#26 red_medicine

red_medicine

Ranger.

• Code-X Member
  • 3,484 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:32 PM

Its actually very cheap for online play on the 360. SURE the Triple is free but look @ the online gaming quality.............exactly. I dont like bashing and im not a fan boy but the Triple's online doesnt rly compare to the 360's. its $8 for 1 month which is a good deal imo. Of course its not free but id pay $8 for better quality.

#27 Roddy.

Roddy.

Aka Rod or Roddy.

• Code-X Member
  • 1,937 posts
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:48 PM

So when I buy a 360 I got a choice of how many months I want to use Live? Like I just go buy a 360 then they ask me how long do I want Internet? Then I can chose the whole year and pay an additional 50 bucks?

#28 SadPANDA.

SadPANDA.

Code-X Superstar

• Banned
  • 585 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:57 PM

360. Make sure you get a 175w 360, as it has more chance of having a Falcon chip in it. And having a Falcon chip in the Xbox reduces chances of havin' RRoD.

#29 Soon2BeLegend

Soon2BeLegend

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:27 PM

W.C. © said:

So when I buy a 360 I got a choice of how many months I want to use Live? Like I just go buy a 360 then they ask me how long do I want Internet? Then I can chose the whole year and pay an additional 50 bucks?
you just go to a store and buy a gold membership for a month, 3 months, or 12 months. then you take it home and you enter the code when you set up xbox live. or you can use a credit card and buy it straight from your xbox 360 system

#30 Roddy.

Roddy.

Aka Rod or Roddy.

• Code-X Member
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:48 PM

Yeah ok but the thing that is holding me back is the RED RONGS OF DEATH. Thats the only thing holding me back and leading me to the PS3

#31 .ęνo.

.ęνo.

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Legend
  • 5,724 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod
  • Gallery:View

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:51 PM

[quote name='O-Yama³' post='9605380' date='Dec 28 2008, 08:43 PM'][quote name='HARGY' post='9605228' date='Dec 27 2008, 09:05 PM']i think you will be academically challenged on how to use a PS3[/quote]
How so? are you suggesting that everyone with a 360 or considering buying one is a dumbass? lol. The PS3 is not hard to use at all, you stick a disc in and play it, not hard at all, infact I do believe its the same method used on the 360, well I guess if you've only ever owned a 360 it'll take no more than a couple of minutes to adjust.
[/quote]
Lol, I think what hargy meant was he wouldn't be able to figure out how to use some of it's features properly.

^_^)-->
QUOTE (^_^ @ Dec 29 2008, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
360- godly system. FYI, they made a mod chip that decreases the chances of RRoD. although you have to pay for internet, there is no lag at all. with the ps2, all i did was lag. 360 has way better games.

every system has their problems. 360 gots the RRoD, ps2 has the disc read errors. not sure about the ps3 :/.

here in america, online is 7.99 for a month, 19.99 for 3 months, and 49.99 for a year[/quote]
PS3 not PS2, comparing a 360 against a PS2 is ridiculous.

#32 Soon2BeLegend

Soon2BeLegend

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 10:01 PM

im not comparing it to the ps2. im just saying the ps2 has that problem. i was giving examples of problems some systems have

#33 .Truth

.Truth

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 10:03 PM

I like the 360 a ton. Get it!

#34 Roddy.

Roddy.

Aka Rod or Roddy.

• Code-X Member
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 10:08 PM

RRoD!

#35 .Truth

.Truth

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 10:15 PM

That doesn't happen on the new ones....

#36 Roddy.

Roddy.

Aka Rod or Roddy.

• Code-X Member
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 10:16 PM

How do you know it's the new ones?

#37 Soon2BeLegend

Soon2BeLegend

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 10:17 PM

the new 360's dont get RRoD cuz of a chip microsoft put in it. ive got a 360 and its the best system ive ever owned.

#38 Roddy.

Roddy.

Aka Rod or Roddy.

• Code-X Member
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 10:21 PM

Ok i'ma buy one by next year. One question though...when i go to the stores how do i know that it's the new one?

#39 Soon2BeLegend

Soon2BeLegend

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 10:27 PM

if its a new system, not a used one. new ones are 199.99 for arcade, 259.99 for 20 GB, and 299.99 for 60 GB. any other price wouldnt be a brand new one

#40 Roddy.

Roddy.

Aka Rod or Roddy.

• Code-X Member
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 10:28 PM

Wich one do you have?

#41 Soon2BeLegend

Soon2BeLegend

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 10:38 PM

i have the 60 GB one which is 299.99

#42 Roddy.

Roddy.

Aka Rod or Roddy.

• Code-X Member
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 10:57 PM

I'ma get the 20 GB. HARGY you and CHIKARA are done after I beat the hell out of you at SvR 09! So one and LAST question by me. Who the hell whants to be my tag partner so we can beat them n00bZ?

#43 Soon2BeLegend

Soon2BeLegend

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:00 PM

ill need a partner if i get svr 09. ive already used up almost 20 GBs already and i only have 3 games.

#44 Roddy.

Roddy.

Aka Rod or Roddy.

