#1 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts
  • Gallery:View
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:06 PM

As the title says boys... (and possibly girls :unsure: ). Any way, any last minute predictions, spoilers and discussions can all go right here.

Discuss the 2011 WWE draft now!

• Guests

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:20 PM

View PostRyan, on 25 April 2011 - 12:06 PM, said:

(and possibly girls :unsure: )

Not a chance... :P

I made a blog on my personal site, basically it goes like this:

Daniel Bryan to SmackDown

David Hart Smith to SmackDown

Sin Cara to SmackDown

Evan Bourne to SmackDown

Santino Marella to SmackDown

Zack Ryder to SmackDown

Kelly Kelly to Raw

LayCool (split up) to Raw or SmackDown

The Nexus (some split up) to Raw or SmackDown

The Corre (some split up) to Raw or SmackDown

Yeah, half my roster would go to SmackDown, mainly the talent misused on Raw or who will be soon misused.

#3 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:35 PM

View PostRichard, on 25 April 2011 - 12:20 PM, said:

View PostRyan, on 25 April 2011 - 12:06 PM, said:

(and possibly girls :unsure: )

Not a chance... :P

Hey, you never know. lol. We've been suspicious of people in the past. :wacko:

As for your predictions. I can see most of them being likely.

I hope Miz moves to SD and fills the edge void. I know Edge was face in the end but there are rumours of Miz turning eventually and I feel Miz being the focus of SD like Edge was would be beneficial to him and the show.

I expect the midcard to be majorly shuffled as usual.

Bryan, Sin Cara, Bourne, Sheamus, Morrison R-Truth and DiBiase all to move in the main or supplementary draft to SD. Bryan and DiBiase need the move especially, IMO.

I also see Barrett, Del Rio, Christian and McCool moving to raw.

I see Nexus splitting up but staying put, maybe Otunga will end up on SD but the others I see filling up the raw midcard with Punk, Christian, Ziggler and Barrett, etc. While the old midcard who I've tipped to move to SD, get the airtime they deserve which will see one or two hopefully step up.

I'm probably 100% wrong but in my head I have it all worked out with how the next year in the WWE should plan out after the draft, lol.

#4 Blizzard

Blizzard

Ariana is my queen ♡

• Code-X Member
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:14 PM

Cena & Orton to Smackdown!

#5 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:19 AM

...and then Cena back to Raw 2 hours later, lol. As soon as Cena was drafted, no word of a lie, I said to myself, that won't last the entire night. It was made even more obvious when Orton was traded.

#6 Blizzard

Blizzard

Ariana is my queen ♡

• Code-X Member
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:02 AM

View PostRyan, on 26 April 2011 - 04:19 AM, said:

...and then Cena back to Raw 2 hours later, lol. As soon as Cena was drafted, no word of a lie, I said to myself, that won't last the entire night. It was made even more obvious when Orton was traded.
I haven't watched Raw yet but I'm furious about Cena getting traded back!

#7 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:09 AM

#1 draft of the supplementary draft is... Daniel Bryan to Smackdown! - I knew he'd move. :P

#8 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:39 PM

Official.

Jack Swagger -> Raw.

Great Khali -> SD!

Jimmy Uso -> SD! (EDIT:) Jey Uso is now also on SD!

Kelly Kelly -> Raw.

JTG -> Raw.

Alicia Fox -> SD!

William Regal -> SD!

Yoshi Tatsu -> SD!

Drew McIntyre -> Raw.

Natalya -> SD!

Curt Hawkins -> Raw.

Chris Masters -> Raw.

So far... More to come. IMO, SD! still needs more depth.

• Guests

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:50 PM

View PostRyan, on 26 April 2011 - 04:19 AM, said:

I was shocked that John Cena got drafted to SmackDown last night and I did believe it at first, but I figured it wouldn't last. Kind of a bad and predictable way to end Raw really with him going back to Raw in the end.

The Cena thing reminds me of when Triple H got drafted to SmackDown a few years ago, then on SmackDown Teddy Long secured a deal for like 3 other Raw Superstars with Eric Bischoff in exchange for him to go back to Raw.

Good draft other than that, the lovely Kelly Kelly will be back on Monday Night Raw! :blush:

#10 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:53 PM

Good draft, so far. The supplementary draft is still going... It's been lasting hours, lol.

I'm still hoping Barrett ends up back on raw. I'm a little disappointed that nexus/corre have been left unchanged. At least one of them two groups needs for something shocking to happen to them.

