375 replies to this topic

#51 The Sickness

The Sickness

The CZW Guy

• Code-X Member
  • 1,258 posts
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:06 AM

Why Does It Seem Like Everyone Thinks Deathmatch Wrestling Is Just "You Hit Me With That, I Hit You With That, You Throw Me Through This, I Throw You Off Of That"...Theres A Lot More To It Then That, The Only Guys Who Are Like That Would Be Ian Rotten And Freakshow...Another Negative Thing Ian Rotten Has Done To The World Of Wrestling

#52 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

Hargy Noob Count: 24

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:13 PM

Finished watching TOD, it was insane. Not sure which was scarier, Gage's cut or Whacks' dive. All in all good show, but I was disappointed with Veritas' match, because he usually puts on great matches.

And don't forget to vote in the CXPL!

#53 The Sickness

The Sickness

The CZW Guy

• Code-X Member
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:55 AM

View Postphoenixsplash630, on Jun 25 2009, 07:43 PM, said:

Finished watching TOD, it was insane. Not sure which was scarier, Gage's cut or Whacks' dive. All in all good show, but I was disappointed with Veritas' match, because he usually puts on great matches.

And don't forget to vote in the CXPL!
What Did That Psycho Dive Off Of Now

#54 DoubleJ

DoubleJ

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 769 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:14 AM

How about you ever actually take the time to WATCH a show so you can see that they are more than just deathmatches. They have great technical and strong style matches at EVERY show, usually only one or two deathmatches a night.

And usually, they have good wrestling matches, these matches just happen to be using panes of glass and what not. It isn't just a bunch of yardtards going out there and stabbing each other, it's an art form. An art form which the squeemish, or those who believe pure wrestling is the only wrestling can't appreciate.

Thumbtack Jack is the only person who ever uses syringes by the way.

As someone who has watched a few CZW shows, they suck. Yes there are a few solid matches a card. The matches being good is opinion, but from a psychology stand point they suck. I watched Thumbtack Jack vs Danny Havoc a few months back the match was decent, but the ending was dumb as hell. He gave Jack a DVD through a pane of glass & covered him, Jack kicks out. In my mind I'm thinking their going to do a bigger spot, but they don't, he just picked Jack up & gave him another DVD. It might have made sense to switch that around & have him kick out of the regular DVD, forcing Havoc to step it up & put him through the glass. If you disagree with that you are a CZW mark & will applaud anything they do.

As far as being an art form that is a joke. There is no art in falling off a roof & going through tables, I could do that, but I'm not stupid.

Edited by DoubleJ, 26 June 2009 - 10:15 AM.

#55 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts
  • Gallery:View

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:16 AM

I've seen CZW once or twice and I truly wasn't overly impressed. I'm not just saying that, honestly. I just find that the death matches are a stretch too far to be labelled "wrestling" and while the technical and ariel matches that take place are good, I still don't feel that they are the best thing since sliced bread. I just don't dig it.

#56 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 11:07 AM

What Did That Psycho Dive Off Of Now

He was actually just doing a spear through the ropes, but he landed right on his head. I can't believe he didn't break his neck.

The ending to the Havoc match was done because the fans were chanting for more, so they decided to give them more. At least that's what Danny (or was it Jack?) said later on about the match. Most of the shotty decisions they make are because of the influence of the fans, such as the ending to TOD 8. They only do these things because the fans want them to.

As far as being an art form that is a joke

People call horror movies an art form. Deathmatches are pretty much live action horror movies with real blood, at least that's what gets said by CZW enthusiasts :P. But it does make sense somewhat.

I could do that, but I'm not stupid

You'd be surprised. It's much harder to do right than it looks. Zandig and Mondo are professionals, and they almost got killed doing it. It's not because they're stupid, they did it for the fans.

There is no art in falling off a roof & going through tables

There is when incorporating it into a match/show like they did.

I just find that the death matches are a stretch too far to be labelled "wrestling"

Didn't you used to praise ECW though? I seem to remember you being a big fan, but I could be mistaking. What they did isn't much different from an average CZW show.

#57 1967 Spidey

1967 Spidey

Amazing

• Code-X Member
  • 5,750 posts
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:02 PM

Phoenix +1

#58 ℜaven-Σffect

ℜaven-Σffect

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 4,122 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:49 PM

Just watched iMPACT. Very interesting show with a good ending. I'm glad
Spoiler
. I like Samoa Joe's new music as well, really suits his heel disposition.

Edited by ℜaνeη Σffec†, 26 June 2009 - 06:56 PM.

#59 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 04:29 AM

I just find that the death matches are a stretch too far to be labelled "wrestling"

Didn't you used to praise ECW though? I seem to remember you being a big fan, but I could be mistaking. What they did isn't much different from an average CZW show.

