#28 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts
  • Gallery:View
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:01 PM

Yet the dirtsheets were saying that this was a massive increase when the viewing figure came out? Oh well whatever...

#29 C. Rich

C. Rich

1-24/L=NDEV

• Code-X Member
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:39 PM

Bret didn't own TNA single handedly. WWE would have done better than TNA without Bret too.

If WWE brought all those guys in and went 3 hours, and TNA only went 2 and brought in Bret, WWE still would have been more watched.

But it wouldn't make much sense for Bret to go to TNA. I was kinda shocked when I seen Niedhart there.

#30 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:46 PM

I haven't seen TNA yet, but I can't help but think that Hogans promo was pure cheese when he was taking about the "young stars of today".

Tha fact that neither the Guns, BMI where included in the show this week makes me iffy considering Hogans statement.

#31 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:51 PM

View PostBlooma, on Jan 6 2010, 04:01 PM, said:

Yet the dirtsheets were saying that this was a massive increase when the viewing figure came out? Oh well whatever...

But then again, this is the sheets we're talking about here. Generally full of errors. I saw NCIS (Which runs before RAW) got a 2.9 and had about 4.6 million viewers, so I was optimistically went with a 4, but knew I was wrong.

Edit: They're saying this is the most watched RAW since the night after Summerslam last year, yet the rating is the exact same as last week. Odd.

#32 undertaker ba

undertaker ba

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Legend
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:15 AM

What i find funny is that people respond to the youtube videos with "TNA owned WWE" and that sort of thing. I mean sure they owned them in terms of appearances by more well known talent making a return weather to TNA or wresting in general. Also they did have a few nice matches i think especially the Main Event. However i chose to watch the Return of Bret Hart myself and last i checked it is all about ratings and WWE pretty much hammered them in that area. Also the fact the WWE could have asked for an extra hour to go 3 hours but never nothered wich should be an indication that eatheir they knew they could beat them with 2 hours and/or they felt TNA was no threat and therefore couldn't have been bothered going 3 hours.

#33 CmPunk-Rated-Rko

CmPunk-Rated-Rko

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:50 AM

TNA Owned WWE ..End of story

#34 C. Rich

C. Rich

1-24/L=NDEV

• Code-X Member
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:49 PM

It's not all about ratings tho. It's who had the better show.

It's like Soulja Boy vs Canibus. One is CLEARLY more popular and will outsell no matter what. But the other is clearly better.

#35 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:07 PM

Not fair, Canibus and Soulja Boy are both garbage.

I'm going to try and find both episodes on the net and watch them individually.

#36 MC Coemgen

MC Coemgen

The Official Un-Official Code-X Legend

• Code-X Member
  • 14,431 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:35 PM

View PostTheKGBIsAfterYou, on Jan 7 2010, 01:07 PM, said:

Booo!!!

Anyways, I haven't watched TNA since they first came on TV, back when they were on in like the afternoon. But baised on what they're trying to do it seems a lot like WCW. I mean, they bring in a bunch of old(er) WWE guys, most of which I personally don't care about, the only person who would make me want to watch TNA is Flair. But when it comes to Flair on TNA, or Bret on WWE, I'm going with Bret. Bret basically hasn't been around for 10 years, Flair "retired" last year. Plus from a personal standpoint I've always liked Bret way more than Flair. That being said, I didn't watch either of them so I can't comment on which was better, I just hate the way TNA is becoming like WCW.

#37 koberulz

koberulz

Retired. You miss me.

• Code-X Member
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:02 PM

The TNA show was horrible. RAW was nothing spectacular, but at least it didn't fail spectacularly.

#38 undertaker ba

undertaker ba

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Legend
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:45 PM

How is it not about Ratings. Last i checked if a Show no matter what it is if it doesn't bring in the ratings it gets moved to another time slot or worse case gets taken off the air.

I will admit that after thinking about it TNA did pretty well despite. They made history with the "Most Watched Hour of TNA TV" and "Most watched 15 min Segment". I think the WWE also did fine too but the rating seems to indicate that despite Bret Hart Guest Hosting the rating stayed around the same. I think if TNA Continues this type of thing they could become a threat to the WWE and when that happens the WWE will have to take notice.

The phrase "TNA Owned the WWE" is far from the truth Ratings wise, but is true depending on each of the viewers opinion and what they look for in a Wrestling Show.

#39 koberulz

koberulz

Retired. You miss me.

• Code-X Member
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:02 PM

Given how crap the show was, though, how many of the people that watched it purely out of curiosity on Monday will ever watch it again?

When iMPACT! started airing in Australia, they got a really good rating the first week, everyone got really excited, and then the second week nobody watched it. Monday's rating means nothing; next Thursday's will tell the real story.

