smackdown is starting to get really bad

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#126 Guest_Stu_*

Guest_Stu_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2006 - 12:18 PM

I was merely stating how, from my perspective, ratings should not matter when deciding whether a show is good or bad - but rather it should depend on the actual quality of the show. And I also wasn't disregarding ratings - because of course their what keep the company in business - I'm just saying that, in the end, they are just numbers and has little impact on how good the show is.

In fact, a thought just dawned on me. If a show is not getting as much ratings as perhaps it should, would the company not go all out in trying to make that right - thus making the show better? And the improvement of Smackdown over the past weeks could be proof of this.

#127 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

See the sig for where good television has gone.

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts
  • Location:Think Wizard of Oz, for that's all the information you're getting! :lol:

Posted 06 August 2006 - 04:37 PM

The Legend Killer, on Aug 6 2006, 01:18 PM, said:

I was merely stating how, from my perspective, ratings should not matter when deciding whether a show is good or bad - but rather it should depend on the actual quality of the show. And I also wasn't disregarding ratings - because of course their what keep the company in business - I'm just saying that, in the end, they are just numbers and has little impact on how good the show is.

In fact, a thought just dawned on me. If a show is not getting as much ratings as perhaps it should, would the company not go all out in trying to make that right - thus making the show better? And the improvement of Smackdown over the past weeks could be proof of this.
Agreed. This could explain why SD!'s getting all the new wrestlers and RAW has the "big name" guys (and Hogan; :P ).

#128 Guest_Stu_*

Guest_Stu_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2006 - 04:41 PM

What so Hogan's not a big name all of a sudden - well he won't be after Orton kills him at SummerSlam. :P On the subject of the newbies in Smackdown, some of them look really impressive - most notable would be Terkay. I mean, he's no Kurt Angle or anything, but he's done well in his first few matches.

#129 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts
  • Location:Think Wizard of Oz, for that's all the information you're getting! :lol:

Posted 06 August 2006 - 05:38 PM

The Legend Killer, on Aug 6 2006, 05:41 PM, said:

What so Hogan's not a big name all of a sudden -.
I was referring to his lackluster match performances.

#130 xcrissxcrossx

xcrissxcrossx

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 02:08 PM

the reason they have low ratings is because their on UPN.

#131 red_medicine

red_medicine

Ranger.

• Code-X Member
  • 3,484 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 08 August 2006 - 02:23 PM

xcrissxcrossx, on Aug 8 2006, 03:08 PM, said:

lol that kinda makes sense....... :mellow:
SD! Might get a tad better with the POSSIBLE reformation of the Hardy boyz. But it is eventually gonna die.

#132 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 02:42 PM

Sev7en, on Aug 8 2006, 03:23 PM, said:

xcrissxcrossx, on Aug 8 2006, 03:08 PM, said:

lol that kinda makes sense....... :mellow:
SD! Might get a tad better with the POSSIBLE reformation of the Hardy boyz. But it is eventually gonna die.
It's not UPN fault, for the "wholesome" WB! is teaming with them to form the CW network.

#133 The Fallen Angel

The Fallen Angel

Bite Size 3 Musketeers

• Code-X Legend
  • 12,878 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 08 August 2006 - 02:44 PM

If SD! brings back the Junior Division for a 3rd time, rating would surely boost :lol:

#134 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 02:46 PM

The Fallen Angel, on Aug 8 2006, 03:44 PM, said:

If SD! brings back the Junior Division for a 3rd time, rating would surely boost :lol:
Yeah, sure. -_- The new talent initiative might do some wonders.