Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:30 PM

AJ Styles Comments On TNA Video Game
Recap of the TNA/Spike TV conference call with AJ Styles

Credit: http://www.gerweck.net

March 6, 2007 - AJ Styles had the following to say during a Spike TV conference call earlier today regarding the upcoming TNA iMPACT! Video Game;

The TNA video game will have game play similar to the No Mercy/Virtual Pro Wrestling series of games. He said the graphics will be great and that yes the Canadian Destroyer will be in the game for all of those that keep asking.

For the full Recap article, Click here.

#2 Mr. Black

Mr. Black

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 02:00 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if it were true. AJ Styles is a huge No Mercy fan and if TNA becomes the new No Mercy then I welcome it.

#3 minty675

minty675

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 221 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 06:33 PM

they might hacks for it

#4 JaiMega

JaiMega

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 03:24 PM

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

#5 jhardy2daXtreMe

jhardy2daXtreMe

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 10:54 AM

This might not have EXACTLY as good of graphics as SVR 06 and 07 but this game looks like its gonan be amazing, Im looking much more forward to this game than ANY WWE game they've come out with, whens the release date??

#6 Styles_clash

Styles_clash

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 191 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 11:59 AM

Seems to me like this make be another def jam game(controller wise) hope this game doesn't disappoint cause i'm hoping for along line of TNA games series. not the failure that was the ECW games.

#7 KarmaRocketX

KarmaRocketX

Makes examples by not becoming one.

• Code-X Member
  • 699 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 05:23 PM

Feh. The only thing I hear about this game is a lot of self-hype and TNA wrestlers like AJ and Daniels telling people what they want to hear. And people say that the Smackdown vs Raw games are all hype. :P

For all this time with hardly any video or real progress updates of any kind, other than wrestlers saying "This'll be great, trust me" over and over with no details of anything to back anything up, I wonder if they are keeping their silence out of fear or feelings of inadequacy. Becuase let's be honest, it wouldn't nearly be the first time TNA has done that.

But we'll see when it comes out. I'm just saying that they've done nothing to make me look forward to it, is all. It could be the worst game ever or the best game ever. But I wish they'd actually say something about how it's shaping up, rather than TNA's trademarked dodgy self-hype.

Edited by KarmaRocketX, 22 August 2007 - 05:25 PM.

#8 RattleSnake

RattleSnake

NGL.PhYsCo.KiD

• Code-X Member
  • 649 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:35 AM

View Postjhardy2daXtreMe, on Mar 8 2007, 02:54 PM, said:

This might not have EXACTLY as good of graphics as SVR 06 and 07 but this game looks like its gonan be amazing, Im looking much more forward to this game than ANY WWE game they've come out with, whens the release date??

Next year i think..

#9 Driver

Driver

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 308 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 10:55 AM

I agree there has been very little hard fact about this game. Also the CAW feature is "something they're considering" at last update. Okay... Anywho I'm still excited about this game, the SvR series has left quite a bit to be desired IMHO and maybe if Midway is smart, they'll learn from THQ's mistakes. Maybe.

#10 The Rob

The Rob

The People's Heel

• Code-X Member
  • 3,846 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 19 September 2007 - 11:35 AM

If Midway was smart they would have just hired AKI to develope the game right off the bat, no one wants to put their trust into a shitty development team such as the one they have now, Midway Studios - Los Angeles ( formally Paradox Development of Backyard Wrestling fame). AKI needs to get back into making wrestling games.

#11 Spleenishly-Green

Spleenishly-Green

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 346 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:53 AM

View PostTheRob, on Sep 19 2007, 11:35 AM, said:

If Midway was smart they would have just hired AKI to develope the game right off the bat, no one wants to put their trust into a shitty development team such as the one they have now, Midway Studios - Los Angeles ( formally Paradox Development of Backyard Wrestling fame). AKI needs to get back into making wrestling games.
Wait, you mean to tell me AKI aren't making this game? I though I heard that they were. Maybe I'm getting things mixed-up. Anyway, if AKI does develop (Or, is it already confirmed who the official developers are?), they would have to have a team/crew of guys/girls who are just as much on their game as the other team/crew who made WWF No Mercy and WWF Wrestlemania 2000.

#12 The Rob

The Rob

The People's Heel

• Code-X Member
  • 3,846 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 20 September 2007 - 11:24 AM

View PostSpleenishly-Green, on Sep 18 2007, 02:53 PM, said:

Wait, you mean to tell me AKI aren't making this game? I though I heard that they were. Maybe I'm getting things mixed-up. Anyway, if AKI does develop (Or, is it already confirmed who the official developers are?), they would have to have a team/crew of guys/girls who are just as much on their game as the other team/crew who made WWF No Mercy and WWF Wrestlemania 2000.
Sadly, AKI has nothing to do with this game, it's the same team who made the Backyard Wrestling games. They were bought by Midway and renamed to Midway Studios - Los Angeles. You're getting the BYW team with this game, not anyone who's ever worked on any of the AKI games.