• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#51 glennsoe

glennsoe

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 581 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 07:34 AM

Downloadable superstars have NOT been confirmed by the right sources yet..

:wallbash:

#52 The Fallen Angel

The Fallen Angel

Bite Size 3 Musketeers

• Code-X Legend
  • 12,878 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:41 AM

Why are there 20 non-playables???

Armando Alejandro Estrada
JBL (Suit)
Jerry Lawler
Jim Ross
Joey Styles
Jonathan Coachman
Justin Roberts
Lillian Garcia
Maria
Michael Cole
Mickie Henson
Mike Chioda
Nick Patrick
Shane McMahon (Suit)
Stephanie McMahon
Tazz
Theodore Long
Tony Chimel
Triple H (Suit)
Vince McMahon

#53 Rabbit

Rabbit

Dream like you live forever, Live like you die tomorrow!

• Code-X Member
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:42 AM

From Ign.com confirmed roster

Chances are, we've lost you. Either the announcement that we have every character in the game caved your head in with awesomeness or you've skipped down to the bottom to check out which of your favorite Superstars made the cut. Fair enough, but SmackDown's true fans know what this announcement means -- the countdown is coming.

Tomorrow, IGN's annual SmackDown Countdown begins and will bring you an in-depth look at a new champion of the squared-circle each day. Who will be up first? You'll have to wait about 24 hours to find out.

maybe the countdown will confirm more wrestlers?

#54 The Fallen Angel

The Fallen Angel

Bite Size 3 Musketeers

• Code-X Legend
  • 12,878 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:47 AM

View Postrabbit, on Sep 2 2007, 04:42 AM, said:

From Ign.com confirmed roster

Chances are, we've lost you. Either the announcement that we have every character in the game caved your head in with awesomeness or you've skipped down to the bottom to check out which of your favorite Superstars made the cut. Fair enough, but SmackDown's true fans know what this announcement means -- the countdown is coming.

Tomorrow, IGN's annual SmackDown Countdown begins and will bring you an in-depth look at a new champion of the squared-circle each day. Who will be up first? You'll have to wait about 24 hours to find out.

maybe the countdown will confirm more wrestlers?

Hopefully. This seems like a bad dream.

#55 Rabbit

Rabbit

Dream like you live forever, Live like you die tomorrow!

• Code-X Member
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:51 AM

i cant see how ds has hardcore holly but no one else

if this was done on purpose by thq they have pissed alot of people off that probably wont buy the game

especially ps2 users that cant download updates for it!!!Like ME!!!!!!!!!!111

#56 glennsoe

glennsoe

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 581 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:58 AM

I doubt more superstars are to be named.

#57 The Fallen Angel

The Fallen Angel

Bite Size 3 Musketeers

• Code-X Legend
  • 12,878 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:59 AM

View Postrabbit, on Sep 2 2007, 04:51 AM, said:

Its a very sad day for PS2 owners :(

#58 Low Ki RKO

Low Ki RKO

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 312 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 10:48 AM

thank god For B-days ..im GETTING A PS3 nov 17! =)

and i cant beleave i aint see supper crazy name up there....come on man hes SUPPER and CRAZYYYYY lol

he would b koo for this game

Edited by TheKGBIsAfterYou, 04 September 2007 - 01:40 PM.

#59 red_medicine

red_medicine

Ranger.

• Code-X Member
  • 3,484 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 04 September 2007 - 12:48 PM

Its sorta better then Smackdown! vs RAW's roster for sure. But no Kendrick & London....thats bullshit. And as said before

20 non playable characters. I mean WTF!?! Do we REALLY need Mickie Henson. And I hate when WWE fires Superstars right when we find out about the roster. Im not bumed about the whole roster. But at least London And Kendrick for god's sake. They were champ for almost forever on SD!. And NO Kevin Thorn...:(

But cause I have a 360...Im pretty happy fr the downloads.

