• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#26 Low Ki RKO

Low Ki RKO

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 312 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 09:31 PM

im really ****ing pissed bout london and kendrick and shelton...but..im so ****ing hyped my fav hardcore wrestlers made it..FUNK AND SABU :D

Don't censor bypass
-KGB

#27 D_Money

D_Money

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 09:43 PM

View PostKarmaRocketX, on Sep 3 2007, 09:56 PM, said:

View PostTheOneKBD, on Sep 2 2007, 12:40 AM, said:

I love how here everyone hasn't lost their minds. I personally am still very much excited about the game.
Kenny Dykstra sort of came out of nowhere.

You got dat shit right I didn't expect him to be in

Edited by TheKGBIsAfterYou, 04 September 2007 - 03:50 AM.

#28 undertaker ba

undertaker ba

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Legend
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 09:44 PM

Ill be happy with the roster but still disapointed of how small it is. On a lighter note though apperently they are giving us character specific items in CAW Mode witch i assume is for certain wrestlers in specific.

#29 D_Money

D_Money

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 09:49 PM

Did anybody notice dat DS is da only system dat has Hardcore Holly?

#30 Nemephosis

Nemephosis

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 540 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 10:22 PM

Non playable characters on anything but the PS2, you mean. ;)

That's, um... that's looking like a pretty lame roster. But at least the recently-released CRYME TYME is in it. (Loved those guys, hope they get rehired one day.)

#31 ThreeG

ThreeG

CAWs.ws Administrator

• Code-X Member
  • 795 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 10:43 PM

I'm just a little lost at the moment.
Why does the PSP version have MORE superstars than the "Next Gen" consoles? Isn't that a little stupid?
WHY on earth would they make Jillian Hall non-playable on the DS version and not in the main PS3/360 versions AT ALL?
Jillian Hall does ACTUALLY wrestle, whereas Kelly Kelly doesn't, yet they made her playable?

I'm a little annoyed over it. No WGTT, no Cade & Murdoch... NO EDDIE GUERRERO on the main consoles? How stupid is THAT?
Sabu was released before RVD left, yet there is no RVD but there is Sabu... O_O

I just think its pretty ******* to have a smaller roster on the "next gen" consoles.

Bleh.

#32 KarmaRocketX

KarmaRocketX

Makes examples by not becoming one.

• Code-X Member
  • 699 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 11:04 PM

View PostThreeG, on Sep 2 2007, 02:43 AM, said:

I'm just a little lost at the moment.
Why does the PSP version have MORE superstars than the "Next Gen" consoles? Isn't that a little stupid?
WHY on earth would they make Jillian Hall non-playable on the DS version and not in the main PS3/360 versions AT ALL?
Jillian Hall does ACTUALLY wrestle, whereas Kelly Kelly doesn't, yet they made her playable?

I'm a little annoyed over it. No WGTT, no Cade & Murdoch... NO EDDIE GUERRERO on the main consoles? How stupid is THAT?
Sabu was released before RVD left, yet there is no RVD but there is Sabu... O_O

I just think its pretty ******* to have a smaller roster on the "next gen" consoles.

Bleh.

Actually, that does seem suspicious. I mean, now that you bring it all up like that.

I'm wondering if it's at all possible that they have some information somewhat incorrect.

After all, IGN reported last year that Eugene was in the game, only to have WWE correct IGN and print a retraction.

I don't know exactly, but there's a possibility that there's more to this story.

#33 DTM

DTM

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Legend
  • 7,556 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 03 September 2007 - 11:11 PM

Wow great way to use next-gen consoles</sarcasm>

I doubt i am even picking this up anymore as none of the new features interest me & the roster sucks.
If there is DLC it will probably cost money.
There is to many guys that i would have to create that just makes it useless to me.

I'll stick with 07 even though that isn't to great but at least i won't waste anymore money.

#34 daniel.JR

daniel.JR

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 107 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 12:27 AM

damn i wanted hulk hogan in it!!!!!!!!hes one of my favourite wrestlers <_<

#35 glennsoe

glennsoe

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 581 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 12:36 AM

I'm PRETTY pissed of at this weak roster !!

How can Thq and wwe defend that Rvd, London, Kendrick, Balls, Thorne, Victoria & Yang didn't make it??

