Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts
  • Gallery:View
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:54 AM

View PostMakaveli, on 31 March 2010 - 05:21 PM, said:

The last thing I want to see is Sting Vs. Flair. Sting had a huge heel turn and they are killing all of it's steam by not using him at all.

I don't like it either... but it'll happen I promise you!

I also agree that I don't want to see Sting vs. Hogan either... Hogan in any match is too much now. He's beyond unbelievable now, he's laughable.

TNA should be using these legends to put over the younger talent. Especially considering the age of these Legends we are talking about, it isn't like they need the rub when they are going to retire or die trying. so use their legacy to boost the careers of Matt Morgan, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles and even The Pope, Anderson and Wolfe, etc.

#52 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Legend

Posted 05 April 2010 - 01:59 PM

They better not screw up The Pope. That dude has so much potential. Not sure if he should take the strap at Lockdown, but he should get it this year for sure.

I hear that depending on how tonight goes, they may move to 8PM permanently, or if it continues to do poorly they may move to Thursday nights again.. I'm going to be pissed if they do, you can't go by the ratings of the first couple of Monday shows around WrestleMania season. They need like a year to adapt.. I also don't want to see 8PM because I usually work until 9..

#53 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:50 PM

damn my dvr ran out of space and lost the last 25 minutes of iMPACT. I'm angry.

#54 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:36 AM

i heard the knockouts ending the show was a mess. i liked the rest of the night, though. my major complaint is that pope and AJ have nearly no heat right now. they keep shoving desmond wolfe down everyones throat (who I don't think is that great).. Pope Vs. AJ is the only reason I want to watch Lockdown, to be honest.. and they aren't really making it seem at all possible Pope might win.. a Flair interference will cost him the match, I suppose.

#55 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:27 PM

lol @ Maka talking to himself

I thought Victoria was gonna get the belt and whoever got Poison was gonna use it to get a title shot... meh, whatever.

#56 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:30 PM

That looks like a show where you're going "What where they thinking" the majority of the time.

#57 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:20 PM

View PostJB, on 06 April 2010 - 01:27 PM, said:

lol @ Maka talking to himself

I thought Victoria was gonna get the belt and whoever got Poison was gonna use it to get a title shot... meh, whatever.

gotta keep the thread going lol

#58 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:17 AM

lol, yea.

Thing is, if I tried that people would say I triple post and warn me. Legends get to have all the fun. lol

#59 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:48 AM

I'll get you off the hook next time then, lol.

#60 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:57 AM

Sad to hear of
Spoiler
getting his release.

So be it he wasn't going far anytime soon, but he was talent that could have been relied on should something happen.

#61 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:52 AM

TNA dropped the ball on that one.

#62 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:15 AM

They should of kept, it's a shame because I enjoyed watching him on impact. He needed more TV time and a better storyline instead of wasting him like that.

#63 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:56 AM

He turned into a Maineventer the month before Hogan & Bischoff came in and got a quadruple demotion to jobber as soon as they came in. Which basically means Bischoff had no confidence in him at all as a draw which meant that this was always going to happen.

He'll make big bucks on the indy scene though, he's still one of the most popular wrestlers in the indy's even without working them for the past few years and ROH is a good fit for him so it isn't like it'll ruin him... infact it'll probably be better for him.

I'd like to see him in the WWE officially at some point, not that I think they'd use him any better but I just think there are a few good wrestlers in the WWE that could really give us some classic matches with Chris Daniels, even on the midcard.

#64 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:17 AM

Bah, if HHH was still there you can kiss the Angel Wings goodbye.

Sadly unless Hogan and Bischoff leave, or unless AJ works his words then I believe thats the last we've seen of Daniels in TNA. No more BME :(

#65 1967 Spidey

1967 Spidey

Amazing

• Code-X Member
  • 5,750 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:20 AM

TNA dropped the ball with Daniels. Guy could fill anywhere on the card, and even had the potential to be a main event player. Look at his run when he got into two consecutive main events between Turning Point and Final Rsolution. He was a fantastic heel going into his matches (aswell as the tweener when Joe broke the bond between him and AJ). He put on 2 stellar main events aswell, proving he could ahng at AJ and Joes level. But Hogan and Bischoff are more worried about thier own ego and trying to prove they can beat Vince. Fact is they can't. If they actually pushed guys who actually have ten years left in thier career before they die or end up in a damn wheelchair then they could be somewhere now, rather then rotting below a 1.0 rating.

But thier loss is the Indy Circuits gain, and to be honest im so happy to see Daniels back in ROH and him possibly heading to Japan (I mean Creed got booked thier, so why not him.)

