Bite Size 3 Musketeers

• Code-X Legend
  • 12,878 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:41 PM

View PostTheRob, on Jan 6 2008, 08:05 AM, said:

The Playstation 2 definitely wasn't a well built system. People like to ***** about the XBox 360 like Sony has never done anything wrong, but these same people over look the rampant PS2 failure rates toward the beginning of it's life and even after that they were still a bit iffy. Tons of people had their PS2 stop reading the old blue disc games, some had them stop reading DVD roms, some had them stop working altogether, etc. Don't get me wrong, I loved my Playstations but neither the Playstation or Playstation 2 were really built all that well. I went through like three PSones and two PS2s. Sony is definitely just as guilty as people claim Microsoft is when it comes to shoddy workmanship. Nintendo is the only company with truly reliable products, I've never really had a problem with their consoles/hardware. They probably spend more time testing their products and such instead of rushing them to market.

Anyway, the reason why the Playstation 2 is still going is because it's still making money and their PS3 sales are still very low in comparison. They need to keep the PS2 alive to keep the cash flow steady. Also, people are still making games for it because they've gotten use to how to develop games for the system. Sony is notorious for creating consoles that are hard to develop for, another reason why the PS3 is having problems and it is also why many multiplatform games aren't on par with their 360 counter parts.

Personally, $400 is still too much for the PS3. There is next to nothing on it that I'm interested in, nothing that's exclusive anyway. Most of the games I can get on the 360 as well, and a lot of them are better on the 360 for the time being. So why should I waste the money on a PS3? The only thing that I can think of that I truly envy PS3 owners for is that they're getting Little Big Planet. Maybe God of War 3 as well. But aside from that a hand full of games does not make the console worth buying and I already have a DVD player in my PS2, XBox 360, and an actual DVD players. So that's another thing that it does that I don't care about, and I couldn't careless about blu-ray. Most developers aren't even taking full advantage of blu-ray format and most of the space used is just because they don't compress files like you would normally in previous games on DVD-rom format. The 360 had games that made me want to get it, the PS3 does not. That is why I haven't bothered with it.

I went through 3 PS2's and about 5 controllers. No wonder I'm worried about getting a big ticket item like the PS3.

#77 twinkle07

twinkle07

Code-X.ws' Doppelgänger

• Code-X Member
  • 707 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:30 AM

PS2 should not "die" - it's an institution of great gaming.

#78 Mickie's #1 Fan

Mickie's #1 Fan

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 124 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:45 AM

most of you kids don't know what good prices are......once you're paying that much or more in rent you'll realize that $400.00 isn't that great of a deal or really all that worth paying.....now if you have mom and dad to fall back on then why should you worry....

I've never had a problem with my PS2 except for it not wanting to read my codebreaker or DVD's....after it fell off of my dresser.....

quit coming off with it's well worth it's price....try living on an extremely tight budget and then say that $400.00 is worth it when buying a PS3

#79 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 08:41 AM

there is good things on ps3 now, like buying old ps1 games through the psnetwork/playing those on psp
wifi/internet browser
the ability to go into your ps3 with psp while your away
and then there is that whole cancer(I think its cancer) research thing
worst thing about ps3 right now I would say is the small crappy librairy
overall I think itsa good investment if you can afford it

about ps2
I still have the one I originally bought, works fine exept cant read the blue disc
my friend had like 3 die tho lol

#80 AntiChrist Superstar

AntiChrist Superstar

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,323 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 08:44 AM

we(well i) pay rent,bills,and more and still bought a 360

#81 undertaker ba

undertaker ba

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Legend
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 09:39 AM

When purchasing anything that costs a few hundred $ there are several factors everyone considers when doing so.

Personal Taste, budget, pro.s and Cons.

My main reason as to why i never really bought a PS2 myself is due to money issues. Even when i had money to blow never bothered buying one as i was able to use one already at the time. Infact as of now i am using my Wifes PS2.

The fact is not everyone can afford certain things and not everyone will like the same console or what have you.These console wars have been going on for probably even before Sega and Nintendo. Personally the one main constant console manufactureer is Nintendo as they have been around longer then Sony and Microsoft in terms of making console game systems. Atleast to my knowledge they have.

