• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 James D

James D

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:38 PM

hi, is it possible that i could use the music that i have on my psp for a caw on my smackdown vs raw 2008 game??

please reply as this is verry important to me

#2 LILFATE

LILFATE

LILFATE "LEGEND STATUS"

• Code-X Member
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 02:03 PM

I dont think so on psp only 360

#3 The GJE

The GJE

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 521 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 05:25 PM

View PostLILFATE, on Jan 29 2008, 03:03 PM, said:

I dont think so on psp only 360

Only if you hack the game files and that is no easy task my friend.

#4 RSSTyger

RSSTyger

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 256 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 05:27 PM

i know i once made a copy of my umd and i tryed that and i messed everything up when ever i would go to the music selection screen in the game it would freeze

#5 HitmanFan246

HitmanFan246

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 487 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 06:44 PM

I was able to do it with 06 (only because the music files are individual files, not one big file, and they're not .yaf), but this year it's not, as it's the first appearance of the .yaf file in a video game for all the game contents (videos, music, etc.). It MAY be possible if we find some way to edit the .yaf file for the music. Don't quote me on it though.

#6 RSSTyger

RSSTyger

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 256 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:06 PM

View PostHitmanFan246, on Jan 29 2008, 06:44 PM, said:

I was able to do it with 06 (only because the music files are individual files, not one big file, and they're not .yaf), but this year it's not, as it's the first appearance of the .yaf file in a video game for all the game contents (videos, music, etc.). It MAY be possible if we find some way to edit the .yaf file for the music. Don't quote me on it though.
sorry about the quotes lol

the yaf extracters dont always work

#7 HitmanFan246

HitmanFan246

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 487 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:24 PM

^ Lol it's okay. By "Don't Quote me on that" I meant that if there is indeed no way to correctly edit a .yaf file, no one should say "But HitmanFan246 said it was possible!" even though I stated that I so think it will be possible in the near future.

#8 The GJE

The GJE

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 521 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:43 PM

View PostHitmanFan246, on Jan 29 2008, 08:24 PM, said:

^ Lol it's okay. By "Don't Quote me on that" I meant that if there is indeed no way to correctly edit a .yaf file, no one should say "But HitmanFan246 said it was possible!" even though I stated that I so think it will be possible in the near future.

It is possible, it is very similair to the PS2 version but we use RIFF Wav files inside the YAF I believe. That's what I saw when I opened the YAF in a hex editor. I have no idea how to extract them though.

#9 Mr.DickDan

Mr.DickDan

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 568 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 05:00 AM

View PostHitmanFan246, on Jan 27 2008, 10:44 PM, said:

Really, u did it with 06? Mind telling me how?

#10 RSSTyger

RSSTyger

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 256 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:33 PM

i beleave it might be illegal. and i pretty sure if you really wanted custom music you can find a yaf extracter and a RIFF editer

Edited by Tyler wwe icon, 30 January 2008 - 02:33 PM.

#11 HitmanFan246

HitmanFan246

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 487 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:06 PM

View PostMr.DickDan, on Jan 30 2008, 03:00 AM, said:

The ISO I had was modified so that all the music files were separate files with a custom extension of .svr, not just one file. I simply had to convert to .toc, rename to .svr, put in the music directory and I was done.

#12 Mr.DickDan

Mr.DickDan

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 568 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 07:46 AM

View PostHitmanFan246, on Jan 29 2008, 01:06 AM, said:

View PostMr.DickDan, on Jan 30 2008, 03:00 AM, said:

The ISO I had was modified so that all the music files were separate files with a custom extension of .svr, not just one file. I simply had to convert to .toc, rename to .svr, put in the music directory and I was done.

Yes, i understand the concept of modified isos -_-. care to give me more explination? pm me if nesserary.

Edited by Mr.DickDan, 31 January 2008 - 07:46 AM.

#13 djbatata

djbatata

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 10:07 AM

I like to add themes in SvR 08, but in psp that is impossible or at least very hard :(

This year all music themes is in unique file, correct? It cant be extracted?

Edited by djbatata, 31 January 2008 - 10:08 AM.

#14 HitmanFan246

HitmanFan246

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 487 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 04:12 PM

^ To answer your question, chances are it's possible, but since this is the first appearance of the .yaf file, so no good extractors yet.

And DickDan, I don't know much beyond that. I had the UMD, and I was just getting into homebrew. My friend got the custom firmware on my PSP for me, and ripped the UMD to my 4 gig mem. stick. He said he modified it (the ISO) so I could put my own music, then told me how to, using EAC to convert the files to .toc. He didn't tell me how he modded it, and I didn't ask, I was just happy he did it. I'll try asking him next time I go back to my wrestling school (the only time we see each other now) and PM you.

