26 replies to this topic

#1 Freehuey

Freehuey

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Legend
  • 1,972 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Administrator

Posted 06 November 2007 - 11:53 AM

I wasn't expecting much from Raw last night but what a show.

The show opened with DX and I was dreading the lame jokes but this actually came off as funny. It was great seeing Boogeyman saying "I'M THE BOOGEYMAN AND I'M COMIN...to ask if I can join DX." Khali, Hornswoggle,and Coach only added to the funness.d

The video package for Jeff was amazing. I honestly think he should be main eventing right now, he is one of the few wrestlers on Raw who can actually get the crowd excited. The match with Rey proved it. The crowd was so on fire for the ending with Jeff and Rey. Jeff needs to get a bigger push, soon.

Santino/Austin was priceless. If WWE is smart they will push this angle further and let Santino get a rub off Austin somehow. Santino is a star in the making, nothing but great things for him in the future.

Could Beth Phoenix be the best womens champion in years? I think so. Even her squashes are entertaining. I wish they could find a good babyface diva to feud with her.

The main event was fun, could have been better but better than lately.

The only negative was that I wish Mickie would be feuding with Phoenix and not in ANOTHER love angle. What is up with creative and constant love angles? Aside from Santino/Maria, and that is just becuase of the Santino heel turn, NO love angle has went anywhere entertaining. And we are supposed to buy she would be falling for this stupid hick? Bah, Cade & Murdoch are a actual good team and singles I don't think they would go anywhere at the moment. Please don't break them up and put Mickie with Murdoch.

Great, great Raw though. I wish they could be like this each week.

#2 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 06 November 2007 - 11:59 AM

I agree, last night was one of the better Raws I've seen in a long time. I was lol'ing at the DX part. "Who's writing this crap anyway? Oh that's right nobody, they're on strike." The Katie Vick mention was priceless. Hardy and Rey was great. Santino/Austin was great and nostalgic with the beer bath. Just an amazing Raw compared to what we've seen over the last couple of years.

#3 AntiChrist Superstar

AntiChrist Superstar

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,323 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:25 PM

is stone cold gonna be in a match against santino marella? i thought that he was done with wrestling hopefully he fights him beats him and then decides to stay for atleast one more year

the DX match was great it actually imo wasnt as predictibal as alot of people think like o well dx is gonna win but there were times when i thought ortons team was gonna win

BTW

in the servivor series 5v5 match why is Matt Hardy and Kane on raws side? arnt they on SD!?

i understand matt hardy being with jeff hardy in that but i dont understand kane bieng there did raw need more people or something?

#4 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:30 PM

It isn't Raw vs SD!, it's HHH vs Umaga.

#5 Freehuey

Freehuey

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Legend
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:31 PM

Stone Cold is done with wrestling, bad neck. I'm just hoping they try to extend it somehow and put Santino over Austin in some way.

And the Survivor Series match is multi-brand. Faces vs. Heels, so the SD and Raw faces are on the same side as is the heels no matter what brand they are on.

#6 AntiChrist Superstar

AntiChrist Superstar

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,323 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:37 PM

o alright thanks i remeber when i saw undertaker come back when randy orton won it for SD and that was depending on brand but that was a long time ago

#7 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:41 PM

"He's notta going to open a can of the ass whip"

Man, Santino has grown heaps on me. I tune in to Raw each week just to see his segments.

#8 Freehuey

Freehuey

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Legend
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:55 PM

Santino is pretty much the reason I watch Raw at the moment to. I don't really pay attention until I see him. Even better than ass whip.

"JR won't reach the point of orgasm."

or

"I undastand I speak the english"

*Crowd boos*

"Well I speak Italian to...obviously".

He won me over when he took Jillian to the restaurant that Ron Simmons and Maria were at.

#9 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 01:03 PM

To me it was like over the top, like a grand show or something, I mean I was expecting Jeff and Rey to team up and that a hell of a match, plus the DX and Stone Cold returns in one night, the only thing that was missing was Shane jumping off something really big to deliver a huge elbow drop wouldve made it the best Raw this year.

#10 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 01:08 PM

I alway laugh my ass off during Santino segments, but yeah, that JR line was awesome.

Another great line was when HHH was dancing with the Girls Next Door.

JR: King! KEEP YOUR HANDS ON THE TABLE!

#11 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 01:21 PM

Yes Santino is the funniest on the mic

Santino: Stone Cold wont return, and JR wont reach his point of orgasm. :lol: Holy shit I was lmao for like 10 minutes

He was also funny when I heard him commentating Maria matches :lol: I didnt laugh that hard in a match only back when King Booker was commentating Benoit matches.

Edited by Dday141, 06 November 2007 - 01:22 PM.

#12 ~Desperado~

~Desperado~

Never cross a Bandit

• Code-X Member
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 02:30 PM

Raw was great, i wouldnt be surprised if the ratings was high. I laughed when stone cold came out and started to talk to Santino. Laughed even harder when stone cold came out with the beer truck sprayed maria and Santino :lol:

#13 Ryu Hardt

Ryu Hardt

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 152 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:48 PM

I'll have to agree with the rest of you. Definately the best Raw of the year.

