What type of matches do you want 08?

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 BLUE_INC

BLUE_INC

CODE-X's ONLY 6 Ft 6 BLUE MONSTER BLUE_INC!

• Code-X Member
  • 871 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:32 AM

Ok I want to know what types of matches you people want to see in WWE SmackDown Vs Raw 2008?
To see the list of different types of matches: Click here
You can pick any from the match!

I want to see the inferno match from the wcw mayhem game. Where you actually had to hit your opponent with a flamming weapon. I don't have pics for it but it was nothing like todays inferno matchs.

#2 rsoberano

rsoberano

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 231 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 10:04 AM

I'd like 2 see the Punjabi Prison match, inferno, luchas de apuestas (masks and hair) and i know it's not on the list but i would like hardcore matches where you can move to different venues like you start in the ring and you could end up somewhere backstage and even on the streets.

#3 Scott

Scott

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 11:34 AM

i agree BLUE_INC

#4 extreme13

extreme13

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 04:26 PM

View PostScott, on Feb 3 2007, 03:34 PM, said:

i agree BLUE_INC

1.4 on 4 ellimination Match,Survivor Series Style,

2.Old School Matches like the Texas Bull rope match.

3.Inferno Match.

4.The Lions den match,Like Jericho had against Shamrock,(more or less a UFC Octagon cage match)

5.The Strap match,Where the Winner Gets to give the loser 10 lashings with a leather strap.

6.The old WCW,War games match,2 to 4 team style,Where it's two rings enclosed in a steele cell,With To men entering at the start,then every 2 mins another team member enters,That was cool,In case no one remembers it's the match where Arn Anderson Hurt his neck and had to Retire.

7.The Torture Chamber,Where the Ellectic Chair is set up in side the cage,The only way to win,Is to Ellectorcute the other guy.

That's all I have right now,But I think those would be fun.

A few things I would love to see in 08,Is better use of the PS3/360 Harddrives,Allowing for custom Music and Video on CAE,And More opptions for CAS,The layers are too limited in 07,And the Clothing styles need a lot of work,But the one thing I will miss in 08 will be the Angleslams&Ankle locks,Since Angle has Defected to TNA Expect those moves to be out of 08.Oh well.

#5 Friday Night Smackdown

Friday Night Smackdown

Cena Fan

• Code-X Member
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 05:41 PM

I would like to see Punjabi Prison match and also that match that they had one time where they are inside a steel cage and they have to put someone in an electric chair and electricute them to win the match. I don't know what that match is called though but I just know wwe had it once

#6 Change of Fatex13

Change of Fatex13

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 157 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 05:51 PM

I want to see a barbed wire rope match. That'd be fun.

#7 dttm667

dttm667

The end result is always your money in my tray. 7, 14, 21.

• Code-X Member
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 08:53 PM

I'd like to see them fix the problems that have plagued the last 2 games, and fix GM mode. Screw new match types, honestly they need to focus on a functioning game rather flashy new things.

#8 BLUE_INC

BLUE_INC

• Code-X Member
  • 871 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 10:37 PM

View Postdttm667, on Feb 5 2007, 08:53 PM, said:

I'd like to see them fix the problems that have plagued the last 2 games, and fix GM mode. Screw new match types, honestly they need to focus on a functioning game rather flashy new things.
I've got to agree with you on that point!! Like fix all the moves so they can all be counterd!

#9 wembley1967

wembley1967

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 259 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 03:26 PM

I agree.I would also like to see them put back in a few of the moves that they ripped oout of this year's SVR.
If I had to pick an new match type I would like to see a Last Ride/Ambulance match.
It would be nice if characters who use aerial finishers made some attempt to use them.
At least the fixed the tag team problem where almost ever com vs com match ended in a countout.

