76 replies to this topic

#51 DetectiveFork

DetectiveFork

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 147 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 08:47 AM

ThreeG, on Nov 14 2006, 10:07 PM, said:

If you don't like some things in the game, fine. Keep it to yourself.
Nope, not gonna do that. This forum's for discussion and we'll talk about problems we have with the game if we feel like it. If you don't like it, don't read it. What are you, THQ's public relations lackey?

#52 J.O.B. (Joey)

J.O.B. (Joey)

There's More 2 Life Than Chasin Girls, That's Raising 2

• Code-X Member
  • 4,870 posts
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 15 November 2006 - 10:25 PM

Please Do Not double post! just edit your post ;)

#53 AntiChrist Superstar

AntiChrist Superstar

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,323 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 10:32 PM

People are Really Bitching About This Game and who Could blame them?

#54 Bjyounggotti

Bjyounggotti

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 11:01 PM

I agree 100%

Benjamin Williams
San Diego , Ca
Bjyounggotti51@yahoo.com

Edited by Bjyounggotti, 15 November 2006 - 11:03 PM.

#55 DetectiveFork

DetectiveFork

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 147 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 11:03 PM

J.O.B., on Nov 15 2006, 11:25 PM, said:

Please Do Not double post! just edit your post ;)
Sorry, did it without thinking.

#56 Celeste

Celeste

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 03:09 AM

Anyone notice this game is much smaller than S!vr & S!vr 2006? Space wise, they could have kept most of those moves in and STILL had room for more. Also adding "Music option for in-game BGM would be awesome" if it isn't already there (sorry can't read whole list), cause an option to turn it on would be just fine, why make us all suffer with silence in matches? Should be called "Borefest vs. RAW 2007" if you are live into music like me.

#57 kingsoprano718

kingsoprano718

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 04:02 AM

ThreeG, on Nov 14 2006, 10:07 PM, said:

:rolleyes: What happened to enjoying the game for what it is, instead of making a big song and dance over nothing. Christ.
There's always that odd someone, who has to crap on something that everyone else likes. Sorta be the "heel" which is really pretty sad.

If you don't like some things in the game, fine. Keep it to yourself.

Making a petition of a few members names? LOL. Go out side, get freshair.

Hell. They even removed the crotch blur, they just made sure you cannot use "custom colours" so that you don't make skin colour'd stuff to add... well... body detail.

Honestly, I'm sick of the whole "THQ R TEH LAZY". And I can't wait untill some 2nd rate company like EA or something takeover. And show you what REAL Lazy and crappy games is.
oh my god

i can not believe what i am reading in this thread.

a petition was made because there are numerous glitches that do not belong in the game. you pay 55 dollars for something you should get a polished product. if you can notice mistakes in the first 30 minutes of gameplay then why the hell couldnt thq and yukes notice them? what was so hard about paying attention to the game they are creating?

for anyone to say quit bitching and shut up, turn entrance off and EC sucks anyway, you look like the biggest WWE tool ever. it is very sad that your solution to a flawed game is to buy it and ignore it, turn em off and just accept it.

well i wont accept it. if you want to be a thq sheep and be led to slaughter without nary a question or complaint fine. your probably the same dumbasses who will be camping out for a PS3 that is not even backwards compatible with older ps games just because it's cool to have one.

no one is being a heel here and this letter is in no way a flame. if anything, some bored kid who writes 25 paragraphs complaining that we should be spoonfed a glitched beta needs to get out of this topic, because this topic is for petition signers only. since you like buying your games with no opinions do me a favor and get out out thread and leave the opinion at the door.

it is obvious to me that there are more than a few people upset over this. the biggest asset to this site walked away completely because of this nonsense.

i never said it was unplayable, it does have good points but yukes is getting more lazier as they go along. if someone does not try to stop this from happening can you imagine what we will get next year?

i applaud you kobe. i got my hands on the game yesterday in a trade for a controller and 4 games. i paid no money for it but i have a consumer copy that i will be reviewing for the purpose of the site.

these things may not be important to some of you, but i think that they are big enough to warrant serious concern over the future of the series.

as far as crotch blur? thats something i could care less about so i guess we have different opinions after all

#58 Doodee

Doodee

A Metal Head

• Code-X Member
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 04:11 AM

fire990, on Nov 15 2006, 03:00 AM, said:

would it kill u to sign it its not like its hurting you to write your name and email adress its for the good of the game ya its a slim chance they'll care but its still a chance
well its gonna take 1000000's for people to sign before they take notice even if they did why would they change it? they would say well we got next years game.

