110 replies to this topic

#1 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

Hargy Noob Count: 24

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:23 PM

As you know, I hate Jeff Hardy. Here, you give a reason why he is good, I debate it. Since it happens elsewhere far too often, let's make a topic for it. If you agree with me however, post something like:

"I too hate Jeff Hardy"

Nobody just come and say "He rules!" Or "I love Jeff!" Your posts will then be deleted. Don't flame, and all other rules apply. So, let us begin.

#2 twinkle07

twinkle07

Code-X.ws' Doppelgänger

• Code-X Member
  • 707 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 03:13 AM

I'm with Phoenix on this one.

Although I did once used to like Jeff Hardy, when he first debuted, but as of when he returned from TNA he really sucked.

He hasn't got enough talent to deserve a big push into the title picture.

And, in my opinion at least, hes really let the push go to his head.

He over-eggs his 'extreme' character and takes needlessly stupid risks.

I too hate Jeff Hardy.

Edited by twinkle07, 28 August 2008 - 03:17 AM.

#3 DLT

DLT

Thanks to Simon for the Avatar

• Code-X Legend
  • 5,784 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:11 AM

I don't hate Jeff Hardy, I like him for a simple reason: He entertains me.
Thats all liking or disliking a wrestler really comes down to, people like to use reasons as if they were fact, most commonly "he can't wrestle" for when they dislike wrestlers. Point is, they can, and whether you don't like their wrestling style or just them personally or whatever. Jeff's not the best wrestler but far from the worst, and when he isn't required to cut a promo, he's one of my favorite guys to watch.
What exactly do you hate about him so much phoenix? :P

#4 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:32 AM

"I too hatedon't like Jeff Hardy"

He moves sucks also

I hate Cena.

Edited by Socom, 28 August 2008 - 10:38 AM.

#5 .Truth

.Truth

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 09:08 AM

^LMAO (evans sucks)

but i do like jeff hardy, simply put like an above post, he entertains me and that is all that matters

#6 OzZyLaN

OzZyLaN

Everything turns me on EXCEPT tacos

• Code-X Member
  • 587 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 09:17 AM

jeff ahrdy is ok he has been of his GAME he really sux now just to say it the right way :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#7 D_Money

D_Money

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 09:39 AM

View PostSocom, on Aug 28 2008, 08:32 AM, said:

"I too hate Jeff Hardy"

He moves sucks also

I hate Cena.

Do you ever use the word love?? lol Seems like you hate everything.

I like Jeff Hardy. But I liked him better back then when he was with Matt as the Hardy Boyz....and always was involved in TLC & Ladders matches. He really doesn't feel that extreme anymore tho.

#8 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 10:38 AM

Socom loves something lulz. I love my Wii

I just don't see what so special about Hardy, I remember seeing him 2000 and he was just nothing special. So Socom does not hate Jeff Hardy i don't like Jeff Hardy.

Edited by Socom, 28 August 2008 - 11:37 AM.

#9 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:48 AM

I agree with The Tasty DLT over there ;)

At the end of the day its all about what entertains you, who cares if he doesnt do those over used indy flips or cant mat wrestle? If he entertains you then he entertains you, if not, thats fine. I just dont understand Phnx's reasons for hating him because most of the reasons I dont see in Jeff. I agree his mic skills suck but so did Benoit's and he's a legend in his own right. Mic skills are important but they dont make you great.

#10 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:28 PM

Tornado, your posts were deleted because they were pointless. Now for DLTJB

When did I say I hate him because he doesn't do flips? And since when is being a good wrestler about mat wrestling? You guys find him entertaining, I can't see why at all. His matches aren't entertaining, being always the same things, and sloppy. He can't generate any excitement, other than his dancing. Which I also don't see to be entertaining in the least.

#11 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:47 PM

RAWR

You hate Hardy
Np
I dont hate Hardy and neither do other people, so you open the taps and waste A FULL MOUSE CLICK!!
Np

I enjoy watching Hardy because he isnt what the WWE is full of. STRONG DUDEs. Batista, Cena, Vlad, Khali, HHH, Umaga, Henry and the list goes on....

Very little sit between that list of people and Jobbers
Hardy is one, MVP is another. VERY FEW.

Another thing. Why would I go out of my comfort zone to watch TNA, CZW, Japan, or ROH wrestling???

Dont worry, I have this one saved to notepad, so if you delete i can post again

KTHNXBI

#12 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:51 PM

What the heck is opening the taps?