#60 Hart

Hart

The only mod with a Hart

• Code-X Member
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 12:51 PM

View PostHitmanFan246, on Sep 3 2007, 08:32 PM, said:

I'm almost positive the next-gen consoles will make up for this in downloadable content. The current roster sucks only because they wanted the simultaneous releases for all the platforms to be equal. THQ/Yukes, no matter HOW lazy they are, wouldn't release a game this half-assed.

Oh god I only hope they fix the roster via online.

Maria as a NPC but not dive? Bull. We need her as a diva not NPC, same with Vince and Shane, the models are there. They have mover-sets, they just aren't being put in.

#61 adembroski

adembroski

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 01:15 PM

One tag team? Seriously, ONE tag team? NEITHER of the tag teams that were champions when the roster was apparently finalized?

NO Cade and Murdoch
NO Deuce and Domino
NO London and Kendrick
NO Worlds Greatest Tag Team

Those should have been the absolute MINIMUMS for tag teams (plus Cryme Time at the time).

So, uhh, who's going to be holding the tag belts by default?

This is just a horrid roster. It seems doubtful custom soundtracks'll be in...

It'd be nice if they'd at least throw in mo-cap entrances of the missing guys so we can make 'em fairly accurately.

#62 Brcherres

Brcherres

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 01:21 PM

View Postadembroski, on Sep 2 2007, 05:15 PM, said:

One tag team? Seriously, ONE tag team?
Actually.. there are a few tag teams this year.

Flair/Carlito, HBK/HHH, Rated RKO, The Rock and Foley, Cryme Tyme, MVP/Hardy and Burke/Cor Von, Hardyz, Helms Chavo, Nitro/Kenny, ECW originals (Sabu, Sandman, Dreamer), New Breed. -Credit ThreeG

I'm kinda dissapointed with the roster, they didn't include some of the superstars I was sure were going to be there (Shelton, London and Kendrick) and they didn't put in some minor superstars they always managed to get in (ex. Kid Kash last year, while Super Crazy wasn't in this year) cruiserweight roster is low and the legends erm.. I could care less but I'm hoping the 360 can download superstars cause I'd love to have more people.

#63 Sharpshooter93

Sharpshooter93

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

• Code-X Member
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:01 PM

i just got home from school and just saw the roster. my jaw just dropped. there are 4 tag teams that have been left out. how do u leave out the tag champs? :huh: I was really excited to play with kendrick and london, but that wont happen either. they also left out shelton, who is a great wrestler. I dont mind the fact that sabu is in. Even if he was released. but if that meant not putting in kendrick and london then i would rather have them. Even though the cover says ecw, thq clearly did not focus on ecw. these are the guys missing. balls, boogeyman, big daddy v, kevin thorn, and richards. i dnt know why thq would put in guys like dykstra, and helms, when so many other people can be put in for them. THQ better have a great caw mode. Hopefully yukes will not screw us with the hair and all that crap like last year. and on the list it says nitro, for some reason. In all i will prolly end up buying this game. its the only official wwe game on the market. if tna's game is better then thq will have to step up. hopefully competition will bring the best out of thq.

View PostBrcherres, on Sep 4 2007, 01:21 PM, said:

View Postadembroski, on Sep 2 2007, 05:15 PM, said:

One tag team? Seriously, ONE tag team?
Actually.. there are a few tag teams this year.Flair/Carlito, HBK/HHH, Rated RKO, The Rock and Foley, Cryme Tyme, MVP/Hardy and Burke/Cor Von, Hardyz, Helms Chavo, Nitro/Kenny, ECW originals (Sabu, Sandman, Dreamer), New Breed. -Credit ThreeGI'm kinda dissapointed with the roster, they didn't include some of the superstars I was sure were going to be there (Shelton, London and Kendrick) and they didn't put in some minor superstars they always managed to get in (ex. Kid Kash last year, while Super Crazy wasn't in this year) cruiserweight roster is low and the legends erm.. I could care less but I'm hoping the 360 can download superstars cause I'd love to have more people.
u said the hardyz twice lol

#64 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:03 PM

Those aren't legit tag team though. Those are just a mix and match of superstars that were put together for a stint on TV and not a real tag team like Kendrick and London. You really have to have a tag gimmick to be a legit tag team and not something like Rated RKO in which it is just a temporary alliance.

