115 replies to this topic

#1 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Legend

Posted 23 March 2010 - 02:03 AM

This thread is NOT for WWE vs. TNA discussion, just for discussion of the current TNA product, iMPACT, PPV's etc. So no flaming, trolling, wars, or any of that crap.. that all goes here.

iMPACT was amazing on the 8th of March, crappy the week after, and once again amazing this week. I was pissed the RVD/Sting fued is kind of debunked.. and they are back to having Sting appear for 20 seconds a show.. at least the main event was great, and RVD finally had a real match. Opening with Bischoff was done well too, can't believe I'm actually getting into Jeff Jarrett's character.

#2 Solid Snake

Solid Snake

I'm not a hero. Never have been, never will be.

• Code-X Member
  • 3,696 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:46 AM

I was going to make a topic about this, but I'm just going to say it here...Tomko has gained some weight!!!!!!

#3 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:38 AM

I thought Shannon Moore was gonna be heel, wasn't he last week? Or maybe that was a dream? But now he's with Jeff again?...

#4 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:50 AM

TNA put on the better show, and Jarrett/Foley/Bischoff has been well done. Hogan can get one of the most docile crowds in wrestling to it's feet without saying a word, but I'm not feeling the Abyss thing.

#5 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:43 AM

Yeah I don't like how they are turning Abyss into Hogan more and more.. they should have just had Hogan inspire him to be The Monster again.. and then he'd wreck everyone.. now he's got splashes of red and yellow on his damn shirt.

Next week should be good, but I felt like that Eric Young thing at the end was totally random and last-minute.. and a little unrelated to what RVD and Jeff should be doing right now.

#6 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:50 AM

People don't want to see the red, white, and blue, flag waiving American hero (metaphorically....or literally) anymore. Especially not the 18-49 demo. Anti-Hero's sell, which is why Abyss should be wrecking shit. He's a good promo guy too.

#7 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts
  • Gallery:View

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:53 AM

At first I was really hard on TNA. The first month of Hogan was simple rebuilding and changing focus and I just didn't like it. I went with the "if it ain't broke" approach... Having said that I think that iMPACT! has been way better and much more interesting in recent weeks. I don't dig what they are doing with AJ or Abyss but on the whole I like how the tag team scene is turning out and the x division is being slowly moved back in which is great. RVD is an amazing aquisition and a great fan favourite... Hardy, I love Hardy but I don't know if he's the best guy to have right now.

Jarrett is just getting his punishment for ****ing Karen Angle and because Eric doesn't like him... Politics are a *****. I'm actually liking the Wolfpac getting back together, at first I felt it was dumb but the segments have been pretty good and if they let Hall and Nash run with it (no one cares for waltman) it can be both funny and a great rub for new stars coming up having a good fued with them.

#8 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:00 PM

Jarrett's been doing his most entertaining stuff since he/his dad started TNA.

The Young Bucks/Generation Me annoy the piss out of me. Hardy Boyz light. Shelley's a star.

#9 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:06 PM

Generation me are poor.... they actually remind me more of the naturals, just a whole lot worse. Shelley is amazing, Sabin is probably my fav of the two though. I'm liking where Hernandez/Morgan is going, that's got some real direction now and I'm glad they've cooled down the 3d Nasty boys stuff... More Beer Money is only going to lead to good things for TNA and the tag division. They're a real heavyweight team now and don't seem like two guys thrown together which TNA have bee nas guilty as the WWE with before. Ironically though, that's how they started. lol. :confused: But yeah a big tag title run is coming for them again, I can feel it and it should be pretty damn good for them if tag against some more main event talent at the same time.

Jarrett burning burgers and cleaning toilets is only entertaining when it is going some where, right now it's at a stand still, Jarrett was Eric's btich before the Foley match, now he's going to be he's ***** after the Foley match? Where's the progression? When it comes, that's when I'll decided that it has been entertaining but right now it is just shaming him for the sake of it.

#10 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:11 PM

Jarrett hitting him over the head with the guitar got him over huge, though.. he's actually popular for once.

I love heel AJ w/ Flair backing him, every promo is just classic.

I'm really hoping Daniels gets back in the picture.. they threw him in on March 8 but haven't seen him doing too much since.

#11 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:11 PM

Beer Money's good, but Roode never drinking a beer or even holding one on camera bugs me.

#12 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:19 PM

Flair behind AJ is great because it gives AJ a mouth piece, he hasn't always been a great promo guy but Flair has made him step up and Flair himself is saying some classic things, I'll admit that. I just wish they'd tone down the whole AJ being a copy of Flair, Abyss being a copy of Hogan thing. Let them be themselves but with the big influences of Flair/Hogan behind them. It lets them build on their own characters but get the much needed/deserved rub to make them super hot.