There HAS to be downloadable superstars now, or else this is the weakest line up in YEARS !!!

ONLY thing that can save this years game is;

* downloadable wrestlers (be able to download from previous games)

* a GREAT caw mode with 50 caw slots

* Better gameplay

We should be able to download wrestlers from previous games...

Boogeyman, Benjamin & RVD from last year and London from 2 years ago might help...

#36 Shadow™

Shadow™

Code X Join Date: March 15, 2005

• Code-X Member
  • 11,732 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:17 AM

Seriously guys, stop bitching. It's not gonna do any good. I personally don't mind too much since I use CAWs way more than the Superstars anyways.

#37 KarmaRocketX

KarmaRocketX

Makes examples by not becoming one.

• Code-X Member
  • 699 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:38 AM

View PostJeff™, on Sep 2 2007, 06:17 AM, said:

Seriously guys, stop bitching. It's not gonna do any good. I personally don't mind too much since I use CAWs way more than the Superstars anyways.

I wholeheartedly agree with that.

I disagree, honestly, rather vehemently with the people that have been bitching about the roster, nonstop.

There are only a few small omissions of wrestlers that didn't make the cut, and they are, in all honesty, very minor.

I continue to be literally shocked and surprised and even overwhelmed by the incredibly unfair and negative reaction that this roster has gotten, which it doesn't deserve at all.

The omissions are minor, at best. Nearly the ENTIRE roster that was expected was included aside from some tag teams that just didn't make the cut, and one or two omission like Kevin Thorn.

In all honesty, these, in no way are things to even get the least bit upset about. I still see no glaring problems in the roster, and this unnecessary and flat out ridiculous hysteria that has come up over a roster that is really quite decent, is unbelievable how many peopel are bitching over really nothing important.

And to find that even a Code-X moderator has written a poorly biased and nearly ranty article in a section that SHOULD be made up of factual information and not fluff-opinion peices is only adding fuel to this insane hysteria, that I'm feeling very baffled by.

The fact is that there are always a few wrestlers that don't make the cut, and it's usually always over-dramatized by people that are essentially crying and really, whining becuase they didn't really get EVERYTHING exactly the way they wanted it. And why no one else sees just how grating on the nerves this is becoming, is baffling me even more.

I seriously think that this "drama queen" hysteria over a roster that is really actually pretty decent should stop, becuase everyone is taking this way too far, and to be honest, I just don't get where all this crap is coming from.

I don't know why people are so ceaselessly bitching over the most elitist details over a few wrestlers that didn't make the game, but it's really starting to sound very self-indulgent, very over-dramatized, very unnecessary, very whiny, and very very unfair.

I see no real problems with the roster overall. Rather this ridiculous "wave of dissapointment" are a lot of people taking something way too seriously that, in reality, is not serious nor damaging to the game at all.

To see that people are bitching way more about a few minor omissions this year than they've ever done before, when essentially it's not any more of a dissapointing roster than the series has ever had before, is.. i'll say it.. just plain stupid.

The bitching that this has been getting from people taking this way too seriously and way too over-the-top is amazing, and as someone actually looking at this issue with some common sense, I feel blindsided from all of these, ridiculous, over-dramatic rants over a roster that is basically decent.

The omissions are minor. It's not like they left out any of the most important wrestlers. The ones being left out are FAR from being top-tier talent in the WWE. Plus, they have space issues to work with, and this "disappointment" only stems from people's extremely unrealistic vision of having every name included.

I don't know how unrealistic or high people had their expectations set this year, but something is seriously wrong, when people are bitching and whining THIS MUCH over a fine roster. EVen threatning boycotts over 5 or so wrestlers, total that didn't make it into the game? Out of HOW MANY that got included?

Come on. Even the most jaded person has to stand back, look at this picture and see somethign very wrong with the ridiculous attitudes that are sprining up out of nowhere.

Out of the entire roster, I only see a few missing that actually seemed certain to miss the game, and in fact, none of them are that important.

This is getting ridiculous, and I think I also have to voice an extreme dislike for Sergio's biased and silly rant piece, which I think was over-dramatized and in poor taste. Especially from a source that I was actually starting to RESPECT for it's ability to leave all of the very annoying "editorializing" out of it.

