Online is Confirmed

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_scandalas_*

Guest_scandalas_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:06 PM

there has been alot of controversy towards where ps2 recieves online or not and the 1st thing to do is go to the source:svr08offical site, well they didnt list console specific features or online 4 ne systems so i looked at my secondary source:the offical playstation site itself. The site has detailed specific for 360 sayin x-box live while for the PS2 it says broadband only and network adaptor capatibilty [/color]check for urselves

Link Below

or copy and paste http://www.us.playst...own_vs_Raw_2008

#2 damed124

damed124

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:11 PM

i hope cause im getting the 360 soon but i wanna get this for ps2 before i get it for 360 , since the 360 is gonna be for like after Christmas or income tax time

#3 TheRealRKO

TheRealRKO

Code-X Rising Star

• Banned
  • 319 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:12 PM

Thank F*cking GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 PrettyBoyAJ

PrettyBoyAJ

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Member
  • 5,171 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:12 PM

I spent my SvR08 money on nba 2k8......PS2 better not have online

#5 TheRealRKO

TheRealRKO

Code-X Rising Star

• Banned
  • 319 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:14 PM

Well your still a mod iwish so be happy

#6 The Rob

The Rob

The People's Heel

• Code-X Member
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:20 PM

Okay, that's one source saying that there is online, but what about the three or four others that say there isn't?

#7 xGaMeRxIV

xGaMeRxIV

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 129 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:22 PM

^^You know you really can't be sure until the game for the ps2 actually comes out, i am not worring about this too much considering I have a 360.

#8 Guest_scandalas_*

Guest_scandalas_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:27 PM

with all do respect rob the sites sayin no online arent 100% reliable however just like the ps2 boxart at gamestop the offical playstation site says theres online 4 the PS2

note: i would believe there is online for there is no reason to remove it

#9 TheRealRKO

TheRealRKO

Code-X Rising Star

• Banned
  • 319 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:28 PM

well we have 2 more days til the uk release, so we will know then

#10 AntiChrist Superstar

AntiChrist Superstar

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,323 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:47 PM

IGN said no

Gamespot says no online

like 2 or 3 other sites say NO

if the ps2's got online that means 360/ps3 are gonna have same online as ps2 and well the ps2 online sucks!

#11 Randy_Orton_4life

Randy_Orton_4life

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 336 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:50 PM

Iwish u lucky...
But still chance no online
2 more days

#12 Guest_scandalas_*

Guest_scandalas_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2007 - 09:03 PM

u cant tell me ur gonna trust ign and magazines over the actual boxart and playstation site

#13 HitmanFan246

HitmanFan246

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 487 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 09:04 PM

When asked why wouldn't someone buy the game for the 360 if they could get basically the same game on PS2 minus music and graphics, Cory Ledesma replied "On our Xbox 360 game you can play online with your friends via Xbox Live. Our PS2 version will not feature online this year..." and the interview goes on. I don't care if Ledesma is a friggin idiot, he made the game, so I think he knows.

#14 KrossFire

KrossFire

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

• Code-X Member
  • 2,306 posts
  • Gallery:View
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 04 November 2007 - 09:09 PM

i know one reason why online wouldn't be on ps2 becuase of the n00b hackers who couldn't play fair....

#15 Guest_scandalas_*

Guest_scandalas_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2007 - 09:27 PM

no need to start gettin mad but whu would sony post online feature for the console wouldnt they now also

#16 D_Money

D_Money

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 09:53 PM

Hell Yea good find, Hopefully its true. Im getting more and more confident in thinking dat PS2 will have online dis year.

#17 BLUE_INC

BLUE_INC

CODE-X's ONLY 6 Ft 6 BLUE MONSTER BLUE_INC!

• Code-X Member
  • 871 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:02 PM

Well let me start off saying its good to back on CODE-X boards but now back on topic

View PostTheRealRKO, on Nov 4 2007, 08:12 PM, said:

Thank F*cking GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO SH*T!!!

View PostTheRob, on Nov 4 2007, 08:20 PM, said:

Okay, that's one source saying that there is online, but what about the three or four others that say there isn't?
And as far as it gose Rob I beleive they are going to put it in the PS2 game specialy because only Sony Entertainment has controll over what is posted on their site not only that why would they lie about it then that would force alot of us away from ever trusting Sony Entertainment ever again.