Jarrett hitting Bischoff with the chair is just one of those moments you love to see... I'm not going to be as critical as I can be on them, lol, as I really like the show. I'm just programed into the WWE way of things... brainwash boo!

Still think more could be done with Daniels though, I still think he's gone without winning a match this year... one of significance any way.

I'm liking Angle vs. Anderson. The only thing I don't understand is why Kennedy would be so anti-american? He isn't canadian FFS, lol. Other than that this is a great program. both great promo workers (Anderson jsut needs to turn the goof down half a notch) and in the ring Angle can get it done with anyone so with Anderson being a good wrestler we're going to get more good matches without a doubt.

EDIT: Roode's the money, you can't be drunk on the job my friend. ;)

#13 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:22 PM

Andersons not anti-american, he's trying to play off that Angle is a fake. And that Angle is only using America as a way to get the people behind him. I was also a little lost at the absence of both of them this iMPACT. The shows main problem is wasted TV time.. some things drag on a bit too long.. like after the first commercial break Eric was still in the ring.. they should have just moved on to that Knockouts tag match, and had Eric quickly announce Foley v. Jarrett backstage.. save a few minutes here and there.

#14 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:33 PM

yeah but he's attacking the army as well with his sly cheap shots at them and while it is a great way to get cheap heat he's better served just attacking Angles integrity and getting the heat through that alone. He'd be more believable that way because the army would be a "high standardof human beings" that Angle doesn't live up to through his false hero status. By brining both down at the same time he's just saying that Angle is a fake hero for a "low level of people" which makes his point meaningless.

#15 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:41 PM

So what happend to Joe? He got kidnapped (lol) and nobody bothered to find out why or who did it.

As for Abyss, at first when Hogan gave him the HoF ring (which was lame) and he was "drawing power" from it, it sucked. But now it doesn't seem to be as bad, hopefully it continues to get better. His music should go back though, it just makes me laugh.

And AJ is fine with Flair, a little odd at first, but it works.

I'm digging Anderson/Angle, just wish they would put more focus on it.

#16 Solid Snake

Solid Snake

I'm not a hero. Never have been, never will be.

• Code-X Member
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:06 PM

If I remember right, I think Joe had some knee injury or something about 2 months ago

#17 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:46 PM

I figured Ric Flair and AJ Styles had Joe kidnapped, lol.

#18 1967 Spidey

1967 Spidey

Amazing

• Code-X Member
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:15 PM

View PostMakaveli, on 23 March 2010 - 05:46 PM, said:

I figured Ric Flair and AJ Styles had Joe kidnapped, lol.
Your wrong, it was Kaientai.

#19 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:53 PM

Did they attempt to chop his dick off only to find out that John Wayne Bobbitt had saved him at the last minute? Because that angle was/would be awesome.

#20 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:23 PM

INDEEEED!

#21 1967 Spidey

1967 Spidey

Amazing

• Code-X Member
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:27 PM

View PostTheKGBIsAfterYou, on 26 March 2010 - 12:53 PM, said:

Did they attempt to chop his dick off only to find out that John Wayne Bobbitt had saved him at the last minute? Because that angle was/would be awesome.
Possibly. According to my connections, they thought he had a penis on his face (which was actually face paint, dem Japs lol) so kidnapped him in an attempt to interogate him of the stolen Rice Wine treats (he was the first suspect). Distraught were they when they realised the footage they were supplied of him was 8 months old and that he dropped the dick face paint gimmick. Before they cut of his real penis, he was saved by a mob of ROHBots who drove Kaientai back with the smell of chronic body odor. Expect him to redebut for PWG next month.

#22 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 03:34 AM

What does everyone think of Eric Young/RVD/Jeff Vs. The Band?

#23 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 03:50 AM

I think Eric Young has been the wrong fit for the entire storyline with the band/wolfpac. It makes sense only because Nash has tagged with EY in TNA a while ago and had all that beef other the Legends title. When you look at the guys involved someone like Samoa Joe would have been a better fit considering his history with Nash and his mainevent status. I know they are probably trying to rub some mainevent shine on EY by having him work with these guys but he's never going to be used as such long term in all fairness.

RVD & Hardy going after the band gives them a cool way to start off in TNA though and I'm sure they've got some cool double team moves to use if they team long term.

#24 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 03:53 AM

Yeah I can't get into Young.. I'm not sure I like RVD & Jeff being pulled into the Wolfpack borefest, but who knows maybe it could take that whole angle off life support.. either way, Hall needs to go soon.

#25 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 04:02 AM

Hall needs to be let loose on the mic instead of having lines fed to him. He's naturally charismatic and knows how to work a crowd even if he is past his sell by date. I agree though, Hall & Suxpac can't be used long term, they need to quickly move on from this fued and put over another team that could really benefit from ending their run in TNA. A team like Beer Money, lol, or any TNA made team for that matter.