#1 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:13 AM

Call of Duty 8 dev targets 'bug free' game
Sledgehammer aims to avoid franchise mistakes

New Call of Duty developer Sledgehammer is aiming for a "bug free" first outing in the COD franchise.

The standard is set in a job listing advertising for a quality assurance tester, which also sets a goal for review scores above 95 percent.

The ad reads: "The candidate will help Sledgehammer Games deliver a 95+ rated Call of Duty game 'bug free' meeting the high expectations of gamers today."

This comes after PlayStation 3 Black Ops players found their online experience littered with bugs, so much so in fact that Activision suffered the wrath of a pressure group claiming the publisher was using PS3 players "like game testers".

PS3 owners themselves petitioned Activision for a refund back in November. They got a series of patches instead.

Sledgehammer was revealed as the developer assigned to the "next Call of Duty game" in another job listing last month.

Reports last month suggested that Sledgehammer is working alongside Infinity Ward on Modern Warfare 3.

[ Source: Sledgehammer ]

Source: CVG | Send us a message: @cdxnetwork (via Twitter) or on the CDX Forum.

#2 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:08 AM

Impossible.

No game in existance is "bug free". You can spend your entire bank account and you still wont have it bug free. All the game companies in the world combined would struggle to make something bug free.

Of course 2 working companies is better than one but nothing irons out bugs better than a beta. NOTHING. Thats a tight 0,

#3 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:08 AM

Impossible.

No game in existance is "bug free". You can spend your entire bank account and you still wont have it bug free. All the game companies in the world combined would struggle to make something bug free.

Of course 2 working companies is better than one but nothing irons out bugs better than a beta. NOTHING. Thats a tight 0, Zero, Zilch, Nought. Nothing.

Even still, I am looking forward to this. I know I've said it to death but Black Ops was shit. Modern Warfare 2 always puts a smile on my face getting an insane killstreak while working hard with weapons that actually sound DIFFERENT from the next one. Maybe this time they will get working silencers on a good LMG?

You know what would make the game SO much more competitive though? Having something like Fallout, the more you use the gun, the more and more and becomes less effective. Until the point where it frequently jams etc. Leading to having to pay to a repair (which should cost a ridicolous amount in order to bring more varity to the game)

#4 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:51 PM

The problem with COD is not all the bugs, its the players themself. "Campers" for one should be banned, get RROD or be in a play list with other campers. COD developers need to take a page from counter strikes book. Campers deserved to be punished.

#5 TheRisingShadow

TheRisingShadow

wut

• Code-X Member
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 05:35 PM

Have something like every time you sit still, every 5 seconds your health would drop 10% and if you sit in a corner for 10 seconds, you automatically die.

#6 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:36 PM

^ Its a nice idea, or maybe a more stricter kick time window for inactivity.

But in (sort of) defense. I would not want to go running while carrying a light machine gun across a battle field riddled with snipers and faster movers.

Either we need....

Jesus the more I think about it, the more arguments there is for and against :blink: :wacko: :blink:

Ok. lets try this.

We want to remove camping because it makes for easy killstreaks on players that go out and hunt down their targets.

But at the same time, you are pretty much screwed at close range should it happen if your running about with a LMG or a Sniper

You could restrict on the use of a silencer with scavenger / OMA. Plus Grenade Launchers and RPGs.

What if a good player is going for a bigger killstreak but considers he may use ammo more, so wants to remain hidden?

It really is 50/50 for me, Im not a hardcore camper, 3 kills max in the same spot then move to a place where people will go to try and kill me from, repeat and reuse.

#7 TheRisingShadow

TheRisingShadow

wut

• Code-X Member
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:52 PM

For me I never stay in one spot more than like 10 seconds. And no more than like 30 seconds in one "area".

That's when I'm sniping. If I'm rushing with an SMG then I won't be in the same spot for more than like 5 seconds, lol. I'm always on the move with an SMG.

#8 H K

H K

Code X Join Date: Jul 7, 2004

• Code-X Legend
  • 9,209 posts
  • Gallery:View

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:18 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a sniper supposed to chill in one spot and kill as many people as possible? That's how it works in real life.

#9 Zcrux

Zcrux

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:19 PM

View PostHardcore King, on 21 February 2011 - 11:18 PM, said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a sniper supposed to chill in one spot and kill as many people as possible? That's how it works in real life.
But that's what people don't realize, it's not real life.

