R.V.D. in T.N.A.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
84 replies to this topic

#26 Guest_Stu_*

Guest_Stu_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2007 - 12:53 PM

Did I ever say Lashley and Test were? Hell no. No-one can save that brand. No-one.

Not going to Iraq - despite it being optional, just shows a complete lack of respect towards many parties and has made him unpopular with many backstage. Orton won't main event wrestlemania - unless they f up and make it a four way for the title. RVD used pot DURING a title reign. Way to go. What does that tell Vince straight away? Don't ever give a title back to this guy is what I'd think.

And to be perfectly honest, I've never seen the hype about RVD's in-ring skills. Sure he's okay, but he's not the all knowing superstar that people make him out to be. He lacks selling, psychology and his high flying is often botched.

#27 dttm667

dttm667

The end result is always your money in my tray. 7, 14, 21.

• Code-X Member
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 03:18 PM

Dis-respectful? How about making the trip mandatory for only one worker? And then shunning him for not going. RVD disagrees with the war, as do I. And that is the reason he refuses to go, it has nothing to do with respect....It's personal polotics, you cant force someone to do something that your not forcing anyone else to do!!!!

Hogan was rocking the roids for the majority of the 80's, during all of his title reigns!!!

#28 PLA ICON

PLA ICON

PHOENIX'S BITTER BITTER RIVAL!

• Code-X Member
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 03:33 PM

View Postdttm667, on Jan 28 2007, 09:18 AM, said:

Dis-respectful? How about making the trip mandatory for only one worker? And then shunning him for not going. RVD disagrees with the war, as do I. And that is the reason he refuses to go, it has nothing to do with respect....It's personal polotics, you cant force someone to do something that your not forcing anyone else to do!!!!

Hogan was rocking the roids for the majority of the 80's, during all of his title reigns!!!

the 80's and the 00's are completely different...you can't compare those 2...

rvd has refused year after year to go on this trip and he has been told many times its not good to do so yet he continues to refuse...i like rvd but i do not feel he deserves to be world champ...like stu said he was given the ball and wat'd he do, he was busted for possesion of not only pot but a pipe as well as sabu being caught w/ those non-prescribed pills..

orton got busted smokin a j and was SUSPENDED!!! he was takin off tv w/ out pay!!

RVD hasn't done anything special in years..same match same gimmick same everything...he's a hardcore wrestler in an entertainment world...

I also heard he didn't bother to make a sincere apology about his bust and was very nonchalant in court...

RVD can go to TNA all he likes he will get his big title run and get pushed aside for another ex-wwe star that comes in afterwards!!

#29 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:04 PM

I keep hearing about steroids in the 80's. As Icon said, times have changed and 'roids are no longer tolerated. Vince used them during a time when it was ok to allow steroids. You can't base an argument based on steroid users of the past getting big pushes. If Benoit started using 'roids now, he won't be getting any push. As a matter of fact, it has been known that RVD is a pot smoker for ages now. WWF knew this and still hired RVD. Surely RVD gets himself blasted (lolz) from time to time and he's not been fired. Not until he publicly got busted for illegal narcotics did his push end. And I don't care what your stance on weed is because it does not change the fact that it is an illegal substance in the United States.

The past is the past. Back then there wasn't a tough crackdown on "enhancement drugs" as today. Even professional baseball players used the 'roids to help them hit homers. In today's day and age, the use of steroids is not tolerated and punishments are enforced. Wrestling was no different. Use 'roids and turn the other cheek. Use 'roids now and you're busted.

RVD screwed up big time for neglecting to be EXTRA careful with his drug addiction. While being champ, he got busted for weed. Busted in the USA where weed is illegal. I don't blame WWE for punishing him.

#30 dttm667

dttm667

The end result is always your money in my tray. 7, 14, 21.

• Code-X Member
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 11:41 PM

Doesnt change the fact that other superstars are caught doing far worse, and they get off with a slap on the wrist....As where Van Dam now has a permament glass cieling over his head. And let me remind you of how upset Van Dam is with the ECW product alone. He has discussed in public the thought of going to TNA, and in at least one case has said "I'm working on it." So regardless of what anyone really thinks of the matter, he will be in TNA eventually.

And Sergio has also pointed out the hypocrisy in hiring a known pot smoker, and then to permanently punish him for getting busted 1 time in 5 years of hard work. The fact that 'heads were turned away' until he got caught and it's "Oh no! PUNISH HIM!" Vince may not be the ******* everyone makes him up to be, but we all know he is a hyppocrite. And this is proof of it. I dont argue with the stripping of the titles....But he's done his 'time' and this certainly doesnt warrent a permanent glass cieling. The Iraq trip shouldnt even be a part of the argument, it's not RVD's fault that Vince's high and mighty attitude doesnt allow him not to take the gesture as an insult. Vince wasnt always over RVD's shoulder, in fact it was RVD who pushed to have one more night for ECW, and being responsible for the whole Re-Birth, and now as far as Vince is concerned RVD will never be capable of leading the product....And then we will come back to the fact that RVD probably doesnt even WANT to lead this WWECW product anyway, and even if given the strap I would expect him to leave. I could go on for hours with reasons why RVD would be contemplating going to TNA....Everything from Vince, to the firing of Heyman.

You dont turn your head the other way, and then pull the rug out from under him when things get sour.

