• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#51 BucFan20

BucFan20

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 08:54 PM

Cena's not really a thug anymore. He's turned into some regular good guy. I don't really know what to call him except a rapper that fights people. Back when he was a heel he did cheat. They may call him a thug, but he's not a thug anymore. It's not just being a heel or a face. When he got his big push for the WWE title they started changing his character. They took away most of what got people to like him in the first place.

#52 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

See the sig for where good television has gone.

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts
  • Location:Think Wizard of Oz, for that's all the information you're getting! :lol:

Posted 17 July 2006 - 01:22 PM

BucFan20, on Jul 13 2006, 09:54 PM, said:

Cena's not really a thug anymore. He's turned into some regular good guy. I don't really know what to call him except a rapper that fights people. Back when he was a heel he did cheat. They may call him a thug, but he's not a thug anymore. It's not just being a heel or a face. When he got his big push for the WWE title they started changing his character. They took away most of what got people to like him in the first place.
And they also limited his choice of moves in order to increase merchandise and fan count...

#53 red_medicine

red_medicine

Ranger.

• Code-X Member
  • 3,484 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 17 July 2006 - 02:34 PM

wwfpooh, on Jul 17 2006, 02:22 PM, said:

Cena's not really a thug anymore. He's turned into some regular good guy. I don't  really know what to call him except a rapper that fights people. Back when he was a heel he did cheat. They may call him a thug, but he's not a thug anymore. It's not just being a heel or a face. When he got his big push for the WWE title they started changing his character. They took away most of what got people to like him in the first place.
And they also limited his choice of moves in order to increase merchandise and fan count...
Yup, the limited his moves to a boring 5 or 8 moves. Back in da day when I was a Cena fan, He used the throwback, drop toe hold, armbars, german suplexz, mat slams, spinbusters, and even a lil shoulder blck from the top rope and he used to mix it up ALOT. Remeber Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena (thug) for the title, now that was a great match.

#54 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts
  • Location:Think Wizard of Oz, for that's all the information you're getting! :lol:

Posted 17 July 2006 - 03:38 PM

Sev7en, on Jul 17 2006, 03:34 PM, said:

wwfpooh, on Jul 17 2006, 02:22 PM, said:

Cena's not really a thug anymore. He's turned into some regular good guy. I don't  really know what to call him except a rapper that fights people. Back when he was a heel he did cheat. They may call him a thug, but he's not a thug anymore. It's not just being a heel or a face. When he got his big push for the WWE title they started changing his character. They took away most of what got people to like him in the first place.
Yup, the limited his moves to a boring 5 or 8 moves. Back in da day when I was a Cena fan, He used the throwback, drop toe hold, armbars, german suplexz, mat slams, spinbusters, and even a lil shoulder blck from the top rope and he used to mix it up ALOT. Remeber Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena (thug) for the title, now that was a great match.
Yeah, and heck, they've even dropped the gimmick.

Past Cena = Doctor of Thugonomics (heel that spat on the crowd and "freestyled" as he pleased)

Current Cena = Chain Gang Soldier (over-hyped face that is stale because WWE forces him to be)

#55 red_medicine

red_medicine

Ranger.

• Code-X Member
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 06:34 PM

wwfpooh, on Jul 17 2006, 04:38 PM, said:

Past Cena = Doctor of Thugonomics (heel that spat on the crowd and "freestyled" as he pleased)

Current Cena = Chain Gang Soldier (over-hyped face that is stale because WWE forces him to be)
the thugomonics gimmick with those sick freetyles, I loved it. I wish Cena woulld just go back to being the "Doctor of Thugonomicz". Every MEGA face needs to betray the fans example> the Rock, Stone Cold, Hulk Hogan, Eddie Gurerro ect. All these wrestlers had MEGA face gimmicks but turned on the fans and turned heel. and Cena is long overdue for his.

#56 mark1

mark1

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 331 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 06:37 PM

Off topic but I don't see Cena being inducted into the hall of fame.

#57 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 08:52 AM

Sev7en, on Jul 17 2006, 07:34 PM, said:

wwfpooh, on Jul 17 2006, 04:38 PM, said:

the thugomonics gimmick with those sick freetyles, I loved it. I wish Cena woulld just go back to being the "Doctor of Thugonomicz". Every MEGA face needs to betray the fans example> the Rock, Stone Cold, Hulk Hogan, Eddie Gurerro ect. All these wrestlers had MEGA face gimmicks but turned on the fans and turned heel. and Cena is long overdue for his.
The downside is that WWE--ignorantly--still views Cena as a top marketable FACE, as long as the marks--namely the women and children of the audience that come to see Cena--cheer for him.