#40 Simon

Simon

Only 4 stars due to not being Misawa

• Code-X Member
  • 3,933 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:45 PM

View PostMC Coemgen, on Jan 7 2010, 07:35 PM, said:

View PostTheKGBIsAfterYou, on Jan 7 2010, 01:07 PM, said:

Booo!!!
You're right, Soulja Boy is ace. He can Crank 'Dat Soulja Boy any time, if you know what I mean.

But look at it this way; It may be that RAW has the same ratings as last week, but it also means that 2.2 Million other people watched wrestling. Ratings are too vague to find out who watches what, but it's a rise in the amount of people watching wrestling on a Monday. It's a great day for Wrestling, whether you love RAW or A.J. Styles.

#41 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:05 PM

I was hyped for last Monday. I'm glad more people tuned in to watch a wrestling program, but unfortunately I don't think WWE or TNA did anything to really keep those new viewers.

#42 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 04:36 AM

If Bret stays on RAW long term as rumoured them RAW will continue to have a few more viewers and if TNA manage to push Hardy, Flair and Hogan every week then their mumbers will clime no matter how shitty the show is because these guys are big names and some people will just tune in to see them regardless of anything else happening.

#43 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:20 AM

manage to push Hardy, Flair and Hogan every week then their mumbers will clime no matter how shitty the show is because these guys are big names and some people will just tune in to see them regardless of anything else happening.

Shh.....the smarks will hear you

#44 D-Ten

D-Ten

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:38 AM

Does anyone agree, that TNA should get rid of the gimmicky ring and have a more conventional one?

#45 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:52 AM

@ D-Ten: The ring shape is a mute point. It doesn't matter what the ring looks like as long as the action inside the ring is of a high standard. You could literally have a circle ring and as long as the stars are there and the wrestling is good the fanscouldn't care less about the ring.

@KGB: **** the smarks, Hargy & Hogan = money, whether the smarks think they can wrestle or even have a place in the industry is meaningless as long as the marks (who are larger in number to the smarks by ten-fold) continue to buy into them. love or hate them, Hogan is the biggest draw of any era period (besides maybe Austin) and Hardy is the biggest draw in modern day wrestling besides Cena. In fact he's probably more of draw than Cena considering that he basically pushes himself and doesn't have to be force fed to the marks, he's just naturally loved by the mainstream audience even though he's everything they should disslike because of his image (drugs, tattoos, multi coloured hair, etc).

#46 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:49 AM

Size and shape of the ring does make a few differences in regards to creating space, which very few actually know how to do anymore.

#47 1967 Spidey

1967 Spidey

Amazing

• Code-X Member
  • 5,750 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 09 January 2010 - 01:53 PM

View PostBlooma, on Jan 9 2010, 04:52 PM, said:

@ D-Ten: The ring shape is a mute point. It doesn't matter what the ring looks like as long as the action inside the ring is of a high standard. You could literally have a circle ring and as long as the stars are there and the wrestling is good the fanscouldn't care less about the ring.

@KGB: **** the smarks, Hargy & Hogan = money, whether the smarks think they can wrestle or even have a place in the industry is meaningless as long as the marks (who are larger in number to the smarks by ten-fold) continue to buy into them. love or hate them, Hogan is the biggest draw of any era period (besides maybe Austin) and Hargy is the biggest draw in modern day wrestling besides Cena. In fact he's probably more of draw than Cena considering that he basically pushes himself and doesn't have to be force fed to the marks, he's just naturally loved by the mainstream audience even though he's everything they should disslike because of his image (drugs, tattoos, multi coloured hair, etc).
Hargy?

#48 The Sickness

The Sickness

The CZW Guy

• Code-X Member
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:34 PM

View PostBlooma, on Jan 9 2010, 01:22 PM, said:

No You Couldn't, Unless You Had Just A Mat And No Corner's Or Ropes

I'd Like To See The 6 Sided Ring Because It Make's TNA Stand Out From All The Other's (Excluding The Mexican Promotion's)...I Don't Think I'd Mind If They Went Back To A 4 Sided Ring Though...It Would Just Take Some Getting Used To

#49 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:59 PM

Well thank you guys for being the dick police...

@Chik: We all know I meant Hardy, typo's happen to all of us... I am missing the n00b though. ;(

@ Sickness: It was a sarcastic example, I don't expect anyone to actually use a circular ring, my point was the ring is nothing more than a tool. As long as the action is good you don't even need a ring at times. Point proven by the fact that there has been boiler room matches, parking lot brawl matches, matches have have stayed in the ring less than a few minutes, and not to forget the fact that hardcore matches back in the day took place everywhere.

#50 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 04:05 PM

and not to forget the fact that hardcore matches back in the day took place everywhere

They need to bring that shit back. I wanna see Miz get beat down in a Senior Citizens Home.