#31 Stephen

Stephen

Torrie Wilson's Husband

• Banned
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 12:09 AM

this is what i'm talking about i hate haters people need a 2nd chances sometimes...RVD is no different if he misses up again than just fire him...so he can go to TNA RVD is still a great wreslter in my opinion you can't say he isn't just cus he wresltes the same are cus he smoked weed 7 or 8 months ago...he should get an ECW title run again it's a hell of alot better than TEST are some other wished up wreslter like him having the ******* title...and IF WWE doesn't get him a chance...go to TNA and get a have a few NWA title runs than in a few months/years... and hell if and when TNA puts him on the "meddle card" like Icon said than give him a few X Disvsion title runs...it's not hard to see the tenat of RVD put him it ANY Wreslting Companys and he will sccessed given a chance in my opinion...i see no point in DEBATING this anymore i have say my peace...and all i'm doing is repeating myself again and again

#32 Guest_Stu_*

Guest_Stu_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2007 - 02:06 AM

View PostEvilMadness, on Jan 31 2007, 06:09 AM, said:

RVD is still a great wreslter
Its not just the weed. He's genuinely overrated as a wrestler. I don't understand what the hype is about. He's just an average wrestler, to be perfectly honest with you. What makes him so special then? Dedication? So is Val Venis, but if he came on Raw on Monday and won the WWE Title, you'd all be going "what the **** is that?". Dedication means squat to me - you either have to be a great wrestler to hold that title (like Angle or Benoit), or be good for marketing whilst also being good on the mic (such as The Rock and John Cena). RVD comes under neither of these categories. I don't hate RVD, I respect what he's done in the past, but he's nothing special in terms of wrestling skill, to be honest with you. Where's his psychology, his chemistry, his emotion?

#33 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 02:12 AM

View Postdttm667, on Jan 30 2007, 11:41 PM, said:

Doesnt change the fact that other superstars are caught doing far worse, and they get off with a slap on the wrist....As where Van Dam now has a permament glass cieling over his head. And let me remind you of how upset Van Dam is with the ECW product alone. He has discussed in public the thought of going to TNA, and in at least one case has said "I'm working on it." So regardless of what anyone really thinks of the matter, he will be in TNA eventually.

And Sergio has also pointed out the hypocrisy in hiring a known pot smoker, and then to permanently punish him for getting busted 1 time in 5 years of hard work. The fact that 'heads were turned away' until he got caught and it's "Oh no! PUNISH HIM!" Vince may not be the ******* everyone makes him up to be, but we all know he is a hyppocrite. And this is proof of it. I dont argue with the stripping of the titles....But he's done his 'time' and this certainly doesnt warrent a permanent glass cieling. The Iraq trip shouldnt even be a part of the argument, it's not RVD's fault that Vince's high and mighty attitude doesnt allow him not to take the gesture as an insult. Vince wasnt always over RVD's shoulder, in fact it was RVD who pushed to have one more night for ECW, and being responsible for the whole Re-Birth, and now as far as Vince is concerned RVD will never be capable of leading the product....And then we will come back to the fact that RVD probably doesnt even WANT to lead this WWECW product anyway, and even if given the strap I would expect him to leave. I could go on for hours with reasons why RVD would be contemplating going to TNA....Everything from Vince, to the firing of Heyman.

You dont turn your head the other way, and then pull the rug out from under him when things get sour.
I think it is clearer to me why you are mad. You hate the punishment being a permanent glass ceiling rather than a temporary one. I understand and agree. A permanent one is too harsh but lord knows RVD will not find it in him to put down the pot. Pot seems to be his life which is sad. When you have a job making thousands of dollars and your boss tells you to stop smoking pot AND you choose the pot over the job.... something is wrong big time.

Anyway... about the unfair permanent punishment...

This is just a guess, but I feel the punishment on RVD is probably permanent because Vince knows that RVD is a lost cause. Vince knows that RVD is outspoken and is not favoring to resign a new contract when it expires. Why would Vince want to push RVD, a man who is just in WWE waiting for his contract to expire just so he can go to TNA. Vince would be an idiot to push him knowing he'd just be hyping him up more for TNA's benefit.

A good example of this is WMXX (Brock Lesner vs. Goldberg). In this match, it was Lesner's last match and Goldberg was "undecided." Since Lesner turned his back on WWE (no matter how supportive WWE may have seemed), they still felt the knife sink in considering Lesner was a huge star and a needed talent for the SD brand. Lesner's departure foreshadowed his loss at Mania. Goldberg won that match because there was a possibility that he would resign. That is why the victory went to the one who would stay (based on possibility anyway). However, since both these competitors were calling it quits in WWE, they used Stone Cold as the special ref and had him deliver stunners to both of them as a symbolic "F off." Stone Cold got the biggest pop in that match.

That's just how I feel anyway. RVD is like a brat right now. He's like a crybaby who is threatening to leave just because he isn't getting his cookie. WWE is too big to care and they won't kneel for him. They'll boot him and toss him into a garbage can where you will find Jeff Jarret pushing a shopping cart and searching for valuables in the dumpsters awaiting to find a free agent, RVD. :lol:

In the end, all RVD and WWE BS aside.... I think RVD would have a better time in TNA. Although I agree with Icon. TNA will utilize RVD as their main attraction for a few months until they aquire a new guy and push RVD away. It's like when Rhyno came to TNA. It was OMG Rhyno! He's been in the title scene for a few months and then suddenly the new guy TNA hired was put in the title hunt. TNA, although I love it... seems like they are the "OMG look what we found" brand.

