#1 MC Coemgen

MC Coemgen

The Official Un-Official Code-X Legend

• Code-X Member
  • 14,431 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:20 AM

Anyone watch any of it? I saw maybe about 20 minutes (fast forwarded threw most of that 20 minutes though), I saw Lady Gaga dressed like a man awkwardly hit on a ugly Brittney Spears. Then I saw the only award I personally gave a fuck about, Best New Artist. Which I was happy to see Tyler The Creator win. I was 100% expecting Wiz to get that. First time I watched MTV and cared about the person who won a award in years.

Other than that I didn't watch.

#2 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts
  • Gallery:View
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:09 PM

So Gaga wasn't in drag for a change? Wow, finally, lol.

I'm disappointed that there was no big controversy to be honest. I mean the hottest the MTV awards have ever been was when Kanye decided to be a douche a couple of years back... nothing tops that epicness. The MTV's need more Kanye-esq douchebagging to liven it up.

I mean lets face it, it's a pointless excercise, it's all about patting people on the back for looking good in a video that someone else directed, choreographed and produced or singing a song well that someone else wrote and produced for you.

I'm not all lets rage against the machine all of a sudden or anything, lol, I just think award ceremonies like these mean absolutely nothing and if anything just give the stars with big egos the opportunity to grow some more ego. I just think that the music industry should let airplay and comercial/critical reception be all the recognition anyone needs. If you're song is out there, if you video is being played, if the journalists give you five stars and if people are buying a copy of the music then why do you need a platinum and/or gold spaceman to tell you you're good?

#3 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:56 PM

That's a good point Ryan, but if you are in the music business then you really wouldn't give a fuck about these awards anyways. If you make the music for the artist getting the award, more artists would want to work with you obviously. And I'm sure multiple directors/whatever other music workers, worked for multiple videos. So there the ones that's really winning out of all this. The stars just get a hunk of silver. But meh, what does it really matter anyways? I'm sure all directors are rich as fuck anyways.

And I still love Lady Gaga.

#4 Blizzard

Blizzard

Ariana is my queen ♡

• Code-X Member
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:28 PM

I didn't watch it but I heard about it. Miley Cyrus looked so gorgeous!

#5 TheRisingShadow

TheRisingShadow

wut

• Code-X Member
  • 7,247 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:06 PM

View PostMC Coemgen, on 29 August 2011 - 10:20 AM, said:

Anyone watch any of it? I saw maybe about 20 minutes (fast forwarded threw most of that 20 minutes though), I saw Lady Gaga dressed like a man awkwardly hit on a ugly Brittney Spears. Then I saw the only award I personally gave a fuck about, Best New Artist. Which I was happy to see Tyler The Creator win. I was 100% expecting Wiz to get that. First time I watched MTV and cared about the person who won a award in years.

This 100%. I was so happy when Tyler The Creator got the award. And we saw his mom. Now we know where he got his gap from, lol. But also a week ago Yonkers had 1 million views and now it has 20 million views in just a week. :D

View PostCameron™, on 29 August 2011 - 10:28 PM, said:

I didn't watch it but I heard about it. Miley Cyrus looked so gorgeous!
Fuck her.

Selena Gomez. <3 LOL.

#6 Blizzard

Blizzard

Ariana is my queen ♡

• Code-X Member
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:16 PM

View PostTheRisingShadow, on 30 August 2011 - 08:06 PM, said:

Fuck her.
Maybe I already have :P

#7 MC Coemgen

MC Coemgen

The Official Un-Official Code-X Legend

• Code-X Member
  • 14,431 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:19 AM

This 100%. I was so happy when Tyler The Creator got the award. And we saw his mom. Now we know where he got his gap from, lol. But also a week ago Yonkers had 1 million views and now it has 20 million views in just a week. :D

That has to be incorrect. I'm pretty sure the video had more than 1 million views. I think when the video was first put on youtube it got over a million in its first week because of Kanye's shout out. (I believe it was Kanye.)

I also liked his "Free Earl" shout out. Now next year they should have Tyler preform at the VMA's. That would be a sight to see.

Edited by MC Coemgen, 31 August 2011 - 09:19 AM.

#8 TheRisingShadow

TheRisingShadow

wut

• Code-X Member
  • 7,247 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:03 PM

View PostMC Coemgen, on 31 August 2011 - 09:19 AM, said:

That has to be incorrect. I'm pretty sure the video had more than 1 million views. I think when the video was first put on youtube it got over a million in its first week because of Kanye's shout out. (I believe it was Kanye.)

I also liked his "Free Earl" shout out. Now next year they should have Tyler preform at the VMA's. That would be a sight to see.
Yeah the shoutout to Earl was cool. I heard he's in a camp in Somoa and that the legal adult age there is 21, but I hope he gets out really soon because he's probably the most talented young rapper ever.

And yeah I'm just going with what someone said, but I'm sure it had like 5 to 10 million before he was nominated

#9 Stoneheart

Stoneheart

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 667 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:20 AM

Even when I had cable, I haven't seen the VMA's and
don't really see the appeal for the trainwreck that it is.
It's just a bunch of non-talented, attention scheming, whore
douchebags. Other than that, it's like any other awards show,
munus the relativity, snooze..........