I was never a hugh fan of the original ECW, though I'll admit to loving a few standout matches/shows... the thing I've seen the most ECW wise is the original One Night Stand show which I thought was incredible but otherwise I sort of feel the same way about ECW.

When they did the hardcore thing on shows it was to much of a leap away from what should be classed as wrestling. I have no appreciation for Sabu, New Jack, Balls, Dreamer (of old), etc. or the Necro Butcher's of today because the extremes these guys go/went to isn't wrestling it's stupidity. You can have an incredible hardcore match without having to dig out cheesegraters, needles, glass or electrical appliances.

The thing ECW has over CZW for me though is that, despite the aspects I disslike, the overall products when compared are worlds apart. ECW had a far better production aspect to it. Paul Heyman did an incredible job of making his little league look big league in small arenas and for the most part fueds made sense, had an edgier impact and actually revolutionised the business.

The wrestlers were a cut above as well hence why WCW and WWE for the most part were all over their talent, snapping them up and why TNA and WWE for the most part couldn't care less about the main CZW talent (I know some big guys has appeared, like AJ, and Punk... but I'm talking actual regulars)... don't bring that crap about indy wrestlers not wanting to sell out either because 90% of them would sell out in a heartbeat if Vince or Dixie offered them 250,000 a year. Don't believe everything they say.

#60 The Sickness

The Sickness

The CZW Guy

• Code-X Member
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 09:11 AM

Needles And Electrical Appliances Arent Used Much, If At All...Thumbtack Jack is The Only Guy Who Uses Syringes(Which He Only Uses Rarely), And TOD Was The First Time Electrical Saws Were Used...CZW Is Actually One Of The More Toned Down Deathmatch Promotions Because They Can Only Use Light Tubes At TOD (The Arena Banned Them), And Im Pretty Sure Fire Is Banned...The Stuff BJW Does Makes CZW's Craziest Stuff Look Like A WWE Show. Sad Thing Is, There Is More Wrestling Done In An Average Deathmatch Then Any WWE Show's Main Event

Just Bought The TNA Game (For 15.98), Played The Credits For Something To Do, And Learned That Colt Cabana Was Not The Only Wrestler To Do Mo-Cap For The Game, Ego Fantastico Also Did Some Mo-Cap

#61 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:23 AM

Hmm, guess I should have watched the credits.

ECW had a far better production aspect to it.

Because they could afford it. CZW has a low budget which isn't really their fault.

Paul Heyman did an incredible job of making his little league look big league in small arenas

So does CZW, also considering they both used they same arena, New Alhambra. CZW is one of the more high tech federations on indy wrestling compared to the IWAs, or the PWGs.

fueds made sense, had an edgier impact and actually revolutionised the business

Ok, I'll give you that feuds recently have been a little off. But they seem to be fixing that by having meaningful feuds. But watch the 05 CZW, and every feud was great. As for that second part, just because they were first doesn't really make them better.

WWE for the most part couldn't care less about the main CZW talent

Actually they've been scouting there for months.

I'm talking actual regulars

I guess I'll use people who held titles for this example, because they stuck around for awhile. Charlie Haas, Russ Haas, Sonjay Dutt, Alex Shelley, and Jimmy Rave for some. This isn't even mentioning the names who didn't hold a title there, and all the great indy stars who made their names there.

You can have an incredible hardcore match without having to dig out cheesegraters, needles, glass or electrical appliances.

And they do usually. Although glass I don't think falls under the "sick" category.

#62 The Sickness

The Sickness

The CZW Guy

• Code-X Member
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:32 PM

View PostBlooma, on Jun 27 2009, 07:59 AM, said:

The wrestlers were a cut above as well hence why WCW and WWE for the most part were all over their talent, snapping them up and why TNA and WWE for the most part couldn't care less about the main CZW talent
WWE Had Robert Anthony(Ego Fantastico) Signed To A Developmental Deal, But They Released Him...And I Read Somewhere That B-Boy Was Signed To TNA...And Theres A Lot Of Guys On The CZW Roster That Would Be A Fresh Breath Of Air For The X-Divison, Namely Carter Grey...Anyone Who Can Do A Corkscrew 630 Off A Chair Deserves Something

#63 Sharpshooter93

Sharpshooter93

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

• Code-X Member
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:56 PM

Anyone Who Can Do A Corkscrew 630 Off A Chair Deserves Something

Maybe he should go to the Olympics and get one. (Seriously)

#64 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 01:00 PM

WWE Had Robert Anthony(Ego Fantastico) Signed To A Developmental Deal

And that was when he wasn't as good as he was today even. I think the B Boy thing is just a myth though.

Just watched Kingston's shoot interview, and he is definitely a deep and interesting guy. Other than his dislike of Chuck Taylor and Zandig, I like him much more now. But he is a liar, Super Dragon isn't black.