#58 Stephen

Stephen

Torrie Wilson's Husband

• Banned
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 12:12 AM

Blake, on Jul 12 2006, 04:18 PM, said:

Why are there so many people that hate John Cena?

He is like.. awesome. All of a sudden people hate him out of the blue. I think he is an Icon for people young and middle aged. But my god.. you hate him because he had the title forever? DEAL WITH IT YOU COCKSUCKER! My god he is awesome. He is the future of WWE weather you like it or not.

SO DEAL WITH IT!
one question why did you post this topic :mellow:

most people i know like Cena that includes people i know online to cus SOME people don't like Cena i don't know why that is me personally i used to HATE Cena like i Hate Hart but that story is for another day anyways the only reason i Hated Cena was cus he was the WWE Champion and everyone one liked him becuase of it it was like he couldn't be Successful without it BUT since he lost the WWE title he's showed me that he can be Successful without the WWE Title ;)

o and don't anwser that question i'm just miss with you a little :ph43r: :ph43r: :ph43r:

Edited by Alliance Leader-Evil, 19 July 2006 - 12:14 AM.

#59 Thong

Thong

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 200 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 12:17 AM

i kno dont h8 CENA!!
He's okay he's not the bestest wrestler but he ain't that bad.
Look at edge how dumbshit heel he is at least HHH wasnt that bad of a heel at least he actually would fight. That edge guy was like running away from CENA how dumbshit is that freaken lame ass move there. that was like so uncalled for. EDge is terrible heel. CENA WAY BETTER

#60 red_medicine

red_medicine

Ranger.

• Code-X Member
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 10:45 AM

Thong, on Jul 19 2006, 01:17 AM, said:

i kno dont h8 CENA!!
Look at edge how dumbshit heel he is at least HHH wasnt that bad of a heel at least he actually would fight. That edge guy was like running away from CENA how dumbshit is that freaken lame ass move there. that was like so uncalled for. EDge is terrible heel. CENA WAY BETTER
Dude Edge is an AWSOME heel. Cena wasnt a more heel-like person as edge cause the crowd BOOOS the shit out of both them. When Cena was heel sure they booed him BUT edge has done things better than Cena when he was heel anywayz.

#61 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 01:42 PM

Sev7en, on Jul 19 2006, 11:45 AM, said:

Thong, on Jul 19 2006, 01:17 AM, said:

i kno dont h8 CENA!!
Dude Edge is an AWSOME heel. Cena wasnt a more heel-like person as edge cause the crowd BOOOS the shit out of both them. When Cena was heel sure they booed him BUT edge has done things better than Cena when he was heel anywayz.
Not to mention that Cena was being BOOED as a FACE, not a heel. :lol:

#62 Guest_Stu_*

Guest_Stu_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2006 - 07:32 AM

*collapses* What the hell have I missed since being away!?

Firstly, I'm going to say this. I neither like Cena nor dislike him. He's a unique character in the fact that usually I either like a superstar or not. The reason why I'm undecided? Well, I agree with the majority in this thread - he was amazing as the Doctor of Thuganomics, his rhymes were, dare I say it, the stuff of WWE legends. Witty with a bit of sick humour to them. I also realise that he was a fantastic, and I mean fantastic, wrestler back then. Basically, he wanted to get to the top and he went the right way about it by impressing lots of people very quickly. His matches against the likes of Big Show, Brock Lesnar and Undertaker were among the best of his career.

Nowadays, he is stuck in a gimmick with no way out. Can any of you really see him leaving this "soldier" gimmick he has in the near future? I can't. His moveset is restricted, I won't deny that. But I want to contradict those who say he can't sell moves. As of last year, I am struggling to find a bad John Cena match. Why? Because he can sell moves well and allows his more experienced opponents to carry the match. Examples: Wrestlemania 21 vs JBL. Very underrated match and although Cena won in his typical style, it was a great display. Judgment Day vs JBL. Great match again. SummerSlam vs Chris Jericho. All of these matches were really good matches because Cena's opponents were able to carry them. Sure it would have been better with some momentum swings, but for a match with two bits of momentum (Cena's opponent dominant, Cena wins with "Six Moves of Doom") it was pretty good.