One good thing about the draft, Christian is a lock for WHC at Extreme Rules now with Del Rio on Raw... unless the WWE pulls a massive swerve and something drastic happens after the PPV.

EDIT:

23rd draft pick is Kofi Kingston -> Raw.

I hope he doesn't get lost due to the depth after that. A Sheamus/Kofi fued might be interesting though for the US title.

EDIT:

24th pick. Ted Dibiase Jr. -> SD!

• Guests

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:18 PM

I wonder how many draft picks there will be, we're at 23 so far so I'd assume they'd round it to at least 30 picks.

On a side note, I am now sick of this whole Michael Cole wrestling/promo/knighting crap, it wasted so much time Raw again this week. They should have ended it once and for all at WrestleMania, he is a damn commentator nothing more, leave the wrestling and story lines for the talented guys like Zack Ryder who is pushed aside each and every week for this total bullshit.

I love WWE but damn they can do some stupid shit sometimes.[/rant]

Get Zack Ryder over to SmackDown now!

#12 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:22 PM

I hated Cole's heel character in the beginning... warmed to it in the middle... and now I'm hating it again. Not because I should hate it in the way WWE wants but because Cole is just going OTT with it now and it is just becoming a cringe worthy segment each week. He still hasn't got it right on commentary either, one minute he's playing it straight and the next minute he's ridiculing someone, either do one or the other, not both, lol.

As for the draft. I'd bet on there being 30 or 35, any more than that and you'd just be moving everyone on one show to the next, lol.

I too hope Zack Ryder moves to SD! He's like DiBiase in the fact that they both got pushed down the pecking order on Raw to the point where they were near release despite having tons of potential to be top talent in the company for years to come.

#13 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:55 PM

25th - 27th picks.

Tyson Kid -> SD!

Tamina -> SD!

Tyler Reks -> Raw.

3 more picks left according to the wwe.com site manager in the live draft chat.

EDIT:

28 - Alex Riley -> SD!

• Guests

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:06 PM

This is killing me, come on Zack Ryder!

#15 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:10 PM

I think we are being built up for disappointment... unless Ryder gets a super push on raw. *fingers crossed*

EDIT: 29th pick - Beth Phoenix -> Raw.

EDIT: 30th pick - Sheamus -> SD!

#16 Zcrux

Zcrux

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:20 PM

Ughh SD! Needs way more IMO. the only big people they have now are the Undertaker, Kane, and Orton.

• Guests

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:40 PM

Well I enjoyed that, I'm exhausted from Tweeting so I'm glad it's over, lol.

Shame about Zack Ryder not getting the chance to jump ship to SmackDown and the lovely Rosa Mendes will have remain on SmackDown for the foreseeable future (at least until the "future endeavoured" line).

Happy with the overall outcome, SmackDown got the better end of the deal and will be a great show to watch in the coming weeks because of it.

#18 Blizzard

Blizzard

Ariana is my queen ♡

• Code-X Member
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:02 PM

I like all those moves. Good choices.

#19 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:02 AM

Evan Bourne soon to be released then clearly....

#20 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:41 AM

Unless he teams with rey again? As unbelievable as it sounds I wouldn't put it beyond the WWE to fued the giants (show and kane) with the midgets (rey and bourne). Or even fued rey and bourne... ultimately I think bourne will be safe, guys like dh smith, tatsu, chavo, hawkins, etc barely even get used, at least jobbing is a step up from that.

#21 DTM

DTM

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Legend
  • 7,556 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:39 AM

View PostRichard, on 26 April 2011 - 01:18 PM, said:

I wonder how many draft picks there will be, we're at 23 so far so I'd assume they'd round it to at least 30 picks.

On a side note, I am now sick of this whole Michael Cole wrestling/promo/knighting crap, it wasted so much time Raw again this week. They should have ended it once and for all at WrestleMania, he is a damn commentator nothing more, leave the wrestling and story lines for the talented guys like Zack Ryder who is pushed aside each and every week for this total bullshit.

I love WWE but damn they can do some stupid shit sometimes.[/rant]

Get Zack Ryder over to SmackDown now!

Woo Woo Woo! You Know It!

Glad to see CDX has some Zack Pack members. Dude isn't even on Raw/SD and he is more over than half the roster. Maybe Hawkins and him will start teaming again although their gimmicks seriously clash. Masters needs at least a midcard title push I hated him years back but he's improved so much in the ring and he is pretty over too.