• Code-X Member
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:04 PM

Then I'll get the 60 GB one! If any of you peoplz that got a ps triple post a pic of the onlne gameplay and someone that has a 360 post a pic of online gameplay. If you can its not neccary but i want to compare it.

#45 The Rob

The Rob

The People's Heel

• Code-X Member
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:38 AM

^_^)-->
QUOTE (^_^ @ Dec 28 2008, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
here in america, online is 7.99 for a month, 19.99 for 3 months, and 49.99 for a year[/quote]
[size=3]When you pay for the full year, you're only paying a little over $4 a month. So it's really illogical for anyone to go for cheaper subscriptions since in the long run it'd cost far more. For one month it's $7.99, obviously, and for three months it's only about a dollar less than that a month. So if you were to renew your subscription every month for $7.99 for a year, you'd be paying $95.88. If you were to renew your subscription every three months for $19.99 for a year, you'd be paying $79.96. So, yeah, you save a lot more money going with the full year. I honestly don't even know why these other choices exist, but then again they do the same with magazine subscriptions.

Personally, I prefer the 360, it just has more of what I want at the moment, and many, if not most, of the multi-platform titles run better on the 360, though it will most likely balance out a little more over time as developers learn the ins and outs of the PS3 hardware. I also like the 360 controller the best as well, it's the most comfortable to me and I prefer whole layout of the controller overall. But the piss poor D-Pad really hurts it, luckily I don't have many games that rely heavily on it. If you have an HDTV or plan on getting one eventually, most of the 360's library of games are compatible with 1080p, where as only a few of PS3 titles support more than 720p. As time goes on they might improve that as well since I believe all it really takes are some patches, but this is only if you really care about having the absolute best picture possible at this time.

The early 360s were poorly made for the most part, they cut corners to save money and maximize profit. Of course, that probably hurt them more in the long run, but at least they're making the consoles more reliable now. Some people, such as myself, have been lucky enough to get an original 360 that hasn't crapped out on them, so some people just get lucky. The newer ones were built to avoid overheating and also run quieter than previous models, though my 360 has never been loud enough to draw me out of a good gaming experience and it practically sits right next to me on a table when I'm using it.

The PS3 is a good console, but personally I still don't think it's worth owning. They are only a small amount of games on it that I am interested in and by the time I actually feel it's worth owning they'll be cheap, so it works out better for me in the long run anyway. If Yakuza 3 is brought to the US, I will probably cave immediately and get a PS3 since I love the Yakuza series. But I'm not sure about that one since the first two, while huge games in Japan, were over looked here in the US. I'll just cross my fingers for that.

XBox 360 is a investment for here and now, and the PS3 is an investment better left for the future.[/size]

#46 O-Yama³

O-Yama³

I'm Gay

• Banned
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 06:33 AM

View PostW.C. ©, on Dec 29 2008, 04:08 AM, said:

RRoD!

View PostV Truth, on Dec 29 2008, 04:15 AM, said:

That doesn't happen on the new ones....
V Truth don't go confusing or putting something into W.C. © head thats not true, RROD will still happen despite the new chip or w/e, its just cases of RROD will be reduced, its not to say that your gonna buy a 360 and its not gonna get RROD because you might.

View PostThe Rob, on Dec 29 2008, 06:38 AM, said:

where as only a few of PS3 titles support more than 720p.
Huh never knew that, maybe its just the games I have then that are more than 720p, shame though seeing that PS3 is blu-ray they are missing an opportunity here.

View PostThe Rob, on Dec 29 2008, 06:38 AM, said:

XBox 360 is a investment for here and now, and the PS3 is an investment better left for the future.
True cant arugue with that at all, except the PS3 is more of an investment seeing as its built for the future in mind and you know your technology The Rob right? so you'd know technology evolves very quickly and imo the 360 will be outdated by 2010, the PS3 will be cheap by then and that is when imo the PS3 takes off, 2009 is gonna be great for the PS3 but 2010 will see the PS3 dominate any competition.

#47 red_medicine

red_medicine

Ranger.

• Code-X Member
  • 3,484 posts
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:04 AM

u should REALLY get the 60GB trust me i ate through 20GB. In the long run the 60GB is worth it.

#48 Cowboy King

Cowboy King

Ashley's Anchor

• Code-X Member
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:19 AM

i would say 360 due to the current price difference but rrod is a risk

also i would wait until the summer to get a ps3 as i heard there will be a price drop

#49 The Icon

The Icon

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 537 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:23 AM

The 20 gig was discontinued doesnt anyone check the xbox page its:
Arcade : 0 Gigs
Pro: 60 Gigs This is My Personal Favorite
Elite: 120 Gigs

#50 Roddy.

Roddy.

Aka Rod or Roddy.

• Code-X Member
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:38 AM

Yeah the ps3 looks great in stores on huge tv's but its just so expensive. And the 360 is so cheap and luckily I got a HDTV 52 inch with surrond system so when play SvR 09 and beat hargy at his own game! Thanks guys for the opinions and deffremce between the consoles, even though the psp sucked I bought so when I go to school I can play in the classroom.