Should Cena be champion again? Eventually. But I feel there are more experienced superstars who should get the title before him. Cena has, like it or not, at least ten years in him in WWE - should he decide to go on. Therefore, he has more than enough time to earn his titles and get into the hall of fame. But people should be put before him: e.g. Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle, Triple H, Edge or Kane have not got the priveledges of ten years left, so they should be put first. Once they move on, then the likes of Randy Orton, John Cena, etc can take priority. I am not saying Orton or Cena or others shouldn't win the main belt, but there is danger of people getting, as people say, bored of them.

*wow, what a rant*

#63 jamesw

jamesw

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 140 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 08:55 AM

The Legend Killer, on Jul 21 2006, 08:32 AM, said:

*collapses* What the hell have I missed since being away!?

Firstly, I'm going to say this. I neither like Cena nor dislike him. He's a unique character in the fact that usually I either like a superstar or not. The reason why I'm undecided? Well, I agree with the majority in this thread - he was amazing as the Doctor of Thuganomics, his rhymes were, dare I say it, the stuff of WWE legends. Witty with a bit of sick humour to them. I also realise that he was a fantastic, and I mean fantastic, wrestler back then. Basically, he wanted to get to the top and he went the right way about it by impressing lots of people very quickly. His matches against the likes of Big Show, Brock Lesnar and Undertaker were among the best of his career.

Nowadays, he is stuck in a gimmick with no way out. Can any of you really see him leaving this "soldier" gimmick he has in the near future? I can't. His moveset is restricted, I won't deny that. But I want to contradict those who say he can't sell moves. As of last year, I am struggling to find a bad John Cena match. Why? Because he can sell moves well and allows his more experienced opponents to carry the match. Examples: Wrestlemania 21 vs JBL. Very underrated match and although Cena won in his typical style, it was a great display. Judgment Day vs JBL. Great match again. SummerSlam vs Chris Jericho. All of these matches were really good matches because Cena's opponents were able to carry them. Sure it would have been better with some momentum swings, but for a match with two bits of momentum (Cena's opponent dominant, Cena wins with "Six Moves of Doom") it was pretty good.

Should Cena be champion again? Eventually. But I feel there are more experienced superstars who should get the title before him. Cena has, like it or not, at least ten years in him in WWE - should he decide to go on. Therefore, he has more than enough time to earn his titles and get into the hall of fame. But people should be put before him: e.g. Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle, Triple H, Edge or Kane have not got the priveledges of ten years left, so they should be put first. Once they move on, then the likes of Randy Orton, John Cena, etc can take priority. I am not saying Orton or Cena or others shouldn't win the main belt, but there is danger of people getting, as people say, bored of them.

*wow, what a rant*
Hats off to the Legend Killer for an awesome post, i agree with every word and it couldn't be better.

#64 BucFan20

BucFan20

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 09:15 AM

"I'm smooth like Han Solo and A-Train's like my wookie."

His old stuff was awesome. Unfortunately WWE decided to change his personality, which included his raps. Look at his insults then and look at them now. Do you think Cena, who came up with that line up there, would think that Y2Cheap is a good insult?

#65 Guest_Stu_*

Guest_Stu_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2006 - 09:29 AM

I know, and thank you for the hats off for the post - I'm quite proud of it myself. Cena's old stuff:

"Big Show is a giant - I have a giant whistle - so go ahead and blow me". Awesome.

I think I know why Cena is performing "not to standard" nowadays. When he came into WWE, he had a purpose to become a main eventer. He would make up rhymes and give then to the creative team - he would go all out in every match. Eventually, he got his push in late 2004 / early 2005.

All of a sudden, Cena becomes complacent - he's reached main event standard and knew that WWE could not hold off giving him the title for much longer. All of a sudden, his rhymes stop and he stops performing. He knows that he brings in too much money from merchandise to be released or be anything less than a main eventer - so he might feel he doesn't have to try.

Its just a theory.

#66 BucFan20

BucFan20

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 09:48 AM

Then he and WWE get the same amount of blame. WWE for changing him and Cena for not doing anything about it. That's what I think it is.

Usually Cena haters say Cena doesn't know how to wrestle when he does, he proved it a few years ago. Although that doesn't effect him much now, he does know how to wrestle. They usually blame Cena for everything that's wrong with him now. With what I said in my last post, I don't think that the same guy that made up that awesome stuff would think that Y2Cheap is a great insult. That shows that WWE has to have some part in messing his character up.