#82 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:36 AM

just a side note: undertaker ba sounds like you gotta pretty cool wife, I wish some of my ex's played games lol

#83 DaAfroMan

DaAfroMan

Is can not be configures!

• Code-X Legend
  • 3,415 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod
  • Gallery:View
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 10 January 2008 - 03:00 AM

No, the PS2 Should NOT die and even saying it should is a outlandish claim. I say this for 5, yes 5 reasons:

• The PS3 costs LITERALLY 3 times as much as the PS2, When you work part-time for minimal wage like myself, $400 smackers is nearly a months pay, A game system easily isn't worth losing my house or not being able to talk on the phone for a month.
  • The PS3 is not entirely backwards compatible. This alone is reason enough for me not to buy a PS3 at the moment
  • Form Factor, The PS3 Is friggin' Huge while the PS2slim is equal to 2 of it's Game Covers stack on top of each other, literally, try it once. I have very little room for a clunky system without blocking view of my TV as it is.
  • Game selection. The PS3 has very few exclusive games ATM. None of which actually interest me or many other people. That and the games costs a bit more.
  • Rumble. Yes, I said it. The Idiots at Sony decided to remove the rumble packs in order to make room for wireless communications. The Wii has a much smaller controller and STILL includes rumble despite adding a port to the bottom of the control for attachment units such as the nunchuck, motion sensory devices, a speaker, and four infrared LED's as WELL as the wireless capabilities. Not to mention the Xbox 360 Kept all the features of the old XBox (Including rumble) and added wireless capabilities and several buttons without so much as altering the shape of the controller.

#84 The Rob

The Rob

The People's Heel

• Code-X Member
  • 3,846 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 10 January 2008 - 03:26 AM

View PostDaAfroMan, on Jan 10 2008, 04:00 AM, said:

Rumble. Yes, I said it. The Idiots at Sony decided to remove the rumble packs in order to make room for wireless communications. The Wii has a much smaller controller and STILL includes rumble despite adding a port to the bottom of the control for attachment units such as the nunchuck, motion sensory devices, a speaker, and four infrared LED's as WELL as the wireless capabilities. Not to mention the Xbox 360 Kept all the features of the old XBox (Including rumble) and added wireless capabilities and several buttons without so much as altering the shape of the controller.
Actually, they originally removed the rumble feature because they said they couldn't have the Six Axis motion sensing technology and rumble in the controller at the same time. Of course this was just a lie because now they're making new PS3 controllers with the rumble stuffed back in them. But that's the way it should have been from the start, now people will have to buy new controllers if they want rumble back.

Edited by TheRob, 10 January 2008 - 03:29 AM.

#85 The Oddjob

The Oddjob

Code x's local oddball

• Code-X Member
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 05:18 AM

no i dont want it to die, i like the ps2, sure the graphics are rubbish, but i dont care, there are still alot of good games out for the ps2

#86 PrettyBoyAJ

PrettyBoyAJ

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Member
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:36 AM

What is Rumble?

#87 Andrew52286

Andrew52286

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Legend
  • 5,674 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:47 AM

View PostiWish, on Jan 10 2008, 07:36 AM, said:

What is Rumble?

The vibration inside the controller that u receive when playing most PS2 games.

#88 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:08 AM

My Wii and 360 stop me from buying a PS3 not the PS2. PS3 just isn't "all that" and as much as I want it ... it's price is still too high for me because of it's "blu ray" player which I could care less for. I don't plan to spend $30 per DVD and start a blu ray collection when DVD is just fine. Nothing the PS3 has to offer will make me want to get in debt sooner. Most games on that system are already on 360 and that console offers better features for my games.

#89 PrettyBoyAJ

PrettyBoyAJ

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Member
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 07:12 PM

What the junk lol. I never noticed that was gone!!

#90 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 07:35 PM

View PostiWish, on Jan 10 2008, 07:12 PM, said:

What the junk lol. I never noticed that was gone!!

lol @ what the junk, Im gonna steal that

but yea I usually dont even notice rumble, so without it, to me isnt a big deal

#91 +Virus

+Virus

TASTE THE RAINBOW!

• Code-X Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:29 PM

i really dont care about the Rumble...as when I had a ps2 i opened up ym controllers and took that out to make it lighter....