When Superstars kept coming out and asking if they could be a part of D-Generation X, I figured they were going to play it off as people wanting them around for longer then one night, but I'm glad they aren't. If they team up from time to time as DX, I'm sure the fans will be satisfied. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see DX return full-time again, but I think they'd just get stale fast. Pretty much all of the segments with DX had me entertained. I love how they play on Shawn's religious belief's. "Ask Shawn. We all know he can't lie."

The Stone Cold/Santino angle was great too. I'm not a big fan of Santino's (yet, but last night got me behind him a little), so I figured it'd be boring until Stone Cold showed and delivered the Stone Cold Stunner. Anymore when you see Austin, you know whoever is in the ring will be getting Stunned sometime during the segment. When Austin said he'd be right back, I had an idea of what he was going to do, but I never thought we'd see the Beer Hose ever again. That was great. When Maria was in the ring I was hoping for something to slip down, if you know what I mean. ;-P

I loved the Jeff Hardy tribute/promo. I agree with whomever said the WWE needs to push him soon. Granted he's gotten in trouble in the past when he was about to get a push, but I think he's learned his lesson and is ready to carry Raw for awhile. I'm pretty sure most of the fans (at least those in L.A.) are ready for him too.

There were just so many great moments last night. I wish Creative could always be this... creative.

#14 Sharpshooter93

Sharpshooter93

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

• Code-X Member
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:57 PM

View PostRyu Hardt, on Nov 6 2007, 07:48 PM, said:

When Maria was in the ring I was hoping for something to slip down, if you know what I mean. ;-P

I loved the Jeff Hardy tribute/promo. I agree with whomever said the WWE needs to push him soon. Granted he's gotten in trouble in the past when he was about to get a push, but I think he's learned his lesson and is ready to carry Raw for awhile. I'm pretty sure most of the fans (at least those in L.A.) are ready for him too.

There were just so many great moments last night. I wish Creative could always be this... creative.

Ya i agree with the maria thing for sure!!!

Jeff gets cheered wherever he goes. He is an awesome wrestler, and if he got better at the mic, i think he could go all the way to the top. Thats the only thing that i think is holding him back.

#15 xGaMeRxIV

xGaMeRxIV

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 07:04 PM

As everyone else has said, that was a great RAW, man & I loved it when SCSA turned on the beer hose and some of the beer went into the crowd!

#16 JeRicHo0L

JeRicHo0L

Code-X Made SvR06 Legendary!

• Code-X Member
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 07:08 PM

ya i couldnt even enjoy the matches cos i allways had the dx and santino marella thing in my head :P
sensationel RAW

#17 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 08:14 PM

I hope this is the norm from now on for Raws. I want to see creative try to top and beat this Raw. Man, that was one of the better Raws this decade.

#18 DoubleJ

DoubleJ

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 769 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:39 PM

Did they are a Save_US video on RAW? I agree it was a great RAW, only problem is it seemed likeit went too quick.

#19 Freehuey

Freehuey

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Legend
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 01:39 AM

Ohh man I forgot about the Save_Us, weird how after like a month of Raw and that is always the big thing this time it is a great Raw that everyone is remembering.

The video said like "The answer is the code, the code is the answer." Intriguing.

#20 DoubleJ

DoubleJ

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 769 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 01:46 AM

That's not a bad thing Huey. I'll watch it later.

#21 The Oddjob

The Oddjob

Code x's local oddball

• Code-X Member
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:31 AM

it was very good raw this week,

" yes that is a midget between my legs" that was funny

dont you think boogeyman, hornswoggle, khali and his manager would be amazing in DX?

#22 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:36 AM

View PostTheKGBIsAfterYou, on Nov 6 2007, 10:14 PM, said:

I hope this is the norm from now on for Raws. I want to see creative try to top and beat this Raw. Man, that was one of the better Raws this decade.
Yea that would be awesome but I say its just a one night thing. Like why they say a one night only for DX? Why not a return for DX? Return of SCSA? So yea it was like Raw 300th episode, just spectatular *idc if its spelled wrong* B)

#23 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

See the sig for where good television has gone.

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts
  • Location:Think Wizard of Oz, for that's all the information you're getting! :lol:

Posted 07 November 2007 - 12:19 PM

Like why they say a one night only for DX?
Vince hates DX, remember?

Why not a return for DX?
This is because it gets stale very quickly (see the return a year previous).

Return of SCSA?
With his bad neck, his matches/fights are always predictable, although the nastalgic beer bath was awesome!

hornswoggle, khali and his manager would be amazing in DX?
How would that work if they're promoting a Hornswoggle vs Khali "match"?

Edited by wwfpooh, 07 November 2007 - 12:20 PM.

#24 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:54 PM

Raw went from a 3.5 last week to a 3.7, and almost a 3.8, this week. The rating should be higher next week now that people are talking about how good this Raw was.

#25 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 03:51 PM

Man after all that, I think next week Raw gonna blow. Like ok its back to the boring storylines and matches again.