99 replies to this topic

#76 koberulz

koberulz

Retired. You miss me.

• Code-X Member
  • 3,464 posts
  • Gallery:View

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:39 PM

They got the same rating they did the previous week, I have no idea where the 'biggest since summerslam' report came from.

1.26 for iMPACT! this week, apparently.

#77 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:30 AM

We've had this discussion already, ratings do not directly translate into the amount of views the show got. It DID have a larger amount of VIEWERS than any RAW since Summerslam but maintained the same RATING as the previous week because of other factors like share of viewers, how well other shows did, etc, etc...

#78 Lenin

Lenin

There is no democracy in physics.

• Code-X Member
  • 625 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 05:31 AM

TNA's gone down the shitter after only a month, IMO. Genesis was crap, the six sided ring is gone, Daniels is a nobody again, Pope losing to OJ, recreating the Screwjob and Nasty Boys pinning Eric Young. **** Hogan.

Edited by Lenin, 19 January 2010 - 05:32 AM.

#79 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:11 AM

Yup Hogan sucks... They've even pulled TNA PPVs from UK television.

#80 Lenin

Lenin

• Code-X Member
  • 625 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:16 PM

Now Awesome Kong is getting punished (rightly so), while Bubba twatface Sponge makes "**** Hiati" comments. if its an angle, TNA should be disgusted for using the earthquake. But if its not (as I believe), then it just shows that Hogan's pals are ****ing this whole fed up. Dixie Carter has made a terrible decision so far giving them so much power. And don't get me started on Ken Anderson's debut either.

#81 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:48 PM

Mr Anderson is the closest thing to a star they actually have right now though, especially with Jeff Hardy being kept off TV. Flair isn't wrestling, and all the other guys they've brought in are past it besides Kendrick... It really is looking bad for TNA IMO, they just aren't going about things in a good way. PAst it stars are going over perhaps the future of the business and there are some guys like the MCMG are are barely being used, it's just rediculous.

#82 1967 Spidey

1967 Spidey

Amazing

• Code-X Member
  • 5,750 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 19 January 2010 - 03:26 PM

Way to become Hogans vision of wrestling TNA. You lost all sense of creativity and uniqueness you once had. WCW 2.0 is born.

#83 Lenin

Lenin

• Code-X Member
  • 625 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:18 PM

If Ken Anderson is the closest thing to a star they have right now, that's bad news for TNA. His debut was so underwhelming. Turning AJ heel, however, was by far the stupidest move. He's the best natural face since Steamboat I truly believe that. Why change that?

#84 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:53 AM

Even Steamboat went heel a couple of times... but you're right, AJ doesn't work so well as a heel, (at least not the last few times he's played that role) he's like rey Mysterio in the sense (not regarding in ring ability but in the sense) that he's extremely over with the corwd and is such a likeable character that it's almost to easy to get behind him, especially when he's putting on good matches.

#85 Simon

Simon

Only 4 stars due to not being Misawa

• Code-X Member
  • 3,933 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:12 AM

http://www.stormwres...com/012310.html

Anyone who disagrees is a stupid mark :P

#86 Sharpshooter93

Sharpshooter93

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

• Code-X Member
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:57 AM

The only person that might be less suited for this gimmick is me.

I lol'd. Storm is great

#87 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:16 AM

I have to lol at Lance "The Uncharismatic" Storm verbally burying TNA and most of his points are spot on. Which brings up an interesting idea to me. Why doesn't TNA/WWE creative teams have more knowledgable former wrestlers/promoters involved, because some of these guys do have an eye and a brain for the business and would straighten some of the more crooked storylines out.

Now I know people will say that the WWE has Dusty Rhodes and Michael Hayes on the creative team in some capacity but both guys are old, tired and clearly don't know what appeals to the fans anymore. recently retired guys like Lance Storm and Dean Malenko, and even guys like Jamie Noble (note I'm not aiming to high, guys like HHH, HBK and even 'Taker are likely to have too much of a political ass licking stance with Vince) could all add a more realistic and modern perspective to the product and in the process they could point out great big glaring errors that are forever made by the unknowledgable creative members and even more shockingly the uncaring promoters of today. Even getting a few current wrestlers (aside from HHH, HBK and Taker as mentioned) a guy like Jericho has a great understanding of both the business and the fans expectations which is why he's so over with the IWC and why he has such heat with live crowds.

On the promoters front, Heyman has to be the greatest Booker of them all, he's got more of a sense of what the pople want than Vince McMahon and he has more care and respect for the business than Hogan and Bischoff. He fails epicly hard as a business man though but more to the point... Being a great mind and having love for the business has made Heyman awesome as a booker/screenwriter of great Wrestling TV. When he wrote for SD! he made it the best show in the WWE by far and he broguht real excitement to it by pushing simple mid carders and turning them into stars. If it wasn't for Stephanie McMahon he'd probably still have a job with the WWE as well and I know for a fact that what ever show he would be writing for now would be far better than the current product. IF Heyman could ever be enticed back into pro wrestling by TNA or the WWE then the respective show would have a lot more direction IMO.

#88 DLT

DLT

Thanks to Simon for the Avatar

• Code-X Legend
  • 5,784 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:02 PM

Flair isn't wrestling

Thank God for small miracles.

