• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 JeRicHo0L

JeRicHo0L

Code-X Made SvR06 Legendary!

• Code-X Member
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 12:28 PM

Online Play On PS2 Version of SVR a No-Go?
Posted by TimmeH on 10/17/07

In the latest issue of PSM, they reviewed WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008. In there review, they stated that the PS2 version of the game will not feature online play.

The following is from the PSM review of SVR08:

"As expected of the PS2 version, the main difference between the two Smackdowns is the drop in graphical fidelity, though the Superstars' character models still look good for a PS2 game, the other visuals... not so much. Everything else is pretty much the same as the PS3 version, though, sadly, the online play has been stripped out. This is not necessarily a deal-breaker, but it does cut the game's lasting appeal a bit. Still, there's always the WWE 24/7 Mode to keep you occupied for quite a while, and you can still have plenty of fun just playing with some friends."

If this is the case, this is interesting news as the PS2 and it's games are still big sellers and many people haven't made the jump to "next-gen" yet.

Stay tuned to WrestlingGamers.com as we continue to bring you the latest news in the Wrestling Game world!

source: www.wrestlinggamers.com

#2 O-Yama³

O-Yama³

I'm Gay

• Banned
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 12:46 PM

If thats true then phew I just got a 360, but I really don't think that the PS2 will be stripped off the online mode, but its makes sense IMO, PS2 online sucked big time and not only that this will (if true) persuade gamers to buy next gen machines if they wish to play SDvsR08 online and maybe SDvsR08 will not be the only PS2 title to get the online mode stripped out, a dirty tactic maybe by sony to force people to buy the PS3..?

#3 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 12:49 PM

Imma pray and pray and pray that this isnt true.

#4 bigpapajohn

bigpapajohn

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 163 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 01:57 PM

this came off of gamestop it tells you the fetures the guy who says its stripped hes full of it go here

http://www.ebgames.c...oduct_id=281723

Superstar Fighting Styles: With eight Superstar Fighting Styles to choose from, playing WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 will never be the same. Each fighting style has its own unique strategy with exclusive moves, abilities, attributes and more. Take the fight into your own hands and feel the power of the Superstars.
Struggle Submission System: The new Struggle Submission System gives players intuitive and natural control over their WWE Superstars using the analog sticks. Realism and strategy are at the forefront, as players can now control the amount of pressure they apply.
ECW Presence: The life of a WWE Superstar isn't always pretty. ECW invades WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 with a variety of Superstars, arenas and weapons.
WWE 24/7 Mode: Combining the popular Season and General Manager Modes from previous Smackdown vs. Raw games, WWE 24/7 Mode embraces the intensity of the Superstar lifestyle. Multiple character developement options, stat tracking and career goals will guide players toward the ultimate achievement of becoming a Legend.
Giving Fans What They Want: WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 offers numerous updates, including new rosters, more enviornmental hotspots, improved out-of-ring action, enhanced online community support and much more!

#5 jajaja619

jajaja619

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 02:21 PM

i don't believe nothing.

Edited by Brolyfan, 17 October 2007 - 02:21 PM.

#6 RatedR.K.O

RatedR.K.O

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 02:32 PM

im with fallen angel too.i bearly got me a xbox 360 so i guess im safe with online.

#7 LILFATE

LILFATE

LILFATE "LEGEND STATUS"

• Code-X Member
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 02:51 PM

well i have em all but i like ps2 online hope its not true

#8 Showtime

Showtime

the show goes on

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,622 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Administrator
  • Gallery:View
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 17 October 2007 - 03:07 PM

The bigger news IMO is that there will be no online cheating... *cough* prbones haha you lose :P *cough*

#9 AntiChrist Superstar

AntiChrist Superstar

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,323 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 03:13 PM

im actaully happy this happend

#10 D_Money

D_Money

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 03:17 PM

Dis sum bullsh!t if its true, da game will began to get boring after a while wit no online play. I think dis is sum shitty information tho, I aint believing it.

#11 ~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

Code X's Princess

• Code-X Member
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 03:37 PM

If this is true then it's punishment for those who cheated in the game using those codes. It's also a sign. The sign says that it's time to get a Playstation 3 and put away the Playstation 2. It's time to move on. Cheating using codes is the thing of the past that will die in a few years. I feel bad but happy also.

#12 PrettyBoyAJ

PrettyBoyAJ

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Member
  • 5,171 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 17 October 2007 - 05:28 PM

Its not true and if somehow it is I refuse to buy the game for PS2...

