115 replies to this topic

#26 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Legend

Posted 28 March 2010 - 04:32 AM

Beer Money was perfect for last weeks main event. They came off real well in the ring against Jeff & RVD. Win or lose, they looked like a main event team.

#27 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:30 AM

Let's hope Impact does well tonight now that Mania is over. It's a taped show tonight, hopefully they don't drop the ball on every show that isn't live.. so far that's what is happening (though I know it's early to call a pattern)

#28 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts
  • Gallery:View
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:06 AM

This is going to be one of TNA's biggest problems. A lot of guys (from the wrestlers to creative) try and out do themselves for live shows and when it comes to taped shows they fall a little flat because they are already thinking about the next live show.

I think they'll find a balance though and when they do the show should be a lot more solid.

I jut hope they cut the British Invasion guys, Brutus Magnus & Rob Terry especially are just both horrible to me. I don't know if it is because I'm British and I see them making idiots of themselves or what.(particularly Magnus, his real accent is nothing like that, he's faking a British accent and he's British. <_< ) They just don't fly with me.

Doug Williams had a great indy career so I know he has more to give and Wolfe (I know he wasn't apart of the B.I. but he's still British) is a great in ring competitor so I'm good with him but Terry & Magnus.. boo!

#29 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:54 PM

Yea, Terry and Magnus aren't very entertaining, I often get them confused as to who has what name.

Doug Williams I always saw as the breakout star, IMO he has had some really good matches lately.

#30 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:59 PM

Impact is great so far.. every segment was good.

Jay Lethal is awesomeness.

#31 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:02 AM

Main event was cool. Looking forward to next week, they are finally starting to book stuff more carefully..Ladder match with Angle/Anderson is going to be epic. Glad they brought out a lot of people who haven't gotten TV time since the Monday Nights move. I sort of hope they don't move to 8PM after next week, it just feels like they are revealing weakness too soon. First they move to 8, next they move back to Thursday.

#32 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:16 AM

I haven't watched Impact yet. I usually catch on line as it doesn't air in the UK until saturday night (head to head with SD! some of the time :verymad: )but with Mania & Raw's HBK farewell I haven't got the chance. I hope the same can't be said for a lot of people in the US though (in terms of TV views) because TNA is shaping up yet the ratings are falling down. Next week should be the big test, WM week will officially be over and they'll both be live shows (I think) so hopefully they'll do some better numbers.

#33 DoubleJ

DoubleJ

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 769 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:06 AM

TNA should have never started at 9-11, they should have started running 8-10 right from the start. Bischoff & Hogan don't realize that in 2010 DVR makes it much less difficult to watch wrestling on Monday. Getting Drug Money (RVD & Jeff Hardy) was good for TNA if Hardy ain't going to jail, but they also make things more clustered on the roster because of a lack of top heels that matter. Eric Young does not fit in though I still don't get what TNA sees in him with the kind of push their giving him, but that push could literally end next week because TNA is like that.

#34 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:03 PM

Anyone else like the Orlando Jordan thing?... I read somewhere that people were chanting "that was creepy" after the segment lol.

#35 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:09 PM

I don't mind it. Wrestling should be more accepting of things like sexual orientation, it's the 21st century FFS, the way it is considered taboo in wrestling and sports in general is just because of other peoples insecurities. It'll probably make for interesting TV to TBH any way, so yeah let it be if you ask me.

#36 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:28 PM

View PostBlooma, on 30 March 2010 - 01:09 PM, said:

I don't mind it. Wrestling should be more accepting of things like sexual orientation

he was wearing caution tape around his half naked body man, lol.

#37 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:37 PM

...and this any different to what Lady Gaga did in the Telephone video that gets played in the middle of the day?

As long as his shit wasn't dangling in my face, why should I care?

#38 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:41 PM

lol I guess but you know it's a bit more awkward for a dude to do that.. it's purpose is to be weird. not that i have a problem with the segment, either.

#39 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:49 PM

I know it is awkward and weird and in all honesty I don't want to be seeing it either but that's his goal, he wants that reaction, it creates heat, it makes for interesting angles and has him doing something that no one has done to this extent before, it's fresh.

I'm just saying that sexuality (other than hot lesbian action, lol) is rarey touched on in pro wrestling, yet it considers itself as much soap opera as anything else... Instead we get Triple H riding a dead corpse and there is hardly half the buzz being created compared to a guy being openly bi and dressing in crime screne tape.

#40 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:09 PM

Well there was Billy and Chuck (one of my favorite teams), although at the end of it they said they weren't gay but everyone thought they were so I guess being gay has kind of been done.

I get more creeped out by Gaga than OJ.

#41 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:12 PM

Billy & Chuck were more camp and suggestively gay, which is more acceptable becasue it gets laughs and makes a joke out of homosexuality.

What Orlando Jordan is doing is meant to be more serious, more weird, more in your face to generate heat. Which makes it less acceptable for the general wrestling public, which it shouldn't be but just is.

#42 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:28 PM

Ahh, but then again this might make bisexuals as a whole look weird because it will be the general wrestling public's first exposure. Which IMO shouldn't because there is plenty of odd straight people too and not all straights are odd soo.

But I do think this is the right way to do it because it is already taboo so they might as well make it extra taboo for the first exposure.

#43 DoubleJ

DoubleJ

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 769 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:39 PM

The chick involved looked pretty good. It came off as stupid shit for the sake of shocking people to me. Mainly because everyone on the show refused to say anything about it, just say that the guy is bisexual & go from there. No point in acting like you know nothing about it.

Also nice to see Brooke Adams back on my TV.

TNA books shit so weirdly sometimes though that it makes it seem out of place. Beer Money got beat by Jay Lethal, who hadn't been seen in a while. Pope got beat by Wolfe on his way to his title match at Lockdown. The Pope vs Styles match probably should have happened at Destination X, it feels like forever since he won the tournament.

#44 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:22 PM

yeah I tend to lose track of who's still feuding with who..

#45 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:20 AM

What happend to Sting? Last I remember is that he beat the shit out of RVD...

#46 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:17 AM

I think they'll do a Sting/Flair fued at some point, it seems almost impossible for it not to happen IMO... but yeah, the Sting heel turn sort of fell flat considering he's not really been seen since.

#47 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:21 PM

The last thing I want to see is Sting Vs. Flair. Sting had a huge heel turn and they are killing all of it's steam by not using him at all.

#48 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:36 PM

I basically hijacked the facebook page of TNA when they posted the OJ pictures.

What a waste of air time. Him descending from the rafters, only to..... gayish word for walk...... waltz.... up the ramp and sit somewhere different. WTF? I mean, they could've had the 3D vs MCMG tag match in that slot!

#49 1967 Spidey

1967 Spidey

Amazing

• Code-X Member
  • 5,750 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:54 PM

Orlando Jordan needs to die now. I have no problems with homo people, but exaggerating it to the point where you seem to be a nymfo is just plain wrong.

#50 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:04 AM

Second thought the last thing I want to see is Sting Vs. Hogan, but word is they still plan on going that route.