new moves

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
82 replies to this topic

Poll: which move animation would u have (55 member(s) have cast votes)

which move animation would u have

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#26 John Shumate

John Shumate

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 904 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 04:14 PM

Ok..ok..guys..let me clarify some things here:

1. Stephanie does not approve what moves are in the game..she only works with them when it comes to the storylines in season mode. She could care less. Yukes makes the decision of what moves should be in and shouldn't be in. They are not as good with this as spike and AKI when it comes to choosing moves.

2. THQ only asks permission from WWE to make a game for them. Thats all, the McMahon's don't have a say in it. Hell..THQ could make a regular wrestling game with no-name wrestlers like Fire Pro Wrestling did with an edit mode, so you can rename them to their real names, and put in any move they wanna put in, and WWE can't say a damn thing about it.

So..WWE doesn't make the game..THQ makes the game. Its just WWE slapped on it. So, if anyone's at fault, its THQ and Yukes as they have the right to put anymove they desire into their game.

On a side note: WCW didn't suck..reason it fell was because Ted Turner got tired of it. That promotion made millions of dollars for over 20 years under Ted Turner. He was just tired of it.

ECW was bought back cause Vince knows that his brand sucks and that ECW was brought back to make money in the place of these BS storylines that I see week in and week out. Also, ECW and WWE were in co-hoots with each other. Just like ROH is with WWE as they allow them to sell WWE Merchandise.

When I can make better matches and sim better matches on a game...he's screwed up.

Also, TNA will succeed and could probably put WWE out of buisness 10 years from now.

This SD vs R fued is here because he has too much talent hired..just like WCW had, and instead of having them released..which would mean alot of "Wronful termination" lawsuits against him, he has to figure out a way to use them all and I personally never liked it anyway. Every since then, WWF has went extinct and Worst Wrestling Ever has screwed up the industry.

They are soo lucky they aren't competing with NJPW..they would DIE TRYING.

#27 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

See the sig for where good television has gone.

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts
  • Location:Think Wizard of Oz, for that's all the information you're getting! :lol:

Posted 17 May 2006 - 04:17 PM

John Shumate, on May 17 2006, 05:14 PM, said:

Ok..ok..guys..let me clarify some things here:

1. Stephanie does not approve what moves are in the game..she only works with them when it comes to the storylines in season mode. She could care less. Yukes makes the decision of what moves should be in and shouldn't be in. They are not as good with this as spike and AKI when it comes to choosing moves.

2. THQ only asks permission from WWE to make a game for them. Thats all, the McMahon's don't have a say in it. Hell..THQ could make a regular wrestling game with no-name wrestlers like Fire Pro Wrestling did with an edit mode, so you can rename them to their real names, and put in any move they wanna put in, and WWE can't say a damn thing about it.

So..WWE doesn't make the game..THQ makes the game. Its just WWE slapped on it. So, if anyone's at fault, its THQ and Yukes as they have the right to put anymove they desire into their game.

On a side note: WCW didn't suck..reason it fell was because Ted Turner got tired of it. That promotion made millions of dollars for over 20 years under Ted Turner. He was just tired of it.

ECW was bought back cause Vince knows that his brand sucks and that ECW was brought back to make money in the place of these BS storylines that I see week in and week out. Also, ECW and WWE were in co-hoots with each other. Just like ROH is with WWE as they allow them to sell WWE Merchandise.

When I can make better matches and sim better matches on a game...he's screwed up.

Also, TNA will succeed and could probably put WWE out of buisness 10 years from now.

This SD vs R fued is here because he has too much talent hired..just like WCW had, and instead of having them released..which would mean alot of "Wronful termination" lawsuits against him, he has to figure out a way to use them all and I personally never liked it anyway. Every since then, WWF has went extinct and Worst Wrestling Ever has screwed up the industry.

