• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#1 xcrissxcrossx

xcrissxcrossx

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:17 AM

during the GAB they had to change 3 of the matches because 3 of the wrestlers couldnt compete, ironically both lashley AND khali had liver problems. JBL was changed to color commentator, Booker T changed to King Booker, Rey, the reason many people WATCH smackdown, lost his title to one of the most hated wrestlers on WWE, They lost Kurt angle to ECW, they have to compete with ECW's extreme rules and RAW's DX storyline, while they have nothing.

#2 jamesw

jamesw

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:49 AM

xcrissxcrossx, on Jul 26 2006, 12:17 PM, said:

during the GAB they had to change 3 of the matches because 3 of the wrestlers couldnt compete, ironically both lashley AND khali had liver problems. JBL was changed to color commentator, Booker T changed to King Booker, Rey, the reason many people WATCH smackdown, lost his title to one of the most hated wrestlers on WWE, They lost Kurt angle to ECW, they have to compete with ECW's extreme rules and RAW's DX storyline, while they have nothing.
This is a really a dark time for SD right now, i just dont know what they can do to pick it up

i heard in another post that rumored is a BOD reunion at SummerSlam if that happens and if SD could get Kane to come to SD that might get SD back on track storyline wise. (again thats just a rumor dont accuse me of false posting)

#3 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

See the sig for where good television has gone.

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts
  • Location:Think Wizard of Oz, for that's all the information you're getting! :lol:

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:15 PM

jamesw, on Jul 26 2006, 12:49 PM, said:

xcrissxcrossx, on Jul 26 2006, 12:17 PM, said:

This is a really a dark time for SD right now, i just dont know what they can do to pick it up

i heard in another post that rumored is a BOD reunion at SummerSlam if that happens and if SD could get Kane to come to SD that might get SD back on track storyline wise. (again thats just a rumor dont accuse me of false posting)
It's rumor due to Show facing Taker in an ECW rules title match w/ Khali interfering, Show teaming up with Khali to take out Taker on SNME, Show replacing Khali in Khali's own Punjabi Prison match at the GAB because Khail can't compete (Taker wins the match, despite Khali's interference...again), and just recently, Show dismantled Undertaker's little half-brother (storyline) Kane on ECW (thanks to a cheating Heyman).

#4 HmKurtAngle

HmKurtAngle

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 420 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:28 PM

well yeah ,and now they have more heels then babyfaces on sd as well the only babyface i`ve seen are
brian kendrikpaul london batista and rey every1 else is heel which is a bad thing for those people......if there are any more babyfaces they don`t get any airtime at all which sucks....

lashley the injured babyface
boogeyman:dissappeared he was nuetral face,and heel....
Kennedy was Face but he tried hard to be a heel but people like him to much lol

i don`t know what to say about 3 faces and 100 heels on sd

chavo was a face now he a heel via chairshot to rey at gab......

they just ****`in up every storyline they can fuc`k up

#5 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts
  • Location:Think Wizard of Oz, for that's all the information you're getting! :lol:

Posted 26 July 2006 - 01:01 PM

HmKurtAngle, on Jul 26 2006, 01:28 PM, said:

well yeah ,and now they have more heels then babyfaces on sd as well the only babyface i`ve seen are
brian kendrikpaul london batista and rey every1 else is heel which is a bad thing for those people......if there are any more babyfaces they don`t get any airtime at all which sucks....

lashley the injured babyface
boogeyman:dissappeared he was nuetral face,and heel....
Kennedy was Face but he tried hard to be a heel but people like him to much lol

i don`t know what to say about 3 faces and 100 heels on sd

chavo was a face now he a heel via chairshot to rey at gab......

they just ****`in up every storyline they can fuc`k up
Yep. SD!'s cursed...

#6 Guest_Stu_*

Guest_Stu_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:24 PM

I'm sorry, but you're (the original post) complaining because "during the GAB they had to change 3 of the matches because 3 of the wrestlers couldnt compete, ironically both lashley AND khali had liver problems."? Its not like WWE wanted to change the matches, do you think they were responsible for the injuries or something? 'Hey, let's have Lashley get injured and stop him in the match'. Some things can't be helped.

