#1 Blizzard

Blizzard

Ariana is my queen ♡

• Code-X Member
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:35 PM

Credit: The Washington Post

http://www.washingto...JtscH_blog.html

Ryan Dunn, who is best known for performing cringe-inducing stunts on the MTV show “Jackass,” died in a car accident Monday.

According to the accident report, West Goshen Township police found Dunn’s Porsche in the woods off Route 322 in Pennsylvania “engulfed in flames” shortly before 3 a.m. The prankster and an unidentified passenger died from injuries. Speed may have been a factor in the crash, according to the police. April Margera, the mother of Dunn’s friend and co-star, Bam Margera, confirmed the news early Monday to TMZ.

The television personality tweeted a photo of himself at a bar late Sunday, but DUI was not cited as a cause for the accident on the police report. The photo was later removed.

Dunn, 34, appeared on the Johnny Knoxville-led MTV series “Jackass,” in the films that came from the show and on the spinoff series, “Viva La Bam.” He co-hosted the G4 show, “Proving Ground,” which premiered last week. The Post’s Lisa de Moraes reports that G4 will pull the show from its schedule until further notice. Nine episodes were filmed before Dunn’s death.

“We are devastated by the tragic loss of Ryan Dunn — a beloved member of the MTV family for more than a decade,” Van Toffler, president of MTV Networks Music/Films Group, said in a statement. “He made us all laugh and had the tireless enthusiastic approach to life of your favorite middle school friend. Our thoughts and deepest condolences are with Ryan’s family and friends. The Jackass brotherhood will never be the same.”

Knoxville responded to the news Monday afternoon on Twitter: “Today I lost my brother Ryan Dunn. My heart goes out to his family and his beloved Angie. RIP Ryan. I love you buddy.”

Jason “Wee-Man” Acuna, a member of the rowdy MTV crew, remembered Dunn on Twitter: “I MISS YOU BUD!! You were always a happy kick-[butt] dude!!” Read more reactions from the “Jackass” crew and other celebrities, including Tom Green, Carey Hart and Sofia Coppola, here.

Dunn’s name has become a trending topic on Twitter, with fans sharing their condolences and favorite memories.
R.I.P. :(

Edited by Cameron™, 20 June 2011 - 02:36 PM.