Personally i think its lame and a waste of time and kinda babyish...

#59 DRAVEN

DRAVEN

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 04:53 AM

they probally will change it but won't make it public!!!

someone will buy the game in a month or two, and the problems will likly be fixed u will see version number on the disc...

it has been done before mainly on the platinum games in the UK..

#60 Mr.DickDan

Mr.DickDan

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 568 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 07:58 AM

DRAVEN, on Nov 16 2006, 05:53 AM, said:

they probally will change it but won't make it public!!!

someone will buy the game in a month or two, and the problems will likly be fixed u will see version number on the disc...

it has been done before mainly on the platinum games in the UK..
thats y i'm waiting for a while b4 i get it

#61 LettersFromWar

LettersFromWar

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 4,439 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 09:13 AM

Yeah, because THQ is really going to listen to 100 people from Code X who are bitching about the glitches in the game. If you all want the game to be unglitched, then make a petition for them to take 6 extra months for the next game to make it less glitchy and overall better. If you are going to make this petition, might as well make one for that too.

#62 DetectiveFork

DetectiveFork

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 09:28 AM

kingsoprano718, on Nov 16 2006, 05:02 AM, said:

it is obvious to me that there are more than a few people upset over this. the biggest asset to this site walked away completely because of this nonsense.

-----

I think that's what speaks most to people's frustration with this game. When some of you say we're being petty in complaining about problems with the game, remember that it was enough to make Trigin throw up his hands.

Edited by DetectiveFork, 16 November 2006 - 09:29 AM.

#63 outsider

outsider

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:23 AM

If your not happy with the game, do what I did. take it back to ebgames or gamestop and get a different game. They are awesome about stuff like that. Personally I'd rather play 06 than this game. Were are all the moves, table moves??? basically they remove many of the moves, and change the controls and say here is your new game. i have been a fan of the svr series since day 1, but this game is crap. :'(

#64 wembley1967

wembley1967

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 259 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:38 AM

If there is one major factor in deciding whether I will buy this game or not it is that if Trigin walked away from it the game must really suck.
And he came up with the codes.
I may have to rent this game and try it before I buy it...
Maybe they did something decent with GM mode or something.
When the biggest supporters walk away you are on a sinking ship. :o

#65 magneticmc

magneticmc

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 02:06 PM

I'm not a huge participant on this website i'm not really a net head kinda guy but I agree with this petition. I mean the developers in interviews have noted fan reaction and what the fans want unfortunatly as far as i know they only read threads on IGN.com. The games rather horrid to be honest. A few people have said if you don't like it don't buy it. That would work great if you could tell it sucked before it was too late. New releases many times aren't available for rent around here. And as far as returning it. After it's open you only get a percentage back where i live and at the end of the day its better to keep it even if you don't play. Make them take notice to what you have to say. Whats the chance it will work? Not very high at all in fact it would take a miricle. But if this is what they have chosen to do let them. The whole "if you don't like it don't buy it" idea works for the complainers too. If you don't agree with the petition don't sign it. I on the other hand will add my support.

magnetic_mc@yahoo.com

also the code programmer quit? Considering the work he did for the last one quittiung cold turkey makes a pretty bold statement.

#66 piercethedrk

piercethedrk

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 02:13 PM

I agree with most of the original post, but you made some major oversights. I would add:

1. The animations are in DESPERATE need of attention. Some of them are WAY TOO SLOW (like the grappling shuffle side kick, the RVD feint kick, the alabama slam, etc), some of them don't even make CONTACT with the opponent ( The dash elbow, the ho train attack, the running calf kick, flying forearm smash 1). The collision detection on some of the animations is poor.

Other than that, my other three main complaints, which you've already covered are:

2.Divas playable in all matches (maybe with the exception of first blood since they don't bleed)

3. more options in CAW

and

4. More moves. ESPECIALLY more more martial arts and brawler type moves. They used to have a good amount, but they were all but removed. :(

I don't know. I would try to reduce the minor complaints into one (i.e. the glitches with the tag announcements and people having the wrong voices, etc) and maybe make it less....angry.