I seemed to have rambled on too much. Anyway, I hope RVD success wherever he ends up.

#34 PLA ICON

PLA ICON

• Code-X Member
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 05:40 AM

View PostSergio, on Jan 28 2007, 08:12 PM, said:

In the end, all RVD and WWE BS aside.... I think RVD would have a better time in TNA. Although I agree with Icon. TNA will utilize RVD as their main attraction for a few months until they aquire a new guy and push RVD away. It's like when Rhyno came to TNA. It was OMG Rhyno! He's been in the title scene for a few months and then suddenly the new guy TNA hired was put in the title hunt. TNA, although I love it... seems like they are the "OMG look what we found" brand.

I seemed to have rambled on too much. Anyway, I hope RVD success wherever he ends up.

i'm so glad someone else realized this about TNA. It seems that they are just trying to get the big ratings and fan-base off of the wwe's lost talent. Hmmm lets see who's been in the title scene so far. Jarrett(big in wcw i.c. champ in wwe), shamrock, sabu(ecw), Killings, raven(mostly ecw nostalgia), Rhino, Christian, Sting(huge in wcw) and now cage again soon to be angle..

The only guys who havent come from a big promotion to hold the world title were well nobody except Abyss. I was soo happy tna put the belt on him I was hoping they'd come to there senses and decided that they needed to establish there own stars and make them seem more credible. How many months was joe built up in the x-division as one of the most credible champs of all time? Then they have him say he wants in the heavyweight division and what do they do? They feud him w/ STEINER!??! Now they feud him w/ angle and have him bassically dominate angle in there matches and they give angle the title shot..WTF IS THAT?!?!

MY POINT IS TNA doesn;t know how to push guys in there title scenes. It seems like whenever they attain a new BIG STAR they automatically feel he needs to be in the title hunt to establish him as one of there main guys, which is b.s.!!

I marked out when abyss and joe had there first ever confrontation in a tna ring. I was psyched about a possible joe/abyss feud but what does tna do, they feed abyss to sting cuz there both mysterious freaks and bassically re-do every single wcw storyline possible..

I know RVD will get the belt once he goes to tna but really what does a world title run matter when there just gonna push him down to mid-card status or maybe lower main event status(i.e. joe, sting, abyss, steiner) once they aquire someone else who jumps ship(carlito, super crazy, masters, benjamin, helms..all great stars w/ tons of potential being held back) RVD will be TNA's flavor of the month for ohhh say 3-5 maybe 6 months and they will grow tired of him as a headliner and slowly decrease his Push...

However right now for RVD TNa is def. his best bet to get the mainstream coverage he wants and def. needs!!
I love RVD just as much as the ppl defending him in this topic I just don't feel he deserves a main event spot in the wwe.

#35 Stephen

Stephen

Torrie Wilson's Husband

• Banned
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 12:07 AM

RVD should jump to TNA his telent would be better used there...as i said before and yes maybe they would be tired of him as their Major Champion and then they would put him in the X-Devision that would be great to see i like that idea better than him being in their Heavyweight Devision...i'll tell you why it would gave him a chance to be the old RVD the ECW RVD from the old todays...i never got to see that RVD the one who did those crazy ass moves in ECW...they would uses that one cus TNA doesn't ban all there Superstars from doing big high flying moves like jumping for the turnbuck to the fans or stuff like that TNA would get him a push not only as the main card Champion (the NWA Champion) but as the middle card Champion to (the X-Devision champion) which i just said would be great to see now i think TNA will get RVD about 3 big pushes before they put them in the middle card like you said

which they do and would do with RVD but he would still get those psuhes to be NWA champion i think they would make him lose it then win it than lose it and than win it a final time...than they would put him in the middle card and let him have a push their to...give him a big fued for the X-Devision title let them him start to use some of those big moves he used to use in ECW and...say "the Old RVD is back" or something like that...it would be a great gimmick lol for TNA to use for him in a year are so after he gets there after the 3 push they should give him before he goes to the middle card and then they could use that "old RVD" gimmick for him and let him have a few push their and it would be great for their Rateing to it gives RVD a big push in the X-Devision

plus it would help them start to become better like WWE...and it would help them start to grow as a Company to a biggier Company to some what compete with WWE in a larger umm playing field...WWE doesn't use RVD to his Fullest thow...they need to start seeing how good he is and how they can use him to beat TNA more to destory in before it becomes a new WCW...i would forget the pasted year and give him a push again as ECW Champion...Bobby Leshely doesn't have anyone to facts at WreslteMania yet RVD would be a great #1 contender for him to face...plus it would give RVD that last chance i was talking about earlier...let RVD beat Lashely at Mania it a classic Extreme Rules Match 30 mins. are so it

#36 KarmaRocketX

KarmaRocketX

Makes examples by not becoming one.

• Code-X Member
  • 699 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 04:50 PM

All I can say is GOD NO.

If RVD goes to that 3rd rate promotion he MUST have made a decision like that while high. TNA halready had it's left foot in the grave and the right foot is currently swinging that way as well, thanks to Russo. TNA was already quite bad, but is just embarassing, now.

If RVD signs up with any company, it should be WSX, which, based on the 30 minute premire, (which is the freshest and best wrestling product i've seen in the last few years) is looking to be the real future of the industry. It's certainly, the only show worth watching right now, and RVD could elevate it even more.