I actually thought that out of all the major sites, Code-X might be one of the few places where one can find information without drama, hysteria, and whining. But I'm starting to think I was wrong for giving that credit.

Edited by KarmaRocketX, 04 September 2007 - 02:42 AM.

#38 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:49 AM

I respect your opinion, but I have mine too. I stated very well what is wrong with the game across all consoles.

This is fine for a PS2 game, but on the 360 and PS3, it's a different ball game. If this game was PS2 exclusive, then I'd just sit and be less disappointed with the roster. My main issue is how on earth can a roster like that not be increased for next gen? How? Can't be space anymore because we're dealing with better consoles.

The DS is a portable N64 and SvR08 can not compare to WWF No Mercy. What the hell?

I've stating my feelings very well and with great thought. You just don't like that I don't feel like you.

Edit:

I'm sorry, but debating this with you is probably not healthy because you have already gone on to proclaim the omissions as "minor" and therefore my wishes for this game are not going to mean much for you.

I'm a huge Diva fan. They look hot and watching hot girls is something I love. Because this is WWE ("wrestling") and it has divas, it pleases me to see women kicking some ass and being physical in the ring with "wrestling" entertainment maneuvers. With that said, it is a big loss to me to not have Trish Stratus or Lita as a Legend. They are the female equivalents of Austin and The Rock IMO and those two always make it in as Legends. It really bothers me to see the divas get crapped on with every game. When the Xbox 360 came out, I said "cool, now maybe we can expect more characters." Sadly, this roster isn't helping as it seems to continue the size of the PS2. Let's not forget that Victoria has been missing from SmackDown for 3 years now. Clearly you have to be smart enough to question that seeing as how she's been active and CAN wrestle. I'm realistic, therefore I was not having high hopes on Beth Phoenix, or other divas that can't wrestle despite not minding having as much as possible in. Another minor annoyance is that Queen Sharmell has been by Booker T's side for a long time now and she's not even in, in any form. Manager only, non playable, nothing.

Moving on, I have to question the omission of the tag division. Lance Cade and Murdoch are current champs and have been around and active long enough to make it. Same for Kendrick and London whom by the way, were not in '06 despite being champs for a long time. No Haas and Benjamin? Also, Sabu left the company way in advance over RVD and yet Sabu makes it in and not RVD. Gregory Helms makes it despite being inactive for so long and we don't get Deuce and Domino. Last year they made the effort to include Umaga, Mark Henry, and Khali.... 3 superstars who were hailed to not make it.

I don't know about you (maybe I do), but to me that's a large omission. If a handful of these people I mentioned were in it on top of what they already confirmed, I'd be much happier.

I'm not boycotting the game or saying it's going to suck real bad, but I can dislike the roster size for what is supposed to be "next-gen." It's on you if you can't respect that.

#39 Shadow™

Shadow™

Code X Join Date: March 15, 2005

• Code-X Member
  • 11,732 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 04 September 2007 - 03:07 AM

As long as the Roster is decent, and the features are good, then I'm happy. If a Superstar or two, or three, etc. don't get put into the game, I'm not going to be devasted and ***** about it, just as long as the Roster is decent enough.

The DS version of this game looks even worse than WWF No Mercy for Nintendo 64, graphics wise & roster size. Personally, I'd play WWF No Mercy over WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008 for the DS anyday.

Edited by Jeff™, 04 September 2007 - 03:09 AM.

#40 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 03:27 AM

View PostJeff™, on Sep 4 2007, 04:07 AM, said:

As long as the Roster is decent, and the features are good, then I'm happy. If a Superstar or two, or three, etc. don't get put into the game, I'm not going to be devasted and ***** about it, just as long as the Roster is decent enough.

The DS version of this game looks even worse than WWF No Mercy for Nintendo 64, graphics wise & roster size. Personally, I'd play WWF No Mercy over WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008 for the DS anyday.
I agree with you on the DS part, but about not having 2 or 3 superstars in I disagree because my edit above states at least 5 or more that would have been great additions. CAWs just don't cut it because they never look good against real superstars.

#41 DTM

DTM

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Legend
  • 7,556 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 03:45 AM

I can deal with Caws fine but with usually only 30 spots & many guys missing every year it seems as if i barely have spots to make original guys.