"Booker T changed to King Booker, Rey, the reason many people WATCH smackdown, lost his title to one of the most hated wrestlers on WWE". I don't hate Booker T. I think he's phenomonal. Many people dislike Rey Mysterio and didn't want him champion (i.e. the entire Wrestlemania 22 crowd).

#7 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:45 PM

~ The Hitman ~, on Jul 26 2006, 07:24 PM, said:

I'm sorry, but you're (the original post) complaining because "during the GAB they had to change 3 of the matches because 3 of the wrestlers couldnt compete, ironically both lashley AND khali had liver problems."? Its not like WWE wanted to change the matches, do you think they were responsible for the injuries or something? 'Hey, let's have Lashley get injured and stop him in the match'. Some things can't be helped.

"Booker T changed to King Booker, Rey, the reason many people WATCH smackdown, lost his title to one of the most hated wrestlers on WWE". I don't hate Booker T. I think he's phenomonal. Many people dislike Rey Mysterio and didn't want him champion (i.e. the entire Wrestlemania 22 crowd).
People didn't LIKE Mysterio as champ, BECAUSE WWE used Eddie's death as the launchpad to MAKE Mysterio champ (playing the "sympathy card" into the "underdog" champ routine)...Now, that's NOT to say that Rey did NOT deserve the gold, for he certainly does...just not in the fashion that he won it. True, he was being moved up already BEFORE Eddie's death, but to most, Rey's move was too fast...

#8 Guest_Stu_*

Guest_Stu_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:47 PM

So, Rey Mysterio deserved it. I accept that. I was all for it, just not in the way he did win it. But why doesn't Booker T deserve it. In WCW he put his heart and soul into that company. Since late 2001, when he arrived, Booker T was an instant high-rate superstar in WWE. He's been a main eventer for years now and was never given the gold. Now he has, but if he's a transitional champion so help me god I'll go nuts.

#9 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:58 PM

~ The Hitman ~, on Jul 26 2006, 07:47 PM, said:

So, Rey Mysterio deserved it. I accept that. I was all for it, just not in the way he did win it. But why doesn't Booker T deserve it. In WCW he put his heart and soul into that company. Since late 2001, when he arrived, Booker T was an instant high-rate superstar in WWE. He's been a main eventer for years now and was never given the gold. Now he has, but if he's a transitional champion so help me god I'll go nuts.
The point is, as you yourself stated, "Booker T put his heart and soul into WCW", a company that Vinces HATES and wishes would stay DEAD, hence why Booker remained in midcarder hell for countless years, unlike RVD who eventually got his shot (IMO, only because ECW came back, and ECW only came back because Vince helped fund the original promotion before it caved in too & now, it's just another brand). IMO, the only reason Booker's champ--not that he doesn't deserve it, for he does--is 'cause people were bored of the "underdog" stylings of Mysterio and SD! needed a long-time veteran to play a heel and with many stars injured/suspended, who was left but Booker?

#10 Guest_Stu_*

Guest_Stu_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2006 - 07:05 PM

Agreed about most, but you also can't deny Booker has put his heart and soul into WWE and done, like he did in WCW, pretty much anything he was told to do. But he will just be a transitional champion for.....dare I say it.....Batista *shudders*

#11 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 07:08 PM

~ The Hitman ~, on Jul 26 2006, 08:05 PM, said:

Agreed about most, but you also can't deny Booker has put his heart and soul into WWE and done, like he did in WCW, pretty much anything he was told to do. But he will just be a transitional champion for.....dare I say it.....Batista *shudders*
Yep and then Henry might come back...*shudders even more*

#12 Guest_Stu_*

Guest_Stu_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2006 - 07:12 PM

I'd rather have Henry as champion than Batista. I'm probably going to get destroyed by wrestling fans all over Code X for saying this but I genuinly believe Henry is a better wrestler plus he has been around since the attitude era (minus two years in the middle).

#13 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 07:16 PM

~ The Hitman ~, on Jul 26 2006, 08:12 PM, said:

I'd rather have Henry as champion than Batista. I'm probably going to get destroyed by wrestling fans all over Code X for saying this but I genuinly believe Henry is a better wrestler plus he has been around since the attitude era (minus two years in the middle).
Though I agree, Henry is nothing but power it seems, whether I think Batista, in his Levathian (sp?) days, was "quicker than a hiccup" and was more than just strength.

