• Code-X History: Former G-Mod
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:20 PM

Credit: IGN

Del Toro Eyes Doctor Strange
Hellboy helmer wants Gaiman to script.
by Stax

February 8, 2008 - The buzz about Guillermo del Toro right now may be all about whether or not he's directing The Hobbit (and its follow-up), but the filmmaker is also reportedly looking to give a certain Marvel Comics character the big screen treatment.

According to EmpireOnline.com, del Toro wants to bring Marvel's sorcerer supreme, Doctor Strange, to cinematic life. Del Toro's no stranger to Marvel movies, having previously helmed Blade II, which was scripted by David Goyer. Goyer, ironically, once penned a screenplay for a Doctor Strange movie, but that's not who del Toro has in mind to script his dream version.

"I talked with Neil Gaiman [about writing it]," del Toro told EmpireOnline. "I said, that's an interesting character because you can definitely make him more in the pulpy occult detective/magician mold and formula than was done in the Weird Tales, for example."

The filmmaker continued, "The idea of a character that really dabbles in the occult in a way that's not X-Filey, where the supernatural is taken for granted. That's interesting."

Del Toro warned fans, though, "I wouldn't use the suit!"

Another Marvel hero hits the big screen

#2 Alan93

Alan93

Cole World

• Code-X Member
  • 4,374 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 09:14 AM

Dr Strange is one of the greatist charecters thats been left to comics and apperences in other cartoons. great news that hes getting moved up to the movie scen