#13 TheRealRKO

TheRealRKO

Code-X Rising Star

• Banned
  • 319 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 05:33 PM

Ok first off if u watch the interviews with cory whats his name he clearly says online is for all systems, i highly doubt thq would spend all that money on a game and not put in the online mode knowing people will not buy it, its a money issue here really. they've spent alot of time and money on this and they want to recoup for it so taking out online for the ps2 would kill them, all in all this topic is untrue so i would just close it

#14 The Fallen Angel

The Fallen Angel

Bite Size 3 Musketeers

• Code-X Legend
  • 12,878 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 17 October 2007 - 06:32 PM

I'm buying this for PS2 and I don't play online. If theres no Online for PS2 I'm actually glad because then people can't cheat

#15 HitmanFan246

HitmanFan246

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 487 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 06:38 PM

If this is true, I'm going to be pissed. Not because I'm getting it for PS2, I'm getting it for PS3, but because that if they did in fact take it out of the PS2 version they had NO reason not to improve the online this year.

#16 KarmaRocketX

KarmaRocketX

Makes examples by not becoming one.

• Code-X Member
  • 699 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 07:03 PM

GOOD.

PS2 shouldn't have online play. All people do is use Automatic Win codes and cheat, anyway.

Good riddance, PS2 online play. Don't let the door hit you wherever online play gets hit when it walks out a door. :P

#17 LILFATE

LILFATE

LILFATE "LEGEND STATUS"

• Code-X Member
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 07:04 PM

lol thats mean but ok

#18 Randy_Orton_4life

Randy_Orton_4life

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 336 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 07:24 PM

igns missing out on alot of cash
but i dont mind since i never use online

#19 KarmaRocketX

KarmaRocketX

• Code-X Member
  • 699 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 07:33 PM

View PostRandy_Orton_4life, on Oct 17 2007, 06:24 PM, said:

How is IGN losing money. They have nothing to do with the making the game. They just report news on it. O_o

Maybe you meant THQ. ...and anyway, I doubt they are going to lose any money on a service that's free.

Now, they probably WILL lose money by investing so much money into making the game for so many systems when only the PS2, 360, Wii and PS3 ones will sell. ...well i'm still not sure about the PS3 one selling very well.

But where they ARE bound to lose money is with the DS, Mobile and PSP versions. Seriously. Why invest cash to make a Mobile game that NO ONE will buy?

Edited by KarmaRocketX, 17 October 2007 - 07:34 PM.

#20 HmKurtAngle

HmKurtAngle

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 420 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 07:42 PM

i might have to jump to nintendo wii on the day it come out if i see no online log o on it...im jumpin to the wii

#21 KarmaRocketX

KarmaRocketX

• Code-X Member
  • 699 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 07:47 PM

View PostHmKurtAngle, on Oct 17 2007, 06:42 PM, said:

i might have to jump to nintendo wii on the day it come out if i see no online log o on it...im jumpin to the wii

Why? All they did was strip down the other versions and turn it into an arcade game for the Wii. That's the one out of all of them that'll probably get old and boring after about 2 hours.

I mean it's ok if you wanna just run around and do the punches and kicks for yourself, i guess. But it's going to be missing almost all of the other modes and features from the other ones.

Edited by KarmaRocketX, 17 October 2007 - 07:49 PM.

#22 Randy_Orton_4life

Randy_Orton_4life

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 336 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:03 PM

View PostKarmaRocketX, on Oct 17 2007, 06:33 PM, said:

View PostRandy_Orton_4life, on Oct 17 2007, 06:24 PM, said:

How is IGN losing money. They have nothing to do with the making the game. They just report news on it. O_o

Maybe you meant THQ. ...and anyway, I doubt they are going to lose any money on a service that's free.

Now, they probably WILL lose money by investing so much money into making the game for so many systems when only the PS2, 360, Wii and PS3 ones will sell. ...well i'm still not sure about the PS3 one selling very well.

But where they ARE bound to lose money is with the DS, Mobile and PSP versions. Seriously. Why invest cash to make a Mobile game that NO ONE will buy?

OOPPS THQ SRY
LOL

well ter taking everything off ps2 system even tho its gonna sell most this year and prob next year but ppl wont buy if it has nothing on it

#23 ~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

Code X's Princess

• Code-X Member
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:28 PM

View PostKarmaRocketX, on Oct 17 2007, 06:47 PM, said:

View PostHmKurtAngle, on Oct 17 2007, 06:42 PM, said:

Why? All they did was strip down the other versions and turn it into an arcade game for the Wii. That's the one out of all of them that'll probably get old and boring after about 2 hours.

I mean it's ok if you wanna just run around and do the punches and kicks for yourself, i guess. But it's going to be missing almost all of the other modes and features from the other ones.
Why do you care on what kind of game he buys. If he wants to buy the Nintendo Wii version, then he can buy the Wii version. You don't like the Wii version but he may like it.

#24 bigpapajohn

bigpapajohn

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 163 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 02:10 PM

wii suxs anyways

#25 ~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

Code X's Princess

• Code-X Member
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 02:15 PM

View Postbigpapajohn, on Oct 19 2007, 01:10 PM, said:

wii suxs anyways
The Nintendo Wii suxs for you but not for many other people.

Edited by ~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~, 19 October 2007 - 02:16 PM.