#14 HmKurtAngle

HmKurtAngle

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 420 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 08:59 PM

thats a good point about using eddie death as a launchpad,and i think chavo gottin tired of hearin people chant eddie and not rey,and chavo proabably figure it was wrong to keep doin that,and let him rest in peace so chavo put it in his hands and gave rey a real hard chair shot,cause to me that chairshot didn`t look or feel fake rey couldnt put his hands up to prevent it from hittin his head to lessin the full impact of the shot.......

#15 Guest_Stu_*

Guest_Stu_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2006 - 02:57 AM

Chair shots don't really hurt (I've been hit full force in the skull - if done properly it can look real and still not hurt). But the point is, using Eddie's death for storyline purposes is far from over. A few things will happen in the soon-to-be match at SummerSlam between Chavo and Rey:
Rey will use (or try to use) the Three Amigo's
Rey will dedicate his victory to Eddie
Rey will win with either the Frog Splash or by making the referee look like Chavo hit Rey with a chair (stealing the Eddie trademark). Its typical of WWE really. I've learned to expect.

#16 Freehuey

Freehuey

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Legend
  • 1,972 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Administrator

Posted 27 July 2006 - 07:38 AM

I have personally enjoyed SD! over the past few weeks. Look at last friday. Three good matches and a really good Lashley/Finlay match. They may not have the star power that Raw has but they certainley make up for it by consistantly having good matches each week.

#17 Guest_Stu_*

Guest_Stu_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2006 - 07:44 AM

I totally agree, Freehuey. I've been saying it for weeks but now the mid-carders get their shot to shine pretty much. Look at the likes of Kennedy. Not to mention this week two new talents made their debut (but I'm not giving any results - look in the spoilers section for that). I'm enjoying Smackdown a lot - it reminds me a lot of TNA's X-Division in a way.

#18 Corey Grandy

Corey Grandy

Deleted Member.

• Code-X Member
  • 11,630 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 08:31 AM

Beyond al the storyline mumbo-jumbo, and all the craps about whose playing what character SmackDown! is a damn good show. SmackDown!, mroe often than not has better wrestling than RAW or ECW. Also SmackDown! has some of the better technical stars in William Regal, Chris Benoit & (Dave 'Fit') Finlay; the cruiserweights in Helms, London & Kendrick, Rey Mysterio and the fan favourites in Kennedy, Batista, Undertaker & Matt Hardy. Whereas RAW in continually pushing people like John Cena, Mikey, Nicky, Mitch & Hulk Hogan; all of whom are getter staler every appearance they make.

In relation to this little Mysterio/World Title discussion; I was all for it, before it happened. But when he won the title in 9:46 against two guys, I was actually quite angry. Though I had been pulling for Orton the most in the match I wouldn't have been completely pissed had Mysterio won it, in a more strung out match. Mysterio, Orton & Angle were at the time 3 of my favourite wrestlers, and that match was something I had been looking forward to since its announcement. Then they had to go and ruin it by deciding to, once again, make the SmackDown! heavyweight title match less than ten minutes long (in fact, it may have been close to the shortest match of the night).

Either way, I as happy when Rey lost it, because for the bast 3 months all we've been hearing about is Mr. Underdog champion, and how he finds it so hard to retain every time. Yet in every title defense he picks up the win in 10 minutes...that sounds very smart on WWE's part. Having the man complain about how he's always been the underdog, but in every match he's always dominating (for the most part; Khali is an exception).

Booker T was the first average sized guy who Rey defended his title against since his defenses agains Angle & Orton just after Wrestlemania. However, he was still en route to a win (that is, if wrestling wasn't scripted) before Chavo interfered with the chair shot (which is almost two months overdue). Booker T was basically made to pull a John Cena. He got dominated for 75% of the match, and then won because of some extenuating circumstances. I love hwo even though they decided he should eb the new champion they couldn't at least semi-cleanly put Booker over Rey Mysterio; a man who should have technically been squashed by every opponent he's had since Wrestlemania...

Okay rant over...Call me when they run with the storyline they said they'd never use (Booker vs. Batista in relation to their 'real life fight'). I'm out.