Cena fans usually put all of the blame on WWE. What Legend Killer said about Cena selling merchandise is true, he's not going to get fired when people are buying his stuff. Same goes for getting depushed. If Cena went and asked for better matches and to act like his old self some more I doubt he would get punished if he's selling so much merchandise. They aren't going to fire him when they're making so much money off of him. This shows that Cena may not be working as hard as he could and doesn't care about putting on better matches.

We don't know exactly what goes on backstage, but I doubt it's all WWE's fault or all John Cena's fault.

Edited by BucFan20, 21 July 2006 - 09:48 AM.

#67 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 02:15 PM

BucFan20, on Jul 21 2006, 10:48 AM, said:

Then he and WWE get the same amount of blame. WWE for changing him and Cena for not doing anything about it. That's what I think it is.

Usually Cena haters say Cena doesn't know how to wrestle when he does, he proved it a few years ago. Although that doesn't effect him much now, he does know how to wrestle. They usually blame Cena for everything that's wrong with him now. With what I said in my last post, I don't think that the same guy that made up that awesome stuff would think that Y2Cheap is a great insult. That shows that WWE has to have some part in messing his character up.

Cena fans usually put all of the blame on WWE. What Legend Killer said about Cena selling merchandise is true, he's not going to get fired when people are buying his stuff. Same goes for getting depushed. If Cena went and asked for better matches and to act like his old self some more I doubt he would get punished if he's selling so much merchandise. They aren't going to fire him when they're making so much money off of him. This shows that Cena may not be working as hard as he could and doesn't care about putting on better matches.

We don't know exactly what goes on backstage, but I doubt it's all WWE's fault or all John Cena's fault.
Well put. I applaud. ^_^

#68 Sl3yAvnge

Sl3yAvnge

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 125 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 08:28 PM

View PostAnaconda Vice, on Jul 12 2006, 04:32 PM, said:

I think Cena haters want him to be a heel. Am I correct Cena haters?

yes thats right
i liked him better when he was heel

#69 J.O.B. (Joey)

J.O.B. (Joey)

There's More 2 Life Than Chasin Girls, That's Raising 2

• Code-X Member
  • 4,870 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 09:40 PM

:huh: did u bump a topic 10 months old :lol: Specially with something simple u cudda said in the other cena topic... :P

Be careful doing that, if wrestling discussion wasnt dead you woulda got a warning for that.. U cant bump topics this old :P

#70 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 06 May 2007 - 09:33 AM

Wrestling Discussion isn't dead, and that isn't really warnable.

It is however, annoying as shit.

#71 J.O.B. (Joey)

J.O.B. (Joey)

• Code-X Member
  • 4,870 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 11:27 AM

View PostTheKGBIsAfterYou, on May 6 2007, 11:33 AM, said:

Wrestling Discussion isn't dead, and that isn't really warnable.

It is however, annoying as shit.

Wrestling Discussion use to have 3 new pages of suff everyday..I was away for at least 3 weeks an I came back an thought Id never catch up, but there wa only a half a page of stuff!

How is it not warnabe to bump a year old topic, but has been warnable to bump a month old topic before??

Edited by J.O.B. (Joey), 06 May 2007 - 11:29 AM.

#72 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 11:31 AM

That's solely on a G-Mod/Admins discretion. I didn't see anything in the rules that said so, they may have been changed though.

Wrestling Discussion has slowed down a lot, but it isn't really dead.

#73 J.O.B. (Joey)

J.O.B. (Joey)

• Code-X Member
  • 4,870 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 11:44 AM

View PostTheKGBIsAfterYou, on May 6 2007, 01:31 PM, said:

That's solely on a G-Mod/Admins discretion. I didn't see anything in the rules that said so, they may have been changed though.

Wrestling Discussion has slowed down a lot, but it isn't really dead.

The rules were changed yes. Not sure what they are now.. but this is definately more worse than some of my past warnings :lol:

an Wrestling Discussion no matter what u call it needs to be brought back :P

Edited by J.O.B. (Joey), 06 May 2007 - 11:46 AM.

#74 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 11:48 AM

but this is definately more worse than some of my past warnings

As I said, that's up to the G-Mod/Admins discretion.

an Wrestling Discussion no matter what u call it needs to be brought back

Hopefully we can.

Code X without Wrestling Discussion = Boring

#75 Corey Grandy

Corey Grandy

Deleted Member.

• Code-X Member
  • 11,630 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:07 AM

That was just a tad disrespectful, don't you think?