When did I say anything about watching CZW, Japan, and what not. I'll answer it for you, never. Very few people yeah right. How about John Morrison, Miz, Kennedy, Finlay, Mysterio, HBK, CM Punk, Jericho, the list goes on and on.

If I did delete it, re posting it over and over would only result in a warn.

#13 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:52 PM

lol @ He can't generate any excitement, other than his dancing.

The crowd is always into his matches, always. If thats not considered excitement, I dunno what is.

I brought up the flips because before you made a big deal that the Swanton is just a front flip, as if it is very important that people do atleast two flips or some kind of fancy twist.

#14 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:55 PM

He can't generate it himself is what I mean. Like he has no charisma to do it.

I didn't bring that up here though did I? But, to be billed as some insane extreme high flyer, you would need more than a single front flip.

#15 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:59 PM

View Postphoenixsplash630, on Aug 28 2008, 08:51 PM, said:

What the heck is opening the taps?

Crying/Blurting out opinion even tho no-one really wants to know xD

When did I say anything about watching CZW, Japan, and what not. I'll answer it for you, never. Very few people yeah right. How about John Morrison, Miz, Kennedy, Finlay, Mysterio, HBK, CM Punk, Jericho, the list goes on and on.

Morrison and Miz just lost their titles to two people who should really crawl back under their rock. Finlay, yes, HBK is out of action IIRC. CM Punk ok. Jericho is pushing hard to break into the top and soon he will.

If I did delete it, re posting it over and over would only result in a warn.

WRONG. I believe that I should be allowed to voice my opinions on a matter that is annoying me.
TBH, Warning me wont do a thing. It only indidcates that Ive stepped over the line and next time Ill know where to stop.

I dont want to come across as a total prick man. But you lit a dormante fire :P

#16 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:02 PM

I'm looking for debates. Not whining going "HArdy sux MAHahah"

Titles don't make you a good wrestler. They are still two very good superstars of the WWE.

Yes you can, but the way you did it with the now unseeable posts, was spam. Thus, if re posted equals no no

#17 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:03 PM

View Postphoenixsplash630, on Aug 28 2008, 02:55 PM, said:

He can't generate it himself is what I mean. Like he has no charisma to do it.

I didn't bring that up here though did I? But, to be billed as some insane extreme high flyer, you would need more than a single front flip.
His name just being mention generates excitement, there are more kinds of charisma than just the talking charisma.

Not in WWE as they dont allow alot of those flips etc.

#18 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:05 PM

Charisma isn't just mic skills. Not by far. It's the ability to work over the crowd any way you want and more. Which he can't do. He really just does nothing charisma wise. Yet for some reason he is still cheered.

Than they shouldn't be pushing him as some extreme high flyer now should they.

#19 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:14 PM

^ have you never seen him clap in a match and all the fans go nuts?

Besides, why do 435678 flips when the one he does is like getting slugged from a crossbow?

Hardy is unpredictable and has great ring knowledge (IE, can use everything to his advantage). For example. The time he ran up the steel steps and missed a runnin Swanton on MVP. When was the last time ANYONE did a move from it?? The last I saw it, Kane tried using it to Chokeslam Batista (oddly it failed also) through an announcing table.

#20 undertaker ba

undertaker ba

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Legend
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:16 PM

I am probably the last guy that should be posting in here. Now with that said i am not gonna dispute really about you not liking Hardy or the fact that others like him aswell. I personally do like him but the fact like all others his matches have been more of the same.

I have just started to watch the WWE more as of late, even PPVs. The reason ive stopped is due to Triple H being used in the same ways and vs mainly the same people over and over again. Batista was used in the same manor aswell as Hardy, Orton, Shawn Michaels etc etc. I could have the list go and on. Ever since the draft things looked better for the most part but i wasn't too sure about JR being put on Smackdown. However that change has been good as SD is more enjoyable and new storylines have been started.

My point is at one point a Wrestlers gimmick or wrestling style or what have you will get stale at somepoint weather it be Jeff Hardy, Triple H, or whoever then when that happens we will get bored. Jeff Hardy has been doing the samething over and over again, but as of late he has toned things down slightly. Reasons could vary from getting older to preserving himself so he can last longer in the bussiness to get back on his feet so to speak.