#10 ~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

Code X's Princess

• Code-X Member
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:05 PM

View Postdttm667, on Feb 5 2007, 06:53 PM, said:

What are the problems that plagued the last 2 games Dttm667. Oh and I hope on the next game, the special guest referees have an entrance also, I don't know why they took it off and I want the referee's to ref more match types. Also I hope they concentrate on online features also because this years online in Smackdown vs raw is garbage. They also better have a boot out feature, so i can boot out the people that i do not like. Also, the female wrestlers has to be in more match types and also be able to ref in more match types and please fix the lag. That is what I want.

Oh and Extreme13 about your WCW war games match, you know WWE isn't going to put that in a WWE game and that match never happened in WWE. Some of you guys are already having hi hopes of putting matches and asking to much and all but look what happened, when you had hi hopes for Smackdown vs Raw 2007.. It turned into garbage. That's why I only wish for the basic and easy parts.

#11 BLUE_INC

BLUE_INC

• Code-X Member
  • 871 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:58 PM

View Post~ReBeCCa ThE NoBoDy~, on Feb 8 2007, 07:05 PM, said:

What are the problems that plagued the last 2 games Dttm667. Oh and I hope on the next game, the special guest referees have an entrance also, I don't know why they took it off and I want the referee's to ref more match types. Also I hope they concentrate on online features also because this years online in Smackdown vs raw is garbage. They also better have a boot out feature, so i can boot out the people that i do not like. Also, the female wrestlers has to be in more match types and also be able to ref in more match types and please fix the lag. That is what I want.

Oh and Extreme13 about your WCW war games match, you know WWE isn't going to put that in a WWE game and that match never happened in WWE. Some of you guys are already having hi hopes of putting matches and asking to much and all but look what happened, when you had hi hopes for Smackdown vs Raw 2007.. It turned into garbage. That's why I only wish for the basic and easy parts.

If that isn't the truth <_<

#12 ~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

Code X's Princess

• Code-X Member
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:11 PM

View PostBLUE_INC, on Feb 8 2007, 06:58 PM, said:

Would you mind asking me what isn't the truth Blue Inc?

#13 BLUE_INC

BLUE_INC

• Code-X Member
  • 871 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 12:39 AM

View Post~ReBeCCa ThE NoBoDy~, on Feb 8 2007, 09:11 PM, said:

View PostBLUE_INC, on Feb 8 2007, 06:58 PM, said:

Would you mind asking me what isn't the truth Blue Inc?

Sure what isn't that truth? lol

#14 The Fallen Angel

The Fallen Angel

Bite Size 3 Musketeers

• Code-X Legend
  • 12,878 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 09 February 2007 - 02:42 PM

Improve Parking Lot Brawl & Bar Brawl (Why do we have to KO the opponent)
*Why can't they just have a backstage brawl with 5-6 different areas like in the old SD!'s (ex: Parking Lot, Outside, Kitchen, Gym, etc)

Inferno Match

Surivor Series Elimination Match

#15 dttm667

dttm667

• Code-X Member
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:21 PM

Problems, How about the commentary for one. How about fixing the GM Mode glitch, announcers glitches, all around game glitches including glitches that have carried over from 06 when were talking about moves. How about fixing clipping issues (That have plagued all SD games) how setting up a better online server and provide lobbies. I could go on for weeks. Screw new match types, I want a functioning game.

How about a feature that doesnt allow you to go online when a cheat is activated. Just like they limit caws online.

#16 wembley1967

wembley1967

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 259 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:23 PM

I agree.

#17 dttm667

dttm667

• Code-X Member
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:50 PM

if they want to give us a flashy new thing, give us match specific finishers. Or more UCM's. Improve on what is already there.

#18 BLUE_INC

BLUE_INC

• Code-X Member
  • 871 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 08:12 AM

View Postdttm667, on Feb 9 2007, 09:50 PM, said:

if they want to give us a flashy new thing, give us match specific finishers. Or more UCM's. Improve on what is already there.
I agree 100%

#19 DesTiNys_ChiLD

DesTiNys_ChiLD

KiD2ExQuiSiTe UTD

• Code-X Member
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 01:42 PM

i would like to see i quit match like they had in shut your mouth i think or have a texas bull rope match but i dont count on it

#20 BLUE_INC

BLUE_INC

• Code-X Member
  • 871 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 04:56 PM

View Postobi191, on Feb 10 2007, 01:42 PM, said:

i would like to see i quit match like they had in shut your mouth i think or have a texas bull rope match but i dont count on it
Me 2 cause I had few of those and they were all good!!