#19 Guest_Stu_*

Guest_Stu_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2006 - 08:39 AM

"In relation to this little Mysterio/World Title discussion; I was all for it, before it happened. But when he won the title in 9:46 against two guys, I was actually quite angry. Though I had been pulling for Orton the most in the match I wouldn't have been completely pissed had Mysterio won it, in a more strung out match. Mysterio, Orton & Angle were at the time 3 of my favourite wrestlers, and that match was something I had been looking forward to since its announcement. Then they had to go and ruin it by deciding to, once again, make the SmackDown! heavyweight title match less than ten minutes long (in fact, it may have been close to the shortest match of the night). "

It was the shortest behind Boogeyman vs Booker T and Sharmell and the playboy match. Nonetheless it was one of the best matches of the night (Kurt Angle carried it). It had some great moments (double german suplex - making Orton and Mysterio tap - the great hurricanrana from the top rope).

"Either way, I as happy when Rey lost it, because for the bast 3 months all we've been hearing about is Mr. Underdog champion, and how he finds it so hard to retain every time. Yet in every title defense he picks up the win in 10 minutes...that sounds very smart on WWE's part. Having the man complain about how he's always been the underdog, but in every match he's always dominating (for the most part; Khali is an exception)."

Actually, I can't remember a title defense he did dominate. Against Orton, Randy carried the match, same with against Angle. Against JBL it was fifteen minutes of ownage by JBL and two minutes of momentum for Mysterio. Against Khali, like you said was about seven minutes of ownage. The only even match he had was his most recent match against Mark Henry and Booker T.

"I love hwo even though they decided he should eb the new champion they couldn't at least semi-cleanly put Booker over Rey Mysterio; a man who should have technically been squashed by every opponent he's had since Wrestlemania..."

But the new champion is just a transitional champion for Batista, which sucks I think. But I can just tell Batista will get a title shot at SummerSlam and oh dear, we're at that point again.

However! There is one thing I am looking forward to. Batista is champion but what match could they be setting up for at No Mercy, Armageddon or Wrestlemania? Batista vs Undertaker. Its never happened before but it has to happen someday.

#20 jamesw

jamesw

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 01:54 PM

~ The Hitman ~, on Jul 27 2006, 08:44 AM, said:

I totally agree, Freehuey. I've been saying it for weeks but now the mid-carders get their shot to shine pretty much. Look at the likes of Kennedy. Not to mention this week two new talents made their debut (but I'm not giving any results - look in the spoilers section for that). I'm enjoying Smackdown a lot - it reminds me a lot of TNA's X-Division in a way.
It is ok (but could be a little better) i watch it every week, they did mess up with the Rey Mysterio sympathy card which got really old, and now to have someone like Booker T finally shine (in WWE)

There are some laughs with JBL on commentary, and with that Little *******, One week particulary when he came out from under the ring half-way and tossed JBL a Heinekin my favorite part right now is Mrrrrrrrrr. Kennedy.............(Kennedy)

Point is right now they only have a few good matches a week, the storylines are really not that good, and they need some more (and better) rivalries. but ill still watch even if they are doing poorly.

#21 Guest_Stu_*

Guest_Stu_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2006 - 03:15 PM

I'll admit I want to see a few more rivalries, but they're being built up gradually. We have a Finlay / Regal fued which will start. Batista / Booker T. Kane and Undertaker / Khali and Big Show. Matt Hardy / Helms has potential which won't go through. Chavo / Rey. There's quite a few actually.

#22 live4this

live4this

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 04:31 PM

Booker T deserves to have the title longer than a month and if that BOD storyline continues then Kane will be going to SD.They need to bring in some cruiserweights in to fight Gregory Helms.

#23 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 04:39 PM

live4this, on Jul 27 2006, 05:31 PM, said:

Booker T deserves to have the title longer than a month and if that BOD storyline continues then Kane will be going to SD.They need to bring in some cruiserweights in to fight Gregory Helms.
Hoepfully, when Kane debuts, he's masked again... :P

#24 Guest_Stu_*

Guest_Stu_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2006 - 04:42 PM

He wasn't masked on ECW this week, if that's "news". But still, personally I believe the mask should be no reason why someone is a better wrestler.

#25 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 04:51 PM

~ The Hitman ~, on Jul 27 2006, 05:42 PM, said:

He wasn't masked on ECW this week, if that's "news". But still, personally I believe the mask should be no reason why someone is a better wrestler.
I know that. The thing is...the mask is what primarily endeared fans to Kane BEFORE the man earned his due.