At what point did life just take a horrible turn?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 DTM

DTM

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Legend
  • 7,556 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:00 AM

Just looking back at myself here years ago I was a optimistic helpful guy who just was easy going with no cares. Now I feel like a bitter old man being annoyed by the slightest things and can't even bring myself to stick with a project when before I was able to come up with ideas and plans all while making 20 sigs a day. I definitely miss the work ethic I had years back and overall just feeling like I was a part of something. Funniest part is back then I would listen to MCR and Linkin Park(Still listen to but for purely different reasons) pretending to be emo and all that. :P

Ya know what sucks about everything even more? Not one person will try and lighten up your mood about the future and instead they say things get worse. -_- Thank you good to know I have a lot to look forward to. People just overall as you get older end up trying to kill all motivation and optimism you have which is why everything gets worse since you stop trying.

All in all I guess what I should say is **** those people and don't lose your motivation.

#2 Blizzard

Blizzard

Ariana is my queen ♡

• Code-X Member
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 04:39 AM

I think my life turned around as soon as I found out my dad died back in 2005. I was 12 then. I was sleeping & I woke up because I heard my sister crying. I said "What's wrong?" She' said "Dad's gone." I assumed she meant her father because she's from my mum's 1st marriage. I said "Your dad?" She said "No. Yours." I just broke down & cried. 1 year later in 2006 my mum gets a phone call saying her son died. He's also from her 1st marriage. Even though he's not my real brother, I still call him that. Same with my sister. He committed suicide aged 32. In April 2008 my mum's mum died aged 79. Since then I've had a lot of trouble but I can't go into it though. It's very personal. It's hard but I've moved on but they'll always be apart of my life.

Edited by Blizzard, 09 November 2010 - 04:40 AM.

#3 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:45 AM

First off, if this is too long for you to read, don't bother telling us, it's stupid and pointless... anyways...

I often find myself wondering the same thing. I think I've figured it out though. First off being my mom getting ill and slowly losing her ability to walk and do normal daily activities, it’s been really hard to deal with it because all of my life she was always so active and physical that seeing her lose that just really depressed me. Of course due to this I felt the need to help out as much as I can and the stress of keeping the family together and you know, playing a much bigger role in my family than I was used to etc. at first really got to me, to the point of me completely withdrawing from all of my friends and pretty much losing my mind for a good chunk of last year. Add the big break up I had with my ex-gf, my tendency to procrastinate and my insomnia, and well, yea, that doesn’t help anything. Things this year though have slowly been getting better for me. Early in the year I started seeing friends more and have gotten better at not procrastinating, but I dunno, things just haven’t been the same. I’ve tired countless times to get a real job and nothing has worked out for me. I lack the motivation to keep trying even though I have all of the things that should motivate me, like, I should be motivated to make my life better right? I mean don’t get me wrong, I do get motivated, but it only lasts for like a week or two and then when things don’t pane out, I lose it all. I want to move forward, but from failing so many times I’ve kind of accepted where I am I guess and sometimes don’t even see the point in trying anymore.

… But I must say, I feel like all of this has actually brought me closer to my true self. I’ve taken up the hobby of writing (plain writing and poetry) to help express myself and my emotions etc. and it really helps get things out that I before would have just bottled up inside me. Now I can even express myself better in actual conversations too because of it. So if one good thing has come out of all of this, I guess it would be that I feel more complete. I feel more like myself than I ever have.

Buy yea… I agree, **** those people. I know exactly the kind of person you’re talking about. The thing is, they’re most likely that way because somebody was that way with them, so it’s like a never ending cycle. What we need is encouragement, but sadly so many people are too focused on their self and simply don’t want to see others succeed because they don’t want anybody to have something they don’t have. If we could all just put away our selfish pride and help each other everyone would be so much better off… Yea, I kinda sound like a show aimed at preschoolers, but it’s true.

