Most Overrated Moves in WWE

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

Poll: Overrated

Overrated

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#51 Rabbit

Rabbit

Dream like you live forever, Live like you die tomorrow!

• Code-X Member
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:46 PM

blooma you got a point

for a WRESTLER it wouldn't be painful cause most wrestlers are quite flexible

but say if someone were to put it on me or some non-athletic person it would hurt like hell cause our legs are just not that flexible

#52 PLA ICON

PLA ICON

PHOENIX'S BITTER BITTER RIVAL!

• Code-X Member
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:11 PM

View PostBlooma, on Jan 9 2008, 05:56 AM, said:

Most overrated move IMO = Boston Crab, it's heavily assisted and the only pressure the move applies is just what the receiver allows, and if the receiver is a big guy, the move looks highly unbelievable, it's also a really easy move to reverse.

have you ever been in the crab??

i doubt it..i have and no its not easy..theres a ton of pressure put on your back not your legs...the guy is practically sitting on your back with all of his weight...

have someone put you in the crap and sit back and tell you you feel no pain.

#53 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:12 PM

View PostKrossF!re, on Jan 9 2008, 08:49 AM, said:

Sweat Chin Music= Taunts> Kicks you in the Chin> nothing Special amazing

How is it over rated its a very realistic move, I can get my leg that high if i wanted to SCM someone, And getting kicked in the chin isn't exactly a nice thing either IRL or in a Wrestling Ring. It can be a spur of the moment move of there wasn't a taunt added to it i think its a solid move.

#54 red_medicine

red_medicine

Ranger.

• Code-X Member
  • 3,484 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 09 January 2008 - 04:53 PM

View PostTheRob, on Jan 9 2008, 09:05 AM, said:

have you ever seen a Vader Chokeslam? He pretty much hoists them up with his own power, and probably does one of the most brutal looking Chokeslams you'll ever see.[/size][/color][/font]

His ARE the most brutal by far. The force Vader puts into a chokeslam is crazy. i miss Vader. :(

But as over-ratted goes....F-U by far. bBack during the Cena/Lesnar fued, Cena used the DVd version...man it was pretty swear.
But thanks to WWE its a firemans carry, great job wwe

btw whats Kennedy's new finisher? I havent watched wrestling in a while now?, so someone fill me in here.

#55 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 05:11 PM

I think it like a "complete shot"

#56 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 05:21 PM

I agree with Blooma on the Boston Crab. You can easily counter out with the force of your legs because legs are stronger than arms. If you let someone sit on your back and pull your legs back ... you're assisting them.

#57 The Rob

The Rob

The People's Heel

• Code-X Member
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 05:23 PM

Yeah, it's a Complete Shot. I guess you could also refer to it by either Kanyon's or Edge's name for the move, Flatliner and Downward Spiral respectively. Kanyon is pretty much the only person I've seen do the move effectively enough to make it look painful and it looked believable enough that it could put someone down for a three count.

#58 KrossFire

KrossFire

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

• Code-X Member
  • 2,306 posts
  • Gallery:View
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:25 PM

Kennedy's finisher is completely assisted, SCM is Okay, but it's not anything i'd jump all over the place for.....

#59 thomasbecknel

thomasbecknel

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 663 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:00 PM

The fact is, I wrestled in highschool and have done some MMA training. Trust me, the F-U would hurt, but a well executed strike or submission move would hurt a helluva lot more. In truth, something like Undertaker's stiff punch or the super kick or SCM would hurt much more that these supposed "power" moves (i.e. stunner, f-u, f-5, tko, chokeslam, rock bottom, people's elbow, powerbomb, etc.). On a side note, the full force of someone's bodyweight slamming your head straight to the ground (pedigree, piledriver) would probably kill you if done with full force.

#60 The Oddjob

The Oddjob

Code x's local oddball

• Code-X Member
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 04:08 AM

i would say the peoples elbow, he lets them rest for ages whilst he has a little jog, and then hits them with an elbow! its stupid!

#61 red_medicine

red_medicine

Ranger.

• Code-X Member
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 07:02 PM

View Postoddjob, on Jan 10 2008, 02:08 AM, said:

i would say the peoples elbow, he lets them rest for ages whilst he has a little jog, and then hits them with an elbow! its stupid!
whoa slow down...dont forget the

leg twitch/shake
dance before the elbow...

#62 PLA ICON

PLA ICON

PHOENIX'S BITTER BITTER RIVAL!

• Code-X Member
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:26 PM

The only other person who makes the complete shot look believable now is shelton benjamin..he does a jumping complete shot now...

its a great new twist to the move that makes it look so much more impactful

#63 KrossFire

KrossFire

• Code-X Member
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:29 PM

The Clothesline From Hell looks Overrated, when JBL does it versus when another wrestler does that same exact clothesline Doesn't has none of the ridiculous overreaction like JBL's

#64 Grizz

Grizz

[Classified Information]

• Code-X Member
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:44 AM

I laughed my ass off at Shelton when he debuted. He jumped up and fell then the guy fell.