#65 The Sickness

The Sickness

The CZW Guy

• Code-X Member
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 01:13 PM

View Postphoenixsplash630, on Jun 27 2009, 04:30 PM, said:

And that was when he wasn't as good as he was today even. I think the B Boy thing is just a myth though.

Just watched Kingston's shoot interview, and he is definitely a deep and interesting guy. Other than his dislike of Chuck Taylor and Zandig, I like him much more now. But he is a liar, Super Dragon isn't black.
Isn't It Obvious Super Dragon Isn't Black...You Can See His Neck/Fingers

#66 Sharpshooter93

Sharpshooter93

• Code-X Member
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 01:21 PM

He may be half black though. Just look at Herschelle Gibbs. He doesn't look black, but he is half black.

Posted Image

#67 1967 Spidey

1967 Spidey

Amazing

• Code-X Member
  • 5,750 posts
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 27 June 2009 - 01:27 PM

View Postphoenixsplash630, on Jun 27 2009, 08:00 PM, said:

It doesnt matter, hes still badass.

Plus whats up with TNA giving everyone Rap music now?

Edited by Chikara, 27 June 2009 - 01:29 PM.

#68 The Sickness

The Sickness

The CZW Guy

• Code-X Member
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 01:31 PM

View PostSharpshooter93, on Jun 27 2009, 04:51 PM, said:

He may be half black though. Just look at Herschelle Gibbs. He doesn't look black, but he is half black.

http://static.cricin...4400/104468.jpg
Nope, He Seems To Be Just Plain White
http://www.smartmark...images/P/sd.jpg
Could Be The Light On The Picture, But I Have Close To 70 Super Dragon Pictures And Have Seen Quite A Few Matches And His Skin Doesnt Seem As Dark, Or Near As Dark As Herschelle Gibbs

#69 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:52 PM

See, Kingston is a liar! But indy shoots are very entertaining and informative things to watch.

Come on everybody, place votes in the CXPL! Time is running out.

#70 The Sickness

The Sickness

The CZW Guy

• Code-X Member
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 07:03 AM

Lyle's Best of The Best Pics --> http://www.lylecwill...om/czw2089.html

Why Is Devon Wearing xOMGx Gear In ROund 1 And Drew Blood's In Round 2 :blink:

Edited by The Sickness, 28 June 2009 - 07:06 AM.

#71 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:38 AM

View PostChikara, on Jun 27 2009, 08:27 PM, said:

Plus whats up with TNA giving everyone Rap music now?

'Cos TNA is about 5-10 years behind everyone when it comes to trends, lol. As good as I think TNA has been recently when it comes to general interests they seem to be a little... off.

Don't get me wrong, I love rap, but rap was at it's most popular in the late 90's early 2000's, now it's Rock and Alt. music that is super popular again. Tracksuits were very 90's as well... here's looking at you MEM.

Hell even there gimmicks are old... Two of the most popular X Division stars (Lethal & Creed) are rehashed versions of Randy Savage and Apollo Creed. MEM = NWO. Super Eric (although over now) was pretty much Hurricane V1.5. Matt Morgan is a Kev Nash wannabe. British faction... haven't WWE/WCW/everyone done a country alliance angle before... infact didn't TNA do this once before with Canadians?? How many times is Raven going to fued with Abyss??

Like I said TNA's been good recently but they do seem to live in the past a little. :confused:

#72 The Sickness

The Sickness

The CZW Guy

• Code-X Member
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:51 AM

Wow, Just Read There Is Gonna Be Another XPW Reunion Show :( ...Cant They Just Stay Dead...But As Long As Messiah Is Involved With This One And Rob Black & Lizzy Borden Are Not...it Should Be Good

Masters Of Pain Is Oct. 31 This Year...Anyone Got Any Early Predictions On Who Will Be In...Im Gonna Guess: Thumbtack Jack (Defending Champ), Jun Kasai, Madman Pondo, Drake Younger...I Know Pondo Will Be In, And I Would Assume TJ Would Return To Defend The...Uh...Whatever He Won, And If Pondo Gets Someone From Japan Again It Could Be Kasai, Although I Would Like To See Takashi Sasaki

What TNA Wrestlers Have Rap Songs As Theme Songs Now...I Know AJ And Joe Do...But Thats All That Come To Mind THat Have Had Their Music Changed Recently

Edited by The Sickness, 29 June 2009 - 10:53 AM.

#73 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:58 AM

I don't mind TNA music I mean you only hear them for about three seconds. It seems that TNA is getting the rap treatment while WWE has random rock music for every new guy superstar.

#74 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:29 PM

CXPL Results and Rankings updated :)

Next event will be CZW Starting Point

#75 Sharpshooter93

Sharpshooter93

• Code-X Member
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:32 PM

Don't expect too may votes... not many people actually keep up with CZW.