#65 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:30 PM

I see that the legends suck this year. No london man, who ever is making this game please watch WWE.

#66 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:31 PM

Legends don't really suck. I'm fine with the legends, who would you suggest?

#67 Sharpshooter93

Sharpshooter93

• Code-X Member
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:35 PM

the legends seem to be the same every year. i would have liked to see razor ramon, ricky steamboat, owen hart (will prolly never happen), old school shawn michaels.

Im very surpised at the fact that the ps3 does not have more superstars than any other console. blu ray has about 20-30 gb of memory. much more than the disks the 360 uses. realistically the ps3 could 80 or maybe even 90 superstars. THQ did not use all the tech the ps3 has to offer at all.

Edited by sharpshooter93, 04 September 2007 - 02:41 PM.

#68 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:41 PM

Ricky Steamboat and Taz are the only ones not in that I wanted.

#69 Sharpshooter93

Sharpshooter93

• Code-X Member
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:42 PM

steamboat would have been awesome. He is a great wrestler, and is simply one of the best.

#70 D_Money

D_Money

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:44 PM

View PostThe Fallen Angel, on Sep 4 2007, 10:59 AM, said:

View Postrabbit, on Sep 2 2007, 04:51 AM, said:

Its a very sad day for PS2 owners :(

Well at least we could hack to play wit all the NPC ^_^

#71 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:46 PM

Hmm id like

Yoko
Diesel (Not kevin trash)
Old Shawn Michaels
Razer

not

Rock, Austin, Mick, Bret im really get board of them now.

#72 Showtime

Showtime

the show goes on

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,622 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Administrator
  • Gallery:View

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:18 PM

A few more things to add...

About Booker T and Johnny Nitro. Could it not be possible that both may have an alternate attire which will have their updated gimmicks? We already know that King Booker's entrance, attire, and call name is in, and we know that there will be alternate attires for some superstars because we have seen multiple Rey Mysterio attires. Don't give up hope yet.

Another note on alternate attires, perhaps they made a larger amount of alternate attires for the in-game characters, thus limiting the roster size. Also with the new 24/7 mode, which is expected to be played in multiple seasons, there will be full voiceovers. Just think, with all the branching storylines it will have, we have to expect something else to give.

Something tells me there is something yet to be revealed, and as we move closer to the game's release date we will find that out. But for now I just wish everyone would stop acting like it's the end of the world. The CAW mode was put in place so we could build our own dream roster, so the roster given is not the limit.

And please stop comparing every wrestling game to WWF No Mercy. It was the perfect wrestling game, and we can't always expect perfection. It's like comparing every basketball star to Michael Jordan, there's no use because he had few flaws in his game.

My closing remarks... If you can't accept this game with the roster given then simply don't purchase it; allow those who can live with it to enjoy it. I know I will. My Kristal's not in, Shelton's not in, but I can live with that. This game will be awesome, I have no doubt in my mind.

#73 PrettyBoyAJ

PrettyBoyAJ

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Member
  • 5,171 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:21 PM

Wheres big gay vis? And to Kobe you can compare me to michael jordan lol *runs off*

#74 D_Money

D_Money

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:29 PM

View PostTheOneKBD, on Sep 4 2007, 05:18 PM, said:

Another note on alternate attires, perhaps they made a larger amount of alternate attires for the in-game characters, thus limiting the roster size. Also with the new 24/7 mode, which is expected to be played in multiple seasons, there will be full voiceovers. Just think, with all the branching storylines it will have, we have to expect something else to give.

& plus there are wayy more features added, dats probally another reason the roster is kinda small

#75 Brcherres

Brcherres

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:41 PM

Updated how the roster looks, thanks to the pinned topics at caws.ws