Wheras he's being buried in WWE(ECW) right now (which blows beyond imagining right now, anyway) and in TNA, that's a move that's pretty much destined to kill off what's left of his career.

WSX is probably the only place left now for him. (And I know that people are scoffing at WSX becuase they already had their minds made up becuase of the letters MTV attached to it, but I still predict strongly that as a wrestling fan for over 2 decades, now WSX is the only mainstream television wrestling product that dosn't outright suck.)

RVD needs a new, fresh start in a company that can use him well and appreciate him, and also join a company that he can do something FOR. TNA is so bad that it's beyond saving and that would kill his career. I mean look how it pretty much destroyed what remained of Kurt Angle's career.

I seriously disagree with RVD signing his career's own death warrant by going to work for TNA: A company on it's deathbed. He'll just be put into some confusing, bizarrely and terribly booked situation, fade into obscurity and be looked at as the guy who made bad decicions, and then shipped himself off to waste away at Total Nonstop Apathy.

He needs a fresh company that will be open into letting him build something great into. WSX and RVD could make each other, while TNA would just use him miserably and then kill off his career, faster than WWE currently is.

Edited by KarmaRocketX, 06 February 2007 - 04:57 PM.

#37 PLA ICON

PLA ICON

• Code-X Member
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 05:14 PM

View PostKarmaRocketX, on Feb 4 2007, 10:50 AM, said:

All I can say is GOD NO.

If RVD goes to that 3rd rate promotion he MUST have made a decision like that while high. TNA halready had it's left foot in the grave and the right foot is currently swinging that way as well, thanks to Russo. TNA was already quite bad, but is just embarassing, now.

If RVD signs up with any company, it should be WSX, which, based on the 30 minute premire, (which is the freshest and best wrestling product i've seen in the last few years) is looking to be the real future of the industry. It's certainly, the only show worth watching right now, and RVD could elevate it even more.

Wheras he's being buried in WWE(ECW) right now (which blows beyond imagining right now, anyway) and in TNA, that's a move that's pretty much destined to kill off what's left of his career.

WSX is probably the only place left now for him. (And I know that people are scoffing at WSX becuase they already had their minds made up becuase of the letters MTV attached to it, but I still predict strongly that as a wrestling fan for over 2 decades, now WSX is the only mainstream television wrestling product that dosn't outright suck.)

RVD needs a new, fresh start in a company that can use him well and appreciate him, and also join a company that he can do something FOR. TNA is so bad that it's beyond saving and that would kill his career. I mean look how it pretty much destroyed what remained of Kurt Angle's career.

I seriously disagree with RVD signing his career's own death warrant by going to work for TNA: A company on it's deathbed. He'll just be put into some confusing, bizarrely and terribly booked situation, fade into obscurity and be looked at as the guy who made bad decicions, and then shipped himself off to waste away at Total Nonstop Apathy.

He needs a fresh company that will be open into letting him build something great into. WSX and RVD could make each other, while TNA would just use him miserably and then kill off his career, faster than WWE currently is.

I hope you only watched the first episode because If you were to watch the 2nd show you wouldn't be praising wsx...

There editing of the matches is horrible, the ring announcer is horrible, the commentary is pretty bad, to many stupid explosions that make no sense..

seriously wsx the future of wrestling!??!

WWE is burying rvd because rvd is acting like a little baby backstage scoffing everyone off and pretty much talkin shit saying out loud "im not re-signing im goin to tna" so why the hell would wwe push him when he's outright saying he's leaving..

I agree that tna's product has been going downhill as of late thanks to russo however I think rvd going to tna would be his best option besides roh, which doesn't have a tv deal. If rvd goes to tna they will undoubtedly push him as a main event guy and maybe it could revive his career and he could jump back to the wwe after a year or 2...I'm sure if he gained a good amount of success and popularity in tna vince would love to swoop him back up and AWAY from tna...

also tna didn't kill kurts career KURT killed his own career by leaving wwe and being a prick backstage in ecw when they wouldnt give him the belt...His in ring work is shotty now and he moves so much slower...kurt angle is such a sad story...it's kinda like steiner when he decided to focus more on his body than his wrestling and he turned into this "freak *******" character big poppa pump

Edited by Icon, 06 February 2007 - 05:16 PM.

#38 Stephen

Stephen

Torrie Wilson's Husband

• Banned
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 12:34 AM

i have to agree with Icon on ONE thing WSX would be the Wreslting Company that ended his career not TNA i've never heard of it and that shows how bad it really is...now TNA would be the best Company from him...WWE isn't giveing him the push he earned yeah he got busted for durgs a year ago...a year ago it's been that long and they haven't given him another chance that's sad and it shows that they are tryig to hold him back...RVD should be given another chance as the ECW Champion and maybe somehow given another Chance to hold both titles again like before...i say that becuase it's a chance to just start over again...just said Rob forget about that drug thing...be the Champion from a few mouths mabye til Summerslam and then we'll work from there...RVD is a great Wreslter i know he missed up he got what to desvered mouths ago just drop it and let it go...or let RVD go to TNA