#15 The GJE

The GJE

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 521 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 04:21 PM

View PostHitmanFan246, on Jan 31 2008, 05:12 PM, said:

^ To answer your question, chances are it's possible, but since this is the first appearance of the .yaf file, so no good extractors yet.

And DickDan, I don't know much beyond that. I had the UMD, and I was just getting into homebrew. My friend got the custom firmware on my PSP for me, and ripped the UMD to my 4 gig mem. stick. He said he modified it (the ISO) so I could put my own music, then told me how to, using EAC to convert the files to .toc. He didn't tell me how he modded it, and I didn't ask, I was just happy he did it. I'll try asking him next time I go back to my wrestling school (the only time we see each other now) and PM you.

I never got a chance to modify the 06 version, but I have been trying to extract the .yaf file. No dice so far.

You go to wrestling school? that's cool. What is it like?

#16 HitmanFan246

HitmanFan246

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 487 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 05:01 PM

^ It's really tough. It's very similar to bootcamp. You start off by choosing a gimmick, an in-ring name, and then a moveset. At the one I go to in San Diego, after you do all the training and workouts for the day (ever held a bridge for 10 minutes? Worst ten minutes of my life), you have matches with other students to perfect your moveset. On the first week, we all had to take everybody's finisher 20 times. 6 people, two finishers each. Each finisher 20 times. Ever taken a superkick 20 times? Not fun, lol. Of course, once you start to really get in shape and get better, it gets to be a lot of fun, and if you can stick with it, it becomes insanely fun, as we get to get booked for matches for little kids at Birtday parties and such. And I'm not going to lie. Hitting a Knee Facebuster (I've been considering changing it now that Jericho's been using it. I borrowed it from the same guy he did, the guy's in ROH) and a Crippler Crossface 20 times can be quite fun.

#17 RSSTyger

RSSTyger

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 256 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 06:01 PM

View Postdjbatata, on Jan 31 2008, 11:07 AM, said:

I like to add themes in SvR 08, but in psp that is impossible or at least very hard :(

it can be extracted and yes it is very hard and i have A.D.H.D so i could not stand how long it takes so i stoped

#18 James D

James D

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 04:16 AM

[quote name='Tyler wwe icon' date='Feb 1 2008, 11:01 AM' post='9448367']
[quote name='djbatata' post='9448197' date='Jan 31 2008, 11:07 AM']I like to add themes in SvR 08, but in psp that is impossible or at least very hard :(

IS IT EASIER TO DO ON THE PS2 VERSION BECAUSE I HAVE A PS2 AND WOULD LIKE TO MOR IF IT IS

#19 djbatata

djbatata

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 05:09 PM

View PostTyler wwe icon, on Jan 31 2008, 07:01 PM, said:

View Postdjbatata, on Jan 31 2008, 11:07 AM, said:

it can be extracted and yes it is very hard and i have A.D.H.D so i could not stand how long it takes so i stoped

Ok thanks Tyler ;)

#20 RSSTyger

RSSTyger

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 256 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 09:58 PM

OFF TOPIC: hey djbatata are you a kennedy fan?? I hate him lol

#21 The GJE

The GJE

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 521 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 06:34 PM

You know, I was thinking about this today and actually if you are running custom firmware you can have custom songs for entrances.

You need an in-game mp3 player plugin plus the song you want to use as an mp3. Then just load it up ingame as your entrance starts. Essentially it is the same as the 360 version.

#22 HitmanFan246

HitmanFan246

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 487 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 07:26 PM

^ Yeah, I've tried using Music prx, but even after I enable plugins, I can't seem to get it to work. If you have an MP3 plugin compatible with 3.71 m33-4, don't be afraid to share it lol.

#23 The GJE

The GJE

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 521 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 07:32 PM

View PostHitmanFan246, on Feb 2 2008, 08:26 PM, said:

^ Yeah, I've tried using Music prx, but even after I enable plugins, I can't seem to get it to work. If you have an MP3 plugin compatible with 3.71 m33-4, don't be afraid to share it lol.

I think the last one I had was for 3.50 m33, I'm hoping for a new one soon.

#24 RSSTyger

RSSTyger

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 256 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:55 PM

on your psp go to update and it will give you dark_alexs newest frimware

#25 HitmanFan246

HitmanFan246

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 487 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 01:25 AM

^ I don't want to upgrade to 3.80 m33 or 3.90 m33, as there are missing kernels and add-ons for it, and there's no POPS loader for it yet.