View Postscandalas, on Nov 4 2007, 09:03 PM, said:

u cant tell me ur gonna trust ign and magazines over the actual boxart and playstation site
I agree with you because like I said only Sony Entertainment can post stuff on the Playstation website! Not only that their the real people that have controll on if they want a certain thing in their game! If they dont want a certain thing in their game they tell the makers to take it out. And if its not taken out and they dont want to release they wont release it.

View PostHitmanFan246, on Nov 4 2007, 09:04 PM, said:

When asked why wouldn't someone buy the game for the 360 if they could get basically the same game on PS2 minus music and graphics, Cory Ledesma replied "On our Xbox 360 game you can play online with your friends via Xbox Live. Our PS2 version will not feature online this year..." and the interview goes on. I don't care if Ledesma is a friggin idiot, he made the game, so I think he knows.
Yes he knows but his company dosnt make the gaming systems like Sony.

#18 The Rob

The Rob

The People's Heel

• Code-X Member
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:20 PM

First of all, it has nothing to do with Sony whether online is in the game or not, that's up to Yukes. As for reasons why they wouldn't have it? Well, there are a couple. It costs money to maintain servers to keep the game running online and with PS3 going online they're probably cutting the PS2's online to both save money and also give people more incentive to buy the PS3 version rather than just getting the PS2 version. Did you think it was free for them to keep the games up and running online? Why do you think so many other companies are dropping support for the online in many of the older titles?

Also, whether you want to believe it or not, Sony is not infallible, they can and do make mistakes. Assuming that just because it's a Sony site it has to be true is foolish. Not to mention that the information they have could be outdated, after all we didn't start hearing about there being no online until more recently.

Anyway, in case you're not keep score. We've now got IGN, GameSpot, Destructiod, and even the creative manager of THQ, Cory Ledesma, all saying no to online being in the PS2 version.

I realize people desperately want to believe that online is in the PS2 version, but I'm going to say that the people who've actually had hands on time with the game, recently might I add, knows more than some Sony website which might very well be displaying outdated information.

Edited by TheRob, 04 November 2007 - 10:22 PM.

#19 TheRealRKO

TheRealRKO

Code-X Rising Star

• Banned
  • 319 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 11:42 PM

the creative manager of THQ, Cory Ledesma, all saying no to online being in the PS2 version.

What interview did he say this in?? also if thats the case of it not being free and what not why is sdvsraw the first one STILL online after two years???

#20 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 12:11 AM

The official PlayStation website would not be as reliable as a source like IGN.com or Gamespot.com because the official PlayStation website is not as close to the SvR08 product as IGN and Gamespot are. They actually get early demos and copies of the final product. IGN's review of SvR08 is based on the final retail build of the game. I don't understand how sites like IGN that have been around for over 10 years can be stated to not be reliable. How are they not reliable? They report news given to them as well as news they obtain from interviews and video game events. Their reports are 100% legit and they will also state when something should be taken with a grain of salt. Any information that turns out to be false or retracted will be rectified and explained by IGN.

I'm at a loss when someone would call a video game site like IGN, unreliable. That's like saying WWE's website is unreliable at posting WWE related news.

#21 Guest_scandalas_*

Guest_scandalas_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2007 - 07:23 AM

uh buddy h8 to dissapoint u but ign hasnt been 100% accurate and why would the playstation site put online broadband for ps2 for no apparent reason , why would theey assume somethin like that

#22 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 07:40 AM

Whoa :o

Thats the best thing a Guest has ever posted :lol: Awesome find dude, thats major news

#23 AntiChrist Superstar

AntiChrist Superstar

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,323 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 08:37 AM

on that ps2 site,

the game says

Players 1-2

Cody L said online would be up to 4 players only in online

#24 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

See the sig for where good television has gone.

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts
  • Location:Think Wizard of Oz, for that's all the information you're getting! :lol:

Posted 05 November 2007 - 09:32 AM

View Postscandalas, on Nov 3 2007, 11:23 AM, said:

why would the playstation site put online broadband for ps2 for no apparent reason , why would theey assume somethin like that
To make money off of an obviously dying system? Corporations lie out their ass all the time. For example, GamingRing promoted a CAW passward system for years before the game name change, but yet, such a system has yet to see the light of day.

#25 movesetmodelguy

movesetmodelguy

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:36 AM

Online or not. Still getting it for PS2 to hack for the green moveset model. B)