#21 ~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

Code X's Princess

• Code-X Member
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 09:02 PM

View Postdttm667, on Feb 9 2007, 06:21 PM, said:

Problems, How about the commentary for one. How about fixing the GM Mode glitch, announcers glitches, all around game glitches including glitches that have carried over from 06 when were talking about moves. How about fixing clipping issues (That have plagued all SD games) how setting up a better online server and provide lobbies. I could go on for weeks. Screw new match types, I want a functioning game.

How about a feature that doesnt allow you to go online when a cheat is activated. Just like they limit caws online.
You can go on for weeks? hmm then why don't you post every problem here and you might be lucky if a worker sees it.

#22 dttm667

dttm667

• Code-X Member
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 09:13 PM

I might be lucky? You dont know who your talking to here. If it wasnt for bad luck I'd have none at all.....Although I can say when standing on the "OTHER" side of the blackjack table I can take your money all night long, too bad it goes to the house :lol:

There is no sense in it really. SVR2006 had a few glitches that werent so bad, and the game was great. This year although it is still a great game I'm very dissapointed in the product. The thing I looked most forward to was GM mode this year, only to have that nasty little glitch that takes away why I wanted to play the damn game to begin with. After a week I pretty much figured the damage rate in this game is INSANE, matches go way too fast, and now I have to figure out how to fix it. I had to fix the weighclass issue. I shouldnt have to use my cheat device to fix the mistakes that YUKES made when developing the game. Their usually too focussed on the "NEW ADDITIONS" this last year I think they focused too much time on the damn sweat system and graphics for the 360 that everything else in the game was overlooked. The new grappling system was the best new addition, but even that has it's flaws when compared to what we had in svr2006, while UCM's and hotspots were a huge step forward, we took a huge step backward in losing double KO, the sleeper system, and pre-match mini-games. They focused on two areas to WOW us, and it did. Now after the novlety has worn off we can see GM mode for the eyesore that it is this year, and the rest of the glitches are no longer less annoying, in fact it's just another reminder of what I spent $50 on....CRAP. 06 is a better product all around, but it's the control scheme that will keep me comming back to 2007.

The next edition I could give 2 shits about flashy new updates. I want the gltiches fixed, especailly GM mode. And possibly some more depth in GM mode itself. Otherwise it's a great game engine to continue building off of. As for you nex-gen players, I tend to agree with others when they say that the PS2 is going to hold back the SD! series cause if we are to get a PORT of the 360/PS3 game, or vice-versa it's going to hold back what can be done overall on the nex-gen systems.

I say to hell with new match types, we have plenty....Give us better gameplay, more depth in the stamina system, more depth in GM mode, and damnit all an overall damage slider would work WONDERS.

#23 ~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

Code X's Princess

• Code-X Member
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 09:21 PM

I hope your not thinking that I disagree with you because your making it sound like that.. I agree with you on everything.

#24 dttm667

dttm667

• Code-X Member
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 09:23 PM

Never said you did, just wondering why you want me to go through the trouble of listing all the gameplay issues.

#25 BLUE_INC

BLUE_INC

• Code-X Member
  • 871 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 01:42 AM

View Postdttm667, on Feb 10 2007, 09:23 PM, said:

Never said you did, just wondering why you want me to go through the trouble of listing all the gameplay issues.
I dont know about game play issues but I will tell you ppl one thing i wouldnt mind getting removed from next years game! And thats the make your own ppv mode! To tell everyone the truth of what i think about it sucks who cares if you wanta make a ppv for uummm ah derr thats what GM mode is for! Take out the make your own ppv mode and their you go more room for more stuff on the game! weather it be whatever. Cause I think that mode is gay!