and Stop holding him back...now like Icon said TNA will most likely give him a push but like i said i think that push would lated about a year before they put him on the mddle card...see the main card push would go like this...RVD would be the Champion like three times over the year (like Christian they are still pushing him in this main card round this is his 2nd time as NWA champion he might get one more run as NWA Champion) than i think they would move them to the middle card which would be better i think...cus he would get a chance to be the old ECW RVD...that gimmick would be great RVD as the X-Devision Champion for a helf of a year again...they would uses the gimmick "The Old RVD is BACK!" or something like that to start his title runs as X-Devision Champion..now i say WWE should give RVD another chance to be successful in there Company before he makes a jump

but i think RVD's career would be better if he was in another Company like TNA cus they would give them a big push as there Main Champion for about a year (not one whole title just three in a year LIKE i said earlier)...than they would push him as their Mddle card Champion for a year or so after that WWE would have seen the error of their ways and try to being him back and let him be their Champion for a little time...tha's about 2 years from now if he did it but it wold be worth it to see his career sky rocket

#39 PLA ICON

PLA ICON

• Code-X Member
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:07 AM

View PostEvilMadness, on Feb 4 2007, 06:34 PM, said:

i have to agree with Icon on ONE thing WSX would be the Wreslting Company that ended his career not TNA i've never heard of it and that shows how bad it really is...now TNA would be the best Company from him...WWE isn't giveing him the push he earned yeah he got busted for durgs a year ago...a year ago it's been that long and they haven't given him another chance that's sad and it shows that they are tryig to hold him back...RVD should be given another chance as the ECW Champion and maybe somehow given another Chance to hold both titles again like before...i say that becuase it's a chance to just start over again...just said Rob forget about that drug thing...be the Champion from a few mouths mabye til Summerslam and then we'll work from there...RVD is a great Wreslter i know he missed up he got what to desvered mouths ago just drop it and let it go...or let RVD go to TNA

and Stop holding him back...now like Icon said TNA will most likely give him a push but like i said i think that push would lated about a year before they put him on the mddle card...see the main card push would go like this...RVD would be the Champion like three times over the year (like Christian they are still pushing him in this main card round this is his 2nd time as NWA champion he might get one more run as NWA Champion) than i think they would move them to the middle card which would be better i think...cus he would get a chance to be the old ECW RVD...that gimmick would be great RVD as the X-Devision Champion for a helf of a year again...they would uses the gimmick "The Old RVD is BACK!" or something like that to start his title runs as X-Devision Champion..now i say WWE should give RVD another chance to be successful in there Company before he makes a jump

but i think RVD's career would be better if he was in another Company like TNA cus they would give them a big push as there Main Champion for about a year (not one whole title just three in a year LIKE i said earlier)...than they would push him as their Mddle card Champion for a year or so after that WWE would have seen the error of their ways and try to being him back and let him be their Champion for a little time...tha's about 2 years from now if he did it but it wold be worth it to see his career sky rocket

all that sounds great but u gotta realize rvd isn't helping his own case by being a smartass and so non-chalant w/ his backstage attitude...ever since he was punished for the drugs and ever since he realized what evw has/had become he stopped caring..why push someone who OPENLY says "I DONT WANNA BE HERE!!!"
thats what rvd has been saying for the past 2-3 months..he's been angry and miserable in wwe right now...there not using him right, correct, but he should suck it up just like carlito is doing right now...look @ shelton it took a wgtt reunion and a anti-ghetto type gimmick to build him back up as a credible star again...

Like i said WWE may take rvd back but unless rvd changes his attitude with his stint in tna and gets a little more humble I dont think wwe will bother to bring him back...rvd is cool and all but he's nothing special and his mic work is really just blah...he doesn't cut good promos imo and most if his matches are the same...

also It seems as though rvd might have given his notice to the wwe that he wont be signing a new deal w/ them. Holly pinned him clean over the weekend @ a house show and a few sites are saying it seems that rvd said he'd lose clean to holly if he could just give his notice and not re-sign w/ the company..so if we dont see him on ecw anymore or he just keeps losing low end mid card matches it's safe to assume he'll be leaving wwe. wether or not he goes to tna is up to him and dixie carter

#40 Stephen

Stephen

Torrie Wilson's Husband

• Banned
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:27 PM

i'll tell you this now RVD doesn't care because WWE stoped him in the middle of his push...beucuase he got busted from poot...that was a year ago...they should drop it if they did....he would probably re-sign with them and everything would be great again...RVD will still have a successful career if he goes to TNA...TNA used Jeff Hardy for a long time and he like RVD did durg problems thats why he lefted WWE...he was successful and so would RVD if he jumped they're just holding him back for no reason...RVD is still popular in WWE...but WWE doesn't see that...they just hold him back i would have that attuide probably to especially if they kept holding me back for a whole year

now most people said that RVD keeps doing the same moves over and over again i don't see that i think RVD does great RVD's the only moves he does the same that i see are his sig...TNA will see that to i mean who cares if he uses the same sig. moves...every Wreslter uses the same sig. moves all of them Ortan (RKO) Angle (Angle Slam) Edge (Spear) all of them...but WWE could still keep him as one of the best Wreslters if they wanted to WWE holds a years old durg busted again him that's not fair to his career and i know if anyone was in his shoes they would do it to i think WWE is becoming like WCW the Management it isn't good anymore and the same people keep holding the same titles over and over Cena ( i love Cena as Champion) is always getting the Title back and it looks like Batista is to...look at Helms WWE's Board of Dcirectors is becomeing that which they hated

and this thing with RVD show that to me i just hope that they see that before the miss up themselfs lol...but RVD's career would sky rocket the frist year he was their and you know it everyone who saids RVD is wished up knows it...the only reason he comes on as a wished up Wreslter is cus WWE is holding him back...and they will not let he have another push...by putting him in ****ed matches with Hardcore Holly or Test wished up Wreslters sad really <_<

