• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#1 Kiyomi Takada

Kiyomi Takada

Lol, I burned myself to death coz my boyfriend told me to

• Code-X Member
  • 606 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:01 PM

Simple topic, but I'm interested in what people think. Who is the wrestler (in all of wrestling history) who just doesn't get enough praise for the skills that he or she had? If you want to (because you can't decide just one), make a list. For me, three names spring instantly to mind:

Ted DiBiase - Great mic skills, great in-ring skills and one of the best gimmicks ever, and really under appreciated in wrestling history.

Rick Rude - Has to be the unluckiest guy in wrestling history to have never gotten a world title. He had the skill, charisma, everything to make it, and a lot of people wouldn't have even heard of him until SmackDown vs. Raw 2008, but he had a string of great matches back in the days ...

Randy Savage - By far the most under appreciated wrestler in history, by both fans and promoters. He was an awesome wrestler back in the day, and had the easily the best Wrestlemania matches until Wrestlemania X came along (with his matches against Steamboat, Hogan and the Warrior), and really put on some energetic, exciting matches which get seriously overlooked these days. He should have gotten a lot more title reigns, and shouldn't have been treated like trash by WCW either. I'd go as far to say Savage is in the top ten or twenty wrestlers ever.

Edited by Lust, 18 May 2008 - 02:12 PM.

#2 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

Hargy Noob Count: 24

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:10 PM

I was planning on making a topic like this, but you beat me to it.

The most underrated wrestlers today, are:

Londrick- Shows great talent in the ring, and are over with the crowd. If given the chance, we could see their charisma and mic skills.

Shelton Benjamin- Has always been phenomenal, in the ring and on the mic. But WWE never gives him a chance.

The entire tag and cruiserweight division- Are not even seen on TV anymore, at least not very often. Almost everyone in the divisions can put on great matches, and great promos.

The most underrated wrestler in WWE today, is Hardcore Holly. Holly has been in WWE longer than everyone, except The Undertaker. Holly has put his body on the line, and suffered plenty injuries for the company, and what do they do. The give him the tag titles, with a rookie, and they never defend them. Through his career, Holly has never disappointed. His matches have been great, his gimmicks are great, and his mic skills are pretty good. This man has never been given a fair chance in this industry, but he continues tostick around and do his job. He deserves more from WWE.

More to come later.

Edited by phoenixsplash630, 18 May 2008 - 02:12 PM.

#3 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:38 PM

Holly has never disappointed. His matches have been great, his gimmicks are great, and his mic skills are pretty good.

Lol. Sparky Plugg

Anyway, most under appreciated to me would be Savage as well. He was a damn good heel (My great grandfather threatened to shoot him at a show once after Savage spit on him) and could play a good face as well. His match with Steamboat is one of my favorites ever, and he has the SLim Jim commercials. OHHH YEE-AH!!!

#4 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:47 PM

View PostTheKGBIsAfterYou, on May 18 2008, 04:38 PM, said:

Holly has never disappointed. His matches have been great, his gimmicks are great, and his mic skills are pretty good.

Lol. Sparky Plugg

Anyway, most under appreciated to me would be Savage as well. He was a damn good heel (My great grandfather threatened to shoot him at a show once after Savage spit on him) and could play a good face as well. His match with Steamboat is one of my favorites ever, and he has the SLim Jim commercials. OHHH YEE-AH!!!

I was hoping to avoid the Sparky Plugg mentions, lat. But that is like saying you don't like The Rock, because of Flex Cavana.

I think that the Junkyard Dog, is under appreciated, because he never won a title in the WWE. Sure he's a Hall Of Famer, but still.

#5 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:49 PM

I was laughing more at the "great matches" and "Great mic skills" part.

#6 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:07 PM

View PostTheKGBIsAfterYou, on May 18 2008, 04:49 PM, said:

I was laughing more at the "great matches" and "Great mic skills" part.

Are you saying that you don't like Holly matches? How? Every match the he puts on is great. Holly knows how to sell a move, and has great psychology, and chemistry with his opponents.

He doesn't give promos that often, but when he does, he gets his point across. He doesn't make mistakes, and doesn't use catchphrases, other than "How do you like me now!" Which he doesn't really use anymore.

#7 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:12 PM

You are using great way too often, which implies your standards are rather low. Actually, the IWC overuses Great and Good often. Average for whatever reason, and unjustifiably so, comes with a negative connotation.

Michaels vs Flair is a great match, with great storytelling and psychology. Hardcore Holly has yet in his career to have a match I would consider "great", or maybe even good. He's had plenty of average and above average matches, but nothing that should blow anyone out of the water. His promos, which happen once in a blue moon, are of the same quality as most other WWE wrestlers, but not above, which make them average. Holly isn't bad, but to call him great is laughable.

#8 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:16 PM

Holly hasn't had a "great" match, because WWE never gives him the chance to have one. He isn't given opponents like Michaels or Flair. Holly also is never given enough time to showcase his abilities. So what I'm saying, is that he hasn't had the luxuries that other performers in the WWE have had. But considering what WWE has given him, he has been "great."

#9 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:20 PM

If he could get the audience to care about him, through either of his supposedly "great mic and wrestling skills", he would have been afforded those opportunities. And even so, if given those matches, I doubt he would shine.

Through his career, Holly has never disappointed. His matches have been great, his gimmicks are great, and his mic skills are pretty good.

