Create a mode

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

Poll: What create a mode you wish they put??? (80 member(s) have cast votes)

What create a mode you wish they put???

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#51 clubhopper94019

clubhopper94019

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 224 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 05:33 PM

I'd like to see a Create-a-GM for GM mode.

#52 thomasbecknel

thomasbecknel

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 663 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 06:50 PM

clubhopper94019, on May 7 2006, 03:33 PM, said:

I'd like to see a Create-a-GM for GM mode.
That's different. Please elaborate.

#53 wembley1967

wembley1967

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 259 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 09:01 PM

Wouldn't that be Create-a-Jacka** mode?...lol. :lol: :lol:

#54 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

See the sig for where good television has gone.

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts
  • Location:Think Wizard of Oz, for that's all the information you're getting! :lol:

Posted 08 May 2006 - 07:03 AM

wembley1967, on May 7 2006, 10:01 PM, said:

Wouldn't that be Create-a-Jacka** mode?...lol. :lol: :lol:
No, that'd be "Create Jeff Jerret and Eric Bischoff" mode.

#55 SAVE_ME.222

SAVE_ME.222

UPON_US?

• Code-X Member
  • 1,086 posts
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:38 AM

My vote goes to Create A Taunt, in case THQ decide to leave out some crucial taunts (Hogan's taunts) like they did with SvR 2006. But adding custom music would also be nice (like on the Xbox)

#56 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts
  • Location:Think Wizard of Oz, for that's all the information you're getting! :lol:

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:22 AM

anglefan, on May 8 2006, 09:38 AM, said:

My vote goes to Create A Taunt, in case THQ decide to leave out some crucial taunts (Hogan's taunts) like they did with SvR 2006. But adding custom music would also be nice (like on the Xbox)
CAM aka CAS aka CAT, which translates into Create-A-Music, Create-A-Song, & Create-A-Theme, is garaunteed in the PS3 and 360 versions.

#57 clubhopper94019

clubhopper94019

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 224 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 11:24 AM

thomasbecknel, on May 7 2006, 07:50 PM, said:

Similar to a CAW, except the GM you create replaces the Raw or the Smackdown! GM, but performs their duties. Scheduling matches, deciding who's on what show.
Basically, having a GM you created acting like Bischoff or Stephanie McMahon or Teddy Long or...

#58 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 01:15 PM

clubhopper94019, on May 8 2006, 12:24 PM, said:

thomasbecknel, on May 7 2006, 07:50 PM, said:

Similar to a CAW, except the GM you create replaces the Raw or the Smackdown! GM, but performs their duties. Scheduling matches, deciding who's on what show.
Basically, having a GM you created acting like Bischoff or Stephanie McMahon or Teddy Long or...
Basically the boring business part of the biz. It's a WRESTLING GAME, NOT Accounting: 101. :lol:

#59 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 11:04 AM

wwfpooh, on May 8 2006, 04:22 PM, said:

anglefan, on May 8 2006, 09:38 AM, said:

CAM aka CAS aka CAT, which translates into Create-A-Music, Create-A-Song, & Create-A-Theme, is garaunteed in the PS3 and 360 versions.
What do you mean by Create A Theme? :huh:

#60 clubhopper94019

clubhopper94019

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 224 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:43 PM

wwfpooh, on May 8 2006, 02:15 PM, said:

Basically the boring business part of the biz. It's a WRESTLING GAME, NOT Accounting: 101. :lol:
:P Oh, I don't know. Wouldn't it be kind of fun to walk around backstage, deciding
who's on your show and who fights who, and when and how? I guess this is more an expansion of SvR '06's so-called GM mode, except with alot more depth. I'd love to be able to have say in story lines and who my champions are.

#61 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 08:52 AM

clubhopper94019, on May 9 2006, 08:43 PM, said:

:P Oh, I don't know. Wouldn't it be kind of fun to walk around backstage, deciding
who's on your show and who fights who, and when and how? I guess this is more an expansion of SvR '06's so-called GM mode, except with alot more depth. I'd love to be able to have say in story lines and who my champions are.
That part would be fun, but I referring to all the finiancial math crap that usually accompanies a high-ranking job.

D-Day, on May 10 2006, said:

What do you mean by Create A Theme? :huh:
It means the same as Create-A-Song, Create-A-Music, etc. in that because of the 360 and PS3's built-in HUD, you can have any song you want in-game.

Edited by wwfpooh, 10 May 2006 - 08:56 AM.

#62 clubhopper94019

clubhopper94019

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 224 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 04:46 PM

wwfpooh, on May 10 2006, 09:52 AM, said:

That part would be fun, but I referring to all the finiancial math crap that usually accompanies a high-ranking job.
:lol: That would be something, if the financial aspect were included in the Create a GM mode. :lol:

#63 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 08:00 AM

clubhopper94019, on May 10 2006, 05:46 PM, said:

wwfpooh, on May 10 2006, 09:52 AM, said:

:lol: That would be something, if the financial aspect were included in the Create a GM mode. :lol:
Technically, via scheduling, stamina, etc. the math is there, it's just hidden.

#64 ~ScoTT HaRdKoRE~

~ScoTT HaRdKoRE~

Randy Orton Will be WWE Champion You'll see

• Code-X Member
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 01:04 PM

wow this is getting bigger than i expected

#65 Guest_Stu_*

Guest_Stu_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2006 - 02:11 PM

Can anybody tell me why create a move is so popular? How could they possibly do that? It would just be ludicrous to even try and do that.

#66 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 02:47 PM

Retribution, on May 11 2006, 03:11 PM, said:

Can anybody tell me why create a move is so popular? How could they possibly do that? It would just be ludicrous to even try and do that.
People want their own moves, to be blunt.