Also about the Swanton being a single front flip. I think it was put that way on purpose really as in his early years when he started doing it he would hit it from the ring post to tables or ladder to tables etc etc. So doing more while it would look coller it would be more risky. Especialy from the top of the Cage or 20 ft ladder onto tables.

Again this is just what i think and if people agree then fine but if not then thats fine too as this is a debate after all, but i know i wouldn't do more then one flip if it was me as there would be more of a chance of something going wrong and for the worse.

About Evans
This was supposed to be about Jeff Hardy. However i will just say this and that is ive seen Jack Evans on WSX and i have to say while alot of the wrestlers ive seen on there don't hit each other at times i am impressed by Jack Evans and others ive seen on there. The flips and moves they do look really cool.

#21 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:34 PM

View Postphoenixsplash630, on Aug 28 2008, 03:05 PM, said:

Than they shouldn't be pushing him as some extreme high flyer now should they?
Why not? Jeff is the the most "extreme" in WWE, he is one of the only ones in WWE willing to jump off a cage etc. WWE TV acts like they are the only wrestling promotion, so comparing other talent really doesnt work as WWE is an entire different "Universe". Out of WWE Wrestlers who is more "extreme" than J.Hardy?

#22 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:37 PM

Wow, I can clap too. Does this make me a great wrestler?

Ring knowledge? No way. Big deal, he ran up the steps one time. The only ring presence he ever uses is for the Whisper in The Wind, but that still isn't too impressive. I've seen tons of people use the stairs quite a lot, but those sheltered to the WWE probably haven't. Because they don't BOOK it in the match. Just because they booked Jeff to do it he is phenomenal? Nope. I know the whole match isn't booked, but spots like that usually are.

He has always been the same over and over through his whole career really. And what I am seeing every week is not something I'd like to watch at all.

You wouldn't do more than one flip, yes. You also shouldn't be billed as the best highflyer in WWE, or as the WWE announcers say, in history.

EDIT: Rikishi's jumped off of a cage. Is he now a highflyer?

How about Matt Sydal, Morrison, Tommy Dreamer, Shelton Benjamin, and more. All more "extreme" than Jeff Hardy.

#23 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 04:00 PM

Ok first of all I really don't want to post here and probably Phoenix is just going to remove it because I'm going to disagree with him "Copy and paste reply to notepad".

Now I do not like Jeff Hardy as in he isn't my favorite wrestler and I'm not going to spaz over him or anything. But hes just an entertainer. The kids like him just because hes unique and different and all that garbage. Now my problem is that you can't really just go around saying how you hate a wrestler just because they don't live up to the expectations you expect of what a highflyer should be. Other wrestler did similar Swantons or a flip, would you call them a highflyer and hate them just because of that then? Doesn't make sense to hate people just because you don't like there maneuver's.

#24 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 04:06 PM

If you saw the posts you'd know why they were deleted.

Did I ever once say I hate Jeff based solely on the fact that he can't do a triple backflip or something. No I did not. It's not just about the moves he does or how he is labled as a highflyer, there are so so many factors involved in me not liking him.

#25 BucFan20

BucFan20

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 04:49 PM

A lot of stuff to talk about...

Jeff Hardy being hyped up as an extreme wrestler...

If the people bought it and it works then it's not a bad thing. I don't know why you seem to think making someone sound credible is a bad thing. If WWE was somehow able to convince people that Khali was one of the best technical wrestlers in the world then they must've done something right. I don't see how Jeff Hardy could not be considered "extreme". Look at all of the stuff he's done off of ladders and high places. Just because he doesn't do that stuff every night doesn't make him less extreme. If he did it all of the time then people would get tired of it and stop caring. You're a Jack Evans fan, you should know what I'm talking about. Some of his moves like the standing phoenix splash are amazing, but after seeing him do it about ten times you get used to it and it's just another move.

Jeff Hardy being a high flyer...

The reason Jeff Hardy doesn't do a lot of crazy high flying moves is because he doesn't have to. If people already buy him as a crazy, extreme, risk taking high flyer because of what he does now then he doesn't need to take more risks doing bigger and crazier stunts. There'd be no point. Now if all of the fans started thinking he wasn't that extreme then he'd have to take it up a level.

Jeff Hardy in the ring...

He's good at selling and comebacks. That's how he gets the crowd so excited during his matches. The crowd already cares about him so he can use that to his advantage. When he gets beat up the crowd chants his name to try and pump him up and then when he finally makes his comeback they goes nuts.

Just because you don't like the guy doesn't mean he's not talented.