#41 Guest_Stu_*

Guest_Stu_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:18 PM

View PostEvilMadness, on Feb 8 2007, 04:27 AM, said:

now most people said that RVD keeps doing the same moves over and over again i don't see that i think RVD does great RVD's the only moves he does the same that i see are his sig...TNA will see that to i mean who cares if he uses the same sig. moves...every Wreslter uses the same sig. moves all of them Ortan (RKO) Angle (Angle Slam) Edge (Spear) all of them...
That's because that's their finishers. Honestly, when people say same moves, they don't mean finishers. Benoit uses the crossface all the time he must totally suck! No, people mean that RVD does the same crap every match. Kick, kick, kick, kick, high flying, botch, kick, kick, Five Star. Yes, other people will get their offence in, but his counters are all the same. These "unauthordox kicks". They're hardly unauthordox, they've been used for over ten years now. What makes RVD average:

Where's his psychology?
Where's his emotion?
Why can't he execute every move he does? 98% of the time, he'll get it right, but when was the last time you saw Benoit botch?

RVD = overhyped.

#42 PLA ICON

PLA ICON

• Code-X Member
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:30 PM

It's funny how ppl keep complaining about rvd not being world champion but really what has he done in the WWE that has earned him a world title run? What has he done in ecw lately that makes him deserve the belt? If ANYTHING Sabu or Marquis Cor Von would be better than lashley. However it's being said that vince has given up on making anything out of ecw and is no focusing on LASHLEY LASHLEY LASHLEY and is determined to make him a credible star sans taker, benoit, batista, hbk, cena...He want's lashley to be as big if not bigger than his current top stars.

RVD is ok but what exactly has he done since ecw? Furthermore what has he done period besides ecw? OO he wont the i.c. and european title and unified them!! BFD!!! It was a ladder match/hardcore match, rvd's specialty.

Like STU said most of his matches are

Punch punch, kick, spinning back kick, punch toss over ropes, spinning leg drop onto barrier, crazy plancha to outside, toss back in, monkey flip in corner, rolling thunder, sccop slam, 5* splash occasionally a van daminator or van terminator. Whens the last new move rvd has done?? I can't remember anyone wanna fill me in?

Hell even Cena is doing some new moves(top rope fame asser/leg drop is new and he also changed his finisher to the stf) that's changing up your moves. Then you might say, well takers and hbk's moves are the same but there's a difference. They make the match exciting and interesting and actually they dont have a standard move set beyond flying elbow, nip up, s.k.(hbk) old school, running ddt, tombstone(taker)

Maybe if RVD would actually learn some mat techniques and wrestle instead of the same high flying stuff he did in ecw he'd be more deserving and looked @ more by management as a contender. Theres alot more to the reasons that are made PUBLIC as to why rvd is in the dog house.

#43 Stephen

Stephen

Torrie Wilson's Husband

• Banned
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:32 PM

i'll tell you that's what makes him great i for one will the way he Wresltes and i thought that's what he mean when he (Icon) said moves <_<...RVD may do some of the same moves he used for five ten years or whatever...i could can that about Cena...and any other Wreslters like Beniot with Germany Suplexs and the headbutt then the crossface...people Wreslte basically the same way they have always done for years... as for his psychology and emotion it all goes back to what i told Icon why give 100% for a Company that doesn't trust you he should go to TNA any do that same stuff he does now and be successful becuase he would if he did...not matter what you say RVD isn't overrated...that just what you say Stu....but not everything Stu saids is ture if that was the care we would be worshiping you as God right now

RVD like i he is a great Wreslter maybe if WWE would get a clue he wouldn't be in the back saying how he was going to quit and not giveing 50% or what not

#44 Guest_Stu_*

Guest_Stu_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:38 PM

Benoit does the same stuff? Yes, he does the German Suplexes and headbutt because they are his signature moves. Benoit has two signatures and one finisher. But what else does he do that's the same? Find me two Benoit matches that are the same and I'd take your argument a little bit more seriously. You can't even dream of comparing Benoit with RVD. It's a whole different league.

Benoit's signature moves are well built up and he'll always make them purposeful. RVD gets his leg attacked all match and then kicks someone? Wow, he must be a great wrestler....

RVD's wrestling style sucks. Where's his emotion? You haven't answered that. Where's his psychology? You haven't answered that either. Where's his selling? Not answered that either. Oh, so his wrestling style is different, so that makes him great. Hell, while you're at it just say Khali is the greatest wrestler ever, because no-one can no-sell quite like Khali. Answer the three questions in this paragraph well, and I might just believe you. Until then, RVD sucks as a wrestler.

