• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 09:57 AM

I think so,I mean why did they even make the ps3 then?
and for all the people who cant afford a current system well thats just too damn bad.

Time waits for no man,why should tech?

#2 +Virus

+Virus

TASTE THE RAINBOW!

• Code-X Member
  • 2,334 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 05 January 2008 - 10:22 AM

Ps2 shouldn't die.....its still fun with all the classics...and besides, since they turned down the online for it...there will be more codes for customization and all that..

#3 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 10:38 AM

dont get me wrong I love my ps2 and the games I have for it

I jus think they need to stop makin new games for an old system, especially games that are also on ps3 *cough svr 08*.
Its kind of like a big middle finger to anyone who bought a ps3

#4 +Virus

+Virus

TASTE THE RAINBOW!

• Code-X Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 10:42 AM

you got a point there....but the only reason it was out for the ps2 was because barely any people had a ps3...and today the ps2 is still a big hit but it is getting old...and they should stop making games for it...or atleast only release exclusives...

#5 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 10:56 AM

yea I can understand 08 but now we already got people wanting 09 on it,which I find extreamly ridiculous

but yea the exclusives would be a good start in passing the torch to the ps3,cause as long as theres games coming out for both nobodys gonna find the need to get a ps3

#6 The Fallen Angel

The Fallen Angel

Bite Size 3 Musketeers

• Code-X Legend
  • 12,878 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 05 January 2008 - 02:18 PM

View PostJB, on Jan 3 2008, 04:57 AM, said:

I think so,I mean why did they even make the ps3 then?
and for all the people who cant afford a current system well thats just too damn bad.

Time waits for no man,why should tech?

The PS2 still makes a pretty good profit for SONY, since not everyone can afford the PS3, the PS2 is still more popular then the PS3, whats wrong with that???. I plan on getting a PS3 maybe in the Fall, but until then my PS2 will do just fine, if people can't afford the PS3, how do you expect the PS2 to die and the PS3 succeed???

#7 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 02:47 PM

dunno if this answers but here goes

I see it like this: since they continue to allow games to be made for the PS2 there was almost no point in even releasing the PS3
even if PS3 has games that PS2 doesnt people will be inclined to stick with PS2 cause its still around
so to solve this they should offically kill PS2 meaning no new games for it
I think if they can get great exclusives on PS3 even people who cant afford it will want it,and if they price drop to 300 I think thats enough to make them switch

#8 paynexkiller

paynexkiller

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 234 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 02:57 PM

Personally, SVR08 Sucks. I can't afford a PS2, and neither can the rest of the world. I'm glad your rich, but unless you want to buy me one, I suggest you stop saying how the PS2 is useless. lol

#9 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 03:02 PM

haha Iam far from rich and I never said its useless,its just old

anyways you can get a ps3 for like 400 now,that aint bad at all

#10 *RatedRKO

*RatedRKO

Tommy is the bomb

• Banned
  • 892 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 03:05 PM

idk i dont really like modding offline games, whats the fun when u cant showoff your designs and stuff to other people online.

#11 AntiChrist Superstar

AntiChrist Superstar

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,323 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 03:17 PM

the mods wont die,the games wont die all thats gonna happen is just that theres gonna not be anymore games comming out

PS2 cant last forever

so theres gonna be 400+ games for ps2 to mod

wheres the 400+ games for ps3 and the 360 or the WII??

if developers keep making games for PS3 and 360 and PS2.

the PS3 or the 360 arnt gonna be showing off it's potential because it's using what ps2 only has to offer.

#12 King¦Mickey

King¦Mickey

i dunno lol

• Code-X Member
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 03:55 PM

View PostJB, on Jan 5 2008, 02:47 PM, said:

dunno if this answers but here goes

I see it like this: since they continue to allow games to be made for the PS2 there was almost no point in even releasing the PS3

Your logic is flawed my friend. Sure, there are a few PS3 games that are on PS2 as well, but most of them have worse graphics, or a missing a ton of features. No point in releasing it? Hmm, lets see, to make money, to enter in the console wars, to upgrade technology, etc etc.

The old PS2 games are still better than most of the games on PS3 anyway.