#67 JustinSane110

JustinSane110

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 87 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 05:02 PM

How is it ludicrous to try?? They've already basically put in the first few steps of it this year with the "controlling" of the move like picking up for the powerbomb motion shown in a couple of the vids. Only thing left to do is to give the option for the ending motion of the move like dropping down into a backbreaker across the shoulder, flipping them completely over into a facebuster, dropping out into a neckbreaker etc.

Holding up in a suplex position, they can have them either drop like a regular suplex, drop out into a brainbuster, come down like a facebuster, spin out into kind of a standing Testdrive move, drop out into a piledriver etc.

There's really a lot they can do with it even with a simple system like that, only issue that could possibly come up would be having the transition look fluid enough, which could be eliminated by limiting the finishing motion to a list of endings that would actually work with the holding position.

#68 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 09:00 AM

JustinSane110, on May 11 2006, 06:02 PM, said:

Can anybody tell me why create a move is so popular?  How could they possibly do that?  It would just be ludicrous to even try and do that.
How is it ludicrous to try?? They've already basically put in the first few steps of it this year with the "controlling" of the move like picking up for the powerbomb motion shown in a couple of the vids. Only thing left to do is to give the option for the ending motion of the move like dropping down into a backbreaker across the shoulder, flipping them completely over into a facebuster, dropping out into a neckbreaker etc.

Holding up in a suplex position, they can have them either drop like a regular suplex, drop out into a brainbuster, come down like a facebuster, spin out into kind of a standing Testdrive move, drop out into a piledriver etc.

There's really a lot they can do with it even with a simple system like that, only issue that could possibly come up would be having the transition look fluid enough, which could be eliminated by limiting the finishing motion to a list of endings that would actually work with the holding position.
The thing is, knowing Yukes', they'd F it up.

#69 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 03:43 PM

Or it might be really complicated to make a simple double ddt (sort of like the three amigos[it a move I just made up for an example]).

#70 Smike

Smike

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 953 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 03:54 PM

JustinSane110, on May 11 2006, 07:02 PM, said:

Can anybody tell me why create a move is so popular?  How could they possibly do that?  It would just be ludicrous to even try and do that.

If you read the IGN article, that's basically what we have this year. It's not create-a-move, but it's moves that allow you to do an array of moves once you get someone into a certain position such as on the shoulders.

The first is the need for user-controlled grappling moves. Animations are no longer limited to whatever the canned AI says they're supposed to be as certain move types are now entirely determined by the user. Let's assume that a player grabs another user in a grapple and hoists them up on their shoulders. This position leaves a wrestler with a number of options -- they can perform a military press, an airplane spin (controlled with the analog stick), or go ahead and slam the guy outside of the ring (that's right, it's no longer a special move). There will be multiple grapple moves per character too, so it won't always be the same options for every character.

#71 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 03:56 PM

Yea but it's not really creating a move. It just controlling where your oppenent lands.

#72 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 07:04 PM

Dday141, on May 12 2006, 04:56 PM, said:

Yea but it's not really creating a move. It just controlling where your oppenent lands.
Right. CAM is putting your own moves in the game.

#73 ~ScoTT HaRdKoRE~

~ScoTT HaRdKoRE~

Randy Orton Will be WWE Champion You'll see

• Code-X Member
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 08:28 PM

right

#74 Smike

Smike

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 953 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 06:35 AM

Which is exactly what I said.. >.>

It's not create-a-move, but it's moves that allow...

It's probably as close as we're ever going to get to a complete create-a-move thing, though. The thing is, with half-moves in the game.. who thinks move splicing is going to actually be possible next year? >.> It's the best chance we've had in years, at least.

Plus, a true Create-A-Move mode will still only allow you certain possibilities - most of which are probably already done in the game anyway. They aren't going to allow you to do things like a suplex into a piledriver or something like that because the animation for them falling from above your shoulders to the piledriver position wouldn't be there. If it did exist, the move itself would already be available to use. I don't understand how people think a true create-a-move mode would work when they want to create things that aren't even close to being something like what's in the game already. They're only going to let you take half of one move and half of another (if they ever do this, even) - and what you're able to do will most likely disappoint everyone simply because insanely complex moves won't be possible.

Edited by Smike, 13 May 2006 - 06:39 AM.

#75 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 09:14 AM

Smike, on May 13 2006, 07:35 AM, said:

Which is exactly what I said.. >.>

It's not create-a-move, but it's moves that allow...

It's probably as close as we're ever going to get to a complete create-a-move thing, though. The thing is, with half-moves in the game.. who thinks move splicing is going to actually be possible next year? >.> It's the best chance we've had in years, at least.

Plus, a true Create-A-Move mode will still only allow you certain possibilities - most of which are probably already done in the game anyway. They aren't going to allow you to do things like a suplex into a piledriver or something like that because the animation for them falling from above your shoulders to the piledriver position wouldn't be there. If it did exist, the move itself would already be available to use. I don't understand how people think a true create-a-move mode would work when they want to create things that aren't even close to being something like what's in the game already. They're only going to let you take half of one move and half of another (if they ever do this, even) - and what you're able to do will most likely disappoint everyone simply because insanely complex moves won't be possible.
Move-splicing, even with the new system, won't be possible due to the poly count (20,000) and of course, the fact that the moves in the game aren't half-moves. Say you do a suplex. With the analog, you can control how long the opponent remains in the air and when to land, but it'll still be a suplex, regardless. In short, despite player-control, the move is technically still one animation, and as thus, CAM won't be possible.