• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:55 PM

...how long WWE has been television. I believe I heard there coming up on their 950th episode, yet to me it feels like it's incredibly hard to find anybody who even watches the show. Mostly everybody I know don't watch wrestling, yet its the longest running show on television? WWE Raw is one of the most popular shows ever on television...yet its barely talked about. What's up with that?

#2 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:34 PM

Closet fans...

#3 The Rob

The Rob

The People's Heel

• Code-X Member
  • 3,846 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:08 AM

It's just not as popular as it use to be. People use to openly talk about what would happen in the WWF, sometime around it going into full "Sports Entertainment" mode and becoming WWE it just started going downhill. Nowadays most people are ashamed to admit to being a fan of pro-wrestling in general.

#4 The Icon

The Icon

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 537 posts
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:30 AM

Most people I hang with love it and are die hards like me ..

although I prefer the independent show HIW that runs on my local channel over anything wwe puts on..

OT

I was at work the otherday and served Billy Gunn and Balls Mahoney .. I was wondering what the **** they were doing in saskatchewan prolly a show...

#5 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts
  • Gallery:View
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:31 AM

My friends would always ***** at me that it was gay to watch oiled up men tackle each other to the ground. While at the same time I knew that half of them at the very least had a passing interest in it any way. It's like it just became taboo to talk about it despite lots of people watching it. I've never been ashamed to be a fan but when every time it is discussed you get people just hating on it you soon just learn to drop the subject. Some people like it, some people hate it. Thankfully there is always someone I know who I can talk wrestling with (my brother) so I get it out of my system with him but yeah, I guess it has just become a niche topic amongst friends.

Plus as TheRob said, while the WWE is still relatively popular in pop-culture, in context to where wrestling has been it is far less popular than it was 10 years ago and even 20-30 years ago, so much so that it is getting to the point that wrestling is naturally not such a hot topic to begin with any way.