By the way, I'm Tim and I'm new!
*waves*

#67 Styles_clash

Styles_clash

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 191 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 02:15 PM

i personal enjoy the game but i mean its your own opintion if you like it or not this topic is pointless and should be closed cause all its doing is causing fights over a game that was already released. so the bottom line is if you like the game then good if you dont like it trade it in and get Gears of War you people crying and complainig isnt gonna fix anything and this game is great i love it sure commentary sucks thats why i turned it off

#68 thecruiser

thecruiser

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 02:55 PM

My major complaints:

1. CAW mode is extremely poor. That, (and the analog control, which I actually like), was one of the main reasons why I bought the game in the first place.

2. Collision detection is really brutal

3. In a match, the "nosebleed section" of the arena that you are in is completely black, and got really annoying, really fast. (Is there anybody else with this problem? I was thinking that maybe I got a faulty game...)

4. It seems like there was no effort on the sound effects section. When I hit somebody with a chair, JR yelled, "STONE COLD STUNNER! STONE COLD STUNNER!".

I'm not 18, so I don't know if my signature will count, but it's worth a try.

Jeff Smulan,
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
jeff_smulan@hotmail.com

Edited by thecruiser, 16 November 2006 - 03:03 PM.

#69 Dazz

Dazz

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 691 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 03:00 PM

And why exactly did he leave this forum anyway? Over a few glitches in a game? Pathetic if that's the case.

Jesus, if this was a matter of life or death then fine, petition all you want but it's a videogame. If you bought the game after the release date after reading about glitches that's tough shit on you for spending your money after hearing about the glitches. See, they're what happens when demand by kids like yourselves gets so great that they feel they have to release it earlier than planned otherwise they'd be having petitions sent about the game not being out.

They know they have glitches in the game by now, next year's game will be fantastic, rather than signing a petition about this game make some friendly pointers and requests for the next game and they'll be happy to act on that rather than you lot wasting your time for them to see the subject title "Petition" and instantly deleting it.

It's more likely they're gonna delete this than they would if it was a post to give them ideas on what you want for next year.

#70 ajmillan

ajmillan

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 03:27 PM

also the online playing sucks bad there are no lobby's the matches have no referee.
the hell in a cell cage is all transparent you can bearly see it
when you put someone against the TB post outside the superstar doesent hit the post
there is no more futfill your fantasy or 3 stages of hell
there is no 6 man elimination chamber online like they promise
the crowd area is not playble online
when you get eliminated from battle royal you are no longer able to play outside the ring you just crowd disapear and go away online rankings arent as expecific as SVR 06 rankings and many more thing. my point is i think they took away more stuff then they added in the game.

#71 piercethedrk

piercethedrk

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 05:27 PM

"It's more likely they're gonna delete this than they would if it was a post to give them ideas on what you want for next year. "

I thought the idea was to allow them to make improvements to next years game. THat was the only point of my criticisms. I'm not ridiculous enough to expect them to be able to change a game that was already released. der. -_-

#72 HmKurtAngle

HmKurtAngle

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 420 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 05:37 PM

Aye man none of the moves has been removes you just got to unlock them like the other game duh and some moves has been renamed like dupree bomb been rename to french bomb

#73 sonofblaine

sonofblaine

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 06:03 PM

I doubt they'd pay attention, but:

James Gibson
blaine@carolina.rr.com

Also, somthing else imortant to add how you don't have shirts that you can manually change the sleeve length on. And the weight restrictions on moves. According the the games logic, Kurt Angle shouldn't have Technical moves. :lol:

Edited by sonofblaine, 16 November 2006 - 06:12 PM.

#74 Doodee

Doodee

A Metal Head

• Code-X Member
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 06:35 PM

dazz u hit the nail on the head, why make them waste time to fix the game when they could be planing next years game! If they Did take notice and fix the game, it would take a few months at least so that would be earily next year. by then they normally start thinking about giving some earily screen shots of the new game.
So bascily u guys want them to fix this game and make the next game crap?

#75 Slateboard

Slateboard

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 06:47 PM

Ramses Brown

Slateboard@gmail.com