No replies to this topic

#1 ~G-unot~

~G-unot~

R.I.P Proof

• Banned
  • 5,150 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 02:29 AM

Streethop.com

The rumours have been persitent for a while now. Eminem is going to retire, the next album is his last. But is it true? As long ago as last year rumours were spreading. His next album was to be called The funeral, Slim Shady was going to be killed off. It sounded like a nice concept album but was it true?

Now Eminem has added fuel to these rumours with the release of a career retrospective album entitled Curtain Call.

The greatest hits collection is set to be released on December 5, and will feature "at least two" new songs in addition to hits such as 'Stan', 'The Way I Am', 'My Name Is' and 'Lose Yourself', according to his Aftermath/Interscope label.

According to Billboard, Eminem said: "I have some songs that a lot of people like. I have some songs that only I like. This album is obviously for the 'lot' of people."

The Detroit Free Press published an article earlier this summer claiming that the rapper would retire after his Anger Management tour with 50 Cent and that 2004's Encore would likely be his last LP.

Eminem was forced to cancel the end of the tour to seek treatment for an addiction to sleep medication.

At the time of the rumours regarding the rapper's future, a source told Billboard: "Encore was the close of the first chapter in his career. Beyond that, who knows?"

A track from Curtain Call has already leaked to the net, and is getting wide radio play. The song, 'When I'm Gone', is about his reasons for wanting to leave the rap music industry. So far it has received good feedback and will have the rapper ending his career on a high if this really is the end.

The star is continuing to work out of the spotlight, including producing Redman upcoming album Red Gone Wild. The track 'I C Dead People' features raps from the late artists, Big Pun, Big L and Notorious BIG.