#10 H K

H K

• Code-X Legend
  • 9,209 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:25 PM

Then don't include a gun that is meant for that specific purpose. Or, just give em a maximum of three to five bullets and don't drop many reloads for it.

#11 TheRisingShadow

TheRisingShadow

wut

• Code-X Member
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:42 AM

HK, no one asked you. Quickscoping takes practice, it's not overpowered and it's not like you can get good at it overnight.

That takes lots of practice.

#12 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:47 PM

I gotta agree with HK on this one. Snipers are made for camping. Yea, it's a game, but since when are games not allowed to be a bit realistic?

I don't have any CoD's atm, but I play Halo, and the only problem I ever have with camping is when people spawn camp (which is rare), otherwise it's just another way to play and doesn't really bug me. Not everybody has the same play style, if thats what works for them and what they enjoy doing, I don't see the real problem. If you know where someone is camping you have 3 options, go after them, avoid being in their sight and go after other people or ignore them and die. Kinda messed up to try to force others to play a certain way just because some people don't like it... Why should everybody be forced to run around constantly anyway? Sounds kinda dumb to me.

I'm not really a camper myself, but I'm not gonna lie and say if I have the opportunity to be in a nice spot for a few minutes to snipe the shit out of the other team that I won't take it, that's foolish.

... but anyways, you could always find a group of people to play with that doesn't camp if it bugs you that much.

#13 H K

H K

• Code-X Legend
  • 9,209 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:12 PM

View PostTheRisingShadow, on 22 February 2011 - 11:42 AM, said:

HK, no one asked you. Quickscoping takes practice, it's not overpowered and it's not like you can get good at it overnight.

No one asked me? THIS IS A FORUM! I can post wherever, whatever I want, without being asked. And if you wanna get technical, noone asked you either. I was having a discussion with Swyxx, not you. So piss off you little kid.

Real sniping takes practice. That's a video game.

#14 Zcrux

Zcrux

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:42 AM

View PostHardcore King, on 22 February 2011 - 05:12 PM, said:

View PostTheRisingShadow, on 22 February 2011 - 11:42 AM, said:

Real sniping takes practice. That's a video game.
Exactly, it's a video game. So that means people can quickscope if they want. It's a different concept than "If this isnt really life then I should have a gun that shoots rainbows." CoD is a videogame that is supposed to resemble a real war. It isn't the exact thing. So going by that, quickscoping should be allowed.

#15 H K

H K

• Code-X Legend
  • 9,209 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:16 PM

You cant have it both ways though. You guys want quickscoping, but you dont want people to do what snipers really do, stay in one spot and kill the shit out of everyone. It doesnt work like that. You take the good with the bad and you murder the ones that annoy you any way you can.

#16 1967 Spidey

1967 Spidey

Amazing

• Code-X Member
  • 5,750 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:04 PM

View PostTheRisingShadow, on 17 February 2011 - 05:35 PM, said:

Have something like every time you sit still, every 5 seconds your health would drop 10% and if you sit in a corner for 10 seconds, you automatically die.
Sometimes you have to play it tactical. If you're caught in no-mans-land against a load of enemies, staying in a corner for a while to take a breather or let them all come to you makes alot of sense. If you're against 2 people, running in front of them sparying your SMG won't always produce results. Chances are you're clip will empty and by the time you've switched to your secondary, the remaining gu is laying bullets into you. People who do this throughout the entire match are annoying, but they'll never do them or they're team much good. So they only hurt themselves.

View PostSocom, on 16 February 2011 - 02:51 PM, said:

The problem with COD is not all the bugs, its the players themself. "Campers" for one should be banned, get RROD or be in a play list with other campers. COD developers need to take a page from counter strikes book. Campers deserved to be punished.
Thats stupid as hell. You can't oust players because they play a certain style. Campers are so, so easy to kill because their style is so irrational. If he's in one spot and he kills me, oh well, I'll run back there and spary him down. I'll set a claymore in the same spot and half the time they get killed by that claymore straight after. And the term camper is so overused now it's absurd. Nowadays, hovering around high-traffic spot in the map constitutes to being a camper. If you have a team of campers, flush them out with explosives and tactical grenades. People who use exploits and hack do far more damage to the game than people like to admit.

#17 TheRisingShadow

TheRisingShadow

wut

• Code-X Member
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:27 PM

@HK: I don't care if you snipe the "real" way. It's not like I ONLY quickscope my shots, lol. If I get sniped by someone in a distance, I'm going to snipe them back.

I am in no way bitching about people trying to be real snipers in a video game. I can easily kill them off.