Other than that, I lol'd a few times over the state that TNA is in (based on that link above) since Hogan and co. arrived. I'm not sure why TNA management never realised that his charisma is the only good thing Hogan ever had, and hasn't got a spot of talent for wrestling in any other capacity?

#89 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:12 PM

Flair may be terrible in the ring now, but he draws fans, interest and money when he steps into the ring to wrestle. No one was talking about Hogan's tour down under until Flair signed on to mainevent.

TNA didn't bring Hogan in to for him to be in control though, tbh, Hogan is there because his image alone has people interested. The real score for TNA is Bischoff, or at least that is what they thought but no one told them about the death of WCW it seems.

To be perfectly honest, TNA would have been better off simply using all that money they've thrown at Hogan and "Easy E" to hire Heyman. Yes I know I'm riding him real bad at the minute, lol, but Heyman would have TNA in such as stronger position right now in terms of direction and future potential... as long as Dixie kept a hold of the money that is, lol.

#90 Lenin

Lenin

• Code-X Member
  • 625 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:21 PM

View PostBlooma, on Jan 25 2010, 05:16 PM, said:

On the promoters front, Heyman has to be the greatest Booker of them all, he's got more of a sense of what the pople want than Vince McMahon and he has more care and respect for the business than Hogan and Bischoff. He fails epicly hard as a business man though but more to the point... Being a great mind and having love for the business has made Heyman awesome as a booker/screenwriter of great Wrestling TV. When he wrote for SD! he made it the best show in the WWE by far and he broguht real excitement to it by pushing simple mid carders and turning them into stars. If it wasn't for Stephanie McMahon he'd probably still have a job with the WWE as well and I know for a fact that what ever show he would be writing for now would be far better than the current product. IF Heyman could ever be enticed back into pro wrestling by TNA or the WWE then the respective show would have a lot more direction IMO.
I disagree about Heyman. Good booker, but you're over exaggerating his SmackDown work. He constantly gave away great matches on free TV, so much so that PPV buyrates were down because: Smackdown fans were getting it for free; and Raw sucked. With what he had at his disposal at Smackdown, he could ONLY do good, and half the show wrote itself (e.g. put some combination of Eddie, Chavo, Benoit, Angle, Edge, Mysterio) in a match and let them fight. As a pure wrestling show, it was great, but so is Ring of Honor, but I have absolutely no desire to watch that at all anymore because everyone is bland.

The best booker/writer was so obviously Chris Kreski, and was the best probably that we'll ever see. He basically mixed the great wrestling of Heyman with the great story of a leashed Vince Russo and put together some of the best stuff in WWE (then WWF) history.

I don't know if Heyman is the best booker today. I don't actually follow so much wrestling anymore, so I wouldn't know that well any of the recent ones.

#91 slayerfan

slayerfan

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:59 AM

Bischoff did NOT kill WCW.he made wcw great and the time warner merger killed wcw cause they never wanted wrestling on time warner so they did everything they could to sabotage Bischoff and WWE simply bought the tv rights from time warner

#92 Future WHC

Future WHC

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 286 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:20 AM

Do you think Tara will go back to WWE as Victoria bringing Poison with her after her contract with TNA expires?

#93 1967 Spidey

1967 Spidey

Amazing

• Code-X Member
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:20 AM

View PostThe Wrestler, on 29 April 2010 - 01:20 AM, said:

Do you think Tara will go back to WWE as Victoria bringing Poison with her after her contract with TNA expires?
Doubt it. She wouldn't of left in the first place if she intended on to go back 2 years later. If she needs money, possbily. I would love to see her our the Joshi promotions in Japan.

#94 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:26 AM

Tara left the WWE because she was undervalued in terms of getting a push... and she's leaving TNA because they undervalued her in terms of how much she gets paid.

Bottom line Tara is undervalued!

This might actually be it for her Wrestling career as a full time wrestler, she originally wanted to do some MMA, so maybe she'll actually get round to doing more of that now.

#95 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 03:36 PM

Don't feel like reading the 4 pages of text. But I must know, who is getting higher ratings? TNA? Or NXT? I will have major lol's if NXT is doing better than TNA.

#96 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 02 May 2010 - 03:54 PM

Ratings does not make a good show. Rating is how many be tuned into watch. Its all about the content on the TV show that makes it entertaining.

#97 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:27 AM

...NXT is beating TNA's taped shows, I don't think it is beating the live shows though.

Having said that, I'm with Chikara, as far as I care as long as the show is entertaining then I personally don't care for the ratings. Though I do admit that they are interesting to read about and look into.

#98 sWiBbO

sWiBbO

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 11:17 AM

I choose real professional wrestling over "sports entertainment" so I choose: NOAH, NJPW, AJPW, CMLL, ROH, PWG, CHIKARA, etc.

#99 1967 Spidey

1967 Spidey

Amazing

• Code-X Member
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:35 AM

View PostsWiBbO, on 19 May 2010 - 11:17 AM, said:

I choose real professional wrestling over "sports entertainment" so I choose: NOAH, NJPW, AJPW, CMLL, ROH, PWG, CHIKARA, etc.
I like this guy.

#100 Future WHC

Future WHC

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 286 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:48 AM

WWE.com posted that Carlito has been released by WWE due to him refusing rehab. Do note this was his first violation. I expect Primo to remain on the roster as a jobber, until he gets sick of that and hands in his notice.