#13 ~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

Code X's Princess

• Code-X Member
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 04:10 PM

Just because the Playstation 3 is avaliable doesn't mean that the Playstation 2 should just vanish away. The Playstation games were still on sale when the Playstation 2 was in stores. So why not Playstation 2? It was a great console it does deserve to stay long just like the Playstation 1.

#14 Atheist

Atheist

Grim and Frostbitten!

• Code-X Member
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 04:12 PM

PS2 should die, imo. Not right away, because of how ridiculous the PS3's price is, but the PS2 itself will fade away because that's what happens.

#15 DTM

DTM

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Legend
  • 7,556 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:14 PM

The PS3 is $399 i think we can stop saying it is to much already the 360 was the same price and no one was mad then. PS2 should have died already it limits next current-gen systems with multi-platform games like SvR08 which had a limited roster. It has more then enough games already on it all it is getting now are movie based games and multi-platform ones so i don't even see the point of it staying around.

Sony needs to move it's focus on their current systems rather then their past ones over 7 years is enough for it.

#16 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:16 PM

eh its not right away the ps3 been out over a year,I think thats plenty of time to atleast stop adding games.
Im fine if they still sell ps2 and games,just quit adding new ones cause it does kind of stop people from buying ps3 (I personally know people like that)
how does Sony expect to beat the Wii or 360 this time if they cant ditch the old system? will they just always have 2 consoles out? is Sony competing with itself?

and Mickey thats what I meant by almost : )

anyway Im really tired so I'll bbl

#17 King¦Mickey

King¦Mickey

i dunno lol

• Code-X Member
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:22 PM

Honestly, Sony OWES PS2 owners a few games considering all the ridiculous shit they pulled when it first came out. Yes, the price has dropped, but by then I'm sure most people bought a Wii or 360.

#18 PrettyBoyAJ

PrettyBoyAJ

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Member
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:24 PM

View Post~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~, on Jan 5 2008, 05:10 PM, said:

Just because the Playstation 3 is avaliable doesn't mean that the Playstation 2 should just vanish away. The Playstation games were still on sale when the Playstation 2 was in stores. So why not Playstation 2? It was a great console it does deserve to stay long just like the Playstation 1.

Thats right. I can see a good 2 more years of PS2 games until the games start dying down.

#19 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:25 PM

As long as Gaming Companies are making money of the PS2 it won't die.

#20 TheRealRKO

TheRealRKO

Code-X Rising Star

• Banned
  • 319 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:38 PM

Im a die hard of the ps2 aswell but what i dont understand is i walked into walmart today and for some reason i glanced at the price for a ps2 and its still 150.00???? how is that even possible or allowable? if i didnt have a ps2 and wanted one i would not be paying that price for a old system in 2008.and whats worse is a seen a new xbox(the old one) only cost 70 bucks

#21 «WrÃthchild»

«WrÃthchild»

Code-X's Harvester of Sorrow

• Code-X Member
  • 780 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:55 PM

The xbox is cheaper then the ps2 because the old xbox is officially dead. The ps2 is so expensive because it still has alot of good games for it ie: rock band, GH 1-3, GH encore(ps2 exclusive) Svr08, etc...

#22 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 06:53 PM

Why kill the PS2? The PS2 is the most affordable system you can get with extradorniary games. (Idc about my spelling deal with it)

Some people like myself dont want to spend over $400 or fork over a huge amount of money for games just because it has "Better Graphics". PS2 games may not be fancy looking but its a game, its fun games and the games are Dirt cheap now. Stores are pratically giving games away for the PS2 because its so cheap. Im not talking about recent games im talking about old games like for $5 a game.

#23 Rabbit

Rabbit

Dream like you live forever, Live like you die tomorrow!

• Code-X Member
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 07:27 PM

you guys do realize that the 360 is only a year or two older then ps2 right?

#24 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 07:33 PM

and it would be even more affordable if they quit releasing new games......also ps3 is more than nice graphics

all Im sayin is its kinda ludacris that they have two systems out that are receiving alot of the same games,which would probly be better just on ps3

but to me it looks like nobody wants to let go of a great thing, even if its for the best

@ Rabbit
um more like 5 younger

Edited by JB, 05 January 2008 - 07:38 PM.

#25 Rabbit

Rabbit

Dream like you live forever, Live like you die tomorrow!

• Code-X Member
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 07:39 PM

lmao the 360 isnt 5 years older then ps2