I gotta say a REAL elbow drop could break bones, including yours if you hit wrong. I think actually the most overrated is...

*drum roll*

The Khali Claw! (not the double handed squeezer) It hurts but not that much. Also, if you grab their pinky or thumb the hold is broken. I know this from a big brother. :D

#65 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 01:40 AM

Khalis hands are probly as big as your head (from the top around) and even just the one hand is actually dangerous if he decides to put enough pressure it can severly reduce blood flow(it least I think) and knock you unconsious not to mention a heavy migrain, I dunno how big is your bro but I doubt he's a khali

oh and @ the shelton thing
kind reminds me of RVD vs Christian a couple years back
Christian just ran and fell so RVD could jump on him lmao

#66 Shyseven

Shyseven

...by way of detailed programmatic specificity.

• Code-X Member
  • 4,354 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 01:55 AM

MOONSAULT! Couldn't you just jump backwards and splash without the flip?!

#67 The Rob

The Rob

The People's Heel

• Code-X Member
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 03:03 AM

View PostShyseven, on Jan 11 2008, 02:55 AM, said:

The backflip adds extra momentum to the splash. It's not done just to look pretty, it actually does effect the power/damage of the move.

#68 The Oddjob

The Oddjob

Code x's local oddball

• Code-X Member
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 03:51 AM

i think swanton is overated, jeff hardy usually hurts himself more than his oponent, whcih is a bit silly TBH

#69 Shyseven

Shyseven

...by way of detailed programmatic specificity.

• Code-X Member
  • 4,354 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 05:11 AM

View PostTheRob, on Jan 11 2008, 08:03 PM, said:

View PostShyseven, on Jan 11 2008, 02:55 AM, said:

The backflip adds extra momentum to the splash. It's not done just to look pretty, it actually does effect the power/damage of the move.
Oh so that's why it pretty much killed me trying to do it.

#70 KrossFire

KrossFire

• Code-X Member
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 01:09 AM

Shelton's "The Shellshocker" looks Perfect

#71 Grizz

Grizz

[Classified Information]

• Code-X Member
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 01:41 AM

View PostJB, on Jan 11 2008, 01:40 AM, said:

Khalis hands are probly as big as your head (from the top around) and even just the one hand is actually dangerous if he decides to put enough pressure it can severly reduce blood flow(it least I think) and knock you unconsious not to mention a heavy migrain, I dunno how big is your bro but I doubt he's a khali
Nay nay. Like I said if you grab their pinky and pull it back they lose their grip, trust me.

Chuck Palumbo's finisher is stupid too. It couldn't hurt that much.

The moonsault talk reminds me that the standing Shooting Star Splash can be deadly (not literally) cause I saw Jack Evens take a nasty knee to the face when he wrestled Super Dragon one time. It was pretty funny but it looked like a bruiser.

#72 KrossFire

KrossFire

• Code-X Member
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 01:50 AM

Palumbo's finisher is okay but khali's Vise Grip hold is a little overrated.....

#73 The Rob

The Rob

The People's Heel

• Code-X Member
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:38 AM

I just thought of another really good one. It falls in the same category as the Canadian Destroyer when it comes to moves that ruin the illusion that wrestling isn't "fake". We all know just about all moves are assisted in some form or another. The idea however is to not make it obvious, or at least not too obvious, that they're assisted. So this is my major beef with the Canadian Destroyer and the reason why I listed it as an overrated maneuver.

Now, the other one I just though of falls into the same category, as I said earlier in the post. It's the Double/Triple/Multiple Powerbomb. This move just destroys the illusion of a match because you can clearly see the opponent grabbing the performer's hands/arms to support themselves and make it easier to be lifted back up. Pretty much ten times out of ten the camera man will be in perfect position for you to see it clear as day, but then again it's so obvious that you can tell what's going on even looking at it from behind or far away. What makes it worse is when people sell it like the first powerbomb took a lot out of them, then they immediately go back to grabbing the performer's hands/arms again to support themselves for the next powerbomb like nothing happened.

For some reason even when Brock did this to little ass Spike Dudley they had to do the same thing even though Brock should have been able to do it with brute strength. It's pathetic really. The general rule of thumb for this move should be, in my opinion anyway, that if you can't lift them back up without their [obvious] assistance then you shouldn't do the move, period.

The Cranium Crunch (Khali Vice Grip) that Khali does is definitely overrated. Not in theory mind you, because from a man that size and strength he'd probably be able to break your skull through squeezing it between both hands. It's overrated in how he actually does it. We're supposed to believe that he's applying pressure and that his hands are tightly around his opponent's skull and unmovable. Yet, his hands are always sliding around his opponent's head and it just looks loose and sloppy. It's just done poorly.

Edited by TheRob, 12 January 2008 - 04:44 AM.

#74 -Kman-

-Kman-

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 381 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 09:46 PM

i added the Leg Drop and Worm to the vote

#75 Showtime

Showtime

the show goes on

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,622 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Administrator

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:31 PM

had to go with the 619, doesn't really look like it could inflict much damage to someone at all.