#45 PLA ICON

PLA ICON

• Code-X Member
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:42 PM

View PostEvilMadness, on Feb 6 2007, 10:32 AM, said:

i'll tell you that's what makes him great i for one will the way he Wresltes and i thought that's what he mean when he (Icon) said moves <_<...RVD may do some of the same moves he used for five ten years or whatever...i could can that about Cena...and any other Wreslters like Beniot with Germany Suplexs and the headbutt then the crossface...people Wreslte basically the same way they have always done for years... as for his psychology and emotion it all goes back to what i told Icon why give 100% for a Company that doesn't trust you he should go to TNA any do that same stuff he does now and be successful becuase he would if he did...not matter what you say RVD isn't overrated...that just what you say Stu....but not everything Stu saids is ture if that was the care we would be worshiping you as God right now

RVD like i he is a great Wreslter maybe if WWE would get a clue he wouldn't be in the back saying how he was going to quit and not giveing 50% or what not

ughh dude all your talking about s the current status of rvd..what about all the times they gave him the ic, euro, hardcore and tag titles...you think they were doing that for the heck of it?? RVD has had a chance to get himself over and better and point blank he hasn't been impressive enough..Look @ kennedy. Just a little over a year or 2 in wwe and he's allready a main eventer!! He's only help one belt and the guy is OVER as hell...Rvd hasn't gotten himself over by doing anything impressive. Whens the last time rvd cut as awesome promo? Whens the last time rvd put on a solid awesome match that didnt involve hardcore spots? Why would a company put trust into someone who doesn't care they he got caught by the poilce...Only reason wwe decided to give him a run was cuz they needed high caliber ecw stars. Now that ecw has gone down the shitter rvd stops trying.

Whens the last time before now that hbk or tripz got a title shot? How about taker? How about benoit? U.S. title over and over again for benoit but he still puts on quality solid matches...What about regal?!?! no titles in over 3 years!!! He's over as hell and wwe is pushing him for a great tag run!! Now why is it that guys like kennedy, kenny, deuce and domino automatically get pushed into angles w/ big stars and get pushes? Because they show passion and desire, something rvd is lacking right now.

RVD can go to tna, great he'll get one more run as a big star but he'll go back to wwe eventually cuz I dont see TNA doing much of anything w/ russo on the writing team/creative. He's killing tna!!

#46 Stephen

Stephen

Torrie Wilson's Husband

• Banned
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:58 PM

you don't read well do you i told you why he doesn't give 100% anymore...ok i'll tell you AGAIN <_< this time listen...RVD is probably going to quit in a few months cus he's being held back cus of a drug busted A YEAR AGO...they never let that go they keep him down yes i can see why they took the title for him before...but they never gave him another push again after that...see he thinks they own him another chance thats why he's not giving his all...he's think why should i be emotional or psychology and so on in matches here when they will not when give me another shot as champion...there i'm not saying it again so you better just read this post again

as i said before your opinion isn't fact...Beniot does do the came moves his German's are sig. moves...but he also uses back crops and Suplex's...and what not (it's all everyone is trying to be a Flair that includes Beniot uses them all the time)...anyhow it's like he use Suplex's all the time now you say to name a Match that he uses the same Moves in...well in his last match again Finely he's used Suplexs against him and his little headbutt i don't see other people doing them all the time like he does now he may not of done it againist Finely but Benoit uses that move a lot in most of his matches...he's always doing that maybe he should change his game to....you say RVD should change his game...that's how stupid it sounds to me...i don't think RVD should change his Wreslting stlye thats the way he Wresltes...every Wreslter is diferent think about it their not all going to Wrestle the same <_<

Edited by EvilMadness, 08 February 2007 - 05:49 PM.

#47 PLA ICON

PLA ICON

• Code-X Member
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:42 PM

View PostEvilMadness, on Feb 6 2007, 10:58 AM, said:

you don't read well do you i told you why he doesn't give 100% anymore...ok i'll tell you AGAIN <_< this time listen...RVD is probably going to quit in a few months cus he's being held back cus of a drug busted A YEAR AGO...they never let that go they keep him down yes i can see why they took the title for him before...but they never gave him another push again after that...see he thinks they own him another chance thats why he's not giving his all...he's think why should i be emtional or psychology in matches here when they will not when give me another shot as champion...there i'm not saying it again so you better just read this post again

as i said before your opinion isn't fact...Beniot does do the came moves his Germanys are sig. moves...but he also uses back crops and what not it's all everyone is trying to be Flair that includes Beniot uses them all the time...plus he it's like he use Suplex's all the time now you need say to name a Match that he uses the same Moves well in his last match again Finely he's used Suplexs against him...he's always doing that maybe he should change that like you say RVD should change his game...that's how stupid it sounds to me...i don't think RVD should change his Wreslting stlye thats the way he Wresltes...every Wreslter is diferent think about it their not all going to Wrestle the same <_<

you still make no sense...I DON'T CARE ABOUT WHAT HE'S DOING AFTER HIS DRUG BUST!!!

he's being doing the same shit ever since ecw...how about his previous runs in wwe? where was his psychology and emotion? wheres his match of the year candidates? wheres his BIG TIME moment in the spotlight?

and to say, well they punished me cuz i messed up so now after the punishment there just automatically gonna push me again cuz they think i wont mess up again..wtf?!?! lets say you get busted for pot but right before you did your parents gave you a new bike or some-shit...now that you have your new bike you have no worries and lets say your doing something dumb and you get in trouble w/ the police...are your parents gonna say, its ok honey don't worry were gonna take ur bike away for a few months then give it right back to you cuz u learned your lesson...no there not gonna do that if you act like a little baby and complain about your bike being taken away...

same thing w/ rvd..he keeps complaining and complaining about leaving wwe and how he isn't being treated fair, does he really deserve a world title run? He had his title run and he messed up and got in trouble. when he got in trouble and saw that he wasn't the main focus of wwEcw anymore he threw a temper tantrum and started saying he's leaving. So wwe looks @ that and says, well he's leaving so he obviously doesn't wanna show us that he's changed and can push his game up and impress us...were not even sure if he's staying so why give him a big push if he allready has his mind set on leaving"

that would be really dumb for wwe to push someone they KNOW is leaving...last time they did that both goldberg and lesnar left then proceeded to talk smack about how wwe didnt handle them well, uhh hello they both got HUGE PUSHES and decided to leave for apparently no real reason @ all..

