by Spleenishly-Green, 01 November 2007 - 09:13 AM.

#9 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 09:36 AM

View PostSpleenishly-Green, on Nov 1 2007, 11:09 AM, said:

Edit: And I don't just skim through everything you say. I have clearly responded to your many points. For example, if you read the thread, two notches below this one, then you'll see what I'm talking about within quite a few posts.

:lol: hell I do, he types hell too much, and damn If its going to a be a Halloween prank then thats just messed up. Id give it a week.

#10 latinoheat06

latinoheat06

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 248 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 09:44 AM

After reviewing the date of SD vs. Raw 2008, The ruling of the release date STANDS!!! So You my friend, Is Tryin' To Stop People From Gettin' The Game!!! As Of Right Now, IGN.com, Gamestop.com, And THQ.com Is Stickin' With The Release Date, Which That Is... Tuesday November 13, 2007!!!

So Stick That In Your Pipe & Smoke It, SLAPNUTS!!!! :angry:

#11 LILFATE

LILFATE

LILFATE "LEGEND STATUS"

• Code-X Member
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 09:47 AM

Dang dis suck

#12 The Rob

The Rob

The People's Heel

• Code-X Member
  • 3,846 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:00 AM

It's most likely just a mistake. They probably just accidently put a 4 in there instead of a 1.

#13 LILFATE

LILFATE

LILFATE "LEGEND STATUS"

• Code-X Member
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:02 AM

Lol it would suck if they did that but ok

#14 The Rob

The Rob

The People's Heel

• Code-X Member
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:04 AM

View PostHURRICANE FATE, on Nov 1 2007, 12:02 PM, said:

Lol it would suck if they did that but ok
Well that is most likely just the case. I mean they put 42 days, but let's just assume that it's supposed to be 12 instead. Adding today it would be the 13th of the month which happens to be the release date we were given. Chances are they just screwed up the countdown.

#15 LILFATE

LILFATE

LILFATE "LEGEND STATUS"

• Code-X Member
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:05 AM

Yea that could be cuz it comes out on the 13 so yea

#16 latinoheat06

latinoheat06

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 248 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:09 AM

So As Of Right Now, All Video Game & Store Website Still Says, 11/13/07!!!! Thq.com Just Forgot To Change The Countdown Clock To 13 days. It's Just False Infomation & Alarm People. It's Just A Misunderstanding, so don't listen to this guy anymore. this arguement have just been ended. B)

Is Any Mods Outthere That Can Close This Topic Please??? This Noob Just Giving Out False Infomation About The Release Date That's All. So You My Friend Are A Fake. :D

#17 The Rob

The Rob

The People's Heel

• Code-X Member
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:22 AM

View Postlatinoheat06, on Nov 1 2007, 12:09 PM, said:

So As Of Right Now, All Video Game & Store Website Still Says, 11/13/07!!!! Thq.com Just Forgot To Change The Countdown Clock To 13 days. It's Just False Infomation & Alarm People. It's Just A Misunderstanding, so don't listen to this guy anymore. this arguement have just been ended. B)

Is Any Mods Outthere That Can Close This Topic Please??? This Noob Just Giving Out False Infomation About The Release Date That's All. So You My Friend Are A Fake. :D
Uh huh....

Actually, I "ended" the argument a couple posts up before you first of all. Secondly, this "noob" has been here since 2005, which is longer than you've been here. Third, it was just a honest mistake on Karma's part, albeit a little of an overreaction, but still a simple mistake nonetheless.

The whole attitude thing you had going there wasn't even necessary, so calm down and don't go around demanding for topic closures. If they feel it needs to be closed they'll do it. They don't need to take cues from you.

#18 LettersFromWar

LettersFromWar

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 4,439 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:35 AM

How long you've been here doesn't mean anything. I throw it into the boat of people who think post count matters. I guess it depends on the context of how the word noob is being used though. That word can be used so many different ways, it can be taken as almost anything if the original poster who used noob in the topic doesn't clarify what he means by the word noob, and I don't know anybody who does that. At least no anyone that throws the word around excessively.

#19 TheKillerWolf22

TheKillerWolf22

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 12:44 PM

just went there it still says nov 13 for me

#20 ℜaven-Σffect

ℜaven-Σffect

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 4,122 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 01:01 PM

yeah its fixed for me too

it says 11 days now, they mustve just made a mistake earlier

#21 masta-hack

masta-hack

One Time I Saw A Duck :O

• Banned
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 01:06 PM

ill be pissed if this is true!

#22 timindevon

timindevon

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 01:25 PM

hi all ref release date change spoke to my local gaming shop today and as far as they know the release date is not changed still next friday 9th for us in the uk thought u woiuld all like to know

#23 The Fallen Angel

The Fallen Angel

Bite Size 3 Musketeers

• Code-X Legend
  • 12,878 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 01 November 2007 - 01:29 PM

View Postℜaven, on Oct 30 2007, 08:01 AM, said:

yeah its fixed for me too

it says 11 days now, they mustve just made a mistake earlier

Just looked at the site again and it changed back to 11 days ^_^

#24 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 01 November 2007 - 01:36 PM

latinoheat06, those comments towards Karma Rocket X were not necessary, don't do it again.

Man I'm glad this hasn't been pushed back that far. You had me worried.

#25 Hart

Hart

The only mod with a Hart

• Code-X Member
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 02:19 PM

I really doubt it. Just wait, a possible error?