Sheamus on SD can be great although I really hope the titles don't unify cause then we have the same few guys going after it on both shows and it would be terrible to develop anyone with.

Orton will get his chance to shine as top face on the show however this ruined Christians chance so **** this decision.

Del Rio being on Raw sucks no one cares about him anymore his fanbase online even died down once he cut the same promo 100 times leading to WM and even after it.

Rey I don't want on Raw I hate the underdog story with him especially when he wins 90% of the time. He's old use him to get Sin Cara over and let him retire or take on a light schedule.

Big Show is just a waste he will be on both shows anyway and should focus on teaming with Kane as that's the best thing he can do at this point.

All of Legacy is on SD that is a potential feud right there as the first never was that great. At the very least Ted and Cody feud over who was the better member or Cody and Orton feud over Ortin holding him down. Cody should win either one of these as he is one of the best things WWE has right now. Tell me a year ago I would ever say that I would laugh in your face.

Kofi is laughable it's just why constantly draft the same guy every year and not use him for anything important?

McIntyre should have stayed if only for a chance to form an alliance with Sheamus. These two can be huge if they do that and it's still possible if they want to dominate both shows. IC/US/Tag titles all at once would be great.

Usos amazingly still have jobs. Someone should inform WWE that it makes more sense to make a team credible before you go ahead and job them out.

One of the best moves is of course Daniel Bryan cause even if he doesn't get a well deserved push he at least gets to be on a show more wrestling focused meaning great matches weekly. Long feud with Regal please.

Lastly give Regal a thank you run with the title he's proven how great of an asset he is to the business with his training and he has always been a great heel and fans are always interested in him so let him get a world title on his resume and as an appreciation for all his work in and out of the ring.

#22 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:36 AM

Is it me? Or does Smackdown always get the better of the draft? Then a few months later, Raw somehow manages to still become the top show of the two despite having the least favorite roster.

• Guests

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:14 PM

View PostDday141, on 28 April 2011 - 10:36 AM, said:

Is it me? Or does Smackdown always get the better of the draft? Then a few months later, Raw somehow manages to still become the top show of the two despite having the least favorite roster.

That's a good observation, I mean you just have to look at the history of the WWE Draft to find that SmackDown always gets a better end deal but they never seem rise to it. It's probably a lot more to do with Vince putting more effort into Raw than SmackDown, or the writing of the show each week.

I might be wrong on this but I'm sure Randy Orton debuted on SmackDown where he did nothing memorable, then he got drafted to Raw (or just jumped ship) and joined Evolution where had success as World Heavyweight Champion.

Fast forward a few years Orton then got drafted back to SmackDown where he joined up with his Dad Bob Orton and had a mediocre feud with The Undertaker and again did nothing memorable other than that.

I'm not sure how long he stayed on SmackDown for but he eventually went back to Raw which has basically made him become a major player in WWE what with him holding countless WWE Championships, getting over with the fans (both heel and face), plus being in lots of memorable rivalries and storylines.

Basically it seems to me (and I could be wrong) Randy Orton has only become successful in WWE by being on Raw. I guess on the other hand there are so many Superstars who get buried on Raw that it seems to be a place that either makes or breaks a WWE Superstar, more often than not it is the latter of the two.

Whatever happens SmackDown will always be a B-show for WWE, a place to build up new talent ready for them to kill or be killed on Raw.

#24 DTM

DTM

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Legend
  • 7,556 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:24 PM

Smackdown to me actually usually gets wiped of all its talent like last year they got Edge and Jericho two guys who just main evented WM together. Edge was sent back of course but even then Raw got CM Punk.

I believe you're right about Orton somewhat he debuted on SD against Hardcore Holly I think and not long after went to Raw got injured but still showed up and when he returned he was a part of Evolution. However his second run on SD wasn't that bad he had the Taker feud which minus Bob Orton wasn't too bad and then had the Rey/Angle/Orton match at WM, I can't recall if he ever won the title on that run though. To be fair I don't think he was ever a face on SD so that held him back some since heels hardly ever get the win anymore.

#25 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:12 PM

I'm not sure if jumping ship means a definite great change in their careers. There are some that were just memorable on both brands. Two that comes to mind for me are Edge and Batista. Though Big Show doesn't seem to be affected by shows at all. It feels like he gets drafted every year but stays in the same level.