5 replies to this topic

#1 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

Okay so basically all I wanted was for ONE song, to have the correct album artwork. That for what ever reason it refused to sych my album artwork to my ipod.

Now i'm having the sych everything again thats 3000 songs. And it has lost all the album artwork. I have done everything it just refuses to sych the album artwork. I Fucking hate Itunes, I'm looking for iTunes alts but none of them sych to the ipod. I don't wanna be stuck with this controlling shit. I only use to add songs to my ipod and it can't even do that right.

I know someone might say its just album artwork how gives a shit, well to me a album on my ipod feels incomplete without it's cover.

Edited by Socom, 15 April 2013 - 06:06 PM.

#2 Rapunzel

Rapunzel

This is the story of how I died...and went to heaven!

• Code-X Member
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

Try Winamp. You can sync iPods through that.

#3 Socom

Socom

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:30 AM

Yeah I'm going to go with winamp, just need to fix the alubm art issue.

#4 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

Extremely difficult to read all of that that.
A few things. How were you adding artwork to your songs? There are two ways of doing it. Second, why do you have to re-sync all 3,000 songs if you just edited one song? Did you happen to remove your library then reinsert again? If so, that's not iTunes fault.

#5 Socom

Socom

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

I was adding album art by saving to hard disk and then applying it. Worked well for the last two years.

Nothing has happened to my library he is what happened:
iTunes got rid of all my album artwork for no reason. Re-syched and nothing happend, lost of all my album artwork. So here is how I fixed it. I unsintalled ITunes and used Winamp instead. So far its been good unlike iTunes it does not try to control your music.

#6 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

Well that's strange. I've been applying artwork to my tracks for years and nothing has happened. But in any case it's now always good practice to back up your things every once in a while. For instance just recently my iTunes library suddenly disappeared. Disappeared as in, one day I had my stuff...the following day, everything is gone. Did a little research to find out that AVG has a conflict with iTunes. For some reason during scheduled scans, when scanning the folder that contains your library, it creates a new one. Fortunately iTunes creates automatic backups of your library so I didn't lose anything. Just had to remove the current library and select one of the auto-generated ones. All my plays/ratings/artwork/etc, still in contact. But anyway, sorry about your artwork thing. iTunes can't please everybody I suppose.