• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#26 live4this

live4this

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 05:00 PM

If Kane gets a title push maybe he can feud with Batista.

#27 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

See the sig for where good television has gone.

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts
  • Location:Think Wizard of Oz, for that's all the information you're getting! :lol:

Posted 27 July 2006 - 05:07 PM

live4this, on Jul 27 2006, 06:00 PM, said:

If Kane gets a title push maybe he can feud with Batista.
Yeah. Kane does deserve a push.

#28 live4this

live4this

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 05:14 PM

Amen,he does deserve it and I think it will happen because Booker T will lose to Batista,Khali can't wrestle,Undertaker is a part-time wrestler,and so that leaves Kane as the lone main eventer

#29 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts
  • Location:Think Wizard of Oz, for that's all the information you're getting! :lol:

Posted 27 July 2006 - 05:15 PM

live4this, on Jul 27 2006, 06:14 PM, said:

Amen,he does deserve it and I think it will happen because Booker T will lose to Batista,Khali can't wrestle,Undertaker is a part-time wrestler,and so that leaves Kane as the lone main eventer

The thing is...Kane'd only be a short-term champ, if he even gets the belt, because he, like Taker (and for RAW/DX, HBK) is set to retire in 2007.

And Henry WILL return eventually, no doubt, and WILL be back into the title hunt.
Many people that are in--or surpass--Henry's level of competition are more well-rounded and have better gimmicks, whereas for Henry, he lacks a credible gimmick to get him over & he's only about power...which is his downfall, because when one only has one setting (i.e. can only do so much and has only one style of moves), many fans look down upon that as a lack of actual ability.

Edited by wwfpooh, 27 July 2006 - 05:19 PM.

#30 live4this

live4this

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 05:21 PM

That would be something if Taker fought his last match at Wrestlemania and kept the undefeated streak alive.

#31 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 05:26 PM

live4this, on Jul 27 2006, 06:21 PM, said:

That would be something if Taker fought his last match at Wrestlemania and kept the undefeated streak alive.
He WILL, I'm sure. That would one of a LONG list of reasons to make The Deadman a Hall of Famer.

#32 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 05:29 PM

taker was up for jobing to kane @ wm but kane declined so I think he probably will keep the streak alive

#33 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 05:34 PM

macman, on Jul 27 2006, 06:29 PM, said:

taker was up for jobing to kane @ wm but kane declined so I think he probably will keep the streak alive
Yeah, Taker wanted to be fair to Kane and let him win one, but Kane politely declined, knowing that the streak would do nothing but help Taker into the HOF one day.

#34 //A.E.

//A.E.

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 157 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 05:45 PM

I watch Smackdown Regardless.
They put on good lenghty matches which is what i want to see.
I hope Sd! people that are being taken off the road are ok and don't got that hepatitis.

#35 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 05:55 PM

//A.E., on Jul 27 2006, 06:45 PM, said:

I watch Smackdown Regardless.
They put on good lenghty matches which is what i want to see.
I hope Sd! people that are being taken off the road are ok and don't got that hepatitis.
Lengthy matches don't always make GOOD matches.

#36 //A.E.

//A.E.

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 157 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 05:57 PM

That's Not what I meant.
I meant that they put on some good lengthy matches
I didn't mean they were all good.

Edited by //A.E., 27 July 2006 - 05:58 PM.

#37 Guest_Stu_*

Guest_Stu_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2006 - 05:58 PM

For once :P, pooh is right (kidding). I mean, look at Angle vs Benoit at Wrestlemania X7 - eighteen minutes, not that long. It was one of the best matches ever. Wrestlemania XX - Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar. A match so boring it felt like it lasted an hour. Not a good match :( - biggest let down in the history of the WWE.

