• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#76 PLA ICON

PLA ICON

PHOENIX'S BITTER BITTER RIVAL!

• Code-X Member
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:28 AM

would you really consider ultimo a high flyer?? I'd more consider him a ground wrestler w/ high flying moves thrown into his arsenal but not a major high flyer

#77 Kiyomi Takada

Kiyomi Takada

Lol, I burned myself to death coz my boyfriend told me to

• Code-X Member
  • 606 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:56 AM

View PostReal American ICON!, on Apr 8 2008, 03:28 AM, said:

would you really consider ultimo a high flyer?? I'd more consider him a ground wrestler w/ high flying moves thrown into his arsenal but not a major high flyer
Same with Liger and Sasuke, but that's the kind of high-flying I really enjoy. I would consider him a high-flier, based solely on the fact that that's how he got famous and over with Japanese fans. He's not an insane-spot fest high flier, but he's still a high-flier to me, but you are right to debate it. I'd say he's a mixture of both, just like Triple H is a brawler and a technician, same with Stone Cold (before the neck injury).

#78 D-Ten

D-Ten

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:00 AM

I really don't have much to say about todays high flyers, They are too much like one trick ponies. Their matches while entertaining enough are more like circus tricks than a wrestling match. I prefare to watch a match where the wrestler doesn't rely solely on "spots" set up for him. The first moonsault i saw was the Great Muta, I don't know if he originated it but i don't recall seeing it before him. No body has mentioned probably the greatest aerial wrestlers for a man his size Bam Bam Bigelow.

#79 PLA ICON

PLA ICON

PHOENIX'S BITTER BITTER RIVAL!

• Code-X Member
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:49 PM

View Postten, on Apr 8 2008, 03:00 AM, said:

I really don't have much to say about todays high flyers, They are too much like one trick ponies. Their matches while entertaining enough are more like circus tricks than a wrestling match. I prefare to watch a match where the wrestler doesn't rely solely on "spots" set up for him. The first moonsault i saw was the Great Muta, I don't know if he originated it but i don't recall seeing it before him. No body has mentioned probably the greatest aerial wrestlers for a man his size Bam Bam Bigelow.

bam bam was in no way a high flyer imo...he used one MAYBE 2 moves that are considered high flying...if anything MIKE AWESOME was more of a high flyer than him...

Thats like Saying Umaga is a high flyer because of his 3 min. warning finisher

#80 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

Hargy Noob Count: 24

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:14 PM

Mike Awesome was a good highflyer for his size, I also think that Vader's moonsault was incredible considering his size. But it still doesn't make him a highflyer per say.

Edited by phoenixsplash630, 08 April 2008 - 02:15 PM.

#81 red_medicine

red_medicine

Ranger.

• Code-X Member
  • 3,484 posts
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:15 PM

^Jody gay....yeah he kinda is gay. Be he's ****in awesome!!!

And i completly agree Jeff Hardy is NOT i repeat is NOT a highflyer.

I mad i forgot to mention Paul london, amazing wrestler, and i have yet to see anyone that is as good a wrestler as Paul take as many hard bumps. What i find amazing about him is that he's not a ultra-reflex botch machine he is an exelent wrestler and deserves alot more thatn he's gotten. same goes for Kendrick.

#82 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:35 PM

London is definitely amazing, but like I said before, I think he is a better fit for TNA's X division. I also think that he is better than Kendrick.

#83 D-Ten

D-Ten

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:12 PM

View PostReal American ICON!, on Apr 8 2008, 07:49 PM, said:

View Postten, on Apr 8 2008, 03:00 AM, said:

......No body has mentioned probably the greatest aerial wrestlers for a man his size Bam Bam Bigelow.

bam bam was in no way a high flyer imo...he used one MAYBE 2 moves that are considered high flying...if anything MIKE AWESOME was more of a high flyer than him...

Thats like Saying Umaga is a high flyer because of his 3 min. warning finisher

Read "for a man his size" I'm not suggesting he's a high flyer, just pointing out that for 380 pounder or what ever he was, back in the 80s/90 he was certainly amazingly agile if you saw his matches you'd know what i mean, and dont mention umaga :o

#84 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:19 PM

Umaga is actually pretty agile for his size, kind of like Samoa Joe, in a way. But Samoa Joe is more agile.

#85 †ψį©КΞÐŁįĢĦŦИЇNפֿ†™

†ψį©КΞÐŁįĢĦŦИЇNפֿ†™

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:00 PM

id say jeff hardy is the best hardcore highflyer ever, especially with that swaton he did on randy orton a month ago.

#86 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:04 PM

Good to see a post in this topic again. But I'd have to disagree with you, being that Jeff isn't really a highflyer. All he has is the Swanton and the Whisper in the Wind. Also, even Big Daddy V good jump off of the height that Jeff did, (that would look funny.) But I respect your opinion.

#87 †ψį©КΞÐŁįĢĦŦИЇNפֿ†™

†ψį©КΞÐŁįĢĦŦИЇNפֿ†™

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:15 PM

ok, what about jimmy snuka?

#88 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:18 PM

The original highflyer, Superfly. He was the one who started it all, and without him, none of the guys mentioned would even exist in wrestling.

#89 †ψį©КΞÐŁįĢĦŦИЇNפֿ†™

†ψį©КΞÐŁįĢĦŦИЇNפֿ†™

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:22 PM

he was the legend. i dont think anyone can top him.

#90 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:02 PM

This isn't really bumping my topic, I hope, but I have just seen some insane and crazy moves here, and here. The first one is Yoshitsune, who I mentioned in my original post. The second video is Dragon Kid. I just thought that this goes along with the highflying topic, but I apologize if any rules were broken.

#91 ►KoЯn◄

►KoЯn◄

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 03:41 PM

Rey Mysterio is one great in my eye

#92 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 03:43 PM

I too agree that Mysterio is a great, but I think that he was better, before WWE.