#66 Future WHC

Future WHC

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 286 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:41 AM

A lot of TNA's wrestlers are old, but I don't mind because they're all mostly icons / washed up ex-WWE stars that I grew up on. So... I guess it's all good patter, because of their history in WWE and WCW. I guess they could do a lot worse jobs for paying the bills, feeding their families, etc. Just that, unlike WWE, TNA is giving their stars more of a push.

Hopefully TNA can outshine WWE. I'm just so sick of WWE using the same stories and boring gimmicks that only a kid could find amusing. Not to mention the more tasteless angles such as Katie Vick, Zach Gowen, Eddie's bedtime stories, etc. Anything that will get them noticed through underhanded TV time.

Their WrestleMania shows the past few years just haven't been worth the hype. Exceptions being the Shawn Michaels, Undertaker matches. And Ric Flair's supposed "retirement" match was worth the high ratings. Everything else... Not so much. There was no passion or anything. Even their tag matches are just bull. The women can't even do what they want cos of the PG-13 restrictions.

#67 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:02 PM

This is TNA discussion... most of your post was about WWE...

But I am curious as to what you think the women want to do?

#68 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:36 PM

What do you guys think about the 8PM switch?

This week was pretty good, not great, but good. All of Team Flair basically got the 1up on everybody.. I think this Pope/AJ fued was botched completely, though.. it had better last 2-3 months because obviously AJ won't get a clean victory over Pope.. but since Pope and AJ only interacted the 2 weeks before the show, Pope definitely doesn't have the heat to take the title yet.. it just didn't get a buildup.

#69 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:21 AM

8pm suites them better. If I'm right this puts them on an hour before Raw in the states right? If so it's good because it gives them time to give people a reason to stay by good programming and good self advertising in the way of telling people what is to come in the mainevent... by giving people a reason not to tune out and turn over to RAW, long term iMPACT! can keep the wrestling fans entertained before RAW and then hopefully give them a good reason to stay with them instead of flicking over. WHen they were going head to to head from the get go they were forcing people to make a choice and with RAW being the biggest weekly wrestling show anywhere it made it an easy choice for people. This works better IMO.

As for iMPACT! I'll give you my views on Sunday once I've seen the show but in general I think that the Pope needs more build up. They seem set on giving him a super push which is great but they need to give him the time to actually make it work. Throwing him on TV against random guys when he's got a title match coming up doesn't cut it. People need to believe he can beat AJ and actaully be a star and that takes more than 2 weeks in general. Hopefully like you said Maka, they'll give him a lengthy fued with AJ and make it a bit of an underdog story. This will get him over huge (as if isn't already but you get what I mean) and then once he's champ (which is where it should end up) he can be the big babyface champ that TNA needs right now.

#70 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:27 PM

You going to watch Lockdown?

#71 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:09 AM

Yup, we get it free here in the UK on the first Wednesday after the event so I'll definitely be watching it then. I hate how we have TNA on a 3 day to a week delay here in the UK though... makes it hard to stay in the conversation about it, lol.

#72 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:13 AM

what channel is it Lockdown in UK? I remember that it used always be on Bravo 2 but they stop that now.

#73 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:29 AM

The eXtreme Sport Channel, on Sky it is channel number 419, Virgin no. 527. The deal is exactly the same as Bravo's old PPV deal, the PPV is shown the first Wednesday after the event with replays whenever they can be bothered.

I don't blame people for not knowing though, TNA hasn't done much in the way of advertising it and the eXtreme Sports Channel hasn't got a huge following and doesn't really advertise at all any way so yeah... I don't really think TNA knew what they were doing with this deal but if they are getting better money then who can blame them?

#74 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:35 PM

You guys don't get Spike TV right? That's where iMPACT is on in the U.S. It's a very popular network, and honestly TNA fits right in, but they don't advertise it on Spike either..

#75 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:31 AM

No we don't get Spike, infact we don't get any US TV channels really other than a few Fox channels (mainly news networks).

In the UK though, iMPACT! itself is shown on Bravo which is owned by Vergin Media but still has links to SpikeTV in the US which is why that deal got done. The Bravo channel in the UK is probably as good as any really, other than one of the main Sky channels (like SkySports for instances which hosts all WWE shows in the UK) the only downside is the near week delay we have.

PPV's though are like I said, shown on the XSC (eXstreme Sports Channel) a few days after the event for free but the channel isn't all that well known or well advertised. I only found about TNA PPV's being shown there through wrestling news websites.