• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 xirtamehtsitahw

xirtamehtsitahw

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

Not only is the AI more aggressive both offensively and defensively, they are harder to pin (when you can actually PIN them) or submit. I've seen Superstars such as Sheamus and Dolph Ziggler(!) absorb four or five finishers (at max damage) and STILL kick out at 2. I believe that if a superstar is fighting an opponent that is on their enemies list, that AI "enemy" will be harder for the superstar to defeat than otherwise. Also, the higher up the enemies list the opponent is, the harder it will be for the superstar to defeat them. But, a positive caveat is in effect: the more "bitter" an enemy is to a superstar, if that superstar runs into trouble, then the more likely that another superstar allied with the first superstar will try to interfere on the superstar's behalf--or betray them! I've seen both scenarios play out numerous times. I've been swerved twice in the same match--once during the pre-match cutscene, and then a second time when another superstar interfered and landed a SECOND finisher on me, but I still went on to win the match--only to be swerved a THIRD time by a superstar who ran into the ring (during the post-match cutscene) and hit me in the back with a steel pipe! Apparently that poor sap had made a LOT of enemies! LOL

As for creating "uber" movesets, hacking finishers/sigs/groggy grapples/running strikes into standing grapple slots makes those moves themselves "counter-proof",so the AI will simply try to gain control of the grapple by reversing into its own grapple animation. However, there are ways to trick the AI into not reversing. For one, if the AI doesn't reverse the initial grapple, you can kind of "buffer" your next move by dragging them whilst in a grapple situation, then release the drag move, and proceed to use one of the side headlock moves at your leisure. I've yet to see an AI opponent reverse such a move, following being "dragged." A grapple drag always resolves into a side-headlock grapple. You can transition to another grapple position if you like, but, be warned--the "buffer" immediately wears off once you change grapple positions, and the AI can counter your grapple into one of its own, and if you try to re-counter, the AI will very often resort to using a grappled strike or strong strike (these moves are VERY difficult to counter, even when your counter button is turboed).

Edited by xirtamehtsitahw, 01 June 2013 - 10:56 PM.

#2 xirtamehtsitahw

xirtamehtsitahw

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

The AI is a bonafide sore loser on the Legend difficulty--if it can't find a way to counter your moves, there is a chance they will simply "statue up" and you can't finish the match. How lame. When, if ever, will AI wrestlers ever "play fair"? They use all kinds of cheap countering methods and tactics designed to be "impossible" to overcome by even the best human players. I found that out when I literally had to exploit an AI glitch in order to win an otherwise unwinnable 6-man tag match. By "unwinnable" I mean that the AI wrestlers were literally countering about 99 percent of my moves. That is about five times as much as a normal Legend-difficulty AI opponent would counter my moves, even with the AI countering sliders all the way up! That means that the AI will "cheat" and increase its own difficulty, just to try to "ruin" your undefeated streak--I've literally won over 100 matches in a row on maxed-out Legend difficulty. However, I think that the 6-man tag team match scenario I just described suggests that the AI is capable of going into "Perfect" difficulty, that is, you'd be lucky to land even a handful of moves the entire match against the AI--that's how much they will counter your moves! The glitch I deliberately exploited was thus: Frieza (a CAW) was "stuck" against the ropes because he couldn't escape, due to one of my tag partners blocking his path, so, he "idioted out" and just kept walking in place, while the ref counted to 5 and disqualified his team. If I hadn't had DQs on, the match would have never gone on any further!