#38 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 06:00 PM

~ The Hitman ~, on Jul 27 2006, 06:58 PM, said:

For once :P, pooh is right (kidding). I mean, look at Angle vs Benoit at Wrestlemania X7 - eighteen minutes, not that long. It was one of the best matches ever. Wrestlemania XX - Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar. A match so boring it felt like it lasted an hour. Not a good match :( - biggest let down in the history of the WWE.
Then again, with Lesnar (who was on his way out), egotistical Goldberg, and liability Austin as ref, who expected the match to be good? <_<

#39 Guest_Stu_*

Guest_Stu_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2006 - 06:03 PM

Well, it was supposed to be clash of the titans. The two unstoppable forces (except by outside interferance) and a lot of people thought they'd go out with a bang. Instead, they go out with a 10 minute lockup and three finishers....
The best part of the match: not the stunner at the end, but the crowd chanting "nah nah nah nah - goodbye" to Brock and "you sold out" to Bill. It was amazing because at one point I swear to god Lesnar was nearly in tears.

Mind you, I'd welcome Lesnar back into WWE with open arms.

P.S. You forgot that Goldberg also was on his way out (that was both of their last matches)

#40 live4this

live4this

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 06:19 PM

Yea lengthy matches aren't always good but the Angle vs. Lesnar match at I believe it was Wrestlemania X9, was tight.

#41 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 06:53 PM

~ The Hitman ~, on Jul 27 2006, 07:03 PM, said:

Well, it was supposed to be clash of the titans. The two unstoppable forces (except by outside interferance) and a lot of people thought they'd go out with a bang. Instead, they go out with a 10 minute lockup and three finishers....
The best part of the match: not the stunner at the end, but the crowd chanting "nah nah nah nah - goodbye" to Brock and "you sold out" to Bill. It was amazing because at one point I swear to god Lesnar was nearly in tears.

Mind you, I'd welcome Lesnar back into WWE with open arms.

P.S. You forgot that Goldberg also was on his way out (that was both of their last matches)
I'd welcome Brock back now, for WWE needs him. Years ago when WWE was doing fine without him...no.

#42 LettersFromWar

LettersFromWar

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 4,439 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 09:38 PM

This may be a bit off topic, but how many WWE Superstars does Smackdown! have now? With all the liver problems and such they can't have too many left.

#43 //A.E.

//A.E.

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 157 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 09:52 PM

Smackdown has about 23 i think.
not counting miz.
Gymini's should be back soon,Boogeymans back in august,dunno about everyone else yet. Anyone Know if Mercury will be back shortly?
I'm also expecting to see hardcore Holly back soon as well

#44 HmKurtAngle

HmKurtAngle

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 420 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 10:12 PM

wwfpooh, on Jul 27 2006, 06:15 PM, said:

live4this, on Jul 27 2006, 06:14 PM, said:

The thing is...Kane'd only be a short-term champ, if he even gets the belt, because he, like Taker (and for RAW/DX, HBK) is set to retire in 2007.

And Henry WILL return eventually, no doubt, and WILL be back into the title hunt.
Many people that are in--or surpass--Henry's level of competition are more well-rounded and have better gimmicks, whereas for Henry, he lacks a credible gimmick to get him over & he's only about power...which is his downfall, because when one only has one setting (i.e. can only do so much and has only one style of moves), many fans look down upon that as a lack of actual ability.
So what he only got one set style move look at john cena lol he does the same shit but yet he was champ for a long time why try to take away credibility just because he has certain moves he done.Kane is Like Cena,but cena use to win now cena on a loosin streak just like kane,and cena still get shots wtf? Cena 6 moves of doom,And Kane has about more then 12 moves done actually in the ring.

So i say he gets a title shot for havin # of moves over cena,and that its wrong for them to kill the kane vs kane storyline.i think they should of have the kane come back ,and did alittle more then just having kane unmask him and dont even show the dude face.

#45 live4this

live4this

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 12:34 AM

Well Cena has the most fan support so to keep the liitle kids happy they have to give Cena his shots even though I agree with you.JBL needs to be brought back to be in the SD title hunt.

#46 Guest_Stu_*

Guest_Stu_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:39 AM

Okay the last two posts, I have to step in now. I'm sorry but you guys are completely off the page here.
1. Cena is in no way on a losing streak. Carlito is on a losing streak. But Cena has won just this week on RAW!
2. Of course using very few moves downs your ability. Why do you think the likes of Triple H, Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Undertaker are considered the best in history? Because they can pull off new moves and aren't afraid to experiment.
3. How was it wrong to kill the Kane vs Kane storyline? The crowd were shouting boring, just as I would have done if I was at that match - and I'm not afraid to admit that.
4. The end of the storyline where Kane unmasked him was just to kill it off about two months before the scheduled end of the story.
5. No, Cena never became champion because of the "little kiddies". The guy became champion because of matches like at Vengeance 2003, No Mercy 2003, Survivor Series 2003, Backlash 2004, Wrestlemania XX. That is why he was given the shot because he had proven himself.