#4 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Legend

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:35 AM

I'll come back to this thread at a later date.. I woke up mad early today, in a good mood, made a bangin' breakfast (I never even eat breakfast yo).. feeling too good right now to fuck it up and harp on negative shit, lol.. but trust me I could write a shitload on the subject..

all i can say is even though theres tons of negative assholes out there, shit will indeed get better DTM.. tomorrow can bring anything.. there's no telling what will happen.. and if its bad for you now it can really only get better.. right?

#5 Simon

Simon

Only 4 stars due to not being Misawa

• Code-X Member
  • 3,933 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:10 AM

I just signed in to say that everything is going well in life for me and 2 of my 3 life goals (job & weight loss) have been achieved. Next stop get a girlfriend, which is a strong possibility.

u mad?

#6 Shyseven

Shyseven

...by way of detailed programmatic specificity.

• Code-X Member
  • 4,354 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:33 AM

Finally, someone who understands that people suck. :)

EDIT: At least people put out. :wub:

Edited by Shyseven, 09 November 2010 - 11:33 AM.

#7 Alan93

Alan93

Cole World

• Code-X Member
  • 4,374 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:05 PM

I'm doing well in college, got a good love life, working on some abs. Good stuff on this end.

#8 The Icon

The Icon

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 537 posts
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:43 PM

Gawd .. this is exactly how I feel everyday .. I feel rejected .. my life revolves around what other people want .. and it just ******* sucks.

#9 DTM

DTM

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Legend
  • 7,556 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:29 PM

View PostJB, on 09 November 2010 - 06:45 AM, said:

Buy yea… I agree, **** those people. I know exactly the kind of person you're talking about. The thing is, they're most likely that way because somebody was that way with them, so it's like a never ending cycle. What we need is encouragement, but sadly so many people are too focused on their self and simply don't want to see others succeed because they don't want anybody to have something they don't have. If we could all just put away our selfish pride and help each other everyone would be so much better off… Yea, I kinda sound like a show aimed at preschoolers, but it's true.

Guess instead of helping future generations they rather just have them go through the same thing.

View PostSimon, on 09 November 2010 - 11:10 AM, said:

I just signed in to say that everything is going well in life for me and 2 of my 3 life goals (job & weight loss) have been achieved. Next stop get a girlfriend, which is a strong possibility.

u mad?

Cool story, bro. Naw really its awesome nice to see good things happen to awesome people.

View PostShyseven, on 09 November 2010 - 11:33 AM, said:

Finally, someone who understands that people suck. :)

EDIT: At least people put out. :wub:

They do mostly but I won't say everyone does nor do I think its a good idea to isolate yourself. Just have to look for the people who stay even after your bad moments which is difficult.

View PostAlan93, on 09 November 2010 - 12:05 PM, said:

I'm doing well in college, got a good love life, working on some abs. Good stuff on this end.

Sweet. Same with Simon its cool to see.

View PostThe Icon, on 09 November 2010 - 02:43 PM, said:

Gawd .. this is exactly how I feel everyday .. I feel rejected .. my life revolves around what other people want .. and it just ******* sucks.

This is where the sucky part comes in, I refuse to become selfish and only think about myself but it would be nice if after you help someone out you get the same in return.

#10 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:45 PM

View PostAlan93, on 09 November 2010 - 12:05 PM, said:

Same with silly Dday cept I'm not on abs yet, just trying losing my gut. Also I'm trying to score a sweet paid internship which would help out ALOT and my ultra shopping spree is coming up. :)

#11 +Virus

+Virus

TASTE THE RAINBOW!

• Code-X Member
  • 2,334 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:36 PM

Life's been good to me, I have many good friends, my family always supports me, and overall my life is amazing. I'm in my Junior year of High School and making good grades, Just got a new truck, and I'm getting ready to join the Air Force. Don't really have much attention on love right now, trying to get school over with and then that's the next thing on my list.

#12 Jake.

Jake.

Pokemon Professor

• Code-X Member
  • 2,468 posts
  • Gallery:View
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:05 PM

HOLY ****.

Where did all of you depressing folk come from? You're acting like me. Of course comparing my life to JB's is actually pretty easier. But what you said about being like a bitter old man who gets annoyed by the tiniest things, Dan; I can compare.

