King¦Mickey

i dunno lol

• Code-X Member
  • 2,457 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:53 PM

It can play games.

Like it was meant to do.

Don't get me wrong, Blu-ray kicks ass, too bad everything else about the PS3 pretty much fails. Hey, if all that matters to you in a game is looking pretty, then by all means PS3 is your console.

#27 Syc

Syc

Social Syc is Successful

• Code-X Member
  • 3,190 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Legend
  • Gallery:View
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:54 PM

I care because? OMG GRAPHICS ARE .2 TIMES BETTER, 360 FAILS

#28 TyE

TyE

**** KG...BAN ME LOL

• Banned
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:54 PM

no but seriously i am just messing with u guys i would buy an xbox 360 if i had the money they're pretty good

#29 Syc

Syc

Social Syc is Successful

• Code-X Member
  • 3,190 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:56 PM

Figured as much.

#30 TyE

TyE

**** KG...BAN ME LOL

• Banned
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:57 PM

i still love my ps3 don't get me wrong but if i like won the lottery or somethin like got 1000 bucks i would prolly buy a 360

#31 Atheist

Atheist

Grim and Frostbitten!

• Code-X Member
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 10:20 PM

HURR I LIKE TO SPEND A LOT MORE MONEY FOR SOMETHING THAT PLAYS GAMES THAT DON'T EVEN RUN AT FULL POTENTIAL AND PLAYS MOVIES THAT COST WAY TOO MUCH FOR ONLY MODERATELY BETTER VISUAL AND AUDIO LOOOLLLLLL.

Not to turn this into a ps3 hate-thread, but really that's all the ps3 fanboy/xbox 360 fanboys sound like. Play your shit, enjoy it, and let the next man like and dislike what he pleases.

And lol@losing FF to microsoft.

#32 hulkrulz84

hulkrulz84

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 412 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 12:31 AM

I agree with Fallen Angel plus us with the PS3s don't get THE RING OF DEATH & don't have 2 wait a month 2 get ur 360 back! :P

#33 Atheist

Atheist

Grim and Frostbitten!

• Code-X Member
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:22 AM

Had a 360 for 3-4 months now, no problems. Even if it only sees us another three months, that's six months of much greater entertainment (IMO) for $350, or $60/month. And I guarantee that it will last another NINE without redringing.

#34 O-Yama³

O-Yama³

I'm Gay

• Banned
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:47 AM

This bashing of consoles is really getting old (although I stick to my claim that Wii sucks) and most of the members here obviously own a 360 and most probably never owned a PS3, so what if PS3 hardly has any exclusives or is loosing its exclusives, to be honest I'd much rather stick with the safe option and in the long run the cheapest option which is the PS3, you go on about XBL and how you don't care that you have to pay for it, your taken for mugs in my opinion. Whatever your console just shut up and stop complaining about the other, they all have their pro's and con's and it seems the PS3 gets more stick around here than any other console which makes me believe CDX is turning into a 360/Wii fan base. :sick:

#35 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:28 AM

I just have one last thing to say.
How stupid of Micro$oft to make a console actually say its killed itself with the three red rings. I love that ^___^

#36 abys

abys

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 837 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:34 AM

I am still not moving to the next gen consoles yet. The ps2 still gets plenty of support,

#37 Syc

Syc

Social Syc is Successful

• Code-X Member
  • 3,190 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 12:53 PM

View PostMetallic Taste, on Jul 16 2008, 07:47 AM, said:

This bashing of consoles is really getting old (although I stick to my claim that Wii sucks) and most of the members here obviously own a 360 and most probably never owned a PS3, so what if PS3 hardly has any exclusives or is loosing its exclusives, to be honest I'd much rather stick with the safe option and in the long run the cheapest option which is the PS3, you go on about XBL and how you don't care that you have to pay for it, your taken for mugs in my opinion. Whatever your console just shut up and stop complaining about the other, they all have their pro's and con's and it seems the PS3 gets more stick around here than any other console which makes me believe CDX is turning into a 360/Wii fan base. :sick:

You see, we only defend our consoles, because other console fanboys attack ours. Hell, I'm not a fanboy for any console, I would defend each of them rightfully, but since PS3 and 360 were the main contenders in this argument, and I currently like the 360 more, it only makes sense to defend it.

If the PS3 had multiple things new and interesting for me, that isn't already on the 360, then I would definitely go snap it up real quick, hell, MGS4 came out and if KH3 comes out I'll get my PS3. But then I would feel I've wasted my money on a console and two games that I like, and it's like, what now? 360 has me playing lots of new games all the time, and sure, it may come out on the PS3 too, but I have a 360, and wouldn't want the same game for each console.

#38 TyE

TyE

**** KG...BAN ME LOL

• Banned
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:18 PM

I am still not moving to the next gen consoles yet. The ps2 still gets plenty of support,

MOVE ON PS2 = DEAD

#39 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

Hargy Noob Count: 24

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:19 PM

Always have to say this, lat. But, some people may not have the money to buy one. Or may not want to spend the money on one.

#40 TyE

TyE

**** KG...BAN ME LOL

• Banned
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:21 PM

true but eventually ur gonna have to like ur not gonna have a super nintendo when there is the shit now days cause its dead u kno what i mean

#41 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

Hargy Noob Count: 24

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:22 PM

I still play my Super Nintendo actually, lat. But eventually yes. not now, since they still make lots of games for the PS2.