#48 Stephen

Stephen

Torrie Wilson's Husband

• Banned
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:26 PM

you don't get what i mean do you READ i said WWE isn't giving him a push...since before he was thinking of leaveing...and if i didn't thats what i damn well meant...RVD doesn't need WWE to be successful you people said RVD doesn't have emotion in the Ring i told why he's wouldn't but you ******* keep asking me to example it...i said RVD is being held back by WWE cus he was busted for poot...they should just drop the whole thing and giving him a push...a new start as i said when i started this topic back up again...RVD shouldn't worry about WWE if they won't get him a push go to TNA....it's not about his ******* moves think about it i watched RVD i didn't see people saying he's not trying and he's not being emotional...maybe you guys should open your eyes and see the world around you...now it wouldn't be stupid if RVD stayed and than they give him a push would it maybe he wouldn't leave like that

and yeah Goldberg and Lenser did leave WWE after there match at Mania huh maybe they should of thought were their careers would best be serviced at before they left huh...they ****ed themself if your saying WWE missed them up or didn't give them enough tv time are what not...unlike them WWE isn't giving RVD his does...RVD is still one of the most popular Wreslters in WWE people must really like the way he Wresltes huh...it must not be THAT important...it's all WWE's Fualt that RVD is leaving or THINKING about it...RVD got busted a year ago before he was thinking about leaving WWE should of just started over with him and said (as i said BEFORE) RVD that whole thing wasn't your fluat just forget it ever happened but don't do it again...RVD will say sure ok they worked it out RVD will get into it again like you said he should and in few weeks later they give them the push he wanted and he'll stay with them

buttom line is WWE is the one ******* RVD not RVD like you think...and if the fans thought he sucked at Wreslting they would boo him but that don't so it's "proforms" must not be all that bad is it

#49 abys

abys

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 837 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:37 PM

Bret has always been held back and never won the big title in the original ecw and ha always been held back. He did win both the ecw and wwe titles but in a very terrible way. RVD needs a proper push.

#50 PLA ICON

PLA ICON

• Code-X Member
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:06 PM

It wasn't his fault?? It wasn't his fault that he was going what, 30 miles over the limit w/ pot and un-perscribed drugs and a weed pipe on him and sabu?? That's not his fault?? Look @ everyone else who has had to go to re-hab or something..Masters was getting a push b4 they toosed him into rehab for failing a drug test now he's stuck in the same gimmick in the same feud he was in b4 he left. Orton got in trouble for his attitude and for smoking pot in the backstage area. He got sent away for about a month or 2 and was pulled from all house shows and tv shows. Then when he came back he was just kinda there. He was tossed into a feud w/ flair and dx and he proved himself to the wwe. He did incredible in ring and mic work and then they tossed him into a tag w/ edge. They were great on the mic and again had a great feud w/ dx. DX are the stars and ya know what, rated rko made themselves right @ that level. S.S feuded w/ dx but they sucked. They didn't have any mic skills and there in ring work was iffy. Rated RKO proved themselves in the ring w/ two of the biggest stars on raw. Now rvd had a program w/ cena and triple h. I thought it was ok but he didn't really show me anything special. He hasn't caught my attention lately. I like RVD I think he's still way over and very popular. I think if RVD would have handled the situation a lot different and would have just said, "look dude I know I smoke pot and I really shouldn't have had that in my car I'm sorry Vince. If you wanna take me off the air you wanna decrease my push thats fine but I'm gonna show you I can carry my own. I'm gonna put on the best matches I can and I'm gonna work on my promos..I'm not gonna quit on you cuz you're not pushing me. Give me some time before you lose all faith in me." See that's not what rvd did. He complained and said Vince has a grudge against him. He acted like a little kid when Vince pulled him into the meeting w/ Sabu and actually said "it's not that big of a deal" where-as Sabu apologized to vince and just told him straight up "ya I messed up I didn't have a prescription for these pills and yes I was carrying the pipe..I'm sorry vince." Now I can;t exactly say that Sabu is getting a push but he's not threatening to quit the company that's putting him BACK into the spotlight.

If RVD would have just said "I'm sorry i ****ed up but I will make it up to this company I'll stick with it and i'll step up my game and put on the best matches I can and just take it like a man"

THAT'S WHY RVD DOESN'T DESERVE A PUSH FROM THE WWE RIGHT NOW...

They gave RVD until the end of last week to give his notice to avoid the contract being automatically rolled over. Now he could have gone to management and said "look I know I messed up I know you guys are holding me back for fear of me messing something up again But I'm gonna go ahead and stay with you guys and I hope you can give me another chance so I can prove myself to you. I can be a team player and stay out of trouble and put more effort into my character"