#76 Zcrux

Zcrux

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:15 PM

View Post1967 Spidey, on 01 March 2011 - 01:31 PM, said:

View Post+Virus, on 28 February 2011 - 08:58 PM, said:

Is Sin Cara (w/e) Rey Mysterio? Saw a pic and the chin kinda looked like him..
Posted Image
He's a bigger star than Mysterio in Mexico.
No Mysterio is actually bigger. I was in Mexico last week and I went to a couple malls there. Literally every store had at least 5 different types of Mysterio masks and I only saw a few sin cara masks.

#77 1967 Spidey

1967 Spidey

Amazing

• Code-X Member
  • 5,750 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:09 PM

View PostSwyxx, on 01 March 2011 - 06:15 PM, said:

View Post1967 Spidey, on 01 March 2011 - 01:31 PM, said:

View Post+Virus, on 28 February 2011 - 08:58 PM, said:

Is Sin Cara (w/e) Rey Mysterio? Saw a pic and the chin kinda looked like him..
Posted Image
He's a bigger star than Mysterio in Mexico.
No Mysterio is actually bigger. I was in Mexico last week and I went to a couple malls there. Literally every store had at least 5 different types of Mysterio masks and I only saw a few sin cara masks.
Due to Mysterio being globalised and having a much longer career. Mistico is like Cena in terms of drawing power, where as Mysterio is more like Austin.

#78 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts
  • Gallery:View

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:40 AM

Mistico/Sin Cara = the new Mysterio - just like John Cena = the new Hulk Hogan. Simples.

#79 Blizzard

Blizzard

Ariana is my queen ♡

• Code-X Member
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:24 AM

View PostRyan, on 07 March 2011 - 03:40 AM, said:

Mistico/Sin Cara = the new Mysterio
This.

View PostRyan, on 07 March 2011 - 03:40 AM, said:

just like John Cena = the new Hulk Hogan. Simples.
How is Cena the new Hogan?

#80 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:49 AM

Hulk Hogan = the mega-superman of wrestling from 1985-1993ish and then the superman of wrestling between 1996-2003ish (minus the brief pause of 2001). Obviously some of that time was as a heel (NWO) but even then he pretty much never lost (fairly).

John Cena = the superman of wrestling from 2005-2008 and the mega-superman of wrestling from 2008-present. (Minus injury time outs).

Hogan = red/yellow ... Cena = purple/gold.

Hulkamaniacs ... Cenation

Hogan 3 moves of death (hulk up, big boot, leg drop) ... Cena 5 moves of doom (AA, STF, five knuckle shuffle, side spinout powerbomb, cenasser).

slogans: Hogan = training, saying prayers, and eating vitamins... Cena = hustle, loyalty, respect.

I could go on... and who said it was a bad thing? The only bad thing about it is how they did/do dominate. If other guys had more of a fairer shot to shine then people wouldn't be that bothered in all honesty.

#81 Blizzard

Blizzard

Ariana is my queen ♡

• Code-X Member
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:55 AM

I can see your point but Cena will never be like Hogan. Maybe The Rock because the crowd goes nuts every time he comes out like when The Rock did (some people will have a huge opinion on this). That's how I see it though.

#82 1967 Spidey

1967 Spidey

Amazing

• Code-X Member
  • 5,750 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:25 AM

Basically, Cena has a grasp of how to draw money, and a very strong one.

#83 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:43 AM

^That too, lol.

Who watched raw last night?

I'm intrigued about where this Sheamus/Bryan angle is going. I mean obviously Sheamus won't "quit" next week on raw but at the same time I'm not sure what Bryan losing the title at this point does for the angle? Obviously there will be a WM match between them as a result of all of this, I just have to question how we'll be lead into that with next weeks stipulation.

I like the Miz trap at the end of Raw as well. Miz is good on the mic but Cena and Rock have been eclipsing him with their back and forth and so it was about time his actions made him look strong and they did that. Sure his attack was cowardly but it gave him an extra edge. These last few weeks they've made Miz look smarter, more wiley and more brutal with his random attacks, tricks, traps, etc. It makes it more believable that he has a chance against Cena even though we all know he'll probably drop the title.

One thing is for sure though, they can't logically swerve us anymore, the verbals between Rock and Cena have been done to make it look very personal between the two and having The Rock not go after Cena physically at some point, be it in a match or brawl, would be very anticlimatic.

Stone Cold as the guest referee in the Lawler/Cole match is sweet and sour for me. To book this match strongly you have to make us believe Cole might win, with Austin as ref there is no chance of that. So while I'm glad he's at mania, I'm a little bit down on it due to the fact that it wasn't someone who could have made it look like Cole had more of an advantage than he does now. JBL would have been overkill on Cole side, Austin is overkill on Lawler's side. Booker T would have made a lot of sense to me, they could have turned him heel in the run up to mania made it look like he was on Cole's side and then have him switch at mania and help Jerry with all the odds stacked against him... Right now this match just looks like a 5 minute gap for people to go and get snacks and be back in time for Austin to stun everyone after the match has concluded.