Rant over.

#47 mark1

mark1

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 331 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 06:45 AM

~ The Hitman ~, on Jul 28 2006, 03:39 AM, said:

Okay the last two posts, I have to step in now. I'm sorry but you guys are completely off the page here.

2. Of course using very few moves downs your ability. Why do you think the likes of Triple H, Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Undertaker are considered the best in history? Because they can pull off new moves and aren't afraid to experiment.

Rant over.
Not to mention, they can actually sell.

At first I didnt mind Cena but no I really do hate the guy for his matches and just seeing him overall.

He's ******* horrible in the ring, his delivery on punches are up there with Mike Knox's punching someone's shoulder.

Cena is ******* horrible at selling moves and don't give me the bullshit that its creative's fault because none of us knows ANY truth behind that. I sure as hell don't give creative all the blame like some of you do.

I studied a couple of Cena matches and noticed he did all the moves in the same order.

Not like a HBK order but his entire match.

WWE is aiming at a lower demographic which aint cutting for the 18-49 demographic.

I don't want to see some whack jack of a "soldier" try and cut a promo while trying to be funny. (don't give me the bullshit that is was creative because we don't even know)

The guy can be energetic but guess what? He is going to end like the other champs that were shoved down our throat.

He aint never going to be in the hall fame...Hell people will remember him in the light that Ultimate warrior is remember"just a WWE champion"

Good riddance to John Cena.

#48 Guest_Stu_*

Guest_Stu_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2006 - 07:04 AM

I beg to differ. Cena has not been performing as of late, especially when it comes to his parts of the match - BUT! you can also not deny he's had some of the best matches of the past three years (e.g. vs Undertaker, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, JBL).

He'll never be in the hall of fame? I'm sorry, but if you're WWE Champion for thirteen months running (minus three weeks to Edge), if you're undefeated at Wrestlemania - picking up two main event victories and winning three title matches - I think that should be sufficient. And since we still have at least ten years of John Cena, I think he's going to mount on that.

If you've ever seen a John Cena match from his early days, you'd be telling me something completely different. You wouldn't say he's a bad wrestler. You wouldn't even think about it. You'd say: "He's not as good as he used to be".

That is the bottom line - so all of this "Cena can't wrestle" stuff is, in the words of you: Bullshit.

#49 mark1

mark1

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 331 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 07:27 AM

The thing is, even then I don't think his matches were great.

You guys can also aruge the fact that his raps were great. Wow rhyming really gets you over. :rolleyes:

You guys can say whatever you want about his old matches and I'll tell you I think he sucked back then. Couldn't sell for shit back then either.

I can also deny that those matches weren't all they were cracked up to be.

In the words of me again:

Cena can't wrestle.

Wanna se a real wrestler? Look at Bret Hart. He could tell a story as far as breaking an opponent down.

Edited by mark1, 28 July 2006 - 07:29 AM.

#50 Guest_Stu_*

Guest_Stu_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2006 - 07:31 AM

Hang on, you're calling pure wrestling (which is what it was) against Kurt Angle a bad match? You're calling a match that made it on the Undertaker's collection of greatest matches (Tombstone DVD) a bad match? The match against Undertaker was impressive even for the then-rookie John Cena. The tactics he used - working on internal injuries. The ability to take Angle to school on his first ever match. You're telling me he can't wrestle, and I'm supposed to believe it?

Oh yeah, Bret Hart is a great wrestler - one of the best of all time - which is why he made it to number two on my favourite wrestlers list. But its a bit unfair to compare any wrestler (unless you're the likes of Angle or Shawn Michaels) to Bret Hart - when it comes to wrestling ability. Hell, if you compare Triple H to Bret Hart, you could say Triple H can't wrestle - when he damn sure can.