Not even minor guys to me i can't count how many times i played a match as Shelton or RVD.

Also London & Kendrick for tag champs for a year & have not been in a game together yet we get Chris Masters who hasn't done anything in the past few months hell he never held a title at all.

Legends is the only thing i like in this personally well sort of cause less legends mean more superstars but seems like we got less of both so not even that is good. One thing though where is eddie? Oh yeah the PSP version which no one cared about for the last 2 games that came out on it.

#42 HitmanFan246

HitmanFan246

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 487 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 03:54 AM

Serg, Helms has been "inactive" due to a broken neck.

View PostHitmanFan246, on Sep 1 2007, 11:41 PM, said:

He had to get neck fusion surgery, he'll be back in about a year.
It's harsh to bash him for being in despite his absence. For the developers to say "Hey Gregory Helms broke his neck and has been out for awhile, lets act like he didn't risk his wellbeing for his fans and take him out of the game, people wont care." would be effed up.

#43 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 03:57 AM

The roster that's in right now is pretty ****ing sexy if you ask me. A hell of a roster. However, I can't ignore the fact that WGTT, Cade & Murdoch, and London & Kendrick failed to make the game. What kind of shit is that? Taz is taken out as a playable character, yet he was a huge part of the original ECW. I don't recall seeing Cactus Jack either. I'm a little suspicious with this roster count, and can only hope they were wrong somewhere down the line.

Edit: How the hell can you have the "ECW" feel without RVD?

#44 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:01 AM

Yes but injured superstars don't usually make it. Big Show was not in WWF No Mercy simply because he was gone for a long while. He was injured too and was kept off TV so he can lose more weight. They did include his CAW parts which was nice. However, when superstars are gone for a long time, it means they aren't doing anything on WWE television and therefore they would not be good choices to be in the game. Look at Hardcore Holly... he's been injured too many times and because of it he's not in wrestling games. His addition in SvR06 was a surprise to many considering he was gone. I'm not bashing Helms at all, I'm bringing attention to why he's in over someone who's filling TV time.

#45 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:07 AM

Show missed the cut because they bumped him down to OVW for being lazy and out of shape, though through the good ol' GS you could unlock his face.

As for Helms not being in, it won't stop me from buying the game. Sure he's a great superstar, but I rarely use him. The guys they have included right now are great, but there are a few others I would have liked to see in.

#46 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:14 AM

View PostTheKGBIsAfterYou, on Sep 4 2007, 05:07 AM, said:

The guys they have included right now are great, but there are a few others I would have liked to see in.
My sentiments exactly right there.

I think a particular poster made me out to look like I was all furious with this game. I'm disappointed with the roster size and some roster decisions but I am entitled to it.

#47 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:16 AM

We all are, especially if we're going to pay $60 to play it. Since we're paying hard earned money to play their game, we have every right to complain or make suggestions to make playing it more enjoyable.

#48 glennsoe

glennsoe

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 581 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 05:41 AM

I won't loose too much sleep over the roster cause the positives outweigh the negatives right now...

Positives;

* Sabu, Dreamer, Sandman, Rude and Funk are IN
* Joey Styles on commentary
* Extreme rules match (could be fun or could be a mess)

Negatives;

* Kendrick, London & Rvd not in
* Almost the same legends as last year

#49 Low Ki RKO

Low Ki RKO

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 312 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 05:54 AM

i hope

stone cold is his-stunning steve gimmick
the rock is-rocky maiva
rude-in his old days
sabu-silver pants
edge-red,blue,WM23 pants

but did any 1 notice ECW has at least only 5 guy wrestlers lol...WHERES BALS!!!!!!!!!!!! <_<

#50 JeRicHo0L

JeRicHo0L

Code-X Made SvR06 Legendary!

• Code-X Member
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 07:07 AM

where the **** is eddie guerrero...pathetic...but snitzky is in
well im also pissed that shelton haas deuce domino victoria wangyang london and kendrick aint in

BUT dont forget that they will give us updates just like downloadable wrestlers :D
so im happy again, no roster will ever be up to date and perfect but the download feature is the next big step to a better game :)

im glad to see dat cor von is in yet, cant wait to see how they made da pounceeeeeeeeeeee