They are soo lucky they aren't competing with NJPW..they would DIE TRYING.
I disagree, for WWE DOES approve the final build of the time when it comes to who makes it in and who doesn't. However, WWE feels is worthy is made into the game.

#28 Smike

Smike

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 953 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 04:19 PM

Well, the WWE does have a say in the game.. see here:

ttp*://xbox360.gamedaily.com/game/features/?gameid=5095&id=961

Who comes up with these rosters? Is it more THQ than WWE?

It's a THQ thing. Actually, it's a combination of both parties. Obviously, we have lists and we run them by WWE and they say "yay" or "nay" so it's kind of a give and take, but we have a wonderful relationship with them.

Nobody really knows for sure how much so, but THQ can't just make anything.. the WWE does have to approve certain things.

#29 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts
  • Location:Think Wizard of Oz, for that's all the information you're getting! :lol:

Posted 17 May 2006 - 04:22 PM

Smike, on May 17 2006, 05:19 PM, said:

Well, the WWE does have a say in the game.. see here:

ttp*://xbox360.gamedaily.com/game/features/?gameid=5095&id=961

Who comes up with these rosters? Is it more THQ than WWE?

It's a THQ thing. Actually, it's a combination of both parties. Obviously, we have lists and we run them by WWE and they say "yay" or "nay" so it's kind of a give and take, but we have a wonderful relationship with them.

Nobody really knows for sure how much so, but THQ can't just make anything.. the WWE does have to approve certain things.
Yeah, for otherwise, it wouldn't be a WWE game would it? It'd be a generic game with WWE wrestlers.

#30 squeaks

squeaks

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 02:57 AM

a doble team finnisher involving tables every wrestler should have a table finnisher and a doble tam table finnisher + chair double teams

#31 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 05:48 AM

That would be complicated for THQ to pull of.

#32 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 03:08 PM

Dday141, on May 18 2006, 06:48 AM, said:

That would be complicated for THQ to pull of.
You mean Yukes'. Yukes' makes the games, THQ just publishes and ships them (i.e. does promo ads and sends the games out for distribution).

#33 Angel

Angel

The Phenomenal Mod

• Code-X Member
  • 3,626 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 23 May 2006 - 12:57 AM

as well as prints the game and gets a lot of the money for it. Its fun to look at there fiscal reports (gotta love freinds in high places...) as SVR is there top rating game, and makes them more money that almost anyother game.

#34 rdchili69

rdchili69

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 222 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 10:53 AM

The only way we will get these, if is someone on the roster has those moves in their movesets. Pepsi plunge will only be in if CM Punk get's on Smackdown and on the games roster (doubt it).

Super Angle slam will most likely not be in. Top Rope tombstone, noone in WWE has done that so next. (Benoit did a second rope Tombstone)

Usually the only new moves added, are ones that people on the games roster does. If you want those moves in, got to get those people who do them in.

Yes, like others have said WWE has all say in the matter really. WWE even decides what attires are in or not. No attire gets in without WWE's approval. WWE's name is going on the product, it has to passed by them before getting put out.

WWE decides rosters as well. So WWE has final approval. If WWE doesn't like the final product, it won't go out.

Edited by rdchili69, 23 May 2006 - 10:56 AM.

#35 Angel

Angel

The Phenomenal Mod

• Code-X Member
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:00 PM

sigh...I really want the pepsi plunge...I like the anaconda vice he's been using in OVW, but its just not the same...not as exciting as his matches should be...

#36 AzureHellBunny

AzureHellBunny

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 234 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 07:29 PM

The pepsi plunge :)

#37 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 07:21 AM

"The Phenomenal One", on May 23 2006, 03:00 PM, said:

sigh...I really want the pepsi plunge...I like the anaconda vice he's been using in OVW, but its just not the same...not as exciting as his matches should be...
It's WWE. They hold talent back. What do you expect?