Why has Christian returned when they clearly don't plan on doing anything major with him for WM? He won't be in the title match now the "contract" has been signed, so why have him continue to fued with Del Rio when you could build him towards something else? Or why not have held his return until after mania and then add him to the title picture. Edge and Christian chasing Del Rio as champion post mania has an interesting dynamic to it IMO.

#84 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 03:12 PM

I don't see how you can say Miz is now potentially able to defeat Cena. I still can't even imagine that happening, especially now since Alex Riley will no longer be his manager. The only way I can imagine Miz retaining is if Rock somehow plays a role in it. Though I'm just not sure that would happen. Because if it does, it means that they will most likely continue to feud. And even though Rock said "I'm not going away", I just don't see him staying after Mania, especially not for a match against Cena at Backlash. Which is why I just see Cena winning the title.

#85 Blizzard

Blizzard

Ariana is my queen ♡

• Code-X Member
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:26 PM

Cena will win the title with/without anyone interfering in the match.

#86 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:30 PM

Oh I'm positive Cena will win, I'm just saying what they are doing with the miz is making him look stronger as a champion than he did before. Making him a more strategic opponent begins to add new depth to his character and in the eyes of a mark makes him seen more of threat. I personally don't think miz has a chance in hell, lol, I just think his build up as a character has been better aside from rock and cena ignoring him.

#87 Blizzard

Blizzard

Ariana is my queen ♡

• Code-X Member
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:33 PM

View PostRyan, on 08 March 2011 - 05:30 PM, said:

Oh I'm positive Cena will win, I'm just saying what they are doing with the miz is making him look stronger as a champion than he did before. Making him a more strategic opponent begins to add new depth to his character and in the eyes of a mark makes him seen more of threat. I personally don't think miz has a chance in hell, lol, I just think his build up as a character has been better aside from rock and cena ignoring him.
I've never really liked The Miz's attitude (I know it's all for show) but I can see what you're saying by the build up. Makes perfect sense.

#88 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 06:17 PM

Meh, I don't really like it that much. To me he needs build up some 'cred' in the ring. I'm not questioning his ring skills but he's still not close to Cena's 'level'. Though I see that what you mean about building up Miz's character, but I always thought he was already strategic character. Especially after the feuds he had with Orton. I would rather see Miz pin Cena in the ring from a tag match or something like that other than him attacking from behind night after night.

#89 Blizzard

Blizzard

Ariana is my queen ♡

• Code-X Member
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:53 PM

View PostDday141, on 08 March 2011 - 06:17 PM, said:

I would rather see Miz pin Cena in the ring from a tag match or something like that other than him attacking from behind night after night.
Me too.

• Guests

Posted 15 March 2011 - 02:11 PM

Another great Raw leading up to WrestleMania last night. It'd be great if WWE could keep this kind of momentum up throughout the rest of the year, I guess really it is an impossible task.

Spoiler

#91 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:21 PM

After that RAW, Cole seriously going to die at Mania. I just felt weird watching that segment. Like it was really eerie and too real.

#92 Blizzard

Blizzard

Ariana is my queen ♡

• Code-X Member
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:34 PM

Michael Cole is a **** for giving the ankle lock to Jim Ross. He's gonna pay at WM.

#93 justinlynch3

justinlynch3

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:00 PM

So who caught last nights RAW?

#94 Zcrux

Zcrux

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:27 PM

View Postjustinlynch3, on 22 March 2011 - 05:00 PM, said:

I did.

#95 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:31 PM

View Postjustinlynch3, on 22 March 2011 - 05:00 PM, said:

No, I didn't catch a last nights RAW. But I did catch a pidgey and a metapod in the tall grass.

#96 Blizzard

Blizzard

Ariana is my queen ♡

• Code-X Member
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:06 PM

I just finished watching. It was epic. Fave part was when Cena came out & started fighting The Miz & Alex Riley by himself.

#97 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:57 AM

Raw was kinda of meh, this week. I mean what did it achieve compared to the previous week? Nothing was built upon and the only thing actually created for WM was the Bryan/Sheamus match. It just felt kind of a throw away week to me, it was almost like next week can't come quick enough for both the fans and the wwe crew.

#98 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:51 PM

Raw sucked for me. After another terrible...awkward Michael Cole promo, I just had to turn it off and go to sleep. I just can't stand Cole right now, I know it's an angle, but its just disgusting. He needs to die, if not him, then whomever writer(s) promoted the idea should die.

In fact, everyone who is ever involved in the making of this angle should do this.

Edited by Dday141, 23 March 2011 - 06:55 PM.

#99 Blizzard

Blizzard

Ariana is my queen ♡

• Code-X Member
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:26 PM

View PostDday141, on 23 March 2011 - 06:51 PM, said:

I just had to turn it off and go to sleep. I just can't stand Cole right now, I know it's an angle, but its just disgusting. He needs to die, if not him, then whomever writer(s) promoted the idea should die.
I know. How dare he talk about his deceased parents like that. No respect!