Your exact words, which denounce what you just said about not being given the opportunity to face great opponents. You said that all of his matches and gimmicks have been great, and he never disappoints. You then go on to say this after I expose what you said:

Holly hasn't had a "great" match

You blame that on him never facing a great opponent or getting a fair shot. That directly contradicts what you said.

#10 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:26 PM

Holly was incredibly over, during his return feud with Lesnar. He was one of the most over wrestlers on the roster, in fact. But WWE decided to give Lesnar the "rub," which proved to be a horrible decision on their part. After that angle ended, when WWE should've pushed Holly, they dump him into the undercard, and hardly ever use him.

EDIT: Holly's matches have been great, by my standards. Note how great is in quotes. I did that because you or other people seem to think otherwise. So my opinion of great, is different than yours or others.

Edited by phoenixsplash630, 18 May 2008 - 03:28 PM.

#11 Kiyomi Takada

Kiyomi Takada

• Code-X Member
  • 606 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:39 PM

View Postphoenixsplash630, on May 18 2008, 03:26 PM, said:

But WWE decided to give Lesnar the "rub," which proved to be a horrible decision on their part.
I read over the thread and you both make great points, except this one. I couldn't imagine Eddie Guerrero's moment at No Way Out 2004 meaning much if he beat Hardcore Holly for the WWE Title. That's the only point I have to make.

#12 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:42 PM

Ok, I agree with that Lust. But, in the long run, it would've been better to give the belt to Holly, because he is still in WWE.

Or even not give him the belt, but at least continue his push. There could've been a Holly heel turn, and he could have feuded with Eddie. That would have been good.

#13 BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

I'm more fresh than the prince of Bellair!!

• Banned
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:52 PM

And if i remember correctly....john cena was in title matches as soon as he made his debut, now that seems very unfair and maybe also "ignorance by the wwe corp", but really hes overated, i just had to point that out but to pick 1 guy that is underated i would say A-train, he was a very competive wrestler, one of the best of all time (im my opinon), but he nvr got a chance to rise up, same thing for snitsky, wwe isnt thinking logically enough, but w/e, the future still awaits for other things that can still occur

#14 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:56 PM

Cena didn't get title matches, until he became a rapper. Which was a few months into his career.

Snitsky, are you serious? Snitsky is a terrible wrestler. No mic skills and no ring skills doesn't make a good combonation.

Edited by phoenixsplash630, 18 May 2008 - 03:57 PM.

#15 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 04:03 PM

And if i remember correctly....john cena was in title matches as soon as he made his debut, now that seems very unfair and maybe also "ignorance by the wwe corp", but really hes overated, i just had to point that out but to pick 1 guy that is underated i would say A-train, he was a very competive wrestler, one of the best of all time (im my opinon), but he nvr got a chance to rise up, same thing for snitsky, wwe isnt thinking logically enough, but w/e, the future still awaits for other things that can still occur

This thread just died.

#16 BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

• Banned
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 04:10 PM

you didnt need to post that if you know it would bother me, i was just giving out my ideas/opinions!!

#17 Terrster

Terrster

Back In Black!

• Code-X Member
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 04:22 PM

Okay, I have to admit for once that Jaac is right. A Train really was under rated, he had an okay storyline that built up to Wrestlemania with Taker but after that you never heard of him and before then he was in what, the lamest Stable that was ever made "Right to Censor".

#18 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 04:26 PM

View PostTerrster, on May 18 2008, 06:22 PM, said:

Okay, I have to admit for once that Jaac is right. A Train really was under rated, he had an okay storyline that built up to Wrestlemania with Taker but after that you never heard of him and before then he was in what, the lamest Stable that was ever made "Right to Sensor".

A-Train wasn't in Right To Censor. A-Train was in T&A, with Test and Trish Stratus.

#19 BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

• Banned
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 04:29 PM

True, terster probably made a confuisng mistake as its a long time back and so many tags were formed back then, but yea thnx for agreeing with me

#20 Kiyomi Takada

Kiyomi Takada

• Code-X Member
  • 606 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 04:32 PM

A-Train did get good in Japan from what I've seen, but in WWE he was fine where he was, IMO. Its a sad day when John Cena is put below A-Train and Snitsky, I have to say :P No offense, but that's taking the hate too far.

#21 BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

• Banned
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 04:54 PM

way too far, and yes a-train is dominant over in japan, but if he ever cmes back to wwe, i wll jump with joy and throw a party, plus he will be my favorite wrestler :D

#22 Terrster

Terrster

Back In Black!

• Code-X Member
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:21 PM

I see now, all these gimmicks come flying around they almost seem like the same people. Bull Buchanan was in a tag team with the Big Boss Man as was A Train "Albert" I’m pretty sure? And Bull Buchanan later on joined Right to Censor. My mistake but still, he was pretty under rated and was released because of an injury he was yet to return from.

#23 BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

• Banned
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:23 PM

wasnt he on a diffrent tag team as well, i cant freakin remember!! :angry:

#24 Terrster

Terrster

Back In Black!

• Code-X Member
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:25 PM

He was far too under rated to remember anything about him. We’ll just put it that way. <_<

#25 BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

• Banned
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:30 PM

is there like a way to send the wwe corp any messages or feedbacks stuf like that? cause i think u know what im gonna say !!!!