Edited by phoenixsplash630, 16 July 2008 - 02:22 PM.

#42 TyE

TyE

**** KG...BAN ME LOL

• Banned
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:24 PM

well i got mine in my closet and i like mario borthers 2 for it but i like my ps3 games better like gta

#43 King¦Mickey

King¦Mickey

i dunno lol

• Code-X Member
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:38 PM

View PostTyE, on Jul 16 2008, 03:21 PM, said:

true but eventually ur gonna have to like ur not gonna have a super nintendo when there is the shit now days cause its dead u kno what i mean

Super Nintendo reigns supreme over all. Still play mine.

#44 TyE

TyE

**** KG...BAN ME LOL

• Banned
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:41 PM

i think mines broke u always got to take the games out and blow off the dust every 2 seconds and blow inside the console to

#45 King¦Mickey

King¦Mickey

i dunno lol

• Code-X Member
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:49 PM

View PostTyE, on Jul 16 2008, 03:41 PM, said:

i think mines broke u always got to take the games out and blow off the dust every 2 seconds and blow inside the console to

Yeah, sometimes, my NES needs that like crazy, I think it doesn't even work anymore. Swear to God I'm surprised I haven't passed out from that yet.

#46 TyE

TyE

**** KG...BAN ME LOL

• Banned
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:05 PM

Swear to God I'm surprised I haven't passed out from that yet.

lol haha i kno

#47 AntiChrist Superstar

AntiChrist Superstar

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,323 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:30 PM

PS2 is getting old especially now that people are getting the newer systems

Exclusives lost to the 360

1.GTA IV(along with exclusive DLC)
2.Assassin's Creed
3.Devil May Cry 4
4.Virtua Fighter 5
5.Beautiful Katamari(LOL)
6.Final Fantasy XIII
7.Fatal Inertia
8.Star Ocean 4(???,Compleatly Stolen??)
9.GripShift
10.Black 2(???)

The PS3 stole some 360 games but not WOW!!! types of games except for Bioshock but i even like that one.

Saints Row 1 kinda sucks..not many cars.

#48 The Rob

The Rob

The People's Heel

• Code-X Member
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:30 AM

Black 2? Since when was that an exclusive? The original wasn't even exclusive to Sony it was released on the XBox as well. Anyway, I wouldn't consider Black 2 a "WOW!!!" game, it was just your average, albeit great looking (for the time), shooter. They'd have to really improve the game to convince me into purchase the sequel.

Anyway, you can add MGS4 to that list too. It'll happen eventually. Just wait. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots *insert "Sub" something word here* :P

Edited by TheRob, 17 July 2008 - 07:31 AM.

#49 Andrew52286

Andrew52286

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Legend
  • 5,674 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:38 AM

View PostTheRob, on Jul 17 2008, 09:30 AM, said:

Black 2? Since when was that an exclusive? The original wasn't even exclusive to Sony it was released on the XBox as well. Anyway, I wouldn't consider Black 2 a "WOW!!!" game, it was just your average, albeit great looking (for the time), shooter. They'd have to really improve the game to convince me into purchase the sequel.

Anyway, you can add MGS4 to that list too. It'll happen eventually. Just wait. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots *insert "Sub" something word here* :P

I beg to differ with you there. MGS4 will never be on the 360. I say that because of this article.

CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment America Jack Tretton has proclaimed that Konami’s Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is “only possible” on the PlayStation 3.

Speaking at the company’s press conference at E3 this week, Tretton noted that the critically acclaimed stealth action title would not be possible on any other console, partly down to the capabilities of Blu-ray.

“PS3 offers an experience for both gamers and developers no other console can match,” said Tretton.

“Metal Gear Solid is not only exclusive on PS3 – it’s only possible on PS3, thanks in part to Blu-Ray.“

"PS3 drove the Blu-Ray format to victory and now the Blu-Ray format is poised to return the favour,” he added.

Source

#50 The Rob

The Rob

The People's Heel

• Code-X Member
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:16 AM

View PostRatedRKO*, on Jul 17 2008, 09:38 AM, said:

I beg to differ with you there. MGS4 will never be on the 360. I say that because of this article.

CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment America Jack Tretton has proclaimed that Konami’s Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is “only possible” on the PlayStation 3.

Speaking at the company’s press conference at E3 this week, Tretton noted that the critically acclaimed stealth action title would not be possible on any other console, partly down to the capabilities of Blu-ray.

“PS3 offers an experience for both gamers and developers no other console can match,” said Tretton.

“Metal Gear Solid is not only exclusive on PS3 – it’s only possible on PS3, thanks in part to Blu-Ray.“

"PS3 drove the Blu-Ray format to victory and now the Blu-Ray format is poised to return the favour,” he added.

Source
Uh huh, and I'm supposed to take that seriously? It's the CEO of Sony for crying out load, of course he's going to try and downplay the 360. The only reason MGS4 takes up as much space as it does is because much of the information on the disk is not compressed, if you compressed all of it there is a chance they could fit it all on a single disc for the 360 still, and if not, oh well, a little disc swapping wouldn't hurt anyone. People have been doing it for years.

Not possible on the 360 my ass. That's just a load of nonsense. It looks good, but definitely not outside of the 360's limits.

Edited by TheRob, 17 July 2008 - 08:17 AM.