Dealing with stuff such as going through the same shit but a different day is now a normal thing to me. My sense of humor was to laugh at most things, now it's dry-er than Jimmy Carr's stand up.

I actually went to see a therapist about it, he summarized me after I spoke about all the shit I've been through such as appetite problems and my alopecia (hair loss), the bipolar or manic depressive characteristics that I developed over being rejected and alone in my own sorrow. He just said I was going through a mid-life-crisis at the age of 17 and that I'm too mature for my age.

Now if you can compare with that, it isn't all that bad. We are still young and tomorrow is another day to cherish.

#13 TeryoLaw

TeryoLaw

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 336 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:25 PM

Want a tip? Get a better ******* psychiatrist.

I suppose my life took a poor turn when school ended and there wasn't anything to do in the real world. Or, I would rather say that there are a ton of things to do but I haven't been able to figure out what they are yet.

Also. That bad trip was probably a defining moment for me.

#14 H K

H K

Code X Join Date: Jul 7, 2004

• Code-X Legend
  • 9,209 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:43 PM

My life took a horrible turn when my dad was murdered. I was eight years old.

It got even worse when I found out he only got eight years, and only did four of those. They called it self defense. He stabbed my dad 29 times and slit his throat. Dad didn't even have a weapon. Where's the goddamned defense?

I saw his name and picture in the newspaper a month ago; he was being quoted about his brother, who had just been found Guilty, on a murder charge. He said his brother could never do something like that. When I saw that, I truly believed I could strangle the life out of that man. I wanted to feel him stop breathing, to watch the life fade from his eyes; I wanted him to suffer.

That's when my life took a horrible turn.

#15 Derrik Stone

Derrik Stone

You've just been Stoned!!

• Code-X Member
  • 3,229 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:13 PM

Man, James, that's horrible. Sorry to hear that so many of you guys are having a tough time in life.

#16 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:48 PM

Damn, HK. Sounds terrible. I can't even blame you for feeling the way you do/did at all.

#17 Blizzard

Blizzard

Ariana is my queen ♡

• Code-X Member
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:03 PM

Freakin' hell HK. That's some crazy shit. Sorry to hear that man.

#18 DTM

DTM

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Legend
  • 7,556 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:48 PM

Update: Things got worse.

#19 Blizzard

Blizzard

Ariana is my queen ♡

• Code-X Member
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 06:45 PM

View PostDTM, on 16 November 2010 - 04:48 PM, said:

Update: Things got worse.
How? Is everything ok?

#20 DTM

DTM

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Legend
  • 7,556 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:49 AM

Eh, Maybe I spoke too soon don't really feel like going in to details but I think I finally get my head on straight for the first time in months and can finally focus on myself.

#21 Blizzard

Blizzard

Ariana is my queen ♡

• Code-X Member
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:23 AM

View PostDTM, on 17 November 2010 - 01:49 AM, said:

Eh, Maybe I spoke too soon don't really feel like going in to details but I think I finally get my head on straight for the first time in months and can finally focus on myself.
Fair enough. Hope all goes well for you.

#22 Alan93

Alan93

Cole World

• Code-X Member
  • 4,374 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:11 AM

"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King Jr.

One of my all time favourite quotes in history from a brilliant man.

#23 Hargy

Hargy

H F X 0 1 0

• Code-X Member
  • 9,603 posts
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:37 PM

When my grandad died :( and turning to crime because i thought it was "cool" ¬¬

#24 Simon

Simon

Only 4 stars due to not being Misawa

• Code-X Member
  • 3,933 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 04:43 PM

"If you can't forgive and forget, how's this,
Forget forgivin' and just accept that that's it',
See that's how it's gotta be.
Then you can fall in love, get on with your life and be free"

Lyrics probably very relevant to how this thread's emotional depth, avatar definitely related.

#25 DTM

DTM

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Legend
  • 7,556 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:34 PM

Have to say since making this topic I was able to make things a lot better for myself, I think writing it all it and realizing I am letting negativity of others affect my mood was my main problem.