#38 Angel

Angel

The Phenomenal Mod

• Code-X Member
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 09:41 AM

well and they hold moves back that they view as to dangerous for viewers to see less they use them on there own brother or something equally stupid...(I blame rednecks...) and get sued...again...after all, there not really holding cm punk back that much, he is the ovw heavy weight champion, and he's actually a lot more polished now then he was, but it remains to be seen what they do with him for actual tv.

#39 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 09:53 AM

"The Phenomenal One", on May 24 2006, 10:41 AM, said:

well and they hold moves back that they view as to dangerous for viewers to see less they use them on there own brother or something equally stupid...(I blame rednecks...) and get sued...again...after all, there not really holding cm punk back that much, he is the ovw heavy weight champion, and he's actually a lot more polished now then he was, but it remains to be seen what they do with him for actual tv.
And yet, some moves that are still done are performed by kids. Remember, most kids--even if they deny it--are impressionable and oft-times stupid.

#40 Angel

Angel

The Phenomenal Mod

• Code-X Member
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 07:15 PM

yah but most "people" are often times stupid...I don't feel bad for anyone that lets someone lift them up and then drop them on a "safe" place. If your going to be stupid at least be safe...or fast...either way...

#41 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 08:57 AM

"The Phenomenal One", on May 26 2006, 08:15 PM, said:

yah but most "people" are often times stupid...I don't feel bad for anyone that lets someone lift them up and then drop them on a "safe" place. If your going to be stupid at least be safe...or fast...either way...
Or you should be smart and not do it at all, and leave it to professionals. It's "stupid people's" fault that WWE bans all its moves, because some stupid person attempts a move and ends up hurt.

#42 The Champ of Champs

The Champ of Champs

Code-X Rising Star

• Banned
  • 320 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 12:09 AM

nice poll

#43 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 12:46 PM

The Champ of Champs, on May 29 2006, 01:09 AM, said:

nice poll
The poll is nice, but what does a bland statement like that do for the conversation?

#44 The Champ of Champs

The Champ of Champs

Code-X Rising Star

• Banned
  • 320 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 02:46 PM

wwfpooh, on May 29 2006, 01:46 PM, said:

nice poll
The poll is nice, but what does a bland statement like that do for the conversation?
why do you keep saying that it gets anoying after a while :angry:

#45 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 04:34 PM

The Champ of Champs, on May 29 2006, 03:46 PM, said:

wwfpooh, on May 29 2006, 01:46 PM, said:

nice poll
why do you keep saying that it gets anoying after a while :angry:
So do bland statements that do nothing for the conversation or topic being discussed.

#46 thomasbecknel

thomasbecknel

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 663 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 06:20 PM

Bland statements like that are considered spam. Be fortunate that someone is bringing this to your attention now, instead of you being modded.

Edited by thomasbecknel, 29 May 2006 - 06:21 PM.

#47 The Champ of Champs

The Champ of Champs

Code-X Rising Star

• Banned
  • 320 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 07:05 PM

il realy love to have these moves in the game

#48 Angel

Angel

The Phenomenal Mod

• Code-X Member
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 07:30 PM

Like they've said, please add to the discussion before actions are taken, you've already been warned twice. If your going to reply in the thread then it must have something to do with the original topic, yes your last post did, but that should be the only thing, not the rest.

#49 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 06:47 AM

My feelings on the subject of new moves:

rdchili69, on May 23 2006, 11:53 AM, said:

Yes, like others have said WWE has all say in the matter really. WWE even decides what attires are in or not. No attire gets in without WWE's approval. WWE's name is going on the product, it has to passed by them before getting put out.

WWE decides rosters as well. So WWE has final approval. If WWE doesn't like the final product, it won't go out.

Edited by wwfpooh, 30 May 2006 - 06:47 AM.

#50 The Champ of Champs

The Champ of Champs

Code-X Rising Star

• Banned
  • 320 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 07:08 PM

It will be cool to have these moves i wish thq reads this messageboard.